shape
carat
color
clarity

My Art DECO Birthday Present

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I''m super late to this thread (that must mean I work too much, huh!)...but your brooch is just spectacular, Skippy!!!! Thanks for sharing, wear it in good health, and happy birthday!
36.gif

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is beautiful!!! The only antique jewelry I have is my grandmothers engagement and weddings bands. The rings are a size 4, and I wear a size 10 ring! The setting is gorgeous, but the center stone isn''t very large so it''s not really worth it to take the stone out. Hopefully maybe one of my children will be able to wear it? Anyway, your piece is gorgeous and you are so lucky to have an an antique heirloom jewel that you can wear for special occasions!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy,
That brooch is unreal. Do you have an approximate dimension measurement of it? It looks very well made and symmetrical even for an old (handmade) peice. I just can''t get over the fine details. Lucky you and hubby to inherit this wonderful brooch. This Xmas would be the perfect time to wear it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2007 2:41:08 PM
Author: Gypsy
I'm with Lady A and Gwendolyn... that belongs in the Royal Jewels thread! SO STUNNING!!!

And it couldn't have gone to a sweeter person!!! Happy Birthday Skippy!
I love that, thank you Gypsy; you are so sweet!!!!
9.gif
2.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely piece! What a lovely aunt! Happy belated birthday Skippy!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy,

I had to come back to look (drool) at your gorgeous brooch again. It is truly a piece of art! Hope you are enjoying it!

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE THE DECO PERIOD! Especially for the fabulous jewelry that was created in that time frame. Unbelieveable workmanship and sooo classy.

I just bought my sweetie some Art Deco white gold cuff links to wear when we get married. I can''t get over that beautiful piece. My wedding is an evening wedding and I am wearing navy blue - I need a lovely little something to wear - you know, something old, something new, something BORROWED........

It was worth a shot. Enjoy wearing it.

Melanie

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, absolutely AMAZING!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, ahhh you are so sweet!!! Thanks!

Crownjewel, I should wear it everyday, to the gym too. hehee Thanks!

Deelight, thank you, the tapestry is cool.

Libster, thank you, thanks for letting me share!

Ambergretchen, thank you; I was speechless too when I first saw the pics. hehee

Debhew, thank you; I do enjoy it!

Vespergirl, thank you! I love your new ering; it is so beautiful!

Omieluv, I am super excited to pass it down; it is very exciting to have something like this in my family!
12.gif

Sassee, the workmanship I agree is divine; it is amazing that they could do stuff like that in the 1920's; thank you!!!

Gemma12, thank you; I did have a lovely day, thanks!

Naan (sevens), thank you; I do treasure it!!! it is good to see you dear heart!!!

Mara54, ahhhh, thanks, you are so sweet!!!

Cachette, thank you; I will have to find a good occasion!

Pieface, thank you!!!! Your lady is going to love her new sapphire/diamond brooch! It is gorgeous!!!

Monnie, I am glad you saw it!! Thank you!

Calicushion, thank you! Wow, that is awesome you have your grams rings; what treasures!!! Maybe you could wear them around a necklace.

Chrono, I am so excited you saw this
2.gif
I love your oec, swoon! It is 2 1/2 inches by 1 1/2 inch.

Simplysplendid, thanks dear! His aunt was very dear to him.

Portia, you are so cute; thanks for coming back!!! Too bad I can't get you hubby to take pics of it
27.gif

BlackIsland, I too love the art deco period; there are so many cool things! Where are the cuff links, you need to show those puppy's off
27.gif
Okay, I will lend it to you for the old and blue
2.gif
Thanks!!!

Michelle, thank you sweetie and fellow Dec baby!!!! I love your new pendants. I keep dreaming of owning a little palm tree too someday!

Thank you all for your wonderful compliments. Hubby and I love reading them, thanks a million!!!
12.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OUTSTANDING!!! Wear it in the best of health!
drool.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Skippy I realize that I am extremely late in responding to this thread, but I caught a glimpse of this beauty with the Christmas Bling items and I decided I had to find your original post about it. A happy belated birthday to you and congratulations on receiving such a magnificent family heirloom! Your brooch is one of the most exquisite and stunning pieces of jewelry that I have ever seen and there is no one more deserving of such a special treasure!!! Please wear it in good health and thank you for sharing it with us.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am even more late than everyone else, but HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOU, SKIPPY!!

