shape
carat
color
clarity

My 5.13CT Lemony Pear-fect Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! Congrats, it sure is a stunner
30.gif
30.gif
!!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
6.gif
I think I''m in love *swoon*

That is just STUNNING! I love the setting it''s in currently too.

I am this rings groopie

dh97

Shiny_Rock
Amethyste, your ring is beautiful. Do you believe that when I saw the first few minutes on ebay, I placed it in my watching list and talked to my aunt about it. Then a day after the seller ended early that auction that made me felt sad little bit. But now I knew that this gorgeous diamond in PSer''s hand. I''m so happy for you.

I still kept seller''s pictures
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
. Love to see your pictures, beautiful diamond again.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Are you serious DH97???
I am telling you, I saw it and I called the seller and she offered me a BIN price. It was sooooo good, that I couldnt resist. I have been looking for a pear in this size and color for the longest time. It was a dream come true. I just couldnt let this beauty slip off my finger per se...

Thank you for your kind words - trust me, it is sooooo beautiful in real.
28.gif

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I am de-lurking to say your ring is absolutely awe inspiring. But, not as awe inspiring as the fact that you have been saving up money for it for almost 20 years (is that right)! That is a huge achievement.

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This ring is ridiculous! In such a good way. I hope you gain more confidence wearing it out and about- who cares what people think! Ignore the comments and it definitely shouldn''t matter if people think it is fake. All that matters is how much you love it! And I think that you probably love it enough to ignore all those skeptics and nosy''s out there
2.gif

Post more hand shots, before or after you do a reset!

dh97

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 11:23:11 PM
Author: Amethyste
Are you serious DH97???

I am telling you, I saw it and I called the seller and she offered me a BIN price. It was sooooo good, that I couldnt resist. I have been looking for a pear in this size and color for the longest time. It was a dream come true. I just couldnt let this beauty slip off my finger per se...

Thank you for your kind words - trust me, it is sooooo beautiful in real.
28.gif

This ring looks beautiful in your hand, your pics. I''m really happy for you. I told my husband that I don''t have to wonder what happen with the big lemony pear ring that I showed him on that night.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to come back and drool at this beautiful ring again.
18.gif
30.gif

Also, I wanted to tell you again that I LOVE the stone in its current setting. I hope you don''t change it, but of course it is you who''ll have to love it.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 11:56:15 PM
Author: y2kitty
I am de-lurking to say your ring is absolutely awe inspiring. But, not as awe inspiring as the fact that you have been saving up money for it for almost 20 years (is that right)! That is a huge achievement.

Yes!! It took a loooooooooooooooooong time... But it paid off! :) Thank you for your kind comment :)

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 12:18:26 AM
Author: LamborghiniGirl
This ring is ridiculous! In such a good way. I hope you gain more confidence wearing it out and about- who cares what people think! Ignore the comments and it definitely shouldn''t matter if people think it is fake. All that matters is how much you love it! And I think that you probably love it enough to ignore all those skeptics and nosy''s out there
2.gif

Post more hand shots, before or after you do a reset!

I am getting adjusted to it... It really has a presence that I wasn''t quite ready to handle. The fact that the center stone is more yellow, it make people look more I think, but its ok, I adore it! I am learning to brush off the looks and skepticism of lurkers in real life. THank you :)

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 5:22:04 AM
Author: Phoenix
18.gif
30.gif

Also, I wanted to tell you again that I LOVE the stone in its current setting. I hope you don''t change it, but of course it is you who''ll have to love it.

I think I will keep in in the current setting for a while. I just want to get used to the diamond first before I start changing a bunch of things. The current setting is pleasant, but is high in my opinion and its extremely heavy! But I love the how the pear is sitting in a gold shield within the patinum setting... I might keep it who knows!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 8:24:20 PM
Author: 4ever
6.gif
I think I''m in love *swoon*

That is just STUNNING! I love the setting it''s in currently too.

I am this rings groopie

Weeee... My ring''s first groopie!!! That is the sweetest thing! hehe...
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/26/2009 7:37:29 AM
THank you all...

Oh my!!! I am taken by all your kind and swet comments!

Believe it or not... I wear it and not many have commented on it.
I find myself hiding my hand when I wear the ring when in front of
people. I guess I am not totally ready to explain myself.
'' I have been saving for a long long time to buy this ring''.
''Don''t you want to keep the money instead and buy a house? Something
more important than jewelry? Retirement?'' Ugh............
I mean the economy sucks and I am sure people will perceive me
as a frivolous person.
I know I shouldnt care about what people think, and I usually don''t.
I bet you they all think its fake since I am a hippie clothed gal.
My car is a small little smart car and I wear Dansko shoes.
I just dont know how to handle
this ring yet lol. :)
had to take another lookie- it''s gorgeous! wowzer! and I think you are one cool gal !love the highlighted comment! lol...

This ring is so cute! Again! I had to come back to this thread to wave it helloooo
35.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
amethyste - you said you sing? do you mind me inquiring further?

I adore your pear. Absolutely stunning. I do like the setting too..

