shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite rings from Starsgem on ebay (starsgem8)

Mamicee

Rough_Rock
I did tell ya to do 2.5!! I think if you want it a bit thinner, you might try to have them polish it down a bit more. They might be able to do it and it’s harder if you have to do it locally because they might not being willing to work with moissanite.
Ugh I know! I should have listened to you!! I knew it it was someone on here that told me ! darn it. Demi already shipped it out yesterday, I had no idea they could polish it down do you know anyone else that would be willing to thin it out for me that works with moissanite? I may consider! Haha or if I end up liking it in person then I’ll keep it as is.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh I know! I should have listened to you!! I knew it it was someone on here that told me ! darn it. Demi already shipped it out yesterday, I had no idea they could polish it down do you know anyone else that would be willing to thin it out for me that works with moissanite? I may consider! Haha or if I end up liking it in person then I’ll keep it as is.
It is going to be a bit thick but probably not too bad. Wear it for a few days and see how you feel about. It. If I remember, you have a very small finger size which is why I suggested to keep it slightly smaller. I have had a hard time finding anyone local to work on my moissanite rings. They all say that they could damage it from applying heat but I did manage to get one of them sized. Most of my other stuff i send to my jeweler in LA but I have not had anyone polish a ring down but it should be possible to do. Update us when you get it. I have a feeling it will be ok though.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhhh my stones are done!!! Haha I wonder if they check these boards. Waiting on a video, but here are cell phone pics from the rep

Screenshot_20190528-200438_WhatsApp.jpg
What a tease! That pic is really poor!!
No reflection of your stones of course, it’s just nice to have accurate pictures.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a tease! That pic is really poor!!
No reflection of your stones of course, it’s just nice to have accurate pictures.
Right???? I asked her to send me a video before the stones are sent out. Bc I can't tell anything from what she sent me

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Right???? I asked her to send me a video before the stones are sent out. Bc I can't tell anything from what she sent me
It would be nice if they posted the video in a room with some natural light. I wish they were not giving you such bad service. I might say something to Cherry just in general. The least they could do is send it right the first time because it just takes more time to ask for it again.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I already put this on rockytalk about 3D printing for rings so I won’t repeat the whole thing over here. I just thought I would show what the rings look like after coming out of the 3D printer and being polished and the stones reset.

First ring is 11x9 ACC in G/H with .40 tcw diamond baguettes. Prongs need to get fixed and miligrain & engraving still needs to be done.

Second ring is the Tianyu solitaire that I bent out of shape and had redone and made a little thicker in a stronger platinum (PT950/RU). This is a 10mm H&A in G/H.

Last ring was a cheap diamond 5 stone that I bought off eBay. The diamonds were good but the setting needed to be redone. It is nice and low and sits very well with the solitaire. This was slightly more than the moissanite route but not by much. The lab diamond version though would have been cheaper through. If they had been available at the time, I would have gone that route.

8307533C-4C38-4E7C-9F06-F3F3A7E20A47.jpeg
765D79AB-7AE2-48CB-9D05-ADBBDF60D972.jpeg
4A74623B-8082-4491-A48E-28471EB5F5CB.jpeg
5B3D7EC1-1938-4FFC-9126-181E04882F6C.jpeg
759FBC2E-96BB-45A7-9C0C-844C3EEF2F8E.jpeg
CFD9E423-451A-4C4D-9F8D-244C816A116A.jpeg

Attachments

• D93C29C9-F289-45DE-895A-04257288A7DE.jpeg
    D93C29C9-F289-45DE-895A-04257288A7DE.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 110

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I already put this on rockytalk about 3D printing for rings so I won’t repeat the whole thing over here. I just thought I would show what the rings look like after coming out of the 3D printer and being polished and the stones reset.

First ring is 11x9 ACC in G/H with .40 tcw diamond baguettes. Prongs need to get fixed and miligrain & engraving still needs to be done.