And what a gorgeous art-deco piece, I love all art deco jewels. They are simply stunning. Wear it in good health, Skippy.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2007 1:20:13 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
OUTSTANDING!!! Wear it in the best of health!
hippygirl.gif
Madam B, thank you!!! I love your ring collection!
drool.gif
I love that you are going to the ipod store. hehee Do you have more pieces you are holding out on?!?!?!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2007 5:59:05 PM
Author: Sundial
Skippy I realize that I am extremely late in responding to this thread, but I caught a glimpse of this beauty with the Christmas Bling items and I decided I had to find your original post about it. A happy belated birthday to you and congratulations on receiving such a magnificent family heirloom! Your brooch is one of the most exquisite and stunning pieces of jewelry that I have ever seen and there is no one more deserving of such a special treasure!!! Please wear it in good health and thank you for sharing it with us.
Sundial, I have missed you lots; I have thought of you often! I am keeping you and your family in my prayers. Thank you for your sweet words; that means a lot to me neighbor! Hubby and I are going to Barcelona in a couple of months; your fab pics and another friend who went got us wanting to go there!!! We also will go on a side trip to Monserrat because of your gorgeous pics. If you have any tapas recommendations I will take them or must see sights, if you don''t mind sharing
3.gif
So happy to see you!!!
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2007 7:02:32 AM
Author: Phoenix
I am even more late than everyone else, but HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOU, SKIPPY!!

And what a gorgeous art-deco piece, I love all art deco jewels. They are simply stunning. Wear it in good health, Skippy.
Lien, thank you! Thank you for the sweet wishes!! Hope the new job is fab; sending you my best wishes! I miss all the excitment and fast pace sometimes; you will do awesome!
9.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Skippy -- I think I need to point out that your brooch would go so well with my e-ring that you might want to consider sending it my way... did that work??? huh?? PLEEEAASSEEE???
9.gif
9.gif

no?

well, ok....
39.gif

I think it''s amazing, obviously, and I''m such a sucker for diamonds and sapphires together. It''s just such an elegant look! This is maybe kind of a stretch, but that brooch would look amazing in your hair too!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2007 10:53:30 AM
Author: Skippy123

Sundial, I have missed you lots; I have thought of you often! I am keeping you and your family in my prayers. Thank you for your sweet words; that means a lot to me neighbor! Hubby and I are going to Barcelona in a couple of months; your fab pics and another friend who went got us wanting to go there!!! We also will go on a side trip to Monserrat because of your gorgeous pics. If you have any tapas recommendations I will take them or must see sights, if you don't mind sharing
3.gif
So happy to see you!!!
1.gif
Oh Skippy you guys will love Barcelona! And I am so glad that you are taking the time to go to Monserrat. It is well worth the trip. Sagrada Familia is also a must see in Barcelona itself and the shopping is great on Los Ramblas. It is very crowded though so just mind your purse. I am very excited for you and can't wait to hear all about it when you return!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2007 11:04:17 AM
Author: sumbride
Skippy -- I think I need to point out that your brooch would go so well with my e-ring that you might want to consider sending it my way... did that work??? huh?? PLEEEAASSEEE???
9.gif
9.gif

no?

well, ok....
39.gif

I think it's amazing, obviously, and I'm such a sucker for diamonds and sapphires together. It's just such an elegant look! This is maybe kind of a stretch, but that brooch would look amazing in your hair too!
Sumbride, sure, come on over, it did vvork
2.gif

I was thinking about putting it in my hair; I like that idea. I think it would look great! I promise whenever I wear it and have something to dress up for I will take pics
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2007 7:10:33 PM

Date: 12/28/2007 10:53:30 AM

Sundial, I have missed you lots; I have thought of you often! I am keeping you and your family in my prayers. Thank you for your sweet words; that means a lot to me neighbor! Hubby and I are going to Barcelona in a couple of months; your fab pics and another friend who went got us wanting to go there!!! We also will go on a side trip to Monserrat because of your gorgeous pics. If you have any tapas recommendations I will take them or must see sights, if you don't mind sharing
3.gif
So happy to see you!!!
1.gif
Oh Skippy you guys will love Barcelona! And I am so glad that you are taking the time to go to Monserrat. It is well worth the trip. Sagrada Familia is also a must see in Barcelona itself and the shopping is great on Los Ramblas. It is very crowded though so just mind your purse. I am very excited for you and can't wait to hear all about it when you return!!!
Thanks a million Sundial!!! I appreciate the suggestions and if you are ever in ABQ, I would love to meet up w/you for lunch. I am sure we would have lots to talk about and I am sure you would plant some great little travel seeds in my mind for future trips w/all your FAB trips you have been on, friend!!!

