shape
carat
color
clarity

Monarch's New Digs

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks fabulous! I LOVE IT. I desperately wish I could get new cabinets but I'd have to rip this whole house down to the studs to make it happen, so yeah, not happening.

May I show you what we're doing? It's not fancy like yours but, our main kitchen room cabinets were hobby carpentry from the 60s/70s, built into a @200 yr old house. They aren't fancy but they're built like tanks and fully solid- almost impossible to even get the damned tops off. Overkill? Yes, yes it was. They cemented this cheap budget bathroom tile with a ridiculous amount of trim(off on the example) and I've lived with it for over 15 years. Why did they do this? Nobody knows.
But NoOoOooo.
And they screwed it down every three inches:lol:
I hate it, but doing anything in this house is nightmarish. Our walls are all original horsehair and there isn't a flat or square surface in the entire place. I swear to god everything is surgically grafted into something else.
So, I've had enough. DH takes a month or so off for Christmas every year and that's when he does inside projects. We went and bought some 1.75 butcher block for the counters out here and the little butler's pantry, I treated it and that's what DH has been doing. It fits the rural/old aesthetic nicely. It feels nice, velvety. It glows. You can't see it but the wood patterning is beautiful.
And it ISN'T that stupid tile.
I've also decided that next year we're getting a soapstone sink to replace the big farmhouse one that's beat to hell.
20221215_154500.jpg 20221215_154542.jpg

You are so funny! I absolutely LOVE the butcher block. That is gorgeous! 200 years old, wow. Are you in the US? East of the Mason-Dixon if so, I presume? I bet it’s beautiful regardless of the uh, “whimsical” choices made by past inhabitants.

What are horsehair walls? I’m afraid to Google. I’ve never heard of that!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, I am really pleased with everything so far. I had some worries in the beginning but seeing everything together I was being a little ridiculous in doubting myself.

I have no idea how one develops an eye for interior design! I really think it’s a mix of being a creative person, understanding scale and balance, and being a little bit nuts. I like to consider elements (earth, air, fire, water) as a way to add life to a room. That’s more of an abstract thing, I guess. I really like color as well, so the living area was like building an outfit—the rug was like a dress, the chairs were the shoes that were a little unexpected but worked with it, we’ll call the gray sofa the overcoat and accessorize with throw pillows in jewel tones like earrings and rings. Since the fireplace facade was the focal point of the room and that fieldstone is prominent on the exterior as well, and the floors looked rather rustic, I wanted a boho/global/almost southwestern feel for the rug pattern that was somewhat classic since the colors were so bright. Like, I want to sit in a mountain lodge sipping whisky but be wearing beautiful vibrant clothes and maybe switch to a cosmopolitan if I feel like it. And then go dance in a spring meadow full of wildflowers. (This is what I mean by “a little bit nuts.”)

The kitchen and baths were easy because I was considering resale so I just went as neutral as possible while incorporating an updated hardware color. Not much creativity or eye required there—details are great, but I think you can overdo to the point that there is TOO much going on. And for spaces as small as what I’m working with simple was best.

I grew up devouring Architectural Digest and Town and Country magazines if they happened to be on a coffee table in our house, and my mom got me a subscription to American Vogue when I was 12. She was a SAHM and had a great eye for design so I probably learned a lot through those avenues.

It is a huge compliment to be asked the question of how one develops an eye for design, so thank you. I am beyond flattered and a little embarrassed because I have never considered myself great at design outside of my former career in retail!

You really do have a great eye, so definitely take the compliment! I am struggling to learn, and am realizing that it is sometimes a thing you learn by doing. Which sucks for my perfectionist self haha.

I’m starting with my closet. I want it to have a Hollywood regency vibe. Should I make a new thread and enlist your help?

Attachments

• 80A0AB75-2FFD-47EC-AAAB-6B6CDE999F46.jpeg
    80A0AB75-2FFD-47EC-AAAB-6B6CDE999F46.jpeg
    173.8 KB · Views: 26

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
You are so funny! I absolutely LOVE the butcher block. That is gorgeous! 200 years old, wow. Are you in the US? East of the Mason-Dixon if so, I presume? I bet it’s beautiful regardless of the uh, “whimsical” choices made by past inhabitants.

What are horsehair walls? I’m afraid to Google. I’ve never heard of that!

