clarity

#JOTW My 7 ct O-P...ulent OMC in a Victor Canera setting

arhzay

Rough_Rock
Pauline is simply magnificent :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg this thread makes my day. Going to start saving now so I can buy a ring like this lol

incredible!!!
Thanks @pearaffair, I’m so happy that it’s mine!

This certifiably brightened my otherwise boring day. Thank you for sharing such an amazing ring.
Happy to share @derbygal!

Great meeting of diamonds & YG! How it ought to be.
Thanks @AV_, I agree :kiss2:

Pauline is simply magnificent :love:
Thank you @arhzay, she’s quite a stunner!

Reactions: AV_

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday morning PS! I hope everyone is well and safe during this unprecedented time.
I’m sharing some OMC buttery color on this beautiful day!

I hope it’s not too blurry to enjoy.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This stone is amazing. The scintillation... :love: And those giant facets... I can't even imagine how much colour you must see IRL in the sun! I know that the camera captures just a fraction of what you see - and if what the camera managed is this compelling... :cool2:

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is stunning! I love the yellow metal and the detail, you must be ecstatic! At least you have something beautiful to look at while we are stuck at home.

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
Victor’s IG video

Thank you @Jimmianne, it is all I could ever hope for.

Thank you for the 2nd motion @PreRaphaelite!

Thank you @canuk-gal, I love looking!

Thank you @mrs-b, it’s quite an impressive combination!
I’m waiting with great curiosity on you new EC ring!

HOLY MOLY. That is absolutely stunning! I'm looking at a similar setting for a large OMC. Do you feel that the bezel setting makes the stone face up a bit whiter since the profile is more covered? I had been considering a platinum setting for the low color stone I'm looking at - how do you think your VC ring would look in platinum with this type of stone??

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOLY MOLY. That is absolutely stunning! I'm looking at a similar setting for a large OMC. Do you feel that the bezel setting makes the stone face up a bit whiter since the profile is more covered? I had been considering a platinum setting for the low color stone I'm looking at - how do you think your VC ring would look in platinum with this type of stone??
The bezel and gallery definitely will hide body color but that wasn’t my intent. I wanted YG to highlight the soft buttery color of my diamond but I’m sure platinum would be just as gorgeous.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
stunning!!!!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
I’m thrilled to share with PS my new 7.04 ct O-P antique diamond.

Adam at OWD so graciously worked with me to trade my 4.07 J OEC because I purchased it before their trade-in policy changed.

I know some may question my decision to go from a J to an O-P for my ER but the OEC had just enough tint that it kept bothering me. I thought about going higher in color which meant smaller size with additional funds. I’ve also over time developed a love for the lower color antique diamonds. I’d looked at a 3.5 ct Q-R OMC a couple years back but it wasn’t big enough. I kept watching the inventory at OWD and this OMC showed up loose several times but Adam had it set into a simple YG setting and put up videos. I was struck by it so I made contact with him to send it to me for viewing. I was totally enamored, I gasped when I opened the package. It’s a buttery color yet faces up quite vanilla, yet never an ugly color.

While I did love the simple YG setting, I didn’t care for the prongs because it gave it more of a square look. I’ve always loved the cathedral version of the Adriana by Victor Canera. I wanted a very wearable setting yet elegant so I asked Victor to make it in a bezel and I’m thrilled with the outcome!

As always, Victor was easy and accommodating, such a true pleasure to work with him!

I’ll first share it in the setting as it came to me in, then the new.

7996E249-D833-4281-9F94-8013758E61B0.jpeg 7DC71B79-D816-48DC-BAAE-67C6D3B98632.jpeg

My jaw is on the floor!!! :oops2: This is truly one of the most gorgeous things I've ever seen.

I'm so glad this post was resurfaced. I'm considering a 6+ carat O-P old mine with similar dimensions. To be honest, the color scares me a bit. The stone is gorgeous and looked pretty white to me IRL, but I don't want it to come off like a yellow/fancy color. It sounds like you were looking to play up the color in this setting, but does your stone ever appear like a white diamond?