Second ring is the Tianyu solitaire that I bent out of shape and had redone and made a little thicker in a stronger platinum (PT950/RU). This is a 10mm H&A in G/H.

Last ring was a cheap diamond 5 stone that I bought off eBay. The diamonds were good but the setting needed to be redone. It is nice and low and sits very well with the solitaire. This was slightly more than the moissanite route but not by much. The lab diamond version though would have been cheaper through. If they had been available at the time, I would have gone that route.

8307533C-4C38-4E7C-9F06-F3F3A7E20A47.jpeg
765D79AB-7AE2-48CB-9D05-ADBBDF60D972.jpeg
4A74623B-8082-4491-A48E-28471EB5F5CB.jpeg
5B3D7EC1-1938-4FFC-9126-181E04882F6C.jpeg
759FBC2E-96BB-45A7-9C0C-844C3EEF2F8E.jpeg
CFD9E423-451A-4C4D-9F8D-244C816A116A.jpeg
Oooh...are these by your stepson? They look nice! =)2

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would be nice if they posted the video in a room with some natural light. I wish they were not giving you such bad service. I might say something to Cherry just in general. The least they could do is send it right the first time because it just takes more time to ask for it again.
I KNOW! They sent the terrible picture this morning (10 hours ago), and still no video. It's just frustrating.

pierrotlunette

Shiny_Rock
@pierrotlunette btw, how do you like your 5 stone ring? I wanted to do this project a while back but wasn't sure on how big I wanted the stones...plus now I think I'd rather go the lab diamond route in the future as the prices aren't terrible.

Ok, all, I know I post way too much about this cushion but I just wore mine out today for work (I don’t wear my rings at home, plus it’s been cloudy the last few days) and I cannot stop looking at it. :love: It sparkles like crazy and I feel like the chunky facets make it look bigger than it really is.

I might consider changing the head, but the setting is still very pretty and because of the cut, I don't think it looks like a traditional engagement ring. In a sense I'm kinda glad the setting turned out the way it did. :D

BA5A7680-87AB-4560-B411-41643C35AAAD.jpeg CC86273F-4AA8-450E-A4BF-08A62B1F1C5B.jpeg FE1C6281-A837-475E-95B4-F948CFD4DF5A.jpeg
I LOVE that cushion on you! It's really elegant and striking.

I've been pretty pleased with my five stone, which is a little sparkle monster. My only quibble is that one part of the setting is slightly crooked...but it's less noticeable if I flip the ring over and put the wonky part on the bottom. The stones are all 4 mm, GH: 0509191711_HDR~2.jpg 0509191711b~2.jpg
If you are thinking of getting one made and want my CAD info., let me know!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE that cushion on you! It's really elegant and striking.

I've been pretty pleased with my five stone, which is a little sparkle monster. My only quibble is that one part of the setting is slightly crooked...but it's less noticeable if I flip the ring over and put the wonky part on the bottom. The stones are all 4 mm, GH: 0509191711_HDR~2.jpg 0509191711b~2.jpg
If you are thinking of getting one made and want my CAD info., let me know!
Thanks! :love: You’re so nice! :kiss2: I do think that Starsgem makes a great OMC/ACC, regardless of whether it’s the square or elongated version. I definitely think their antique cushions look closer to AV’s ideal cuts...but that’s just me.

And thanks for letting me know about the 5 stone ring! I’m glad you love it. I was worried that 4mm would look too busy, but yours looks perfect! I think I saw your CAD a few pages back, so I can just grab it from there. ;)2 I definitely want to do a 5 stone ring once I get my OEC ring out of the way...I’ve been meaning to make this and the French cut eternity band, but I keep getting distracted with all these other cuts! :roll2:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh...are these by your stepson? They look nice! =)2
I feel like I have been talking about these forever because I keep getting put to the back of the line! I guess I have to be patient since he is basically making them for the same price as SG. At least 2 of the 3 are done. I am most interested in the antique cushion though because it is not a style that people usually do hand engraving and miligrain. I don’t know if it is a good or bad choice yet but I guess I will see soon...