Ayuh, up heah in Maine. Northern New England(yes, that's slightly different than just New England and only people up here would make the distinction. Or care) She's an old girl. We're only the fourth family to live here and she's named for the second family, who were integral to the area and lived here close to a hundred years. She's not a fancy house, but she does have her own landmark postcards and few local book entries. We see ourselves more as caretakers.
The original plaster used in housing had horsehair mixed in as a binding/strengthening agent. It works beautifully for hundreds of years...until it doesn't, and then it develops crack faults that are almost impossible to halt if it detaches and crumbles off the lath underneath. You have to wish real hard before you cut into it for any reason or you end up redoing the whole wall, or sometimes room.
Whimsical, I like that. I'll have to try that out on the old man when he's fighting with whatever crap comes up next. I think the butcher block just fits (because you can cut it!)- I just couldn't wait anymore. I'm trying to convince DH to replace the old thinner butcher block on the island with soapstone. That would be fancy. We'll see. He just sort of tips his chin and says, 'Hmm, that sounds like money'.
Super old houses are an 'experience' and an 'easy' job? Doesn't exist in retrofit.
:lol: But you should look it up, it's weird.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You really do have a great eye, so definitely take the compliment! I am struggling to learn, and am realizing that it is sometimes a thing you learn by doing. Which sucks for my perfectionist self haha.

I’m starting with my closet. I want it to have a Hollywood regency vibe. Should I make a new thread and enlist your help?

Yassssss make a thread! I’m more than happy to contribute but I know there are lots of members here who love a good design project!
They were going to redo my closets with wire shelving and I said absolutely not, no way in hell. I had them repaint what was existing, which is wood shelving and heavy-duty metal hanging rods. I’ll take pics when I get things cleaned up (it’s a disorganized disaster right now) so you can see. Can’t wait to see what you do with your closet, such a fun starting point!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ayuh, up heah in Maine. Northern New England(yes, that's slightly different than just New England and only people up here would make the distinction. Or care) She's an old girl. We're only the fourth family to live here and she's named for the second family, who were integral to the area and lived here close to a hundred years. She's not a fancy house, but she does have her own landmark postcards and few local book entries. We see ourselves more as caretakers.
The original plaster used in housing had horsehair mixed in as a binding/strengthening agent. It works beautifully for hundreds of years...until it doesn't, and then it develops crack faults that are almost impossible to halt if it detaches and crumbles off the lath underneath. You have to wish real hard before you cut into it for any reason or you end up redoing the whole wall, or sometimes room.
Whimsical, I like that. I'll have to try that out on the old man when he's fighting with whatever crap comes up next. I think the butcher block just fits (because you can cut it!)- I just couldn't wait anymore. I'm trying to convince DH to replace the old thinner butcher block on the island with soapstone. That would be fancy. We'll see. He just sort of tips his chin and says, 'Hmm, that sounds like money'.
Super old houses are an 'experience' and an 'easy' job? Doesn't exist in retrofit.
:lol: But you should look it up, it's weird.

I looked it up! Interesting stuff! The oldest house I’ve ever lived in was built in 1948 and I hated the teeny tiny closets but the rest of it had oodles of character. Here’s what I know about Maine: Katahdin, Misery, Stephen King, nor’easters, fisherman sweaters, saltwater. :)

Tell your hubs that it’s either renovations or more vacations. Haha. I used to volunteer at an historic farmstead and the couple who took care of the place tapped all the trees and made maple syrup every winter and it was a really cool setup. I helped with syrup-making one year and good grief it was a huge undertaking. The whole farmstead was a lot for just the two of them but they really enjoyed it. If I’m ever in Maine I will pick up a postcard of your home and trade you one from my parents’ red barn that was razed about 20 years ago. A local artist decided she wanted to make some pieces with the wood and then prints were made from those, along with some postcards, we have something else in common!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Deal! Fair trade. Common ground all over the place:bigsmile:
That's so cool! Our general store/post office/dance hall is twice the size of the house. Now, it's just a glorified barn.
And you haven't seen wonky until you've stepped into an old farmhouse. This house lists slightly, like a ship. With this old place it's always renovations, or more accurately, basic repairs. And I hate that there's so little storage. Maybe we have too much crap, either way, drives me nuts.
You forgot lobstah, whoopie pies, blueberries, upta camp, swearing and beer.:lol:
Sugaring is no easy task, they take it seriously around here. Award winning. I just show up to my neighbor's farms for Maple Sunday and compliment their hard work while I eat, ooh at their fancy boilers and buy a bunch.
I love living history museums, we had one in town- it sadly had to shut down a few years ago, it was so beautiful. It had one of the oldest antique working carousels
I think it was the only one where all the horses 'jumped' up and down and everything. It was fast. I miss that place.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Yassssss make a thread! I’m more than happy to contribute but I know there are lots of members here who love a good design project!
They were going to redo my closets with wire shelving and I said absolutely not, no way in hell. I had them repaint what was existing, which is wood shelving and heavy-duty metal hanging rods. I’ll take pics when I get things cleaned up (it’s a disorganized disaster right now) so you can see. Can’t wait to see what you do with your closet, such a fun starting point!

