shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My Art Deco Reset - My Original Diamond!

Luxie

Shiny_Rock
Hello! Just wanted to share my new reset/ring! The diamond is the original diamond that DH proposed to me with 29 years ago, as he got down on one knee. The stone has been sitting in my jewelry box untouched for well over 20 years. After giving birth to my firstborn (she is now 22) which coincided with our five year anniversary at the time, DH bought me a 1.51ct round brilliant stone which I had worn every single day until we traded it in this past June toward my current 2.60ct RB which DH gave to me for my 50th birthday.

The stone is a .78ct round brilliant. 29 years ago the stone came with no paperwork so I have no idea on the specs. I do know it has some warmth and it does appear to be about a J in color and it has always been a real sparkler. I decided to bring this very sentimental stone out of the jewelry box and back to life so that I can wear it by having it reset into an antique replica Art Deco filigree setting with bezeled Halo, set in 18 karat white gold with fine millgrain detail. I am very pleased with how the ring turned out. The stone was originally set as a six prong Tiffany style solitaire - and now that it has been reset with a halo surrounding I can't believe the amount of finger coverage! I love it and will wear it every day as a right-hand ring. Some of the pictures are alongside my seven stone anniversary band which I wear on my left hand, but I will not be wearing them together. I only took pictures of them together just for fun as I wear my 2.60 round brilliant alongside the seven stone every day.

Thanks for letting me share!

_2053.jpg

_2054.jpg

_2055.jpg

_2056.jpg

Luxie

Shiny_Rock
A few more…

_2057.jpg

_2058.jpg

_2059.jpg

_2060.jpg

Luxie

Shiny_Rock
More...

_2061.jpg

_2062.jpg

_2063.jpg

_2064.jpg

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
That setting is gorgeous! I love all the details.

kefira

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful! Who made the setting?

Luxie

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Lorrissey and kefira! In answer to your question kefira, the setting is an exact replica of an antique setting which was made by the designer/bench jeweler at Barsky Diamonds in Philadelphia, (which is also where DH purchased my 2.60 RB back in June).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, they did an excellent job! I have a similar size diamond from my mother and was hesitating on setting it into a ring because of the size, but it looks great in that setting! I love it! :love:

CDCsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful setting! Glad you were able to reuse your original diamond:)

Luxie

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1353954095|3315774 said:
Gosh, they did an excellent job! I have a similar size diamond from my mother and was hesitating on setting it into a ring because of the size, but it looks great in that setting! I love it! :love:
Thank you diamondseeker! I had been debating between setting the stone into a pendant or a ring. I am more of a ring person! I love the amount of coverage the halo gave the 6 mm stone - with the halo including bezel it is approximately 12 mm.

Luxie

Shiny_Rock
CDCsparkles|1353954340|3315777 said:
Beautiful setting! Glad you were able to reuse your original diamond:)
Thank you! I only wish I had thought of doing this sooner!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful, sentimental heirloom piece!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!! I love the detail on the shank!

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
Oh its SOOO beautiful!!! The setting makes the diamond look HUGE!!! I even like the way it looks with the seven stone :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is one AMAZING setting!! I love it! and the sentimental stone - that is so heartwarming :praise: I love your story and that ring is just such a perfect 'complete the circle' purchase - just beautiful!!

You have such young hands, too!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
The setting is exquisite and your diamond looks amazing in it! Congratulations! :appl:

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
Wow the ring turned out great. And it's wonderful that you kept the diamond that your DH proposed with and gave it such a beautiful setting.

D

Deactivated member 42515

I am lovvvvving that shank!!!! It is a beauty!!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

I'd love to drool over a family bling picture if you have one handy... :)

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice setting! It looks great!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring and a great way to reuse your original diamond!! Love love love the milgrain detail and everything else on the side.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring with beautiful sentiment - it looks great!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just beautiful! I love everything about it!! The details on the ring are gorgeous and how lovely that it is the original diamond your dh proposed with 29 years ago!!!
Happy 50th birthday and happy 29 year anniversary!! Wear it in health and happiness!! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Luxie|1353955574|3315792 said:
diamondseeker2006|1353954095|3315774 said:
Thank you diamondseeker! I had been debating between setting the stone into a pendant or a ring. I am more of a ring person! I love the amount of coverage the halo gave the 6 mm stone - with the halo including bezel it is approximately 12 mm.

The stone I have is 6mm, too! I have it in a simple pendant now and was debating about making it into a halo pendant. But I really wear rings more, too. That bench person is really good! We see great work here and not so great work, but this would fall into the great category, in my opinion!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Luxie,

I am so excited about your reset. This ring is SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!! The center stone does look huge! I would never have guessed that it was a .78. It looks at least 1 ct. It's the perfect setting for the original e-ring. Makes me want to do the exact same thing for my original which is 1.1 carat. If I had that, I would wear it EVERY DAY as a RHR!!!!!

:love: :love: :love:

Wear it in health and happiness!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I love that setting-the detail is gorgeous! It really came out beautiful & lovely that you're wearing your original proposal stone!
Congratulations!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring!! I love the shank, they look like flames.

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
The detail is exquisite. What a lovely piece!! I bet your husband is very happy too that you are now wearing both his rings :))

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Holy incredible setting, Batman!! Those details, that metal work, yum. It's absolutely exquisite, and the fact it has brought your original engagement diamond back into the spotlight is so, so romantic. :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous! :love:

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Luxie, it looks fantastic, what a great idea - I have my original er in a safe place, it's not quite as big as yours at just over 0.50ct - giving me ideas :bigsmile:

Lovely, it's been given a new lease on life! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results