shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My 1.22 ct M color diamond set in a halo! Many pics!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous in that setting Naty :love: It has the same warmth and velvety look that I remember SaraP's old M used to have - halos are such beautiful choices to show off the colour in a lower-coloured stone!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I love it! :love: :love: :love:

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Your ring looks awesome!!!!!! Congrats on another gorgeous piece!!!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
natyLad said:
susimoo said:
Hi Naty :wavey:

Your new ring is beautiful! I am just falling in L :love: VE with the warmer colours!

I cannot believe that an M could look like that, in a white metal, with white diamonds in a halo. It is fabulous.

Anyway, back to the nitty gritty. Girl, you've got too many rings now! I think I should help you wear them. We ARE the same finger size after all!!! :Up_to_something: :naughty: :lol:

Susimoo, as i said on my pink tourmaline ring thread, i can't say no to you :D So i'll share my rings with you...if you share your beautiful rings with me too :Up_to_something: :naughty: :halo:

hehehehehehe
(ok then :bigsmile: )

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is stunning and looks great on your hand. Love the color of the center stone in the white gold/white diamond halo. Congrats.

stci

Ideal_Rock
First... your ring is really beautiful!

Second... I have a problem with dimension.

You said that your halo is .22 total ct? Are you sure Sweety?

If the total is .22, this mean that the diamond in the halo and setting are ~ .01 each no? They look like minimum .05 to my eyes if I compare with 1.22 ct diamond center. The halo is very substantial.

Correct me if I don't understand...

One more time, this ring is to die for! :love:

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
naty, that ring is gorgeous! and i love the M color. yummy!!!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I won't lie...my first thought was..."M"? uh oh! But your ring is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I really REALLY love the grey tone it has to it, so unique and pretty.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Also, I agree with everyone...I used to be a color snob too but the warmer tones are majorly growing on me too. There is something so....whats the word I'm looking for? Can't think of it. But anyways, I have a new appreciation for the warmer toned diamonds.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
So how does this share/swap scheme work?

You send all yours to me then ........ :Up_to_something: :twisted: :devil:

(I keep them hehehehehe :devil: )

Only kidding! Anyway probably the most valuable lesson I have learned from PS, besides cut, is that every colour has beauty. It doesn't have to be colourless or near colourless to be a stunner. As this beauty proves!

Wear it in great health and happiness my PS pal!!! :wavey:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful Naty, congratulations! How sweet of your dad to gift you with that lovely stone!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Add me to the list of PSers loving lower colors! Your ring turned out gorgeous!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alright...so this is the third time that i'm writting this...The previous two times my posts just vanished :angryfire:
So first of all, i'd like to thank everybody who has made such wonderful comments on my new ring ::)

Stci: Thank you so much for pointing this out to me. Indeed you were right! The tcw of the diamonds on the mounting isn't .22ct but 1.22ct :bigsmile: You got that right girl! And may i say that this is sooo weird, coz the main stone is a 1.22ct and then the other diamonds are a total carat weight of 1.22ct, so that's a bizarre coincidence!!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
susimoo said:
So how does this share/swap scheme work?

You send all yours to me then ........ :Up_to_something: :twisted: :devil:

(I keep them hehehehehe :devil: )

Only kidding! Anyway probably the most valuable lesson I have learned from PS, besides cut, is that every colour has beauty. It doesn't have to be colourless or near colourless to be a stunner. As this beauty proves!

Wear it in great health and happiness my PS pal!!! :wavey:

You are a funny and sweet person susimoo :wavey:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
:praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise:
:wavey:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alright, i couldn't resist two last pictures :saint:

rsz_1new_m_halo_pics_008.jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:razz:

night halo pic.jpg

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Love them all but the last one is utter perfection! :o

Beautiful!! :love:

:wavey:

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
well hello there!! what a stunning stone and gorgeous ring!!

as an owner of an M myself - I have often wondered about haloing an M and how it could best be done

(ie: what colour to surround the stone?? what metal to use??)

not that I would ever change my JM - but a girl needs a rhr right??

and I adore the colour flashes I see in my M and the higher colours don't seem to rock my world so much - I really never got what the fuss over diamonds was all about until I discovered the warmer hues

:bigsmile:

your ring is so beautiful... well done - a true heirloom piece!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
heliotrope said:
well hello there!! what a stunning stone and gorgeous ring!!

as an owner of an M myself - I have often wondered about haloing an M and how it could best be done

(ie: what colour to surround the stone?? what metal to use??)

not that I would ever change my JM - but a girl needs a rhr right??

and I adore the colour flashes I see in my M and the higher colours don't seem to rock my world so much - I really never got what the fuss over diamonds was all about until I discovered the warmer hues

:bigsmile:

your ring is so beautiful... well done - a true heirloom piece!!