Yay! I would love some help! I despise wire shelving. I’ve taken over a year doing nothing… and I’m hoping to get back at it. I’ll start a thread!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deal! Fair trade. Common ground all over the place:bigsmile:
That's so cool! Our general store/post office/dance hall is twice the size of the house. Now, it's just a glorified barn.
And you haven't seen wonky until you've stepped into an old farmhouse. This house lists slightly, like a ship. With this old place it's always renovations, or more accurately, basic repairs. And I hate that there's so little storage. Maybe we have too much crap, either way, drives me nuts.
You forgot lobstah, whoopie pies, blueberries, upta camp, swearing and beer.:lol:
Sugaring is no easy task, they take it seriously around here. Award winning. I just show up to my neighbor's farms for Maple Sunday and compliment their hard work while I eat, ooh at their fancy boilers and buy a bunch.
I love living history museums, we had one in town- it sadly had to shut down a few years ago, it was so beautiful. It had one of the oldest antique working carousels
I think it was the only one where all the horses 'jumped' up and down and everything. It was fast. I miss that place.

I should probably put northern New England on my list of places to visit; I’ve always heard good things. I love carousels! We have a beautiful one at the Indianapolis Children’s Museum and one at Holiday World (an amusement park) in Santa Claus, Indiana. Yes, that’s an actual town. Both were childhood favorites of mine and I have taken my daughter to both places so she could have that special experience as well. She would NOT ride the moving animals and preferred sitting in the stationary “sleighs.” I’ll try to take her back again and get her on a jumper! Lol

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Going to try to hang some curtains today in my bedroom and the living room.

Ok, got the bedroom ones up! I had a brief moment of doubt and had to try two different styles before making the final decision so I’ll show you each and then how it turned out.

I originally chose the blush-colored luxe linen panels to match the bed skirt, then I saw the second style and had to have those but I intended them for the dining room. Today I got wishy-washy about so much “pink” and I had to see for sure that my original idea was right. It was. Installed the rod, hung them, steamed them, and voilà. Looks much better!

Also ordered a swatch of a duvet set I discovered after I bought the Marimekko one that’s currently on the bed. It’s past the return window so I’ll keep it regardless but OMG look how the swatch goes with the quilt and shams! But THAT, I fear would really be too much pink. I don’t want this turning into my grandmother’s house. Not entirely, anyway…her houses were always really feminine and pretty! Lol

Along the way I noticed that the yellow in the duvet cover matches LV boxes. I thought that was pretty fun.

These prints are meant for another wall but I wanted to show how the colors flowed together. I have 3 others on order that I’ll attach in the next post that will go on the wall above the headboard. What do you think so far?

18257165-DF8F-423E-BA5B-AD9C168EDC10.jpeg

Attachments

• 17252778-0339-4001-834C-B4BB66BE3722.jpeg
    17252778-0339-4001-834C-B4BB66BE3722.jpeg
    228.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 04A59154-E963-44C3-9087-C9EBD3E8B8DF.jpeg
    04A59154-E963-44C3-9087-C9EBD3E8B8DF.jpeg
    184.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 83CD8432-F792-4460-8A04-78C0E68D3E46.jpeg
    83CD8432-F792-4460-8A04-78C0E68D3E46.jpeg
    270.3 KB · Views: 17
  • FF0C116B-0AED-4D0D-978F-8DA62B0E7552.jpeg
    FF0C116B-0AED-4D0D-978F-8DA62B0E7552.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 17
  • 6319E909-41B5-49FF-95DD-375DFEC8BB50.jpeg
    6319E909-41B5-49FF-95DD-375DFEC8BB50.jpeg
    251.4 KB · Views: 17
  • AB8DAE73-D5BA-415E-A1E7-331D9F37D61F.jpeg
    AB8DAE73-D5BA-415E-A1E7-331D9F37D61F.jpeg
    301.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 6DDE985B-283E-4ED8-B168-9AF405C36B6D.jpeg
    6DDE985B-283E-4ED8-B168-9AF405C36B6D.jpeg
    252 KB · Views: 17
  • C33C16C8-5070-4555-990E-3CD49F5418EB.jpeg
    C33C16C8-5070-4555-990E-3CD49F5418EB.jpeg
    315.4 KB · Views: 17

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prints on order, framed in black. The one with the blue background is 30”x40”, and the other two are 12”x16” I think. So the smaller ones will go vertically next to the large one. I don’t like one big thing in the middle with matchy-matchy on either side iykwim.

