shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite rings from Starsgem on ebay (starsgem8)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@swaye2010 and @anangel I love both of your pieces!!! @anangel SGs pics are seriously terrible. Your set looks so much better in your pics than theirs! I had the same issue with my stones....they looked awful in the sg pics, and amazing in person.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
It’s getting late so I will post this in other places tomorrow but I wanted to let everyone know that Tianyu is now selling lab diamonds too. Ella is going to get me a price list tomorrow. Thought I would mention it here for reference.

Mamicee

Rough_Rock
It’s here!! Sun is going down, but I still caught a few shots with those arrows popping. The band fits without a gap, and the lab diamonds are clean with lots of sparkle.
4FA90503-BC77-4E27-AF9B-8C04B3F4D9F1.jpeg EDDAEC3F-3210-4361-B81C-C84B487D748A.jpeg
Once again, I’m impressed with the quality and price. Maybe someday they can work on their photos ;)2

Wow I’m impressed. The h&a Cut looks amazing compared to my 3 stone ring I had done last month. Was yours a custom cut H&A? Could you pls share your CAD with me? I would love to see. :)

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I’m impressed. The h&a Cut looks amazing compared to my 3 stone ring I had done last month. Was yours a custom cut H&A? Could you pls share your CAD with me? I would love to see. :)
I told them strong arrows- it wasn’t a custom cut, but it was my second order with Demi, and sent her several pictures of what I wanted in my stone.
Here are the CADs:
The solitaire cad actually came from someone on Reddit- their ring looked so amazing, I didn’t want to change a thing about it.
A35ED5FD-BEB5-4A9C-9610-67F0C8E8D939.jpeg
The band is pretty straight forward- low enough to sit pretty flush with the solitaire, and it looks nice with a few other rings I tried it with last night.
A3051B80-CFE3-4CCA-A7E0-712B6E204799.jpeg
I’m really glad I got this set. I say this every time, but I think that may be it for my projects for the time being.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys, new here and been admiring all these lovely rings for a long time. Looking for some advice ordering a ring.

For the standard sizes moissanites (i.e. non-custom) were you able to pick and choose the stone, or did the rep just pick one out for you?

@sd_flp - I am loving your cushion! Is that what is called the OMC? or ACC? How are you liking the performance so far?

For ladies on here who had their rings made with side stones - how has it held up? I have read on WB that some people's stones have fallen out. Wondering if I can tell them to make it more secure somehow (beefier prongs?) or just get the setting made by my local jeweler.
Sorry for my late reply! I haven't been active on PS as much due to dealing with life issues. :lol::oops: And thanks! I call it OMC (Old Mine Cut), but people mostly use ACC (Antique Cushion Cut)/OMC interchangeably. I just say OMC because when most people think ACC, they think of the elongated version, which is more popular among PSers.

I personally like the square one because it reminds me of the Old European Cut (OEC) in square form. I wanted to take a break from rounds and I like the OMC better than I thought I would. I don't notice it going "dark", which is a plus.

Muimui

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know how Starsgem are with getting a setting with knife edge milgrain?

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone know how Starsgem are with getting a setting with knife edge milgrain?
Do you have an inspiration picture? I’m having trouble envisioning knife edge milgrain.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
@anangel I LOVE your set!
Thanks :kiss2: it’s funny, I bought my first diamond over one carat this year, but I still really love my moissanite. It’s so nice to be able to try new cuts, pick up a few classic styles (I can’t tell you how long I wanted a trellis setting like this new set), and have fun (and frustration at times) being a part of the process.
I don’t know if I would jump at another diamond unless it was truly a once in a lifetime deal (did any of you follow the Costco princess stud thread?.. :lol:).
Anyways, thanks @lovedogs you are one of my favorite people on this board.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I do.
ka0148aa_RG_2_4ygg-ya@2x.jpg
This is very specific and that is definitely a hand etched border. It looks more like indents then raised miligrain. If I were you, I would buy the loose moissnaite and either the smaller melee in lab diamonds or moissanite and have it made more locally or with an online vendor. I am sure they will attempt this design for you but I think you would have a better result by having a US based vendor make it.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am the queen of indecision. Still pondering what to get to put in my original yellow gold solitaire.

