shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite rings from Starsgem on ebay (starsgem8)

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone had earrings made from Starsgem? I’m about to have bezel studs made but I’m a bit hesitant because I haven’t seen any earrings by them

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
I am looking to make antique cushion cut earrings from SG in 14k yellow gold. I want them to be colourless, will GH do?

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
@chunkyfacetlover , @swaye2010 any inputs from your experience would help? I am not too colour sensitive, not sure if I should go for GH or stick to EF...

DHL notification is showing my ring will arrive on 12/26. I will be happy to post pics and videos. I haven't seen a Stargems OMC in real life yet, but from all the photos and videos, it appears to face up very white. I personally find EF to be too white of a color for antique cuts (OEC and OMC), I prefer antique white color (GH) for my ACCs and IJ for my OEC, but that is personal preference. You can get away with a lot of color is you're planning on setting in yellow gold. My advice...go with GH color.

Merry Christmas! Please post the CAD of your earrings because I really would like a pair of OMC earrings too!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
@chunkyfacetlover , @swaye2010 any inputs from your experience would help? I am not too colour sensitive, not sure if I should go for GH or stick to EF...
I had an ACC just done in G/H and compared it to my emerald, which is also G/H and the ACC is very white in that cut. I would stick with the G/H. If it was an emerald, I would probably say go for the E/F

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much @chunkyfacetlover and @swaye2010, my gut feel was right but just needed some confirmation. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas. I will definitely post the cads once I get them, at this stage I am waiting for Cherry to send me a quote for the same.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@chunkyfacetlover I am waiting for your pics before I pull the trigger on my ring. At the moment thinking of something very like yours I am weighing up yellow gold as most of my things are yellow gold or at least mixed gold (white prongs/head and yellow band) I have read if your stone has some colour then a yellow band is a better bet. Anyone have thoughts on this as the stone would be a G/H colour.

Also (sorry for the questions) could I ask roughly what your ring cost? Sorry don’t answer if you would prefer not too. I am just trying to ensure my quote is ok as I am using my Christmas present $$ to pay for it.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
@chunkyfacetlover I am waiting for your pics before I pull the trigger on my ring. At the moment thinking of something very like yours I am weighing up yellow gold as most of my things are yellow gold or at least mixed gold (white prongs/head and yellow band) I have read if your stone has some colour then a yellow band is a better bet. Anyone have thoughts on this as the stone would be a G/H colour.

Also (sorry for the questions) could I ask roughly what your ring cost? Sorry don’t answer if you would prefer not too. I am just trying to ensure my quote is ok as I am using my Christmas present $$ to pay for it.

My G/H stone is very white, even when tilted or looking from the side. Next to my E/F colored diamond 2 row band, I can see a difference, but not when worn alone.

My ring was $500 including shipping. I paid via Alibaba, so no PayPal fee. I wouldn't hesitate to get the OMC. It's really gorgeous, especially with the claw prongs.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
My G/H stone is very white, even when tilted or looking from the side. Next to my E/F colored diamond 2 row band, I can see a difference, but not when worn alone.

I wanted to switch to yellow gold but it was too late. Yellow gold might make the stone look a little warmer. I really love the GH color. It gives the stone more depth imo. Makes it more believable too!

My ring was $500 including shipping. I paid via Alibaba, so no PayPal fee. I wouldn't hesitate to get the OMC. It's really gorgeous, especially with the claw prongs.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I received my ring! It's so beautiful! It's really hard to capture it's beauty through pics and videos, especially because it's been so overcast in my area. I plan on taking more when it brightens up out there.

20181227_144304.jpg
20181227_151054.jpg
20181227_140624.jpg
20181227_150348.jpg
20181227_140543.jpg

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Sorry it's so blurry, my camera had a hard time focusing. Please note that pics and video make the ring look much bigger than it really is. I'm going to to take some comparison pics with other rings I own.

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
Sorry it's so blurry, my camera had a hard time focusing. Please note that pics and video make the ring look much bigger than it really is. I'm going to to take some comparison pics with other rings I own.

OoooOOO!!! IT LOOKS GREAT ON YOU! YAY! Do you love it?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring @chunkyfacetlover, I love the additional stones in the gallery too :kiss2:

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
20181227_154215.jpg
20181227_154145.jpg
20181227_154108.jpg
Two row ideal cut diamond band E/F color VS from Ivy and Rose Vintage. The stone looks really warm next to my band but the light in my dining room is very yellow. The stone is picking up the chandelier lightbulb color big time. The stone is VERY white in real life.

20181227_154046.jpg
Next pics shown with my 1.22 VVS E color Amora Gem Ultra in diamond halo. Hopefully you will be able to get a sense of proportion.
20181227_153823.jpg
20181227_153747.jpg

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
OoooOOO!!! IT LOOKS GREAT ON YOU! YAY! Do you love it?

Yes, I love it! It performs well in all lighting, even when there's very little light. My Amora Gem Ultra can go almost black in some low light which really bugs me sometimes but the OMC doesn't do that. It doesn't sparkle like a round. It's hard to describe. The facets remind me of a mirror, but liquidy. Also, I don't know why the pics show the 4 facetssl as black when they don't look black in real life.

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I love it! It performs well in all lighting, even when there's very little light. My Amora Gem Ultra can go almost black in some low light which really bugs me sometimes but the OMC doesn't do that. It doesn't sparkle like a round. It's hard to describe. The facets remind me of a mirror, but liquidy. Also, I don't know why the pics show the 4 facetssl as black when they don't look black in real life.

I think the cut is like you said, they're like mirrors. And I agree that it looks great in all the lighting. I love that the G-H color for the OMC cut stills look great so I didn't have to pay the extra money for the colorless version. It's really hard to capture the beauty of it because it just looks much better in person for sure:D

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@chunkyfacetlover it is absolutely gorgeous and it looks amazing on your hand. I agree once seen next to another piece it does not seem massive (just super impressive)

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Well Happy NY to me it’s 645pm on NYE here in Melbourne I have already drunk too much Prosecco and paid for my SG ring. Oooooops

Happy NY all

Happy New Year! I had a similar night, woke up only an hour ago, lol. :dance:

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Nice sleep in @chunkyfacetlover no such luck here!

I ordered a clone of your ring (I hope you don't mind) except in Yellow Gold. I was worried my nickel allergy might play up otherwise. I hope it turns out as beautifully as yours

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Just so you can see how completely I ripped off your design @chunkyfacetlover :kiss2:

I am wondering if I should do the prongs in white and the rest yellow? What do people think? cad.jpg

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @maredith I have gone to Mona and asked her thoughts. If it was Single prongs I would but with double I am worried they will detract too much. Arghhhh and I thought copying someone’s design would mean I wouldn’t have to make any decisions :lol:

Lanasiv

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I've been lurking a long time and have fallen in love with the Rachel dupe some of you have recreated. I am going to be engaged soon and interested in ordering my engagement ring through Stargems.

I am worried about the melee, I've heard that pave bands are prone to more damage, lost stones etc How are you planning to get that fixed, local jeweler? There aren't too many moissanite jewelers, so I'm worried. I thought perhaps a bright cut pave band woukd be a better choice.

I've found the following image online and am in love with the style. Do you think Stargems is capable of pulling it off?

r7622-3-wy.jpg
I want a shank that tapers from the stone from small to large with one side of pave not 3.

Thank you so much for all your help. I'm so astonished how helpful this community is.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results