shape
carat
color
clarity

Mona (Instagram: moissy_diamond_jewelry) formerly fr. Starsgem

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Btw, I’m curious, did you ever complain to Tianyu?
I didn't-and I'm usually the one to complain! I got so tired of the time difference and waiting for responses that I didn't even bother. Plus, I couldn't find the email for the manager, and gave up. I know that's lame, but I was getting frustrated. :wall:

tonielle

Rough_Rock
I just ordered a 5 stone, 4mm H&A ring from her! Tianyu jacked-up the price $100 when I went to pay, so I got quotes from Starsgem and Mona. Mona came in $15 less than Stars and $200 less than Tianyu. She said it will take about two weeks to make. Can't wait!
can’t wait to see this!!!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't-and I'm usually the one to complain! I got so tired of the time difference and waiting for responses that I didn't even bother. Plus, I couldn't find the email for the manager, and gave up. I know that's lame, but I was getting frustrated. :wall:
Oh, no worries, I completely understand. I don’t think I would want to deal with them either if I were in your shoes.

My transaction with Mona is definitely my favorite compared to Tianyu and Diamondrensu. I never felt like I had to bother her for information about anything, whereas with the other two vendors I was afraid of annoying them. I can’t wait to see how your ring turns out! :mrgreen2:

cressyrose

Rough_Rock
Question: did anyone else have Mona tell them that the factories won't cut G coloured stones anymore?

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Question: did anyone else have Mona tell them that the factories won't cut G coloured stones anymore?
That is weird. Are they only going to cut colorless stones?

cressyrose

Rough_Rock
She said that they're out of stock for G stones, and that the factories would only cut colourless for single orders?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190401_102457.jpg
    Screenshot_20190401_102457.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, bummer...I wonder why that is? Not everyone likes colorless stones, she should know that. :(2 Especially with antique cuts; they look much better warmer than colorless. I think the very lowest I would go is F for antique cuts, but I’d rather have at least G.

That’s a real shame; I was going to ask her about getting a larger OEC in GH in a month or so but I guess not.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
She said that they're out of stock for G stones, and that the factories would only cut colourless for single orders?
That’s still really strange. She should at least offer lower color grades because it gives people options such as color preference and affordability. Perhaps it’s because she is so small the factories don’t want to cut warmer stones and only do colorless to get a larger profit margin? I’m speculating, of course.

cressyrose

Rough_Rock
Yeah I don't really know what's going on! I thought it was strange too and wanted to hear others' experiences, especially in recent weeks.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah I don't really know what's going on! I thought it was strange too and wanted to hear others' experiences, especially in recent weeks.
I will be honest...I love my OEC, but because it is colorless, I think it is hard to see the facets at times. It’s possible that it’s due to the size as it is 5.5mm...maybe the facets show up better in larger sizes. It’s still a very beautiful stone, though. I gave her a photo of how I wanted my OEC to look and I think she did a fabulous job. Here is what it looks like indoors, in the gem jar without the lid:

1BD1D2D3-B430-4E42-83C6-2D3FB25515FA.jpeg

I have a hard time letting it go because I love the cut but I’m not crazy about the color (or lack thereof). In any case, I emailed David Klass to see what kind of setting I should use with it. I’d hate to sell it. :cry2:

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

pierrotlunette

Shiny_Rock
This is how I contacted her for a quote on my 5 stone ring.
I would, too! I have a 5 stone ring in mind. Am waiting to see the earrings before I ask Mona for a quote.

tpl001

Rough_Rock
Excuse me for my poor video taking skill. Updates after 2 weeks of wearing this ring. The stone's big facets reflect a lot of fire.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
@tpl001 very beautiful, thanks for sharing this! :love:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you guys see the picture of the bluish gray moissanites she posted today? :kiss2:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvv5hd8n0n0/

Has anynone here bought coloured moissy before?

I havent bought from her but I have a light blue moissy that looks like aquamarine...here's a bad photo. It looks pretty to me but I couldn't tell the difference between light blue cz, moissy, aqua, and sky topaz to be honest.

15542383591391769900559592832378.jpg

Patricia84

Rough_Rock
Thank you for posting! It looks pretty! Did you get it from a Chinese vendor?

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Update with my OEC!

So as some of you know, I wasn't very happy with my colorless OEC. I ended up taking it to a jeweler near my work. I didn't go to my regular guy since I expected the stone to be a dud and I just wanted a quick opinion before I decided to list it for sale. The jeweler I went to was super nice and told me the stone was pretty and that I should set it. I was a little unsure, but he and his wife explained that it would look good in a prong setting. I chose an antique stuller setting I'm yellow gold and because I bought from him, he didn't charge me a setting fee! :mrgreen2:

I just picked it up today and ahhhh, I'm so happy with how it turned out! And it was less than $100...plus I have an old gold chain so I didn't need to buy a necklace.

I'm glad I kept it and I almost regret not putting it into a ring. :kiss2:

Here is my new cutie!
IMG_20190408_155244.jpg

Patricia84

Rough_Rock
I think it looks amazing!!! :kiss2:

pierrotlunette

Shiny_Rock
Okay - they're here! My 6 mm H&A studs arrived this afternoon. I'm very pleased with the settings and the stones are beautiful and very sparkly.

I will try to take some photos in different lighting environments and upload them tomorrow.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks amazing!!! :kiss2:
Thank you!!! I honestly was expecting the worst, but I love it way more than I thought I would! :kiss2:

Definitely gonna go back to this jeweler in case I want cheap Stuller settings. :mrgreen2: so, double win! Lol.

Last edited:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Okay - they're here! My 6 mm H&A studs arrived this afternoon. I'm very pleased with the settings and the stones are beautiful and very sparkly.

I will try to take some photos in different lighting environments and upload them tomorrow.
Oh wow, those are gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see how they look in different lights. Congrats! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results