So here's today's question: Has anyone bought/seen their 'light yellow I-J" stones? I'm looking at an oval or elongated cushion most likely. Maybe marquise. (See what mean? I can't decide!)

Anyway, while I automatically thought I'd go with a near colorless stone, I noticed that they have some of the light yellows listed, they are understandably lower priced, and immediately available.

Then I was thinking that my diamond is actually a non-certified K, and the color has never bothered me. Even more so when it was set in the yellow ring. So these would be less tinted, right? Maybe? What do you think?

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I am the queen of indecision. Still pondering what to get to put in my original yellow gold solitaire.

So here's today's question: Has anyone bought/seen their 'light yellow I-J" stones? I'm looking at an oval or elongated cushion most likely. Maybe marquise. (See what mean? I can't decide!)

Anyway, while I automatically thought I'd go with a near colorless stone, I noticed that they have some of the light yellows listed, they are understandably lower priced, and immediately available.

Then I was thinking that my diamond is actually a non-certified K, and the color has never bothered me. Even more so when it was set in the yellow ring. So these would be less tinted, right? Maybe? What do you think?
I feel like them calling the I-J light yellow means it isn’t exactly a GIA standard of I-J. I think it will be more obviously yellow than the hint of color you would expect in a diamond with the same grade.
That being said, if they’re cheap enough, why not order one? ;)2

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like them calling the I-J light yellow means it isn’t exactly a GIA standard of I-J. I think it will be more obviously yellow than the hint of color you would expect in a diamond with the same grade.
That being said, if they’re cheap enough, why not order one? ;)2

I have been feeling the same, that they are lower than a GIA I-J. Looking at the photos on Ebay, I'm thinking more like an L-M? While I agree some of them really are cheap, but even at the $38 the oval is, I'd rather not spend the $ if I know it is clearly a pale yellow. I tend to think it whats...what could I buy with that $38? 2.5 pizzas! Not that I don't like yellow (see my profile pic!) But if I get yellow, I want it to be YELLOW. ;-)

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
@anangel I saw that too! But Tianyu has been increasing their prices.. quite a bummer.
Don’t forget that have a coupon code for 3% off anything over $500 or 5% off anything over $1000. Not sure if they would match a price from another vendor but it doesn’t hurt to ask?

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I have been feeling the same, that they are lower than a GIA I-J. Looking at the photos on Ebay, I'm thinking more like an L-M? While I agree some of them really are cheap, but even at the $38 the oval is, I'd rather not spend the $ if I know it is clearly a pale yellow. I tend to think it whats...what could I buy with that $38? 2.5 pizzas! Not that I don't like yellow (see my profile pic!) But if I get yellow, I want it to be YELLOW. ;-)
I would say they have a buttery tinge to them. Definitely in the L/M diamond equivalent range. I believe @lovedogs got her ‘moval’ and maybe a cushion from them in the I/J range. If you look back a few pages, it should be there or maybe she can post another pic if she see’s this. The photo’s they sent her were terrible but it looked much better once she received them.

I have tried the canary yellow ones like your avatar in crushed ice and they were not good. Had sort of a green tinge to them.

Megra_amazona

Rough_Rock

I bought an IJ marquise moissanite from starsgem. It is visibly yellowish beside an IN Emerald cut moissanite. Here’s a video:

https://imgur.com/gallery/LbWEMTk

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought an IJ marquise moissanite from starsgem. It is visibly yellowish beside an IN Emerald cut moissanite. Here’s a video:

https://imgur.com/gallery/LbWEMTk

@Megra_amazona
Thank you for that video! That is even more than I was looking for and perfect for what I need to know. Those marquise are beautiful, but yes, I can see the yellow. Now I know that if I choose a marquise (leaning there this morning)
to go for something whiter. Thanks again!

llc328

Rough_Rock
The sun was going down when mine arrived too so I didn’t have much time. I like this ACC so much better with diamond side stones. The double refraction was driving me crazy in my first version of this ring. This one sits lower and faces up smaller than the squarer version of the other ACC with the ruby collar. I thought it might end up being too high that I was considering replacing it with my Asscher aqua that is coming tomorrow. I think I like it as it is though after wearing it for a few hours now so I will keep it as is. I also got back the remade Tianyu solitaire knife edge. It is very pretty but I don’t think I like the modern rounds as much in moissanite so I think I will sell that one.

