shape
carat
color
clarity

Mona (Instagram: moissy_diamond_jewelry) formerly fr. Starsgem

miafab

Rough_Rock
Yeah it’s such a disappointment and definitely didn’t look this yellow in the videos she sent me. I suggested that she sends a new stone, I’ll have it set locally and then send her the old stone back. I’ll still be out money getting it set here but I don’t want to send the entire ring back. That’s my last offer before I get PayPal involved.
Oh boy I'm so sorry this happened! The ring is so perfect otherwise!
And her not budging at all gives me zero confidence now. :(
I have a solitaire and band in the works with her now and the main stone is a GH OEC.
I've asked her to send me loose pictures of the stone on its side
I hope she learns her lesson and does that. And i hope she does right by you. Keep us posted.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh @baileydare16 what a mess!!! That stone CLEARLY isn't G/H color, and she knows it. Anyone can see that it's much closer to J, especially when comparing pics from others with the same color stone. For her to turn around and say that it's bc she gave you a "good price" is seriously BS. the lack of honesty/transparency is what kills me. If she couldn't deliver on your request , she should have been honest about that from the beginning! I agree that your offer is totally fair. She needs to send you a stone of the correct color, and pay for you to ship the J stone back. Why should you pay extra for HER error????

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I paid through PayPal and I would hate to dispute it but she is really not budging at all and it’s really disheartening that she isn’t standing behind her word. I wonder if PayPal would be able to do a partial refund? I’m not sure but she won’t even discuss options with me bevause she thinks there is nothing wrong with the stone

I had a dispute with a different vendor just a couple weeks ago, and was able to get a partial refund. Once I escalated the claim, the decision was made in my favor within a few days (even though Paypal said it could take a two or three weeks)

poppins

Rough_Rock
Hi all!
@baileydare16, so sorry to hear about this hassle you are having !

Anyway, some better news for a change in this thread. I picked up my earrings today and they look great! My phone can't focus so for close-ups I have to refer to Monas photos. But here is an ear-shot . The cut is very good as far as I can tell. My intention has never been to pass this off as diamonds, but the difference is really minor to my eyes in this cut and size.
DSC_0115.JPG

poppins

Rough_Rock
My loose G/H 6mm OEC from Mona arrived today. They are very pretty. I can see just a hint of creaminess :)

Here's a quick picture before I drop them at the jeweler to be set.

IMG_20190510_133038892.jpg
Pretty ! Your earrings are going to be gorgeous.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
@poppins I love your earrings! I think this will definitely be my next project.

My loose G/H 6mm OEC from Mona arrived today. They are very pretty. I can see just a hint of creaminess :)

Thanks for sharing these; to me these look like true GH color, no yellow at all. :love:

miafab

Rough_Rock

Ohhh these are sweet! I saw them on Instagram and was hoping for some extra shots :)
Would you mind taking a picture bottom up so I can see the color better? My OEC will be 7.5mm so a bit bigger, but pictures would hold me over while I wait. Actually , all sorts of pictures would be nice if you have the time and inclination :)
;-)

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh these are sweet! I saw them on Instagram and was hoping for some extra shots :)
Would you mind taking a picture bottom up so I can see the color better? My OEC will be 7.5mm so a bit bigger, but pictures would hold me over while I wait. Actually , all sorts of pictures would be nice if you have the time and inclination :)
;-)
I'm sorry I didn't see your msg in time. I already dropped them off at the jeweler (he's only 10 mins from me).

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
Well Mona stopped replying. I messaged her again yesterday evening and didn’t hear anything from her at all, hasn’t read my messages. I’ll message her one more time before I open a dispute with PayPal. It’s frustrating because she already said I can return and get it replaced but now she won’t answer me.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Well Mona stopped replying. I messaged her again yesterday evening and didn’t hear anything from her at all, hasn’t read my messages. I’ll message her one more time before I open a dispute with PayPal. It’s frustrating because she already said I can return and get it replaced but now she won’t answer me.
That’s a real shame. You’ve been so patient with all of this (more than I would be), and I am still shocked that she doesn’t want to help. I would have never have thought she would do this. I remember she did an Instagram post a couple months back where she stated that she would replace if you weren’t happy. So seeing her backtrack with you is shocking and rather disappointing.

Ugh, I’m so, so sorry. :(2 I think you should be able to get PayPal side with you since you have a lot of evidence showing you were willing to work with her. Please keep us posted.

Edit: weird, I can’t find that post, anymore.