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@swaye2010 finally a normal video!!! I'm very happy with the cut. Hope it's not yellow IRL bc I really wanted champagen/light brown. But we will see!!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I feel like I have been talking about these forever because I keep getting put to the back of the line! I guess I have to be patient since he is basically making them for the same price as SG. At least 2 of the 3 are done. I am most interested in the antique cushion though because it is not a style that people usually do hand engraving and miligrain. I don’t know if it is a good or bad choice yet but I guess I will see soon...
I don’t normally go on RockyTalky but I saw the video and thought it looked really cool. I’m really excited to see how the antique cushion ring turns out. I honestly would have never considered antique cuts before joining this forum but after spending time here I have a deep appreciation for them. :lol:

And seeing your 5 stone diamond band is making me jealous.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
@swaye2010 finally a normal video!!! I'm very happy with the cut. Hope it's not yellow IRL bc I really wanted champagen/light brown. But we will see!!
They definitely don’t look like the yellow color of the one I got. They look more champagne in color but it is still hard to tell if they are on the buttery side or on the light brown side. I wish they would just focus on the stone for a few seconds without them moving. It doesn’t give the viewer a chance to see the color or faceting. This is what I need to point out to Cherry in hopes that they will improve on that.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They definitely don’t look like the yellow color of the one I got. They look more champagne in color but it is still hard to tell if they are on the buttery side or on the light brown side. I wish they would just focus on the stone for a few seconds without them moving. It doesn’t give the viewer a chance to see the color or faceting. This is what I need to point out to Cherry in hopes that they will improve on that.
Exactly! I had to pause to make sure the faceting looked right (it does, but I'm still not 100% sure). And the color is the same. It could lean towards buttery, or lean brown. Crossing my fingers for leaning brown! But I wouldn't be mad if it was buttery--just disappointed.

MrsSparkleShine

Rough_Rock
Hi guys!

I've already bought a couple of rings from StarsGem, and now I'm waiting for their 1ct lab diamond price to drop! I really want a lab diamond solitaire!
Does anyone know why they have a few 1ct lab diamond listings on their Alibaba store, for different prices? they don't really mention different colors or clarity (that I have noticed...)

Do you think they'll reach Lightbox $800 per carat price point anytime in the near future??

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys!

I've already bought a couple of rings from StarsGem, and now I'm waiting for their 1ct lab diamond price to drop! I really want a lab diamond solitaire!
Does anyone know why they have a few 1ct lab diamond listings on their Alibaba store, for different prices? they don't really mention different colors or clarity (that I have noticed...)

Do you think they'll reach Lightbox $800 per carat price point anytime in the near future??

I don't think they'll be that low until other companies drop their prices. Because I'm sure they probably sell their lab diamonds to certain companies. I don't know anyone else that dropped their lab diamonds value of $800/CT even after Lightbox did it. But we can only hope.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys!

It will happen but I think it will be a while. Lightbox prices at $800 per carat but the problem is that the stones aren’t even graded, which gives some leverage to other lab diamond competitors for the time being. I believe the cut with lightbox is decent and the color hovers between F/G from what I have read. Meanwhile other lab diamonds in the market are properly graded but are priced much higher (though still cheaper than natural). Once lightbox floods the market with their one carats (very uncertain as DeBeers is being extremely stingy but will happen) is probably when we will see price drops.

I was quoted $1668 for a colorless one carat but I don’t think Starsgem is quite there yet in terms of cut and color. And that’s still too high for what I’d pay even for a near colorless lab diamond, which is what I’d like.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I have looked into the SG stones. I don’t think they are worth the cost right now. The difference in prices is that some are considered colorless and VS quality & 3X while other’s are Si2 clarity, ‘I’ color and excellent cut. Typically to get them certified, the lab will charge another $150 and when we did this, the colorless stone was still closer to an I in color.

