shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My 1.22 ct M color diamond set in a halo! Many pics!!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many years ago my dad bought a diamond as a gift for my mom, but eventually he got her a sapphire set and the diamond remained in its box!! This diamond didn't come with a lab report but it was sold to him as a 1.24ct, I, VS2. Dad got it from a jeweller who was a friend of his ( :roll: big alert) and he paid much less than the supposed value of such a stone. Well, my father gave me the stone some time ago and said that i could use it for a project of my own :Up_to_something: So the first thing that i did was to take it to an independent appraiser. Ha! Big surprise...The diamond is in reality a 1.22ct, SI1 (totally eye clean though ::) ) and....(drumroll!!!)...M color :errrr: :-o :rolleyes:
The appraiser said that the specific stone has a tint that is more "greyish" than "yellowish".
After the first shock ( 8) ) i went to my jeweller and asked him to set the diamond in a halo setting. I always wanted a diamond set in a white gold halo with pink sapphires, but lately i had a pink tourmaline set in a halo setting and i decided that it was enough of a pink...experience for me!!! So i thought that it would be nice to set the stone in yellow gold due to the diamond's color. My jeweller made a setting in yellow gold and asked me to come over and check it out...Big disappointment :knockout: the stone looked dark and in general...bad in it :errrr: I honesty can't explain why!! Afterwards he made a white gold setting with yellow sapphires on the halo and the shank. Again the diamond didn't look good in that setting...So finally we tried the simple white gold-white diamond halo setting and...that was it! Finally, i liked what i saw!
So again the specs on the ring are: A 1.22ct, M color, SI1, very good cut diamond, set on 18ct white gold halo setting with .22 tct VS clarity diamonds, E-F in color and ex cut :))
I'm grateful to my jeweller because he made three different rings until we found what i really wanted and he only charged me for the mounting that i finally bought! Here come the pictures...

Diamond halo M 006.JPG

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A last detail: Because my ER is set a little high, i asked the jeweller to set this diamond very low! I've got to take a pic from the side, so that you guys can see how beautifully low the stone is set! Thanks for looking :wavey:

m diamond in halo 003.JPG

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
It's to die for! And it totally is perfect with the white diamonds! ;))

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
naty, you have such slender gorgeous hands, and your new ring looks absolutely lovely.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, your jeweler sounds awesome! and your ring is too! Gorgeous, and very nice coverage.

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
OOOhhhh look at the warmth coming out of that beauty!!! TDF... love your hands and polish as well hehe :love:

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!! :love: What size ring do you wear....you have very pretty hands.

coco3

Rough_Rock
I think this ring is absolutely stunning and I think the champagne color of the stone makes it look antiqued and vintage and fabulous!!! Can't wait to see more shots!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VERY pretty!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful and fun story, too!

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful! It's it strange that I'm almost more happy for you that it's an M over an I? I am starting to really appreciate the warmer colors.

jewellk

Rough_Rock
Very pretty!! I love the contrast of the M with the whites! Are there melee diamonds around the bezel as well or is that the reflection of the melee from the halo?

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I love it - it's perfect. Isn't it amazing how nice the lower color diamonds look in white metals? And your jeweler sounds like a great guy.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! I absolutely love your choice of setting. The halo and white diamonds really showcase the beautiful warmth of the center stone. I love, love, love the warmer coloured stones and I have to say, your ring is one of my favourites. :lickout: :mrgreen:

Please post more pictures in different lighting environments.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I'm going to echo the same sentiments. Warmer colors are really growing on me, and I used to be a color snob! This is a great ring to pass down to your kids one day...from grandpa, to mom etc etc. Veeerrry Nice!

mariel

Shiny_Rock
It's GORGEOUS and looks fabulously HUGE on your tiny fingers! I love it :love: :love:

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
wowza!!! It is superb!!! I love thee!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparklenut, Gemgirl, Decogirl, Dawnabee, Coco3, Aprilbaby, MissyDebby, Farleysmom, Taylorbug, Prtree, Jewellk, Septsparkle, Jasonsmom, Maikeru, Amethyste, thank you so much for all the kind comments and the compliments on my new ring :wavey:

Taylorbug: My ring size is 4.75 :))

Jewellk: The diamonds on the halo don't go up to the part of it that "hugs" the stone. I'll post a picture later so that you can get a clear idea.

Portree: Indeed my jeweler is an exceptional man. Not only does he do an exquisite job, but he's also very patient with his very demanding clients and actually he told me that it pleases him to see every now and then a customer who really knows what he's talking about and has a clear opinion on what he wants. He said that in general people lack basic knowledge on diamonds and other precious stones and don't know exactly what they want...they just have a vague idea of what they'd wish for and contrary to what most people might believe, this makes his job (and his life :D ) difficult...He said that he enjoys working with people who have a good knowledge on those things. Now i don't claim that i am an expert, but ever since i joined pricescope i've learned a great deal about diamonds and precious gemstones and i know exactly what i want. Indeed, if it wasn't for PS i would have never bothered giving a second look on an SI1 - M diamond (because i would be prejudiced) and i wouldn't dare set a stone on a halo setting (i know, it sounds ridiculous :bigsmile: ). A big thanks to the PS community...

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Naty :wavey:

Your new ring is beautiful! I am just falling in L :love: VE with the warmer colours!

I cannot believe that an M could look like that, in a white metal, with white diamonds in a halo. It is fabulous.

Anyway, back to the nitty gritty. Girl, you've got too many rings now! I think I should help you wear them. We ARE the same finger size after all!!! :Up_to_something: :naughty: :lol:

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!! :bigsmile:

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Pretty. Great way to use a family stone.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
susimoo said:
Hi Naty :wavey:

Your new ring is beautiful! I am just falling in L :love: VE with the warmer colours!

I cannot believe that an M could look like that, in a white metal, with white diamonds in a halo. It is fabulous.

Anyway, back to the nitty gritty. Girl, you've got too many rings now! I think I should help you wear them. We ARE the same finger size after all!!! :Up_to_something: :naughty: :lol:

Susimoo, as i said on my pink tourmaline ring thread, i can't say no to you :D So i'll share my rings with you...if you share your beautiful rings with me too :Up_to_something: :naughty: :halo:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous! I love the hue of that M. And the setting is perfect! It looks enormous on your hand.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful! I love the warmth and it looks lovely on your hand!! :appl:

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful and such a lovely color. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results