On second thought, I may keep the prints that are shown above the bed today up there and out the scandies on another wall so it’s not an entire wall of flowers when you enter the room. Or I’ll get everything and try it both ways and see what works best. Haha

EDF8320C-1540-4210-B68A-82C06E6E2134.jpeg

Attachments

• A413E007-E0EC-4668-AAE6-89A6DBDAEA76.jpeg
    A413E007-E0EC-4668-AAE6-89A6DBDAEA76.jpeg
    350 KB · Views: 2
  • 95601392-AFBC-4E27-AF4D-546BB198C315.jpeg
    95601392-AFBC-4E27-AF4D-546BB198C315.jpeg
    320 KB · Views: 2

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bedroom still needs rugs—a runner on the side of the bed and one at the foot that takes up enough space to cover between that and the dresser. I also have two olive green wicker chairs for seating and I need a table to go with those for reading and sipping.

Attachments

• 9C5F86CC-6D2D-4438-82DE-E7E35E35D398.jpeg
    9C5F86CC-6D2D-4438-82DE-E7E35E35D398.jpeg
    331.4 KB · Views: 1

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Eeeee!
Love it, and has plenty of tonal shift to not overwhelm and enough patterns for the eye to bounce. The curtains are fab. I do love that duvet swatch but you would have to introduce a tertiary color with it for that side of the room.

The dining room ones are great too, I can't wait to see that setup.
Hold that thought on the flowers though, I'd want to see them propped up.
The Jardin poster, would that be a dining room possibility? It works with the curtains slated.
What colors do you want the rug to pull? Have any contenders?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eeeee!
Love it, and has plenty of tonal shift to not overwhelm and enough patterns for the eye to bounce. The curtains are fab. I do love that duvet swatch but you would have to introduce a tertiary color with it for that side of the room.

The dining room ones are great too, I can't wait to see that setup.
Hold that thought on the flowers though, I'd want to see them propped up.
The Jardin poster, would that be a dining room possibility? It works with the curtains slated.
What colors do you want the rug to pull? Have any contenders?

Thank you for the feedback! I don’t have anyone in real life that I trust or feel comfortable with sharing ideas with about these things. I love my friends and family but they can have strong opinions and they don’t always “get” my taste or aesthetic I’m aiming for.

Glad you brought up the tertiary point about the duvet swatch because that duvet is $600. It’s absolutely beautiful but I’d end up choosing green as tertiary and then I’d just fill up the whole room with plants. It would turn into Little Shop of Horrors or Where the Wild Things Are.
Damn. That’s a selling point on second thought.

I had a contender I was vaguely considering for a rug but it’s just another colorway of the zebra stripe rug in the dining room. I know I do NOT want to pull blue. Again I’d probably lean towards a warmer green if I chose an actual color. I’ll attach the vague consideration.

ETA: the Jardin des Fleurs print was originally meant for the entryway. It can go wherever.

03B71614-8957-47A7-9E41-3448A09C6284.jpeg

Attachments

• C172E0FC-CD5D-4A73-8452-3BFB2E29D8EA.jpeg
    C172E0FC-CD5D-4A73-8452-3BFB2E29D8EA.jpeg
    331.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 1455093D-AA71-4E10-9B50-BA455A2FFE4E.jpeg
    1455093D-AA71-4E10-9B50-BA455A2FFE4E.jpeg
    398.3 KB · Views: 12

