shape
carat
color
clarity

Mona (Instagram: moissy_diamond_jewelry) formerly fr. Starsgem

tpl001

Rough_Rock
oh my godddddd I am dead. I need a champagne version of this so badly!
I want another in champagne color too but my hubby and my wallet would be very unhappy.:(2:(2:(2

P.S I just talked to Mona to get a rough estimation for the same ring design with 7x8mm champagne ACC stone 14K gold is less than $450.

Last edited:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you. This ring is platinum with 7x9mm ACC G/H color size 6. I got it made for $590 with paypal fee and shipping. During the making, Mona said the rough stone for this ring is in a good condition so it turned out DEF color after cut. Hence, I got it without extra charge. I guess lucky me.:clap::clap::clap:
I can't believe you got this ring (in platinum) for only $590 :eek-2:

Tianyu would charge much more for 14K white gold.

Dang, now I feel very, very conflicted right now!!! I want a large OEC. :cry2::lol-2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want another in champagne color too but my hubby and my wallet would be very unhappy.:(2:(2:(2

P.S I just talked to Mona to get a rough estimation for the same ring design with 7x8mm champagne ACC stone 14K gold is less than $450.
Gahhhh so tempting!!! What's the CT weight of 7*8?

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Gahhhh so tempting!!! What's the CT weight of 7*8?

2 carats :whistle: Just throwin’ that out there....

I’m an enabler. I wonder if Mona can get the same color rough as Tianyu? If she can do 9k or 10k gold like StarsGem, that would drop the price even further. Again, sorrynotsorry.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2 carats :whistle: Just throwin’ that out there....

I’m an enabler. I wonder if Mona can get the same color rough as Tianyu? If she can do 9k or 10k gold like StarsGem, that would drop the price even further. Again, sorrynotsorry.
Bahhhhh I am weakkkkkkk. But I seriously have so many stones to set!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
You and me both. I still haven't set my 5.5mm OEC (love it, though)...and my 6.5mm H&A/Brilliant is sitting on diamond bistro/loupe troop as we speak. I think I'm resigned to the fact that I'm stuck with the 6.5mm...although I'm debating on using the 6.5 stone as my pendant and throwing away the diamondrensu moissy. And yet I still want a large OEC!!! :love::(2

I definitely want to set the 5.5mm OEC into a ring and get my jeweler's opinion on what I setting I should do, but my jeweler hasn't given back my AV moissy yet. :cry2:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock

I wish I could take one or two off your hands :cry2: I totally would!

This is my logic....buy them now before prices skyrocket. We’ve all seen how Tianyu has gotten too big for their britches and are commanding nearly DK prices for their settings. At least if you have the loose stones, you can throw them in a stock Stuller or something later on. What’s sad, is for something simple, going that route is cheaper than Tianyu. They wanted over $700 for a simple three stone with near colorless H&As, which we all know are dirt cheap loose. StarsGem was over $300 less for the exact same thing.

I’m desperately wanting an 8x7 ACC from the new company that the thread was started on. It’s so gorgeous! But they don’t do custom settings so I’d have to have it set locally, which defeats the purpose of saving $$$ on the stone. It’s only $117 SHIPPED for IJ.

Sorry for derailing. Too much coffee this morning. :shock:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
You and me both. I still haven't set my 5.5mm OEC (love it, though)...and my 6.5mm H&A/Brilliant is sitting on diamond bistro/loupe troop as we speak. I think I'm resigned to the fact that I'm stuck with the 6.5mm...although I'm debating on using the 6.5 stone as my pendant and throwing away the diamondrensu moissy. And yet I still want a large OEC!!! :love::(2

I definitely want to set the 5.5mm OEC into a ring and get my jeweler's opinion on what I setting I should do, but my jeweler hasn't given back my AV moissy yet. :cry2:

I’ve seen DK reset a stone in a bezel and did an amazing job. Might wanna email him for a quote! I can’t imagine it being much.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I could take one or two off your hands :cry2: I totally would!

This is my logic....buy them now before prices skyrocket. We’ve all seen how Tianyu has gotten too big for their britches and are commanding nearly DK prices for their settings. At least if you have the loose stones, you can throw them in a stock Stuller or something later on. What’s sad, is for something simple, going that route is cheaper than Tianyu. They wanted over $700 for a simple three stone with near colorless H&As, which we all know are dirt cheap loose. StarsGem was over $300 less for the exact same thing.

I’m desperately wanting an 8x7 ACC from the new company that the thread was started on. It’s so gorgeous! But they don’t do custom settings so I’d have to have it set locally, which defeats the purpose of saving $$$ on the stone. It’s only $117 SHIPPED for IJ.

Sorry for derailing. Too much coffee this morning. :shock:
Do they have stock settings? Or just loose stones?

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve seen DK reset a stone in a bezel and did an amazing job. Might wanna email him for a quote! I can’t imagine it being much.
I probably should. His work is fantastic and I wouldn't mind sending them over to him to make the bezel look nice. :appl:

I've actually been in an annoyed mood this past week because I thought my other ring would be finished but it's still on the bench. sad :(( Since I'm still waiting on it I've been lusting after other things, even though I know I shouldn't. :roll2:

BTW, I completely agree with you about getting loose stones from Tianyu before they go up. Their prices for their fine jewelry are absolutely ridiculous. I like their moissanites but I can't justify spending so much on gold when I can get a reliable Stuller setting for about the same or less.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Do they have stock settings? Or just loose stones?

The new place? I can’t remember their name. Something -hoe is all I can remember. Starts with a W, lol.

