shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite rings from Starsgem on ebay (starsgem8)

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone have recent experience ordering from starsgem? I am thinking of ordering some 4x2mm emerald cuts, some 4x6mm for earrings and a 10x8mm center stone emerald. Any feedback is appreciated! tia!

A lot of us who hang out here have ordered several pieces from the Chinese companies so things have really slowed down. A lot of the more recent orders have taken place on reddit. I would take a look at the link and you can see recent projects with Tianyu and Starsgem. There are also some Black Friday deals I compiled over there.

Download the Reddit app here: https://reddit.app.link/wwu4bpjPtW

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
It's a moissanite so I don't know the clarity but it's DEF.

They always say VS clarity. It is lab made stone so inclusions are not always there. Sometimes you may get small prick holes or growth lines but not the black carbon spots you see in diamondss. They should be all eye clean.though.

cancoi

Rough_Rock
7E5A00A6-9D11-4DC8-9F15-AC7F4F461B67.jpeg
Hi all! I’m normally a Wb tramp but noted some awesome posts here so wanted to come across.
I’m waiting (not very patiently) for a dark green forest moissy with half moons in yellow gold — like inspiration above with with double prongs on centre stone and am agonising over a band to go with it. I’m leaning to plain but it will get quite lost i’d Imagine with this honker so it has to be different or unusual to hold its own.
I’ve been through tonnes of sites to find inspiration and I keep leaning towards plain metal yellow gold something either textured of curved. Or with engraving or leaves coming off or something..
What do you think?
I have gone over brilliant earth, vinny&Charles and kenanddanadesigns and I am gravitating towards leaf motifs or engraved band

How did your ring turn out? That dark green center is amazing. I’m thinking of a dark green center with either light green or light grey flanking stones.

LuckioneSKy

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone

My first post on PS. Thank you for your abundant information and reviews that gave me courage to reach out and order from Stars Gem and their moissanite. I'm embarking on this new journey...::excited dance::

I have been in touch with Eva. I hoped to request for this crushed ice cushion ring with the inspired photos below. Eva sent me the CAD and stone. Will you give me some feedback? Does the stone look crushed ice? Color? :oops2:

Inspired ring from RingComes
E9BFE915-31F7-4C49-8759-99B67566C2B6.jpeg
6C9E0BCD-22B6-43A8-AA84-C059362D5D67.png
Stone and CAD from Stars Gem.

63A9F7A2-8EE7-421C-AE98-A4C414FE429C.jpeg
ADB0F65C-8381-4CC0-9D77-6FD4D116BEBE.jpeg

Last edited:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone

My first post on PS. Thank you for your abundant information and reviews that gave me courage to reach out and order from Stars Gem and their moissanite. I'm embarking on this new journey...::excited dance::

I have been in touch with Eva. I hoped to request for this crushed ice cushion ring with the inspired photos below. Eva sent me the CAD and stone. Will you give me some feedback? Does the stone look crushed ice? Color? :oops2:

Inspired ring from RingComes
E9BFE915-31F7-4C49-8759-99B67566C2B6.jpeg
6C9E0BCD-22B6-43A8-AA84-C059362D5D67.png
Stone and CAD from Stars Gem.

63A9F7A2-8EE7-421C-AE98-A4C414FE429C.jpeg
ADB0F65C-8381-4CC0-9D77-6FD4D116BEBE.jpeg

It is always hard to give an opinion on the stone through pictures because they are poor quality. You need to bump the band up a bit. At least to 2 mm because they will polish off another .2 mm from this measurement.

I have a cushion this size exactly from SG. They are very, very deep so this ring will be quite tall. I would never recommend a cushion this size on such a thin band or with a peg head. I had mine in a basket setting and it almost looked like an ice cube balancing on the band. If you knock this, the peg head will bend because their platinum is so soft. If it was gold, that would be a little stronger but you still have to be very careful.

A ring like this will have a hard time standing up because of all the weight. The crushed ice cushion’s are also not going to have a ton of sparkle either in this size. Sorry about so much bad news but I would rather be honest about what you are going to get unless this is just a fun fashion ring.

