shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My 2.82 warm OEC in rose gold 8-prong setting!

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
I'm so excited to share the latest addition to my jewelry collection. The stone is an absolutely gorgeous 2.82ct OEC purchased from JbEG. The color—O/P according to GIA—is so, so beautiful! Depending on the lighting, it ranges from a rich, creamy white to a pale yellow. It performs beautifully in even the most dead lighting conditions, with gorgeous contrast and bold flashes of color. I adore the faceting pattern.

The stone was purchased loose, and I knew I wanted to set it in rose gold to complement its warmth. Browsing eBay one day, I happened to come across a very pretty 8-prong rose gold setting with an awful synthetic in it. Although I didn't have the actual measurements of the CZ, the proportions looked about right so I took a chance and bought the setting, because it was a great price in any case, and if the diamond didn't fit I planned to use it for a colored stone down the line.

Wanting to work with a local jeweler that was sensitive to antique jewelry, I took my OEC and the setting to Adam at Old World Diamonds. He was certain his bench could set my stone, so I left it with him. During that visit, he also showed me a few of his larger antique stones... wow, does he have a great eye and some gorgeous baubles in his collection!

The following day, Adam emailed to tell me that all eight prongs would need work in order to safely set my stone, which understandably was an expensive repair and given the antique alloy, might not match perfectly. As an alternative, he offered to have his bench replicate the setting for a very reasonable price. I accepted the second option and two weeks later picked up this beauty! During that visit to his office (my fiancé joined me this time) Adam very graciously pulled out some more stones for us to ogle even though he knew we weren't buying. He also honored his original quote although the materials ended up costing more than expected. He was a delight to work with, very generous with his time, and even sent me home with a sample of his specially formulated jewelry cleaner. Overall an excellent experience, and I hope to work with him again soon!

Enough rambling, on to the pics!

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
First, the stone loose:

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
And the gorgeous setting. For such a large stone, it is incredibly wearable and comfortable! Ring size 5 for reference.

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
...aaaaand the requisite hand shots!

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1270.jpg

GreyCat

Rough_Rock
Your OEC is absolutely beautiful. I love the simplicity of the setting, and it looks lovely on your hand! :appl:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THIS is NOT helping my obession.... OMG it's beautiful!!!! :love: :love: :love: Congratulations!!!! I love it!!! =)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, rose gold was a great choice! Stunning diamond, too! :love: :appl:

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
I love the clean lines of the setting and the rose gold is divine with your gorgeous stone. :love: :love: :love: Well done!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
STUNNING!!! Your stone is beautiful and the rose gold compliments it perfectly. I love 8-prong settings and yours is no exception :love: :love: :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Love love love the stone, and the setting complements it perfectly! Looks amazing on you! :love: :love: :love:

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
Fabulous! :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ohhh well done! LOVE that belcher style setting--revival at it's best!

cheers--Sharon

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is really lovely! The setting really lets the stone take center court.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Oh, W :love: W! This does not help my love of the kozibe effect at all! The rose gold is perfect. Love it!!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Your diamond and setting are perfection!!!! I absolutely loooooooove them!

Sparkle524

Shiny_Rock
very pretty indeed!

omc111

Rough_Rock
That is one stunning ring!!

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
Stunning! I have a 2.20 N/O color OEC from JBEG with an incredible make. Do you mind telling how much this setting cost you?

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, your ring looks quite lovely on your hand!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the stone and the rose gold of the setting truly compliments it... The ring looks amazing and huge on your slim hand...Huge congrats on a great new piece :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous!!! I love the rose gold and the belcher style setting! It's yummy!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolute perfection!!! :appl:

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
love the setting, love the stone :love:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning! I love the color of that stone, it's so rich and warm!

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
The rose gold does a great job of bringing out the color of the stone. They're lovely together. Enjoy wearing it :)

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Your stone is gorgeous!!!! :love: :love: Love all that finger coverage and rose gold is TDF!

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
Wow the stone looks HUGE!!!!! :love:

The rose gold setting is lovely and you were right, totally sets off the color of the stone, in a good way. Great choice. I want a piece in rose gold someday!!!

starrynight

Shiny_Rock
wow what an amazing stone & ring!

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
GreyCat and Mayk: thanks!

diamondseeker, Farleysmom and stargurl: Thank you! I'm a huge fan of rose gold--it's so flattering to the diamond and to my skin!

junebug, Lotus: thanks for the kind words!

canuk-gal and yennyfire: I hadn't thought to call it belcher style, but indeed it is! I love that it's sleek but still maintains that antique look.

tyty, rubybeth, armywife, Sparkle, and omc111: thank you!

InnaR: Adam asked that I not share the price, but he's wonderful to work with and I'm sure he'd be happy to provide you with a quote for a similar setting. The quality is excellent, and the prongs are very delicate.

fridays_child and natyLad: thanks! I'm still getting used to the size of it—all 9mm! Great finger coverage!

thing2, farmer gal, and Christina: Thank you all! I'm very happy with it.

Tuckins and DearBuddha: thanks! the color of the stone is mesmerizing... it gives such depth and richness. :love:

mimi: thank you! I highly recommend rose gold, it's very pretty and very flattering in person!

Apologies if I missed anyone. I appreciate all the kind comments!

A few more images for your viewing pleasure... :twirl:

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results