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I know. Most people think I'm insane because I want color. Everywhere. I agree, no room for more blue here, it would change the temp of the room. It works because it's a subtle accent even if you add the other prints. The rug works and the chairs will anchor. If you want change a green base will work too.
Yeah, I can't say I'd cry with my fancy duvet and my multitude of plants.
I can see it now. I'd be all up in that shiz, wearing my fancy pj's to periodically entertain or even ruling my kingdom from the bed like a proper lady for an indeterminant duration. I might have a bell and be nestled in a ten million pillow mountain, that are not pillows but shams.
*sighs* I should have been born filthy rich, I would have been an absolute terror:lol:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I know. Most people think I'm insane because I want color. Everywhere. I agree, no room for more blue here, it would change the temp of the room. It works because it's a subtle accent even if you add the other prints. The rug works and the chairs will anchor. If you want change a green base will work too.
Yeah, I can't say I'd cry with my fancy duvet and my multitude of plants.
I can see it now. I'd be all up in that shiz, wearing my fancy pj's to periodically entertain or even ruling my kingdom from the bed like a proper lady for an indeterminant duration. I might have a bell and be nestled in a ten million pillow mountain, that are not pillows but shams.
*sighs* I should have been born filthy rich, I would have been an absolute terror:lol:

MA’AM. Why are you reading my mind? (I was aristocracy in a past or future life, I’m convinced!) I’d rule a Pacifist Plant Queendom and there would be no fighting—we’d keep the men busy, fed, and fulfilled as we saw fit. (I can’t emoji from my phone so it translates to PS but picture lots of laughing smilies and some skulls indicating death from laughter.)

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Hurry up then, and hop on up. I made space. 8-)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
New prints for bedroom (probably?) are here. My sweet daughter made my bed for me today and then I took a nap on it so please excuse it’s slightly disheveled appearance. Upthread there are pics of different prints above the bed. These are the ones I thought would coordinate better but they could go on another wall in the bedroom or elsewhere—I still have space to fill in other rooms. Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays!

Attachments

• 6FEE04BD-D28A-41C9-AF24-738FF5134210.jpeg
    6FEE04BD-D28A-41C9-AF24-738FF5134210.jpeg
    270.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 1DA179ED-2AC6-4689-BC05-FC498E6F346E.jpeg
    1DA179ED-2AC6-4689-BC05-FC498E6F346E.jpeg
    249.9 KB · Views: 13

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, my turn to wear the tiara! I've been waiting and didn't want to bug you! :lol:
What are we doing for lamps? Yea or nay? If not, the two little print could go over the nightstands. If yes, then they can go right on the wall by the slider one over the other. I'd have to see the big one place because I'm just not sure. Did you get the rug, yet?!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, my turn to wear the tiara! I've been waiting and didn't want to bug you! :lol:
What are we doing for lamps? Yea or nay? If not, the two little print could go over the nightstands. If yes, then they can go right on the wall by the slider one over the other. I'd have to see the big one place because I'm just not sure. Did you get the rug, yet?!

Sorry! Got a little busy during the holidays. I have a set of lamps; they’re an oil-rubbed bronze finish and very neutral. I’ll dig them out and set them up soon, I definitely need lighting options as I don’t always want to use the overhead lighting. I’m holding off on the rug until I get the tree down and more stuff put away/stored properly.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s been forever, so sorry to everyone following here! I have some updates!

974984E6-0C99-4497-9841-0EC1D286A00B.jpeg

Attachments

• D6AB5A05-5D16-4195-8409-9B6EF23C5088.jpeg
    D6AB5A05-5D16-4195-8409-9B6EF23C5088.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 84433D94-F554-4CD6-9E0D-EB17D6BC7D83.jpeg
    84433D94-F554-4CD6-9E0D-EB17D6BC7D83.jpeg
    298.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 82387955-9A1C-4DDF-B684-DBDFECA71B45.jpeg
    82387955-9A1C-4DDF-B684-DBDFECA71B45.jpeg
    237 KB · Views: 36
  • FA3A4C4C-8143-44F9-B8F3-DE11306B04F2.jpeg
    FA3A4C4C-8143-44F9-B8F3-DE11306B04F2.jpeg
    316.3 KB · Views: 37

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Oh my god, I love it! There's rugs and fun patterns!
It looks like a happy place. It's fun, and there's stuff to look at :love:
I hope your little loves her room, too.
And the piano, so fancy. I miss having a piano, even though I never got past 'year four'. But look, there's a place for me on the runner right under the piano! :lol:

*I don't know if you know, but I'm doing a little journey-refresh in my kitchen because you inspired me. :bigsmile:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dining room table came this week! I love love LOVE it. Made by James and James in Arkansas. Took 14 weeks from ordering to delivery but I couldn’t be happier with this piece. It even smells amazing.