Heliotrope, let me share with you and the other people here my thoughts and feelings about my new M ring. First of all, the diamond is extremely interesting to wear and look at because...there's never a moment of boredom!!! Every time i look at it, it's slightly different and according to the environment it changes colors from creamy white to grey, to steely grey, to yellowish...etc... Second, it reflects the light beautifully and it has an amazing sparkle and that, in combination with the color, makes my ring look like a big, colorful, sparkly beauty :D So i own an E color engagement ring, which is a truly an amazing stone, coz apart of its crispy white color it's also a GIA certified triple ex cut, H&Α, VVS2 clarity, set in a beautiful custom made setting. Well...let me tell you that my M diamond ring has received more compliments than my ER and that there are people who are actually stopping me and asking to look at it :-o :praise: It has also impressed my family and friends...When they saw it they couldn't believe their eyes...My father is also very happy with the ring and he said that he wished he had given me the stone earlier :D But may i say one last thing: I've noticed that contrary to my E diamond, this diamond can't be photographed well. The pictures are "killing" the beauty of the diamond...Not 50% of the sparkle and beauty of the stone shows in those pics that i've taken. And i had the same problem with my pink tourmaline...Maybe i should get a new camera!!! :bigsmile:

coco3

Rough_Rock
Naty, wow if these photos aren't doing the ring justice, it must be amazing in person!!

Can we get some photos of this ring alongside your e-ring and/or pink tourmaline? I think the comparison would be very interesting!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coco these pics are for you ;))

rsz_1rsz_1threerings778_013.jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No 1: .90ct, VVS2, E, 3 ex, H&A
No 2: 1.22ct, SI1, M, VG
No 3: .82ct, VVS, pink tourmaline

rsz_threerings778_014.jpg

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty. I'd wear it.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Sparklenut, Gemgirl, Decogirl, Dawnabee, Coco3, Aprilbaby, MissyDebby, Farleysmom, Taylorbug, Prtree, Jewellk, Septsparkle, Jasonsmom, Maikeru, Amethyste, thank you so much for all the kind comments and the compliments on my new ring :wavey:

Taylorbug: My ring size is 4.75 :))

Jewellk: The diamonds on the halo don't go up to the part of it that "hugs" the stone. I'll post a picture later so that you can get a clear idea.

Portree: Indeed my jeweler is an exceptional man. Not only does he do an exquisite job, but he's also very patient with his very demanding clients and actually he told me that it pleases him to see every now and then a customer who really knows what he's talking about and has a clear opinion on what he wants. He said that in general people lack basic knowledge on diamonds and other precious stones and don't know exactly what they want...they just have a vague idea of what they'd wish for and contrary to what most people might believe, this makes his job (and his life :D ) difficult...He said that he enjoys working with people who have a good knowledge on those things. Now i don't claim that i am an expert, but ever since i joined pricescope i've learned a great deal about diamonds and precious gemstones and i know exactly what i want. Indeed, if it wasn't for PS i would have never bothered giving a second look on an SI1 - M diamond (because i would be prejudiced) and i wouldn't dare set a stone on a halo setting (i know, it sounds ridiculous :bigsmile: ). A big thanks to the PS community...
This is going to sound corny, the jeweler you worked with was a complete rare jewel. The ring is lovely and you are going to love wearing it. Infact every time you look back on this journey you are going to be so pleased.

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
Great story!! And it looks great. What a wonderful jeweler!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! I never expected my humble ring to be feautured on Throwback Thursday!!! What a great surprise it was to sign in and see this!! Big thanks to PS for this gesture and to all my dear friends here, who have taught me so much about diamonds and made me appreciate them and enjoy them so much!
I would like to add that my dear jeweler, who created this beautiful ring, is working with me on a new project as we speak! I will post photos as soon as i get the new bling!!!
Thank you all again!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results