shape
carat
color
clarity

my 3 carat GIA Triple Ex F VS2 stone and earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Wow.
23.gif

Amazing set!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
big and beautiful!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i didn''t even see the ring!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
i love simple solitare settings on a huge rock.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please tell me you are not sending that diamond back! What could be more perfect?! I can''t imagine a stone larger than that on a size 4 finger, and F VS2??? Wow! That is a terrific combination!!!
36.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I just fell over...wow
30.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG beautiful ring and earrings. Love them.

Linda

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow LienTN, your ring is ridiculously beautiful. And those earrings look like something you''d see on the red carpet at a movie premiere-they''re dazzling! Are you *sure* you''re not a tai tai (probably spelling/getting that wrong!)?!
28.gif

Truly stunning, both of them. And I have to say that the simple setting looks perfect-that big, beautiful diamond really takes center stage! Not that I''d mind seeing it in a pave setting, either!
3.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
You can''t return that diamond?! It is just a great size, color and clarity. Wow.....I want one.....
36.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many thanks, Skippy, MrsS, Kohdy, Firegoddess, Harriet, Kcoursolle, Anchor.
1.gif
. You''re all too kind.

MrsS, I am going to start another post on the re-setting. I do so need all the help from fellow PS''ers. I am hopeless... just cannot decide....
6.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess you don''t need to see my ring now.
2.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, DJ, DMB, NYCSparkle, DS, RisingSun, Linda, Carebear, thing2of2, Gothgrrl.

thing2of2, yes, those earrings are amazingly blingy!! I can only wear them for special events. And your spelling is perfect!
1.gif
. I wish I was a tai tai!
3.gif
. I still have to earn my keep
8.gif

Carebear, the setting is just a very simple setting which was done for me by a local jewellery store. It is only meant to be temporary. I don''t know if you can see from the pics, but the prongs have kind of worn off already and have started to look yellow (meant to be WG). It is a little too thin and too fragile too. Thanks for your compliment, though I personally don''t think the setting is worthy of the stone. I guess it''s hard to see it in the pics, IRL it does not look so good.
8.gif

DS and Gothgrrl, I am really tempted to return it and upgrade to a larger stone. It probably won''t happen for another few years anyway. I do so enjoy wearing this one for the time being, but I am a bit diamond mad
11.gif
3.gif
2.gif
. I''ve tried on a few 4-5 caraters and each time, they took my breath away. Hopefully, fellow PS''ers can understand this (??).
1.gif

Anyway, more photos coming. The ones I''ve sent to Irina (which I took myself) are not so good - you can''t really see the sharp arrows and the amazing sparkle that this baby gives out. I am going to ask DH to try and take some more for me, hopefully they be a bit better.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, Harriet, on the contrary, I am dying to see your beautiful ACA!!!
36.gif

Mine, although is supposed to be GIA triple Ex, is cut a little bit deep (depth of I think 62.3 - I can't remember exactly, the cert is in the safety deposit box at the bank). This is one of the reasons why Iv'e wanted to return the stone. But is sooooo hard to find that "perfect" one...(kind of like finding the perfect soul-mate, which I am glad to say I have
1.gif
).

My stone is amazingly sparkling, despite that depth, but I can't help but think that ACA's have got to be much more superior.

Anyway, I've really been looking forward to meeting you. The ACA will just be the icing on the cake!
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is this the HK stone? I''ll be back from the 17th to 28th of August. Btw, come help me with the jackets.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it is, Harriet. I should be around at that time.

Going over there right now....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2007 8:37:17 AM
Author: lienTN
No, Harriet, on the contrary, I am dying to see your beautiful ACA!!!
36.gif

Mine, although is supposed to be GIA triple Ex, is cut a little bit deep (depth of I think 62.3 - I can''t remember exactly, the cert is in the safety deposit box at the bank). This is one of the reasons why Iv''e wanted to return the stone. But is sooooo hard to find that ''perfect'' one...(kind of like finding the perfect soul-mate, which I am glad to say I have
1.gif
).

My stone is amazingly sparkling, despite that depth, but I can''t help but think that ACA''s have got to be much more superior.

Anyway, I''ve really been looking forward to meeting you. The ACA will just be the icing on the cake!
1.gif
This diamond is ideal cut, right? Then it is not too deep. I am thinking ideal cut can be 62.3% in depth, and that is not deep. It is ideal. It makes me a little crazy when I see people refer to that measurement as deep, because how can it be too deep if it is ideal???? It is in the perfect range. I think you got a fabulous stone! Appreciate it and don''t feel that it is inadequate because it is a great stone and certainly not inferior to an ACA.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, thank you for your kind and reassuring words. I am not sure if it's "ideal" cut. I heard from/ read somewhere (not sure where) that it is a little too deep. I'll tell this you though, it sparkles like there is no tomorrow. I find myself mesmerised by it constantly
36.gif
. I've compared it to Lazarre (not sure of spelling??), HOF and Destinee and it certainly does not look inferior, at least not to my eyes. Still would love to see an ACA in person. The pics of the ACAs on this forum just make me droooolllll.....
1.gif

3hearts

Shiny_Rock
3.gif
more pics, more pics, please
36.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
First, really pretty earrings. I must admit, they are not really my style, but I would snatch them in a heart beat :) VERY BLINGY!

AND FOR THAT ROCK..................NO WORDS CAN SPEAK OF THAT BEAUTY!.....
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely pieces!! Wear them in health.

cheers--Sharon

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Your stone is exquisite but my heart belongs to those earrings......they are truly spectacular!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Lien, that''s gorgeous. And HUGE!!! It looks very nice on your finger.
1.gif

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know how I missed this! WOWWEEEE!!!! I love those gorgeous, blingy earrings & that HUGE colorless rock!!! You''ve definitely got some good taste! Enjoy them!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Stunning! Nice that you''ve decided to stick with it for a while.
21.gif

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is HUGE and sparkles like crazy. I hope you find a new setting for your ring soon, can''t wait to see your stone in a killer setting.

I love your earrings too.

kathleen

Rough_Rock
Oh my goodness, it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! Have you posted the specs on it? I couldn''t find them anywhere. And which vendor did you purchase it from? I''d be first in line to buy it if you returned it!!
emsmile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results