shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My 3.10 carat Whiteflash ACA!

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My rings are here!!!! Thank you SO much to everyone who offered advice and guidance during this exciting time... I am thrilled to unveil my new Whiteflash Tiffany inspired solitaire and eternity band!!! You can follow my search here - https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-vs-vatche-u113-vs-tiffany-co-classic.236719/ and here - https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-i-colored-diamonds.237041/ Below are the details on my new diamond:

Category A CUT ABOVE® Hearts and Arrows
Shape Round
Carat 3.106
Color I
Clarity SI1 (eye clean)
Measurements 9.40x9.44x5.75 mm
Fluorescence Negligible

I chose a custom version of the Whiteflash classic knife edge solitaire in Platinum 950/Ruthenium. I asked for a soft knife edge and the stone set at medium height. The prongs were inspired by msop04 and a vintage Tiffany ring I found online. I wanted the band to be a bit wider to accommodate the size of the diamond, and I wanted it to widen towards the diamond.

My eternity ring is custom and an exact copy of vespergirl's... https://www.pricescope.com/communit...hared-prong-eternity-its-finally-here-loads-o f-pics.117411/ It is 1.68 carats with 8 point diamonds set as low as possible. I read all about the perils of eternity bands "eating" solitaire prongs, but I did not want to wear a spacer... Therefore, it was very important to me that the eternity band did not touch the prongs of my solitaire. Eight points was the largest I could go for this to work, but honestly, I would not want it any bigger! I also wanted the rings to fit together as flush as possible.

I also selected a plain 2mm half round eternity band to wear on days I might not wish to wear the diamond band.

Whiteflash was absolutely amazing to work with!!! I cannot more highly recommend them! We were so nervous about making such a large purchase sight unseen, but their hand holding along with the support received here at PriceScope made all the difference! I was concerned about the I color showing a yellow tint, but I can not see any at all, even from the side! It is sparkling white!! There are so many other I ACAs here on PS, and they all say the same thing. :) I also worried about the SI1 but Whiteflash is meticulous about their "eye clean" policy, and this diamond is perfect. I cannot even see anything using a 10x loop!

Here are pictures!!!
(Solitaire size 5, eternity band 5.5 to allow for growth)

IMG_1006.jpg
IMG_1006 copy.jpg
IMG_1005.jpg
IMG_1004.jpg
IMG_1003.jpg
IMG_1002.jpg
IMG_0999.jpg
IMG_0995.jpg
IMG_1014.jpg

Now here is the only little problem... both rings are too loose on my finger! I am wishing I had gone with a size 5 instead of 5.5 for the eternity band, and the solitaire needs to be taken in at least a quarter size. It feels more like a 5.5 than a 5. :( I thought I would just take it to my local jewelry store, as I really don't want to be shipping this ring back and forth. Hopefully once it is adjusted, it will keep the eternity in place. Thoughts?

Thank you again to the entire team at Whiteflash who truly outdid themselves!!! And a huge thank you to my fellow diamond lovers here at Pricescope!!!! I am over the moon!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0997.jpg
    IMG_0997.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 124

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to your beautiful set! It has a great proportion between the solitaire and the eternity.

I’m in the same situation than you regarding sizing of my new eternity. I have ordered 5.25, although I have size 5. I wanted to have it a bit loose, that I can stack it. Guess what, it is still too big, and I always have to wear with a more tighter ring together.

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
:love: Amazing!! LOVE the 2 rings together ~ perfection. Enjoy!!

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to your beautiful set! It has a great proportion between the solitaire and the eternity.

I’m in the same situation than you regarding sizing of my new eternity. I have ordered 5.25, although I have size 5. I wanted to have it a bit loose, that I can stack it. Guess what, it is still too big, and I always have to wear with a more tighter ring together.

Thank you so much!!! I am hoping once I get my solitaire resized that the rings won't flop around so much... the plain eternity band I ordered is a size 5 and fits much more snugly... When I put it above the eternity band, it seems to keep it in place.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, beautiful set.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::appl::love:Beautiful stone, beautiful settings!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and timeless! Love it!:love::love::love:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Drop dead gorgeous :love:

P

PierreBear

Classic look and congratulations on going straight to an ACA, which many ladies dream of! Regarding your sizing, could you wear it for a bit longer particularly to see how it will fit when the weather gets warm? I like to wear my rings loose so I could probably go 0.5 or 0.25 size smaller to truly be the right size. When I push my ring up the way you are demonstrating, I have that much "give" as well but it's not like if I forcefully shake my hands that the ring would mistakenly just fly off due to the knuckle being larger. You might find that it fits "perfectly" during the summer time. Just a thought but in the meantime, enjoy your beauty!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How spectacular!

sln

Rough_Rock
That is STUNNING, your band is now on my wishlist.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
W:love:W!!! LOVE! :love: Bright and beautiful and perfect.:appl:

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Perfection! :love: Your diamond looks huge!

My wedding band is also very much inspired by @vespergirl. I am eagerly waiting to get mine.

ajunes16

Rough_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! Beautiful and amazing set!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful set! Congrats! Love it!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dream wedding set right there! I think I just dribbled......

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@CharlotteYork your wedding set looks absolutely stunning! :love: The 3ct+ ACA is pure perfection and the eternity wedding band is amazingly beautiful! I am so happy that your journey has such a happy ending! Enjoy your breathing sparkles! :love:

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's perfect, and I can only imagine how much amazing it looks IRL. The camera really can't capture the beauty of an ACA! I love the set, I hope the sizing issue is easily sorted out.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow! you now own a huge, gigantic ball of fiery, light! your rings look perfect..
congratulations!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings, I’ll bet the sparkles from these beauties are mesmerizing. Enjoy wearing those magnificent rings, I’m so happy that WF helped resolve the sizing issues for you too,

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to suggest sizing beads but I'm glad WF is already on it!

Your set is just classically beautiful. I am not usually a fan of solitaires, but your set has something special about it. (Well, it might be that TDF 3+ carat ACA!!!!)

Congratulations!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply gorgeous! Congratulations on your new rings - they look fabulous on you!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are absolutely gorgeous!:love:

Do you live where the weather is cold? Because I would never recommend sizing rings to fit in the winter. As others have said, rings are going to be loose in cold weather and hopefully fit perfectly in the summer. So if 5.25 fits well in the summer (not tight at all), then I'd highly recommend sizing to 5.25. I cannot stand rings that are tight, and I'd want them to fit right in the summer. In the winter, you can use a ring noodle or snuggie (Amazon) to make the e-ring fit more snugly if it bothers you. You definitely don't want to be sizing your rings back and forth every season. My rings are loose right now, but not so much as to slip off my finger.

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, just wow :love: !! Your rings are beautiful, and that ACA!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PERFECT. Forever. :mrgreen2:

KirstLWA

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It’s absolute perfection!

Congratulations!!!

princessk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS!!! the simplicity of a solitaire and eternity band are hard to beat Truly stunning ENJOY !

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely divine! :love::appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results