shape
carat
color
clarity

Modern Vintage Ring from ERD

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the engraving as it is. So I am happy you are learning to love it.
LOVE this ring .

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just love this ring. I followed your ups and downs through the custom process... I absolutely love the daintiness yet strength it gives off. One of my favorite PS rings! :appl: :love:

redroze

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy - the engraving gives a subtle glow that is hardly discernible. I still would have wanted the swirly engraving so next time I'm in NYC I'll ask Chris to redo it. I'm tickled pink that you love it as I remember your advice throughout.
Kristin - you witnessed my craziness. It's so much more rewarding due to the effort'!! Thanks for the sweet note!

I can't stop taking photos!! I must be mad.

The requisite flower shot.
image_1702.jpg

Why do cars give the blingiest shots?? So distracting.
image_1703.jpg

On a creamer with a vintage vibe..woops it's a little dusty. Lol
image_1704.jpg
image_1705.jpg

MCAUDI

Rough_Rock
Redroze, I don't know how I missed this. Your ring and diamond are gorgeous!

Marcy

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
awww I always love the flower shots! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope you are around because I just wanted to tell you that I am sorry we had a difference of opinion about the return issue, but I really love your ring :love: and enjoy your participation here!

nzdiamondlover

Rough_Rock
Hi Redroze,

Your ring is just gorgeous! I apologies in advance if this question is against the rules but can I ask how much the setting cost? I understand the original SS one is quite expensive (4-6 grand?) and was wondering how yours compared.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
MMMmmmm dreamy and gorgeous!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nzdiamondlover|1413863780|3770187 said:
Hi Redroze,

Your ring is just gorgeous! I apologies in advance if this question is against the rules but can I ask how much the setting cost? I understand the original SS one is quite expensive (4-6 grand?) and was wondering how yours compared.

Hi nzdiamondlover, just wanted to let you know redroze is no longer a PS member so you won't get a response. - you could contact the vendor for a quote.

Michelez

Shiny_Rock
That ring is amazing! I love all the details!

nzdiamondlover

Rough_Rock
junebug17|1413901665|3770356 said:
nzdiamondlover|1413863780|3770187 said:
Hi Redroze,

Hi nzdiamondlover, just wanted to let you know redroze is no longer a PS member so you won't get a response. - you could contact the vendor for a quote.

Thanks for letting me know junebug!

yorkgirl

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely ring, delicate and detailed.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
It's absolutely divine!!! Enjoy!

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
:lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:

It's stunning!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, sorry I missed it the first time around and I hope Redroze comes back....

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Hi folks,

Redroze here, well now redroze1.

Well I left and deactivated my account, then lurked, only to reregister and find someone else got my username! Lol. It was a good break but I came back for some advice! Those who followed my (controversial) search for a wedding band remember I got the metro Tiffany band. I adore it - here's two pictures. My question is, I'd love to add a third ring to stack with it. I'm considering this super thin rose gold ruby band from Etsy. Do you think it would work? Or should I do a milgrain bezelled round band? Or maybe a rose gold pave metro band? Choices are hard! My only requirement is that I want my ering to be the star.

Thanks you for the sweet comments that ce in after my hiatus.

image_3172.jpg image_3173.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Redroze1 :wavey:
Glad you are still enjoying your beautiful ring.
I think your set would look great with the bezeled band, but it's probably best to go to a jeweller and try different styles.

I had BE make a ring for my rubellite tourmaline and it was partly inspired by yours. Thank you for the inspiration:wavey:

_27683.jpg

_27684.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just lovely -- it looks great on your hand! :))

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes a French cut rubt band would be tdf!

I think the way your e ring is designed, I'd want the second band to have more metal. In other words ,not prong set again like your wedding band. I like the bezel idea, the French cut idea, or even just a bright set band.

If it didn't need gems, the Tiffany twist band would be cool!

What a fun search. Good luck!

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Acinom I love your ring! The bezel and engraving is to die for. Luscious color!

Thanks msop04!

Niel yes I'd love a band like Circe's. You're right that I need something with milgrain to complement the ering. I will look around...

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
whats your budget? and ring size?

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Niel|1426377064|3847300 said:
whats your budget? and ring size?

Size 4.25-4.5. No defined budget tbh.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning engagement ring!! :appl:

I really love the third and fourth bands you posted! Looking forward to seeing your complete set!

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ricezo!! Well after much deliberation and studying other ring stacks on PS, I've asked David Klass to make two bands for me. One is a thin rose gold pave band a tad thicker than my Metro. I know many suggested a bright cut pave band, but in person, two thin micro pave bands with my ring look amazing. They add subtle sparkle but still act as a complement to my engagenent ring.

The second band will be white gold like my set, but with alternating step cut rubies in a square shape, and diamonds in a diamond shape, with superfine milgrain, similar to msop04's gorgeous vintage sapphire band.

I made these two choices after coming to the following observations:

1) my ering shank is very detailed and curvy. A straight band makes a nice contrast with it, but the precise lines of a milgrain band take away from my ering more than a pave band which is all diamond with no milgrain borders. The pave band doesn't look great in photos but in person and videos, the combination is stunning.
2) two white gold pave bands are too much, but a wg and rg pave band has just enough contrast due to the different metals, without looking too different.
3) bezel set milgrain bands look good paired with my ering and pave band, as the pave band looks simple and delicate, acting as a nice in between to the bezel set band. Alternating rubies and diamonds add some colour, so keeping it in white gold makes them feel in the same family yet different enough that each one stands out.
4) bezel set eternity bands, and bright cut bands for that matter, have more presence on the finger due to the bright cut wall and milgrain. They look great with halos or big solitaires that can stand up to them. With my 1.5 carat solitaire, the only way it works is to have a thin pave band or spacer in between, to not diminish my center stone.
5) final thought. For stacks to work I think each ring should stand out and look different but complementary to the other rings. When an ering has a thin pave shank, I think a thin pave band only looks good with it if there's a slight gap, so it looks like two distinct rings. I had a curved band that sat perfectly under my ering, and all it did was make my ering look like it had a thicker shank. Mixing metals and styles is the way to go, or ensure there's a gap of the rings are similar. Reminds me of Mayk's ering with the platinum Imogen - too similar and no gap don't make for the optimal stack.

Rg pave band like this:
image_3228.jpg
Band like the bottom except rubies instead of sapphires:
image_3229.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to say I am so happy to see you back! :wavey: I hope you will forgive me for upsetting you regarding the other band and that we can start again fresh! Your e-ring is still one of my favorites! :love: I look forward to seeing your new bands!

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
DS - nice to 'see' you too! That's alright, everyone has the right to their opinion. That's what makes any forum active. All is forgotten. :)

I'll definitely post my new bands when they arrive!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redroze1|1427061897|3851061 said:
DS - nice to 'see' you too! That's alright, everyone has the right to their opinion. That's what makes any forum active. All is forgotten. :)

I'll definitely post my new bands when they arrive!

Thank you!!!! :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results