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
It is always hard to give an opinion on the stone through pictures because they are poor quality. You need to bump the band up a bit. At least to 2 mm because they will polish off another .2 mm from this measurement.

I have a cushion this size exactly from SG. They are very, very deep so this ring will be quite tall. I would never recommend a cushion this size on such a thin band or with a peg head. I had mine in a basket setting and it almost looked like an ice cube balancing on the band. If you knock this, the peg head will bend because their platinum is so soft. If it was gold, that would be a little stronger but you still have to be very careful.

A ring like this will have a hard time standing up because of all the weight. The crushed ice cushion’s are also not going to have a ton of sparkle either in this size. Sorry about so much bad news but I would rather be honest about what you are going to get unless this is just a fun fashion ring.

As always, your posts are SO helpful! I needed a distraction, so and I saw your comment. I'm confident you'll help this person get the design / stone / ring that will work for them! Thanks for all of your help -- you are the best!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
As always, your posts are SO helpful! I needed a distraction, so and I saw your comment. I'm confident you'll help this person get the design / stone / ring that will work for them! Thanks for all of your help -- you are the best!

I know...I probably owe you an email!

LuckioneSKy

Rough_Rock

Ahh... I wished that I had posted much earlier. I think the ring is being made at this very moment. Your note and advice make a lot of sense! :eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

I got it completely over my head for keep increasing the size of the stone. I should have kept it much smaller. Ohhh nooo!!!!

What did you end up doing with your ring? Should I cancel the ring order now?

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Ahh... I wished that I had posted much earlier. I think the ring is being made at this very moment. Your note and advice make a lot of sense! :eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

I got it completely over my head for keep increasing the size of the stone. I should have kept it much smaller. Ohhh nooo!!!!

What did you end up doing with your ring? Should I cancel the ring order now?

I think if you paid and it is in production already, it is hard to stop the process because they are pretty quick. See how you like it. I would take it off when you are home or doing anything very physical so it doesn’t dent or bend. The platinum is alloyed with palladium so it is so much softer then what they use in the US. If you don’t end up loving it, you can resell on Loupe Troop or Diamond Bistro.

I also made the mistake of going too big on some of my rings. I think an 11x9 cushion can sit lower then when I did the 11x10 but it is kind of dependent on the setting. I have purchased everything from .50 all the way up to 5 carat equivalents now and I think in the 2-2.5 carats are a much better size for every day wear. It wasn’t so much the face up size, but the height became pretty hard to deal with.

lovebezels

Rough_Rock
I finally purchased a loose moissanite stone from Starsgem. 7.5mm, h&a cut. The photo in the gem jar is inside and the second is outside.

My starsgem moissanite #2.jpg My starsgem moissanite.jpg

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I am a magpie, so I have several things in the works with SG at the moment.

They made two rings for me last year that I'm super happy with, so I went a little ham once my company reopened to get a few more pieces that I'd been thinking about.

I have a 7mm radiant ring coming, as well as a cushion cut 5 stone trellis ring, and I just ordered an emerald cut 5 stone as well. I'm hoping to ride out lab diamond prices for a year or two and buy the same emerald cut ring with lab diamonds, but I am impatient!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a magpie, so I have several things in the works with SG at the moment.

They made two rings for me last year that I'm super happy with, so I went a little ham once my company reopened to get a few more pieces that I'd been thinking about.

I have a 7mm radiant ring coming, as well as a cushion cut 5 stone trellis ring, and I just ordered an emerald cut 5 stone as well. I'm hoping to ride out lab diamond prices for a year or two and buy the same emerald cut ring with lab diamonds, but I am impatient!

I need to see pics of all these pieces you are receiving!

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I need to see pics of all these pieces you are receiving!

Only one has arrived, a pear bezel pendant. I don't ADORE it, but I don't hate it either. I should have gone smaller on the stone, but I mean, it's not a hardship to wear a giant shiny pear.