Couple pic’s. Not great lighting because the sun was going down but the video looks ok.
5F6FC527-792D-4BCF-9B2A-27DEDB34DEBE.jpeg 4B4676B9-91CE-440E-808A-93E27B2E7D43.jpeg E87AC434-8A08-4A61-A2DA-38B29AF34C7B.jpeg A09F46D2-C90E-4C3E-BF86-316A5308730A.jpeg 5E95E532-8805-4C31-A942-C5F455B11E00.jpeg B5B13650-1287-4E54-B0C0-8B27F3C50A8B.jpeg
https://imgur.com/a/7ZZ3JLa

And...only because I have nowhere else to show this at the moment...this is the Aqua and I have to figure out what to do with it. Maybe another baguette simple 3 stone but with longer tapers?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Shinypreci..._to_show/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Edited to add - I forgot to mention that this guy cuts moissanites as well. If you are interested in loose stones and want precision cuts, this is the way to buy it from a Midwest based person who does not charge by the carat. It is just the rough prices, shipping and a $75 cut fee. The aqua was under $300 for a 9x9 and I also got a 2 carat yellow tourmaline for less than $280. His moissanite prices have been even cheaper then this and you are not restricted to just the typical diamond shapes either. He is working with a group that decided to pool their skills to keep up with the demand on reddit and you can find out more on r/shinypreciousgems or just ask and I can get you the additional info.

Love LOVE the engraving on this ring! .....it’s Absolutely beautiful ..I also replied to you on the Tianyugems thread . .. @swaye2010

Muimui

Rough_Rock
Don’t forget that have a coupon code for 3% off anything over $500 or 5% off anything over $1000. Not sure if they would match a price from another vendor but it doesn’t hurt to ask?
It's alright. Most of the post seems to recommend Starsgem for OMC, so I'll try that.
If I'm getting the ring set in Rose Gold, would you ladies recommend DEF colour or can I drop down to GH colour? Has anyone ordered a GH colour moissanite from SG and it's too yellow?

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
It's alright. Most of the post seems to recommend Starsgem for OMC, so I'll try that.
If I'm getting the ring set in Rose Gold, would you ladies recommend DEF colour or can I drop down to GH colour? Has anyone ordered a GH colour moissanite from SG and it's too yellow?
GH is great for the OMC! I have an enlongated antique cushion in DEF set in rose gold. It is lovely, and truly colorless, but I hear the GH has a smidge more dept.
pic for reference
1950ACAB-CC19-4420-92FD-24728E54516C.jpeg

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I have a GH OMC...it’s actually my avatar. It’s not yellow at all. It’s more “steely” and less icy than DEF, in my opinion. :D

I know it looks like it’s reflecting yellow, but it doesn’t. Here’s a couple pics of it:

20190503_181550.jpg
CC86273F-4AA8-450E-A4BF-08A62B1F1C5B.jpeg
FE1C6281-A837-475E-95B4-F948CFD4DF5A.jpeg

Muimui

Rough_Rock
GH is great for the OMC! I have an enlongated antique cushion in DEF set in rose gold. It is lovely, and truly colorless, but I hear the GH has a smidge more dept.
pic for reference
1950ACAB-CC19-4420-92FD-24728E54516C.jpeg

So the Centre stone in your pictures is a DEF?
Because I'm use to DEF colours, I'm not sure if I can accept GH. Arg

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
The G/H color is still very white. I think the ACC is a little different because you get a mirrored effect which is kind of the steely grey color mentioned. In natural light though, they look very white to me and have that depth. If you love really white stones though, then go for the DEF.

I have had 3 so far but here is one that is a good representation of G/H color.
32A9BA10-EF4D-414C-87C4-BE3AD2522854.jpeg

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is DEF- if you want it truly white, then DEF is a good option. I just got a GH round from SG and I like the steely color it has.
Here is a GH round- apples and oranges in terms of cut, but both moissanite from the same vendor
3E366606-C4CB-4097-A0D7-C3C3B4A59B1B.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results