Last edited:

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
That’s a real shame. You’ve been so patient with all of this (more than I would be), and I am still shocked that she doesn’t want to help. I would have never have thought she would do this. I remember she did an Instagram post a couple months back where she stated that she would replace if you weren’t happy. So seeing her backtrack with you is shocking and rather disappointing.

Ugh, I’m so, so sorry. :(2 I think you should be able to get PayPal side with you since you have a lot of evidence showing you were willing to work with her. Please keep us posted.
I will! I remember that post too and when I mentioned it she said fine I could send it back to get a replacement. Well when I suggested she sends a new stone, I get it set at a local jeweler and mail the old stone back to her she didn’t reply for 5 hours then sent me a message saying “sorry for the late reply” but didn’t address any actual messages I sent lol. So I messaged her again asking about it and she didn’t even open the message at all. Real shame because I was going to order my wedding bands, a ring for my man and I was hoping to get earrings but I don’t feel comfortable ordering from her anymore and I just hope she doesn’t treat anyone else this way. I’ll ask one more time Sunday evening when it’s rheir Monday and if she doesn’t respond then I’m going to go ahead and get PayPal to step in. The only issue is she didn’t break down the individual costs on the invoice so I don’t know how that’ll work. Maybe a 40% refund or partial refund? Maybe she’ll reply once I open a dispute.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I will! I remember that post too and when I mentioned it she said fine I could send it back to get a replacement. Well when I suggested she sends a new stone, I get it set at a local jeweler and mail the old stone back to her she didn’t reply for 5 hours then sent me a message saying “sorry for the late reply” but didn’t address any actual messages I sent lol. So I messaged her again asking about it and she didn’t even open the message at all. Real shame because I was going to order my wedding bands, a ring for my man and I was hoping to get earrings but I don’t feel comfortable ordering from her anymore and I just hope she doesn’t treat anyone else this way. I’ll ask one more time Sunday evening when it’s rheir Monday and if she doesn’t respond then I’m going to go ahead and get PayPal to step in. The only issue is she didn’t break down the individual costs on the invoice so I don’t know how that’ll work. Maybe a 40% refund or partial refund? Maybe she’ll reply once I open a dispute.
She must have deleted it; I’m glad you saw it, too because for a moment I though I imagined it! Really, that is super shady on her part, and like I said, I’m really disappointed. Personally your experience had given me pause; I was going to have her make earrings for me after my OMC project but I may just go through Starsgem. :(2 It’s a bummer because I wanted to give her more business and I am definitely going to make earrings.

Personally I think a 40 percent refund is more than fair. I wish she were willing to work with you on this and just cut you a stone because it wouldn’t cost her much to fix this!

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
She must have deleted it; I’m glad you saw it, too because for a moment I though I imagined it! Really, that is super shady on her part, and like I said, I’m really disappointed. Personally your experience had given me pause; I was going to have her make earrings for me after my OMC project but I may just go through Starsgem. :(2 It’s a bummer because I wanted to give her more business and I am definitely going to make earrings.

Personally I think a 40 percent refund is more than fair. I wish she were willing to work with you on this and just cut you a stone because it wouldn’t cost her much to fix this!
That’s what I was thinking! It would be less expensive for her to cut a new stone. I even offered to pay shipping to return the old stone. At least Starsgem was willing to admit they messed up on my last order with them. I’m just more upset that she is being so stubborn over the entire situation. When she suggested I should have had it set in yellow gold because it would match the stone more I felt really cheated because that’s basically her way of admitting the stone isn’t GH.

miafab

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry I didn't see your msg in time. I already dropped them off at the jeweler (he's only 10 mins from me).

No worries ;-) I was just being greedy!
Post pictures of the earrings when you get them! That's so cool to have a trusted local jeweler.

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
8CE7ED96-7442-40FE-A4D9-787B57460EF7.png @baileydare16 @sd_flp
I have look up the post you mention, maybe this is the one?
It's a shame and i hope she will keep her promise. I have ordered a loose OMC G color just a few days ago and i hope mine won't be as yellow as yours.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
8CE7ED96-7442-40FE-A4D9-787B57460EF7.png @baileydare16 @sd_flp
I have look up the post you mention, maybe this is the one?
It's a shame and i hope she will keep her promise. I have ordered a loose OMC G color just a few days ago and i hope mine won't be as yellow as yours.
Thanks for finding it! That’s it!

I would keep that screenshot just in case. I hope yours turns out ok; another PSer got stones that were GH not too long ago and hers aren’t yellow. Please share so we see.

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for finding it! That’s it!