In the meantime, I went ahead and completed my set of Wedgwood china, purchased a couple serving pieces in the same pattern, and new flatware. Next is finding host/hostess chairs (ahem, I will be playing the role of both) but I haven’t found anything I really love within budget yet. It’s definitely a process to pull everything together, but I’m not on a time constraint so it doesn’t matter.

4812059E-5044-4993-949B-726DB41AA96F.jpeg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
The table is insane and I'm obsessed with the legs. They are my favorite behind a Jacobean twist. I'm going to need legs for a counter I want at some point- I'll have to check them out. Love the wool rug as well. Let me know over time how the loop wears for you. I have wools in the loop texture in mine right now from a few different companies- and they aren't wearing the same. Some great, and some with a slightly looser loop that're looking a little beat after 3+yrs. Where'd you find the tapestry? I'm debating wallpapering or just tapestry hanging in my dining room for summer. It'll have to be summer, I'll need a break after that kitchen...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, the legs are what sold me right away behind the stain. The rug...I have no idea how it's going to wear. It's LOLOI from Overstock and all their reviews are incentivized so who can trust them, really? So far it's giving off a ton of fibers (to be expected) and I have so much dust all over this place from all the new textiles it's insane. I didn't invest a ton in it knowing it was going to be eaten on top of! I also don't have a big family; it's just myself and my daughter here most of the time and no pets so it won't get much traffic except a few times a year when I entertain.

The tapestry is from anthropologie! You will not believe how cheap it was. I wanted to get something on a few of the walls without committing and I have been VERY pleased with the quality of their offerings! Here's a link: https://www.anthropologie.com/search?q=tapestry

The dining room one I have is the Margie. I got the Rosie for my daughter's room, but I also just picked up two of these for her room instead. I might move the one from her room to mine or to the living area. Who knows. They go on sale for 20% off intermittently so watch for sales if you want one. They're not fabric, they're really thick paper that feels like an antique scroll or something. Good for statement, color, and budget. I refuse to do anything peel and stick or temporary so these have been a good solution. And I might keep them forever, I like them that much. If you do buy one or more make sure to measure measure measure...they are HUGE. If I wasn't dealing with chair rail I might have chosen different ones, but the whole living area has chair rail throughout. Some of the tapestries are almost floor to ceiling for my walls (which are only 8' because, well, condo built in the 70s) LOL

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tiger curtains and rug!
Take a walk on the wild side, Monnie!

20+ years ago, I would’ve lmao about 40+ year old women doing animal print, like, what a cliché. Turns out I got to this age and just can’t find any f*cks to give. :)

I’ve always loved animal print and a shit ton of pattern-mixing. Keeping it to scale and working with the colors I love hasn’t been too much of a challenge so far. I did see your comment on IG about the “jungle room,” before I archived that post and that’s fair! I am going for a global, boho, casual feel. Glad I saw you here again and had a chance to reply.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20+ years ago, I would’ve lmao about 40+ year old women doing animal print, like, what a cliché. Turns out I got to this age and just can’t find any f*cks to give. :)

I’ve always loved animal print and a shit ton of pattern-mixing. Keeping it to scale and working with the colors I love hasn’t been too much of a challenge so far. I did see your comment on IG about the “jungle room,” before I archived that post and that’s fair! I am going for a global, boho, casual feel. Glad I saw you here again and had a chance to reply.

Your decor is so lighthearted
and fun. The woven elements and the animal prints are edgy and refreshing.
I'm looking forward to more updates!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@monarch64 Monnie I didn't want to dredge up an old and sad thread so I'll post here in this happy thread instead - I saw a monarch butterfly right as I pulled out of the garage. They must be unusual around here, it's the first one I've seen this year - figured I'd never see it again. Then when I came home - there it was, still flitting around! Of course it disappeared by the time I found my phone.

It made me think of you and your dad, I hope your summer has been restful ❤️

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@monarch64 Monnie I didn't want to dredge up an old and sad thread so I'll post here in this happy thread instead - I saw a monarch butterfly right as I pulled out of the garage. They must be unusual around here, it's the first one I've seen this year - figured I'd never see it again. Then when I came home - there it was, still flitting around! Of course it disappeared by the time I found my phone.

It made me think of you and your dad, I hope your summer has been restful ❤️

Oh my goodness. Thank you for this. Hit me right in the feels, but in a good way. Hoping the same of your summer.

I think you’re in the northeast—you’re probably getting the Canada-to-eastern Mexico-and back migration.

IMG_1464.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results