They just do loose stones unless you want to buy a quantity of 20, haha! No custom or stock settings from what I understand.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

@sd_flp - I have a gorgeous 7.5 mm OEC in platinum from Tiyanu I’d part with. I ADORE it but I feel like it attracts too much attention on my size 4 finger. Don’t know if 7.5 mm is large enough for you but it’s too big more me even though I’ve loved it. I have a listing for something else on LT with the same username.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
@sd_flp - I have a gorgeous 7.5 mm OEC in platinum from Tiyanu I’d part with. I ADORE it but I feel like it attracts too much attention on my size 4 finger. Don’t know if 7.5 mm is large enough for you but it’s too big more me even though I’ve loved it. I have a listing for something else on LT with the same username.
I'll try to message you, although I think you're right, 7.5mm is rather large. We have similar finger sizes! :lol::D I'm a 3.75.

What is your listing so that I can email/message you on LT? :)

edit: nevermind, I found you. I'm sending you an email. ;-)

pierrotlunette

Shiny_Rock
Nice find! If this is her Etsy page, it's worth noting that she seems to have slightly higher prices here (which I assume accounts for the shipping). When I messaged her directly, the 6.0mm DEF Hearts & Arrows were $62/piece and the GH were $40. Mine were a tad larger, but with YG six prong baskets plus shipping, the cost for the earrings was just over $200.

Ok, ladies, I don't know how I keep finding these, but I am almost positive this is Mona's Etsy page...

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Monafinejewelry?ref=l2-shop-info-avatar&listing_id=689669553

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice find! If this is her Etsy page, it's worth noting that she seems to have slightly higher prices here (which I assume accounts for the shipping). When I messaged her directly, the 6.0mm DEF Hearts & Arrows were $62/piece and the GH were $40. Mine were a tad larger, but with YG six prong baskets plus shipping, the cost for the earrings was just over $200.

That might be to account for the added etsy fees, they are close to 10% if i remember correctly. I hesitate to find out how much prices went up since I inquired last year but glad to gave a new resource if/when I make up my mind on another moissy :)

pierrotlunette

Shiny_Rock
From what I've now gathered, Mona is sourcing moissanite from different factories. She sent me this video from one factory to show the GH color of her stones:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvMAcohnbDB/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

The stones she's using for my earrings, however, are coming from a different place:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvQ_sOhnUia/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

It's hard for me to compare the two because the lighting is so different. Any thoughts? I have really limited experience with moissanite, so I'm not certain how to evaluate the images I'm seeing. Also, since she's not just sourcing from one place, I'm wondering what the cutting standards will be from factory to another.

Last edited:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
From what I've now gathered, Mona is sourcing moissanite from different factories. She sent me this video from one factory to show the GH color of her stones:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvMAcohnbDB/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

The stones she's using for my earrings, however, are coming from a different place:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvQ_sOhnUia/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

It's hard for me to compare the two because the lighting is so different. Any thoughts? I have really limited experience with moissanite, so I'm not certain how to evaluate the images I'm seeing. Also, since she's not just sourcing from one place, I'm wondering what the cutting standards will be from factory to another.
It’s hard to see the difference between the two, tbh. But maybe that’s a good thing because it means they’ll be similar in quality? I think Mona will choose good stones regardless of the source. I was really happy with the stones she gave me, although I don’t know if they came from the same factory or not.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Here's something fun I had done with Mona:dance: I'd always wondered what rose cuts were like! I was pleasantly surprised at how sparkly it is. I do wish I'd gone for a larger sized stone, but I guess that'll be next time haha.

Mona was super helpful throughout the process, and very patient with me. Would gladly work with her again!

IMG_20190328_205533.jpg
Congrats! I was wondering whose ring this was because I couldn’t stop looking at it on Instagram. :kiss2: She did a beautiful job! I’m glad you love it, too! :love:

cressyrose

Rough_Rock
Thank you! :kiss2: it's really lovely!!

tpl001

Rough_Rock
Here's something fun I had done with Mona:dance: I'd always wondered what rose cuts were like! I was pleasantly surprised at how sparkly it is. I do wish I'd gone for a larger sized stone, but I guess that'll be next time haha.

Mona was super helpful throughout the process, and very patient with me. Would gladly work with her again!

IMG_20190328_205533.jpg

Congratulation on your new ring. I adore it.:clap::clap::clap:

tpl001

Rough_Rock
I recently toy with the idea of canary yellow stone on rose gold. Anyone has experience with those two warm color?

cressyrose

Rough_Rock
Thank you!!

No experience, but that sounds absolutely amazing. Here's one I've come across online:

Screenshot 2019-03-28 at 10.32.53 PM.png

(Not including the front view here because that seems to have been edited strangely to look yellow gold)

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_20190328_205533.jpg

I really love this! It’s beautiful! Enjoy!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Soooooo...I asked Mona if she can make 24K gold pieces and she said yes! :eek2: She doesn’t recommend it for rings as it is too soft (understandably), but it’s definitely an option for me if I want 24K gold earrings! :twisted:

Just thought I’d throw this out there :twisted2:

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just ordered a 5 stone, 4mm H&A ring from her! Tianyu jacked-up the price $100 when I went to pay, so I got quotes from Starsgem and Mona. Mona came in $15 less than Stars and $200 less than Tianyu. She said it will take about two weeks to make. Can't wait!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I just ordered a 5 stone, 4mm H&A ring from her! Tianyu jacked-up the price $100 when I went to pay, so I got quotes from Starsgem and Mona. Mona came in $15 less than Stars and $200 less than Tianyu. She said it will take about two weeks to make. Can't wait!
Oh, I’m so happy you’re going through Mona! :D She’s amazing. Btw, I’m curious, did you ever complain to Tianyu? I mainly ask because I was hoping that they would honor the old price or at least negotiate.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results