Also, do you feel like the bezel makes it look much bigger on your hand? I love this setting and the protection it would provide to the girdle, but I'm not looking for it to appear even bigger on my small finger.
:lol:

Finally, did Adam say anything about potential resale value on an O-P? My other worry is not being able to recoup the value if I ever decide to sell it.

Thanks so much!!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow what a magnificent diamond that is!!!!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My jaw is on the floor!!! :oops2: This is truly one of the most gorgeous things I've ever seen.

I'm so glad this post was resurfaced. I'm considering a 6+ carat O-P old mine with similar dimensions. To be honest, the color scares me a bit. The stone is gorgeous and looked pretty white to me IRL, but I don't want it to come off like a yellow/fancy color. It sounds like you were looking to play up the color in this setting, but does your stone ever appear like a white diamond?

Also, do you feel like the bezel makes it look much bigger on your hand? I love this setting and the protection it would provide to the girdle, but I'm not looking for it to appear even bigger on my small finger.
:lol:

Finally, did Adam say anything about potential resale value on an O-P? My other worry is not being able to recoup the value if I ever decide to sell it.

Thanks so much!!!
Thank you @twosanguinehearts for the lovely comment.

Color is definitely notable in an O-P diamond regardless of which metal you set it in. Mine faces up an antique ivory white in many environments and others a light buttery color. I wouldn’t say pure or intense yellow at anytime. I personally love the color that it displays as it amps up the colored flashes of fire. I’d actually be fine with an even warmer color.

The bezel doesn’t make it appear larger to me.

I never asked Adam about the color range holding it’s value but I’d assume it would just like any other color. The biggest thing is that most people don’t like warmer diamonds so it could take a while to sell if you should ever want or need.

My thought is that antique diamonds in this size are quite rare which could help them hold value.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm back for more eye candy. I so love this ring!!!!!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m thrilled to share with PS my new 7.04 ct O-P antique diamond.

Adam at OWD so graciously worked with me to trade my 4.07 J OEC because I purchased it before their trade-in policy changed.

I know some may question my decision to go from a J to an O-P for my ER but the OEC had just enough tint that it kept bothering me. I thought about going higher in color which meant smaller size with additional funds. I’ve also over time developed a love for the lower color antique diamonds. I’d looked at a 3.5 ct Q-R OMC a couple years back but it wasn’t big enough. I kept watching the inventory at OWD and this OMC showed up loose several times but Adam had it set into a simple YG setting and put up videos. I was struck by it so I made contact with him to send it to me for viewing. I was totally enamored, I gasped when I opened the package. It’s a buttery color yet faces up quite vanilla, yet never an ugly color.

While I did love the simple YG setting, I didn’t care for the prongs because it gave it more of a square look. I’ve always loved the cathedral version of the Adriana by Victor Canera. I wanted a very wearable setting yet elegant so I asked Victor to make it in a bezel and I’m thrilled with the outcome!

As always, Victor was easy and accommodating, such a true pleasure to work with him!

I’ll first share it in the setting as it came to me in, then the new.

7996E249-D833-4281-9F94-8013758E61B0.jpeg 7DC71B79-D816-48DC-BAAE-67C6D3B98632.jpeg

Beautiful. Had to come back and look again. May I ask the measurement of your diamond? The proportion are so perfect.

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Is this your ring on consignment with Old World Diamonds? I spotted it on Instagram and wondered if it was yours. So sorry to hear that you are thinking of parting with it. It’s beautiful.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this your ring on consignment with Old World Diamonds? I spotted it on Instagram and wondered if it was yours. So sorry to hear that you are thinking of parting with it. It’s beautiful.

Hi @SapphireLover,

Yes it’s mine. It was a decision I thought quite intensely about but once it sells there’s definitely a plan for another hopefully just as beautiful.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @SapphireLover,

Yes it’s mine. It was a decision I thought quite intensely about but once it sells there’s definitely a plan for another hopefully just as beautiful.

Can't wait to hear about your new project!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG, how did I miss this?!!!! This is spectacular!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Yay!! Found your thread on this ring. I had seen it on the "Old Miner" thread and wanted to know all about it. S T U N N I N G!!!!!!!!:love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results