IMG_20200618_160944.jpg

Still pending:

7mm square radiant in platinum w/ pave shank - this one had a manufacturing error and so I'm waiting for new pics.
5 stone cushion band
5 stone 9x7 emerald cut with baguette sides. Waiting for a CAD on this

and from Tianyu, checking out their version of the Tiffany True cut in a solitaire.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I just got a quote for a French cut eternity ring. I should have bought it last year when I was quoted $300ish...it’s now $460. Argh. I guess I’ll put that one in the back burner until the price of gold goes down. :(2

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I just got a quote for a French cut eternity ring. I should have bought it last year when I was quoted $300ish...it’s now $460. Argh. I guess I’ll put that one in the back burner until the price of gold goes down. :(2

Yeah...the price of gold right now is crazy! I don’t expect it to go down as long as the virus is going on. It is frustrating how expensive everything is right now!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah...the price of gold right now is crazy! I don’t expect it to go down as long as the virus is going on. It is frustrating how expensive everything is right now!

@swaye2010 I know. :confused2: I came back to PS to restart some projects and was disappointed to see that prices were much higher than what I remember. I’ve been wanting to get a French cut eternity ring forever, but I can’t justify the price that it is right now. Ugh.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
@swaye2010 I know. :confused2: I came back to PS to restart some projects and was disappointed to see that prices were much higher than what I remember. I’ve been wanting to get a French cut eternity ring forever, but I can’t justify the price that it is right now. Ugh.

I would say that the prices with Starsgem are much cheaper right now compared to Tianyu. I just priced out a pendant with Ella. I said to get rid of the chain and just do the pendant on this Tiffany replica. It is still over $600 in 14K. If you look at gold prices over the last year is over $1700 a ounce up from $1400, which is crazy. I don’t think the prices of moissanite have gone up, it is related to just the cost of gold. There is just so much instability in the market. I know these are first world problems but I hate it when even the cheaper pieces are now so expensive.

This necklace is so pretty and I really wanted it. I might price it with SG just to see. I was hoping to get it as a gift for a friend as well but $600 is a bit too high. They also have all these colored lab diamonds right now which I have been going crazy over these colors.

9EFB3F8D-1DDB-4F43-ADDF-CF5C5C357ECC.png
Yes pleeez! I would like the blue pear, the pink Asscher and the yellow cushion!

E7A45EBD-DF51-45A4-994D-BFEAB3C6A886.jpeg

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I would say that the prices with Starsgem are much cheaper right now compared to Tianyu. I just priced out a pendant with Ella. I said to get rid of the chain and just do the pendant on this Tiffany replica. It is still over $600 in 14K. If you look at gold prices over the last year is over $1700 a ounce up from $1400, which is crazy. I don’t think the prices of moissanite have gone up, it is related to just the cost of gold. There is just so much instability in the market. I know these are first world problems but I hate it when even the cheaper pieces are now so expensive.

This necklace is so pretty and I really wanted it. I might price it with SG just to see. I was hoping to get it as a gift for a friend as well but $600 is a bit too high. They also have all these colored lab diamonds right now which I have been going crazy over these colors.

9EFB3F8D-1DDB-4F43-ADDF-CF5C5C357ECC.png
Yes pleeez! I would like the blue pear, the pink Asscher and the yellow cushion!

E7A45EBD-DF51-45A4-994D-BFEAB3C6A886.jpeg

I’m hoping that by end of this year or early next year gold will go down a little (I can hope!!! Lol). I feel a little bad because Demi was trying to keep in touch on and off throughout 2019 and early 2020, but I was busy with other things. Now that I am ready to buy it’s all insanely expensive! I can’t justify spending over $400 for a tiny 3.5 US size eternity ring made up of moissanites. I have my limits. :lol-2::oops:

That pendant is gorgeous and those fancy lab diamonds are crazy!!! :kiss2: I actually just got engaged and handpicked my own lab from James Allen (I posted it on one of the threads a couple days ago), so I’m all for starting some diamond projects, too. :) I love that Starsgem has moved on to make different colored diamonds! it was only last year they debuted white lab diamonds; I can’t believe they have done so much within this past year! Now if only the gold would go down...