Btw, too bad we didn't get any snow like last year, remember all the snow!
3.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
hun, when are we going to get pics of your beautiful brooch on YOU??

don''t leave us hanging!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2007 10:29:23 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
hun, when are we going to get pics of your beautiful brooch on YOU??

don''t leave us hanging!!
Oh, I am sorry, I don''t mean to leave you hanging, for reals. It is only in the low 40''s so when it warms up this spring I promise I will take pics. You are so sweet Charger and I am totally looking forward to trying some of those restaurant suggestions, thanks dear!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2007 10:56:48 PM

Oh, I am sorry, I don''t mean to leave you hanging, for reals. It is only in the low 40''s so when it warms up this spring I promise I will take pics. You are so sweet Charger and I am totally looking forward to trying some of those restaurant suggestions, thanks dear!
THIS SPRING??

Pfft. Put that thing on and get in front of a window.
11.gif

tapping.gif

p.s. I posted to you in your Who''s Who thread.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2007 10:20:30 PM
Date: 12/28/2007 11:04:17 AM

9.gif
9.gif

no?

well, ok....
39.gif

I think it''s amazing, obviously, and I''m such a sucker for diamonds and sapphires together. It''s just such an elegant look! This is maybe kind of a stretch, but that brooch would look amazing in your hair too!

2.gif

I was thinking about putting it in my hair; I like that idea. I think it would look great! I promise whenever I wear it and have something to dress up for I will take pics
9.gif

VVell... vvonderful!!!
2.gif
I''ll be right over!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2007 12:44:21 PM

Date: 12/29/2007 10:20:30 PM

2.gif

9.gif

VVell... vvonderful!!!
2.gif
I''ll be right over!!!
lol.gif
You are toooo cute; thanks, that made me LOL! Yes, come on over Summer!
thum12.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2007 11:07:16 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 12/29/2007 10:56:48 PM

Oh, I am sorry, I don't mean to leave you hanging, for reals. It is only in the low 40's so when it warms up this spring I promise I will take pics. You are so sweet Charger and I am totally looking forward to trying some of those restaurant suggestions, thanks dear!
THIS SPRING??

Pfft. Put that thing on and get in front of a window.
11.gif

tapping.gif

p.s. I posted to you in your Who's Who thread.
dance2.gif
But really it is so cold, I know it is silly but I want to look right wearing it because it belonged to such a special and dear person.
daydreaming.gif
Going to go looksie.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
OMG!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Its like the brooch of my dreams just magically materialized and appeared on PS. So delicate, and vintage...and with the blue...DROOL. If this baby has a twin I need to find it..
You are SO LUCKY. ENJOY!!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Whoaaaaa Miss Skippy! I hope you are enjoying your brooch. It is just DIVINE and I love the sentiment behind it as well. I''ve made up my mind and cannot ever go brooch shopping. The sales ppl will wonder why I''m uttering , "Not as sparkly as Skippy''s, not as tasteful as Skippy''s, not as good a design as Skippy''s," and they may just kick me out!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 5:39:12 PM
Author: Love in Bloom
Whoaaaaa Miss Skippy! I hope you are enjoying your brooch. It is just DIVINE and I love the sentiment behind it as well. I've made up my mind and cannot ever go brooch shopping. The sales ppl will wonder why I'm uttering , 'Not as sparkly as Skippy's, not as tasteful as Skippy's, not as good a design as Skippy's,' and they may just kick me out!
OM goodness, it is so great to see you Love; I think of you often, you need to hang out on PS more!!
9.gif
You are too darling, thank you for your sweet words.
12.gif

Missrocks, thank you (I know I said thanks in your gorgeous stone ering thread but wanted to say it again). I love love the blue in your stone; it makes me swoon!!
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHAT?? No peetures? I rushed in here thinking there would be....
39.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2008 10:06:49 AM
Author: Ellen
WHAT?? No peetures? I rushed in here thinking there would be....
39.gif
lol.gif
No, sorry. I promise
12.gif
I will start a new a little later one called pics for Ellen, Lisa, Kimi and DF and others who asked. Right now it is in the safety deposit box. . . I know shame shame
15.gif
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results