shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Mojito, aka 4.3 ct mint garnet in halo

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry I've been so remiss in posting, I've been in NYC (saw the Tiffany 128 ct diamond! And many, many other lovelies! Actually, the most bling in a short time that I've ever seen in my life.).

GemFever and Snicklefritz: thanks! You know you're a PSer when you start naming your stones! :lol:

Thanks DS, Chicago Girl, diamond envy, msop, Von, kenny, dtnyc, Scarlett, Tekate, ClassyRocks, BrightSpot, DandiAndi, Misskaity, mayday, briolette, Sharon, and Chrono!

TL, that's high praise coming from you, thank you so much! :bigsmile:

iota15, cooooommme to the daaaaaaaark side....MWAHAHAHAHAHA. ;-) :Up_to_something:

Thanks nowicanseethemoon, and Confection!

Chicago Girl...I don't know exactly what to tell newbies...I know there has been quite a bit of discussion in various threads about mints vs. tsavorites, and the changing terminology/marketing terms, you could probably search fairly easily. When I first got into gems (which isn't that long ago, especially compared to many on PS), I fell in love with Peter Torraca's square step cut mint, then this one. I also have one from Gene that isn't as blue, maybe isn't considered the "ideal" colour, but man, do I love it. It is so sparkly and pretty, and still a great colour. So...As with anything, I suggest you get what you like! And try not to overpay. ;-) There aren't nearly as many well saturated bluish green garnets (mints or tsavs), it seems, as there used to be (especially in larger sizes), but that doesn't mean the rest are dogs. I did have some hesitation setting this stone into a ring, to be honest, not necessarily because it's a garnet, but because of the rarity and size. However, I wanted to see this bad boy, so I'll just be really careful (as I am with all of my rings), and enjoy it. :)) Hope this makes sense, or sort of answers your questions. I have had a 5 year-old talking the WHOLE TIME I've been trying to write this. The current topic of the monologue is something about how baby dragons can't open doors because they're too small, so they can't reach the handles...

crj128

Rough_Rock
Everything about your ring is perfect!! SOOO beautiful! :D

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, crj128! :))

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so happy for you! The ring is wonderful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results