BKmommy

Rough_Rock
Words cannot express the gorgeousness of that ginormous rock! Just amazing.
18.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring is gorgeous, and I absolutely love that you''re wearing it as an everyday ring! I''m sure it won''t be too long before it feels like a part of you... and that other people will start noticing your when you get to the point where you forget that you''re wearing it!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 5:45:47 PM
Author: dragonfly411

What would you like to know?
Anyhow, thank you for your comments on my ring, I am flattered.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Whoa, baby! That requires some really long fingers!
9.gif
And personality to carry it off!
2.gif

Though I''m not a yellow stone kind of gal, I''m liking that shade because it is ''lemony''.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 11:04:41 PM
Author: HollyS
Whoa, baby! That requires some really long fingers!
9.gif
And personality to carry it off!
2.gif

Though I''m not a yellow stone kind of gal, I''m liking that shade because it is ''lemony''.

Hehe... I think the only thing I have is the personality to carry it, as I have little stubby fingers. I always thought that a pear shaped diamond gave the illusion of longer fingers :) Oh I wish I had longer ones ! I am with you on the really vivid yellow colors, I love this one cause it has this lemon drop color, so soft. Feels like a ray of sunshine on my hands everyday. I live in NH and its been raining for months, so looking down at my ring feels like a mini-vacation!
16.gif

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 4:38:14 PM
Author: D&T

THank you all...

as a frivolous person.

had to take another lookie- it''s gorgeous! wowzer! and I think you are one cool gal !love the highlighted comment! lol...

Haha... THank you D&T - you are really sweet. I am really a modern hippie girl. I do not own a piece of clothing that doesnt have a flower on it. I also do NOT own a single pair of pants/jeans! I only wear long skirts or dresses. At first it annoyed my husband so much, he''s German and all the girls there are TOP fashion. When I first visited I got a lot of stares from the German people cause I was so different looking, the thing is I don''t notice people staring at me, its just who I am and part of my everyday life. I know it bugged my hubby, and he asked me if I could dress to fit it a little more and I kindly said no. I am not going to change who I am to "fit" in. He respected that and accepts my eccentric personality :)

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I kinda hope you keep that setting, I think that gorgeous pear looks perfect in it! I don''t think a HW setting would have the same WOW factor, and you deserve a WOW factor for saving for that long! Congrats on finding that beauty!

pearbag from DBL.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/2/2009 7:28:12 AM

Date: 7/1/2009 4:38:14 PM
Author: D&T

THank you all...

as a frivolous person.

Haha... THank you D&T - you are really sweet. I am really a modern hippie girl. I do not own a piece of clothing that doesnt have a flower on it. I also do NOT own a single pair of pants/jeans! I only wear long skirts or dresses. At first it annoyed my husband so much, he''s German and all the girls there are TOP fashion. When I first visited I got a lot of stares from the German people cause I was so different looking, the thing is I don''t notice people staring at me, its just who I am and part of my everyday life. I know it bugged my hubby, and he asked me if I could dress to fit it a little more and I kindly said no. I am not going to change who I am to ''fit'' in. He respected that and accepts my eccentric personality :)
Fantastic!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 10:15:20 PM
Date: 7/1/2009 5:45:47 PM

Author: dragonfly411

What would you like to know?

Anyhow, thank you for your comments on my ring, I am flattered.

How would one find your songs? without breaking rules here. I love music
1.gif

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm... i cannot figure it out... *i dont want to get in trouble lol*
google my name ( amethyste vocalist ), I think you'll find the music i do. :)

RubyCharm

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 7:32:15 AM
Date: 7/1/2009 5:22:04 AM

Author: Phoenix

18.gif
30.gif

Also, I wanted to tell you again that I LOVE the stone in its current setting. I hope you don't change it, but of course it is you who'll have to love it.

I think I will keep in in the current setting for a while. I just want to get used to the diamond first before I start changing a bunch of things. The current setting is pleasant, but is high in my opinion and its extremely heavy! But I love the how the pear is sitting in a gold shield within the patinum setting... I might keep it who knows!

The current setting is so gorgeous!!! The whole ring is PERFECT. I wouldn't change a thing!!!
I also love your ruby ring!
30.gif
(I saw it on another thread and it's fabulous
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
)

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
It''s stunning! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 7:36:37 AM
Believe it or not, this ring comes from a famous 80''s Emmy winner show producer''s wife. They have been victims of the Bernie Madoff scheme. They liquidated a lot of their assets, and that pear ring was in there, lucky for me. When the seller received the ring, there were no GIA cert on the diamond, so they sent it to GIA to get it graded in December. I believe in the magic of numbers: I got married on 1/24/09, the stone was graded on 12/24/09 and I received the ring yesterday which was 6/24/09! The stars were aligned right I believe! Although I cannot help but to feel terrible for their misfortune in all actuality, so many time things have no turned out for me as well, I had to sell stuff to go make ends meet. I have dug in my ''diamond'' fund several times! This is a reminder at how things are always in a constant movement, just like the blink of an eye...

I would be more than happy to share the seller''s name, they are very honest in their auctions, they sell a lot of nice peices for decent prices. Some of them are awesome and then some aren''t so great, but they do not mask the problems, they always are open about them, they list several diamonds in the I1 range... I guess I was just lucky. The price I paid for this ring is ABSOLUTELY unbelievably CHEAP for what it is. You can go and venture on Paragonpieces on Ebay. They mostly sell Rolexes, tiffany stuff...

Thank you so much for the nice comments on the pictures and on my lemony friend I am getting a quote on the Baguette setting from my jeweler in a few days, we''ll see what comes of it!!!
I was going to say that your ring looks like it belongs to a movie star. I love yellow diamonds - yummy!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much... I will try to take pictures this weekend in the sun, if it decides to come out
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results