shape
carat
color
clarity

My 5.01ct GIA L VS1 Round Brilliant Diamond

badabling

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful stone...can't wait to see her set!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: What a gorgeous diamond :love: :love: :love: I can't wait to see hand shots of the finished ring!!! Huge congrats on this amazing acquisition :appl: :appl: :appl:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks! :)

I realized that, though the profile picture I posted on page 1 shows the color, the angle isn't accurate to show the cut. Here's another profile shot that shows the low crown angle.

diaprofile.jpg

And here's a face-up shot in the same lighting. It's a little less than perfectly focused. Sorry about that.

diaface.jpg

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I received notice yesterday that my ring setting has shipped! It's coming far, so it could take up to a week (I hope not). I saw a picture, but the resolution wasn't high enough to determine the quality of the tiny diamonds (they are supposed to be VS, and I sure hope they are). I love the design/execution of the ring, though! I *might* be clicking on the tracking link every couple of hours to see if it has gotten closer. :)

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
Tourmaline, How exciting!

Rika

Rough_Rock
Holy cow, Tourmaline, that's an amazing diamond! Your setting looks fantastic too, so I'm sure the finished product will be insane! Please post some pics when it arrives!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous!! :love: Can't wait to see the finished ring!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My ring setting arrived today and it's perfect! Exactly what I wanted. I am SO excited! I have an appointment to have it set on Sunday. Can't wait!!! I'll still have to wait until Christmas to wear it out in public, though (my husband wants this).

Here's a shot of the diamond sitting in the ring setting, unset. What looks like white inclusions on the white side is actually a reflection from the open prong next to/above it.

ring-unset.jpg

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tourmaline|1385174646|3561554 said:
What looks like white inclusions on the white side is actually a reflection from the open prong next to/above it.

Uh, I meant *right side (not white side).

Puppy4248

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on (at least getting to try on!) your beautiful ring, Tourmaline!!! It is unbelievably pretty, and THAT DIAMOND! :love: Not gonna lie, I've visited this thread more than a couple times haha... so, sO, SO SOOOOOO PRETTY. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Your stone makes quite a statement! It is beautiful. Enjoy.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Puppy4248|1385424641|3562853 said:
Congrats on (at least getting to try on!) your beautiful ring, Tourmaline!!! It is unbelievably pretty, and THAT DIAMOND! :love: Not gonna lie, I've visited this thread more than a couple times haha... so, sO, SO SOOOOOO PRETTY. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Thank you! The diamond has been set in the ring and it came out perfectly! I love it, and I have taken a zillion pictures, but they are all terrible! Still working on getting correct focus. But I am thrilled with the ring (!) and I will post good photos when I have them.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ok, I am happy with these photos! The prongs are thicker than I was imagining, but I am getting my head around that, because it will protect the girdle better than if the prongs were thinner. I counted the tiny diamonds in the setting (each one has 4 prongs to itself), and there are 72 tiny diamonds. I ADORE my ring!

finishedring1.jpg
finishedring2.jpg
finishedring3.jpg
finishedring4.jpg
finishedring5.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah! I have waited for the stone to be set!!! The ring is so beautiful on your hand! The gallery is so pretty with the tiny diamonds and so is the shank. And your center stone really pops in this ring. Enjoy your beautiful stone and ring.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you! My hands are so dry this time of year! I really, really love my ring, though. :) :) :)

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's big, bold and beautiful! Can you remind us again of your finger size for perspective? :sun:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
mom2boys|1385484123|3563231 said:
It's big, bold and beautiful! Can you remind us again of your finger size for perspective? :sun:

Thanks! The ring is a size 6.75, though it's a bit loose at the moment. I think I am going to get a vinyl insert to make it a bit more snug.

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
It is gorgeous. :love:
May I ask how you found the stone?
Which vendor?
I am on my quest and I am despairing on finding my wow stone.
Thanks

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Phanie|1385517186|3563551 said:
It is gorgeous. :love:
May I ask how you found the stone?
Which vendor?
I am on my quest and I am despairing on finding my wow stone.
Thanks

Hi, Phanie. A jeweler friend located it for us. It sure was challenging to find it!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just put in all the info from the GIA cert into the HCA calculator and it got a 1.6! I think that's good! Neat. :)

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Congratulations! Huge and gorgeous diamond, love the setting!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big and Beautiful! Congratulations.

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your stunning 5ct dazzler! I love the setting, it is perfect for your new diamond! That is a gorgeous ring! :appl:

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Usually MRBs this size look like doorknobs to me but yours looks perfectly proportionate and beautiful! The setting does the stone justice and who says lower colors look good just in old cuts? :lickout: Seeing all these beautiful Ls here I think I might go that range myself when choosing a stone next time...

What a stunner! :love: :love: Congratulations!

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
I just checked out the latest of the Great Color Discussion at RockyTalky and saw the awesome photos you've taken. Please post those here! You have such an amazing chameleon stone! :love:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
kalomeli|1387270520|3575958 said:
Wow! Usually MRBs this size look like doorknobs to me but yours looks perfectly proportionate and beautiful! The setting does the stone justice and who says lower colors look good just in old cuts? :lickout: Seeing all these beautiful Ls here I think I might go that range myself when choosing a stone next time...

What a stunner! :love: :love: Congratulations!

I just checked out the latest of the Great Color Discussion at RockyTalky and saw the awesome photos you've taken. Please post those here! You have such an amazing chameleon stone! :love:

Thanks! The chameleon aspect amazes me! Here's that collage. Unedited photos. Top left taken in a room with blue walls, top right - pink walls, bottom left - yellow walls, bottom middle - ivory walls, bottom right - outside while snowing.

chameleon-diamond.jpg

And here's another picture I took recently. By the way, I have had the prongs thinned a bit since earlier posts, and I like the ring so much better now! :)

diamond-on-labradorite.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw the new setting over in a side box and wanted to stop in to say how beautiful it looks in it's new home!!! :love:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
diamondseeker2006|1387291153|3576054 said:
Just saw the new setting over in a side box and wanted to stop in to say how beautiful it looks in it's new home!!! :love:

Thanks! And thanks to everyone else who commented, too! <3

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Oh. Just WOW. What a beauty!

Also, I like the slightly bigger prongs. They make it seem like a rock of that size just COMMANDS the extra support- like a king being carried around by his servants. :D

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FABULOUS!!!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results