shape
carat
color
clarity

my 10-prong antique setting engagement ring

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful!

(SurfGirl, pique is the equivalent of I clarity, I believe)

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I have never seen such a beautiful setting. I love the size and the rose gold is to die for. More pics when you have time.

ajl

Shiny_Rock
Simply stunning!
30.gif
30.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful setting! Love the rose gold, and it looks stunning on your hand!
30.gif
30.gif

Congrats on your engagement
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
WOW I just want to add congrats on your proposal and what a beautiful ring so unique :)

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
SO beautiful!

Are you wearing it on your right hand instead of left? Just curious from the pic!

Congrats!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s a beutiful ring..congrats on your engagement.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, I''ve never seen a 10 prong setting before and one that''s in rose gold. It''s FANTASTIC and I absolutely love it. Congratulations on proposing and welcome to PS.
36.gif
36.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
hi surfgirl. diamondseeker2006 is correct. this is what I found on http://24carat.co.uk/diamondsclarityframe.html

Diamonds which fall into the Piqué bracket have inclusions which are visible to the naked eye. The word Piqué is French, and means "pricked".
In P1 stones the inclusions should be difficult to see, or very minor.
P2 stones would have inclusions which were more easily seen. P3 stones would have very easily visible inclusion.
unquote

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
hi waterlilly. yes, I wear my engagement ring on my right hand. we don''t have a tradition when it comes to engagement rings as they are quite a new thing in Holland. usually you "only" get a wedding band which you pick out together. in Holland, if you marry in the church, your wedding ring goes on your left hand. if not, then on the right. as I am not religious and I plan on wearing my wedding band on the same finger as my engagement ring, I wear it on the right hand. hope that make sense.

my fiance is from South Africa where the tradition is similar to the States and he will choose to wear his wedding band on his left hand. I tell people that when we hold hands (my right and his left) our wedding band will be together. I am good at coming up with sappy stuff.

and it''s also not tradition in Holland that the bride''s parents pay for the wedding, so we are busy saving up.
23.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2008 2:37:06 PM
Author: noelwr
hi surfgirl. diamondseeker2006 is correct. this is what I found on http://24carat.co.uk/diamondsclarityframe.html

Diamonds which fall into the Piqué bracket have inclusions which are visible to the naked eye. The word Piqué is French, and means ''pricked''.

In P1 stones the inclusions should be difficult to see, or very minor.

P2 stones would have inclusions which were more easily seen. P3 stones would have very easily visible inclusion.

unquote
Thanks for this information..I''ve never heard of P stones before. So is this after I1/I2, then comes P1,P2?

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
no, from my understanding they are I1, I2, etc. guess we call things differently in Europe. also don''t know if everyone understood that by rosé gold I did not mean pink/red gold. it is actually between yellow and red gold. kind of like wine between white and red we call rosé (I think known in the US as white zinfandel).

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2008 4:11:57 PM
Author: noelwr
no, from my understanding they are I1, I2, etc. guess we call things differently in Europe. also don''t know if everyone understood that by rosé gold I did not mean pink/red gold. it is actually between yellow and red gold. kind of like wine between white and red we call rosé (I think known in the US as white zinfandel).
Here is a chart. Link "The Gemstones Handbook" by Arthur Thomas has a chart which indicates that Pique One overlaps with SI2.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This? Is my new favorite PS setting. It''s magnificent! Congratulations on your engagement, and kudos for proposing!

nutmeg

Rough_Rock
Very, very romantic. Congratulations!

Thanks for the link to the store, too. I'll keep them in mind next time I'm in the area! Do you have any other favorite jewelry stores in the Netherlands?

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! That is gorgeous, I have never seen 10 prongs before, but I likeee!!! Congrats!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Wow what an original and gorgeous ring! I adore the rose gold and understand exactly what you mean by "inbetween rose and yellow" - more like a warm dark yellow than a pink - I am currently waiting for a RG ring and hope it turns out just like your colour!
I love the way the head looks like a crown, very nice.
In Australia we also called I1, I2 etc as P1 P2 and yes my understanding is that they are different labels for the same thing . Although, because I was so used to looking at diamonds over the net in the US, when someone described Piqued clarity to me here I didn''t realize what they meant at first!
5.gif

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a gorgeous ring! Congratulations!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
I really think it is beautiful. It sits low which is nice. It's beautiful in the rose metal. Best wishes...

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just shows that everything old is new again! It has the best of both worlds with the antique style rose gold setting and that gorgeous OEC! You must be thrilled! I think that is great that YOU proposed to him!!!
36.gif
31.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Actually, just a few stores down from where I bought this ring is another lovely jeweler called Schaap & Citroen: http://www.schaapcitroen.nl/ They also have stores in other Dutch cities.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Noelwr: gorgeous stone/setting!
36.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
and just because I''m vain and I liked the thread about about the "fire", herewith my own fire:

noelfire2.JPG

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
pyromaniac

noelfire.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful; enjoy
9.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in love with your ring! It''s so beautiful and that rose gold is glowy and warm like a sunrise.
30.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on the engagement! Yours is one of the most unique and stunning rings I''ve ever seen, it is just beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results