Some of the other Alibaba vendors are not willing to sell loose lab diamonds unless you order a minimum of 10 for volume pricing. One wanted 300 Euro for shipping with a minimum of 5. i linked a few articles because DeBeers bought a parcel of land in Portland as their US headquarters since the stones are being shipped from the UK right now. You can’t actually even buy them in Europe, only in the US. The 2nd article is about their timeline. They want to be sold in retailers but they will also have the volume needed for the demand but not until 2020. The annoying part is that they still seem to want to focus on the pink/blue stones and not white diamonds. I am sure they will drill holes in the 1 carat’s just so they can’t be used for engagement rings.

https://www.bizjournals.com/portlan...to-open-94m-lab-grown-diamond-plant-near.html

https://www.debeersgroup.com/media/...aunch-new-fashion-jewelry-brand-with-laborato

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I have looked into the SG stones. I don’t think they are worth the cost right now. The difference in prices is that some are considered colorless and VS quality & 3X while other’s are Si2 clarity, ‘I’ color and excellent cut. Typically to get them certified, the lab will charge another $150 and when we did this, the colorless stone was still closer to an I in color.

Some of the other Alibaba vendors are not willing to sell loose lab diamonds unless you order a minimum of 10 for volume pricing. One wanted 300 Euro for shipping with a minimum of 5. i linked a few articles because DeBeers bought a parcel of land in Portland as their US headquarters since the stones are being shipped from the UK right now. You can’t actually even buy them in Europe, only in the US. The 2nd article is about their timeline. They want to be sold in retailers but they will also have the volume needed for the demand but not until 2020. The annoying part is that they still seem to want to focus on the pink/blue stones and not white diamonds. I am sure they will drill holes in the 1 carat’s just so they can’t be used for engagement rings.

https://www.bizjournals.com/portlan...to-open-94m-lab-grown-diamond-plant-near.html

https://www.debeersgroup.com/media/...aunch-new-fashion-jewelry-brand-with-laborato
I read on the Lightbox thread about a PSer who had to finagle getting her 7/8 carat white diamond because the rep was being stubborn about sending the correct size out. When she finally convinced them, they shipped her a replacement immediately. I believe DeBeers actually has a stockpile of these larger white diamonds (just like they do with their natural diamonds), but they don't want to flood the market with them, not to mention they want to keep these as "fashion" jewelry. I'm not trying to be contrarian or conspiracy-theorist; I'm just pessimistic.

I was a little hopeful that Starsgem would have a lower cost with their lab diamonds but unfortunately they weren't. I do think that their smaller stones are reasonable, though...I definitely want a five stone ring with lab diamonds.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Not the best pics but they managed to carve out the inside of the setting and drop the height waaaaay down. Looks much more wearable now. I guess that means the 9x8 chubby ACC I just bought will be going up on LT pretty soon....

1D04AF51-A3B5-43E8-B52D-06FECF7C1149.jpeg A857EFF6-F075-4DA3-9088-9ADEDAB0EAD4.jpeg 49F1962D-68F6-41E3-883D-C1538EA770C6.png 466499FA-5479-436A-B73C-6EB79C3AB919.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yayyyy stones are here. Thank you @swaye2010 for encouraging me to just go with SG. I am super super impressed with both of these. I wish they were *slightly* more brown, but that's a very nitpicky detail. Overall the amazing cut and slight brown color are awesome. The moval is literally everything I wanted. It's antique faceted and chunky. But so hard to take pics of. My phone gets very confused about the facets and either gets blurry or makes it look like a weird jumble. Here are my best attempts. Moval pics first, then ACC.

20190603_174719.jpg 20190603_174726.jpg 20190603_175400.jpg 20190603_175019.jpg 20190603_175033.jpg 20190603_174807.jpg 20190603_175014.jpg 20190603_174951.jpg 20190603_174832.jpg 20190603_174955.jpg

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
@lovedogs , I’m usually not a halo fan but that oval setting is stunning! :love: Especially with the contrasting champagne and white. Is there a jeweler in mind you plan to do this with? =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results