I would keep that screenshot just in case. I hope yours turns out ok; another PSer got stones that were GH not too long ago and hers aren’t yellow. Please share so we see.

When i receive my stone, i'll post it here!

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
Update: she’s now saying she used the best GH rough and had 3 stones cut and selected the best for me :roll: and she said she will sell me an EF stone for $280. I don’t really want to purchase a new stone

Last edited:

miafab

Rough_Rock
Update: she’s now saying she used the best GH rough and had 3 stones cut and selected the best for me :roll: and she said she will sell me an EF stone for $280. I don’t really want to purchase a new stone

Oh boy I'm so glad she's changed her stance. And so happy for you that you'll have your dream ering :D

Edit
Oh, sorry I thought she cut you a new stone? Or is she saying that the one she gave you originally was best of 3?

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
That’s ridiculous. I would just go to PayPal at this point. She isn’t bothering to give you a refund or an exchange unless you give her a lot more money.

You’ve given her enough chances. I wouldn’t entertain her anymore because she is clearly not budging.

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
That’s ridiculous. I would just go to PayPal at this point. She isn’t bothering to give you a refund or an exchange unless you give her a lot more money.

You’ve given her enough chances. I wouldn’t entertain her anymore because she is clearly not budging.
DABF2014-9C4B-4062-8C8E-D0CA7AFC240A.png 7F1FC176-3890-408E-8CD9-4FA507F42778.png 531DB607-B506-47E4-984B-829769CBBB76.png
So basically this is how the conversation went. after she read the message about shipping a new stone and then I’d ship the old one back she stopped replying and I’ve kinda ran out of patience so I sent her the message about PayPal. She wanted me to pay $280 for an EF stone and still send back the old stone. :snooty: When I sent her more pictures she said she didn’t get a profit from this ring (okay??) as if that is supposed to make me feel better about having a lower color stone than what I thought I was getting. I’m going to open a PayPal dispute tonight.

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
Oh boy I'm so glad she's changed her stance. And so happy for you that you'll have your dream ering :D

Edit
Oh, sorry I thought she cut you a new stone? Or is she saying that the one she gave you originally was best of 3?
She said the picked the best of the 3 she had cut. Then She offered to cut me a new stone if I paid $280 and sent the old stone back

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DABF2014-9C4B-4062-8C8E-D0CA7AFC240A.png 7F1FC176-3890-408E-8CD9-4FA507F42778.png 531DB607-B506-47E4-984B-829769CBBB76.png
So basically this is how the conversation went. after she read the message about shipping a new stone and then I’d ship the old one back she stopped replying and I’ve kinda ran out of patience so I sent her the message about PayPal. She wanted me to pay $280 for an EF stone and still send back the old stone. :snooty: When I sent her more pictures she said she didn’t get a profit from this ring (okay??) as if that is supposed to make me feel better about having a lower color stone than what I thought I was getting. I’m going to open a PayPal dispute tonight.
Enough is enough. Go to paypal. You aren't going to pay her more $$ for her to correct a MISTAKE THAT SHE MADE IN THE FIRST PLACE! That makes no sense.

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I just picked up my earrings. Here are a few more pictures and my thoughts.

Color: they are definitely G/H. My 5-stone OEC diamond ring is H/I colored. The center stone is GIA I color. The moissys are very comparable in color, although they lack a bit of the steeliness and depth of diamonds. IMG_20190511_161439703.jpg

Here are a couple of close ups. The moissys have a very pretty pattern under the table. But table is a bit too large for an OEC (IMO). I also wish I got smaller 5mm stones, so more of the rose gold "petal" setting could be seen.
IMG_20190511_155303764.jpg
IMG_20190511_154505950.jpg
On ear picture. It's impossible to get a good picture, so I gave up after 15 mins. This is the best of all the bad ones, lol.
IMG_20190511_162703277_HDR.jpg

Overall I'm very happy with them. They are definitely very pretty and sparkly.

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock

Color: they are definitely G/H. My 5-stone OEC diamond ring is H/I colored. The center stone is GIA I color. The moissys are very comparable in color, although they lack a bit of the steeliness and depth of diamonds. IMG_20190511_161439703.jpg

Here are a couple of close ups. The moissys have a very pretty pattern under the table. But table is a bit too large for an OEC (IMO). I also wish I got smaller 5mm stones, so more of the rose gold "petal" setting could be seen.
On ear picture. It's impossible to get a good picture, so I gave up after 15 mins. This is the best of all the bad ones, lol.

They look beautiful !

miafab

Rough_Rock

I love these!!
Thanks for the pictures! Now enjoy wearing them :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results