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
@sd_flp @swaye2010
Congratulations!! @sd_flp
I got a quote last week from Tianyu for a solitaire ring, price difference between 18k and platinum was only $80,-. So i went for platinum :)

Last edited:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
@sd_flp @swaye2010
Congratulations!! @sd_flp
I got a quote last week from Tianyu for a solitaire ring, price difference between 18k and platinum was only $80,-. So i went for platinum :)

Aww, thank you! =)2 :kiss2: It’s funny, I used what I knew about moissanites along with info from other PS forums to help pick out a decent cut diamond. I would have been clueless if it weren’t for my previous moissy obsession. :lol:

Having said that I still love moissy. I like being able to explore different cuts without the diamond price tag, not to mention I feel more carefree with using my pieces!

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
Aww, thank you! =)2 :kiss2: It’s funny, I used what I knew about moissanites along with info from other PS forums to help pick out a decent cut diamond. I would have been clueless if it weren’t for my previous moissy obsession. :lol:

Having said that I still love moissy. I like being able to explore different cuts without the diamond price tag, not to mention I feel more carefree with using my pieces!

Yes i love moissanite too and like you said, gives you the chance to explore different cuts without the diamond price tag!
I wish i love them in bigger sizes (7mm+) too but the rainbow flashes are a little bit too much for me.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Yes i love moissanite too and like you said, gives you the chance to explore different cuts without the diamond price tag!
I wish i love them in bigger sizes (7mm+) too but the rainbow flashes are a little bit too much for me.
I’m debating on adding an asscher from Starsgem, since loose stones are still reasonably priced. I did think about asking Demi for an OEC last night but I still would rather have one from AV/Distinctive Gem. We’ll see; I can see myself going down this rabbit hole all over again. :lol:

I think one of the limitations about moissy for me would be the “shallowness”; I don’t go for every large stones (the largest ring stone I have right now is 6.6 mm...and I’m finding this to be very big :oops:), but I still see the lack of depth in all my moissys under certain light conditions. They’re still gorgeous for the most part, although occasionally I wish I didn’t see that shallow quality.

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
I’m debating on adding an asscher from Starsgem, since loose stones are still reasonably priced. I did think about asking Demi for an OEC last night but I still would rather have one from AV/Distinctive Gem. We’ll see; I can see myself going down this rabbit hole all over again. :lol:

I think one of the limitations about moissy for me would be the “shallowness”; I don’t go for every large stones (the largest ring stone I have right now is 6.6 mm...and I’m finding this to be very big :oops:), but I still see the lack of depth in all my moissys under certain light conditions. They’re still gorgeous for the most part, although occasionally I wish I didn’t see that shallow quality.

I think you should go for Distinctive Gem, their OEC's seems very beautiful. I probably won't see them IRL because of 25% tax & duty :bigsmile:
This rabbit hole is really dangerous and so bad for my wallet lol

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finally bit the bullet and ordered a marquise. I'll be putting it in my original yellow gold solitaire. Now comes the wait for it to get here. Maybe by then, my jeweler will even be open?

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I finally bit the bullet and ordered a marquise. I'll be putting it in my original yellow gold solitaire. Now comes the wait for it to get here. Maybe by then, my jeweler will even be open?

I’m curious to see how well cut it turned out! Did Starsgem have one in stock or did you need to have one cut for you?

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sd_flp
She didn't say, I didn't think to ask. But I'm thinking it needs to be cut, as far as I know, it hasn't been shipped yet.
That's assuming they will let me know that it's been shipped, so I have an idea of when it will arrive? I may have to go back and ask.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shipped July 9
Not rushing, this being COVID times and all, but the predicted date of delivery is Aug 22. Is that a conservative prediction?
How long has shipping taken from Starsgem to the US in the somewhat recent past?

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Shipped July 9
Not rushing, this being COVID times and all, but the predicted date of delivery is Aug 22. Is that a conservative prediction?
How long has shipping taken from Starsgem to the US in the somewhat recent past?

Do you know what method they shipped? I usually did DHL express and it was delivered within a week after the item was picked up, although it was pretty expensive (I can’t recall but I think I paid $30-40).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results