shape
carat
color
clarity

@mrs-b are you OK?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you @mrs-b ! Praying and hoping that you are getting adequate pain relief and that you are feeling comfortably numb (as Pink Floyd sang). ((Hugs)) and warm thoughts coming your way ❤️

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s ok to go a little insane if you have to. We have your back. You’ll come back to us. Take care of yourself right now and sleep is probably what you need to do to heal.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sleep is the best medicine @mrs-b..Think of your body repairing itself when you are sleeping. You will come out of this bad time on the other side..having fun with your friends and family pain free.
We all care about you..xxxooo

PhilosopherStone

Rough_Rock
Take care @mrs-b , focus on positive and happy thoughts and get as much rest as possible. There's going to be very bright and happy times ahead, you got this! We all care about you.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm home at last. Lots of complications once they cut me open - not least of which was the massive scar build up from the previous surgeries. There was also a huge amount of bone growth around the L5-S1 area which was basically chipped away with a chisel then removed piece by piece with tweezers. Good times. Anyway, a lot of the bone was growing though nerve and around disc and encasing the whole thing. Dr said it was a miracle I could still walk - which, in reality, I barely could do.

So listen to your auntie Mrs-B, boys and girls, if your back hurts, and your dr tells you you need surgery - go get it right away and don't turn yourself into a paraplegic like I did!

I'm still super stoned, and will be for another week. So I'm going off to blanket bay now and hope to feel better when I wake up. On Thursday, Maybe on Friday, Possibly later. And Tim deserves a medal; he's been unbelievable. I am the luckiest woman in the world,

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers - I knew each and every one of you were with me and it meant the world.

I love you all, I truly do,

Hollian. oxo. <3 (your resident drug addict)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm home at last. Lots of complications once they cut me open - not least of which was the massive scar build up from the previous surgeries. There was also a huge amount of bone growth around the L5-S1 area which was basically chipped away with a chisel then removed piece by piece with tweezers. Good times. Anyway, a lot of the bone was growing though nerve and around disc and encasing the whole thing. Dr said it was a miracle I could still walk - which, in reality, I barely could do.

So listen to your auntie Mrs-B, boys and girls, if your back hurts, and your dr tells you you need surgery - go get it right away and don't turn yourself into a paraplegic like I did!

I'm still super stoned, and will be for another week. So I'm going off to blanket bay now and hope to feel better when I wake up. On Thursday, Maybe on Friday, Possibly later. And Tim deserves a medal; he's been unbelievable. I am the luckiest woman in the world,

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers - I knew each and every one of you were with me and it meant the world.

I'm sorry it was so miserable. Here's hoping the worst is over!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know it is early days, but get into PT as soon as your surgeon allows. A good PT can make all the difference! I was struggling to pick my foot up even 4" just a few months ago and was super frustrated that a guy fresh out of surgery (maybe a week or two?) was doing things I could only dream of three years after a similar surgery. The difference was he was getting the muscles working as soon as safe with a skilled Dr who could help him safely get up and going where I didn't get into PT due to all sorts of things (mainly getting cleared to start in February 2020) so everything is stiff and painful.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Glad you are home!!!!
Prayers are being answered!!!!!!
Sending up some more prayers for you!!!!

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow. That is good news. So glad to hear that you are home!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How you manage to produce such eloquently written posts in spite of what you're going through astounds me! Continuing well wishes for a smoother recovery xx

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
You sound so fortunate that the nerve and bone situation was found and rectified. Speedy recovery!

Night night, mrs-b, we'll leave the light on for you.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for being in your own home, in a sea of your own warm, comfy blankets and pillows! I know you still have a long road ahead and a lot more pain to endure, but I for one am celebrating that you are still with us, are home where you can recover more comfortably, and are occasionally lucid just a hair enough to connect!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing like being home. Every day will get a little better. One step at a time.

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
So glad to hear you are home. Sending prayers and positive thoughts that the pain subsides and you are able to rest and gain your strength back. Take good care. You have amazing strength and you’ve got this!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rest well - always so much better at home! I hope that day by day you find relief as the healing begins! Prayers continue!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi @FornasettiLover - and thank you for asking. <3

Then last year, due to an old injury that was exacerbated by my Crohn's disease, which is apparently morphing into ankylosing spondylitis, my spine started giving me weirdo sciatic pain of the sudden, electric shock, utterly debilitating kind, and I lost my ability to exercise in any meaningful way. I've found this hugely lowering and very discouraging. To say nothing of utterly exhausting. I'm meant to be having.a spinal fusion plus an ocean of bone removal (the A/S has led to the growth of all sorts of bone spurs and stenosis - to the extent that I now have an almost fully enclosed cage of bone around both my lumbar spine and my thoracic spine) - but all the surgeons I've seen have told me they're uncertain whether this will actually help me and that, while I still have any degree of reasonable mobility, I should put it off as long as I can. Despite the pain, my PCP has flatly told me she wouldn't have it were she me. Alternative suggestions tho? Zero. Pain? Ten outta 10.
Well damn, sending hugs.

Regarding this passage: I had this done in November 2021, along with them breaking my pelvis to detach everything, straighten and rotate my spine back, and bolting it all back together. My cage goes from pelvis to the top of that section of spine, with the likelihood of doing it again in 5 years to go up higher very real. Leading up to that, and after several microdiscectomies and work to free my sciatic nerve from being trapped between two vertebrae, I could still not feel my lower half. The whole thing sucked, the recovery has suuuucked, but aside from slight dull pain that is more like...pressure and hard to explain, I am SO GLAD I did it. I not only got 2" of height back, I am no longer dying in pain every day above the waist, numb below the waist, and have been successful at recovering my liver from all the tylenol, advil, and steroids I was on for years.

rungirl

Shiny_Rock
So glad to hear that you are home, @mrs-b , but terribly sorry for what you are going through. I continue to keep you in my thoughts, sending best thoughts and wishes that you are able to feel improvements very soon.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Happy to hear that you are able to go home and recuperate in the comfort of your own home! It sounds like a horrific surgery. I hope the pain comes under more control as quickly as possible.

kah42

Shiny_Rock
So glad you are back home. Hoping rest will bring you comfort and healing. Continuing to pray!

Beagles

Shiny_Rock
Great news that you are home! Prayers for comfort and healing and feeling better every day.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Home is the best medicine! <3

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Welcome home and look to the East, as my mother would always say.
Not so far as it was, and it will be less so, soon.
07faa80ea145524473a143b589a4d9c9.gif

Sunrises Sunsets

Shiny_Rock
May you be blest with restful sleep as your body continues to heal from that amazing and difficult surgery. You, (and Ame), have been through such traumatic back illness and reconstructive spine surgeries. Your tremendous strength to endure all that you have with your spine issues is admirable and heart wrenching.

Bless your wonderful husband,Tim, for his support and I'll continue to pray for your complete and uncomplicated recovery. I've had many surgeries in my life and some were so painful and recovery difficult but I can't imagine what you've been through.
Sending gentle, virtual hugs to you Mrs. B, someone I've never met in person but have genuinely learned to admire through your Pricescope posts.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news that you are home. Here's to daily improvement and eventually full mobility without pain.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock

Very good news!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing like sleeping in your own bed, using your own bathroom and having total control over lights and sounds! Get the much needed rest and door dash your fave foods!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results