shape
carat
color
clarity

Coup de foudre - french-cut eternity band.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And, just to mix my metaphors and my slang and my languages - kismet! I've actually been wanting a french-cut band for ages ... since my birthday almost two years ago, to be exact, where I started out wanting a baguette band, got one that was almost-right, returned it, and then stumbled across my beautiful carre band (for almost twice the budget, but, hey, who's counting). The thing is, immediately after I bought it, I saw a battered-all-to-hell french-cut band for, like, $800 ... and thought, eh, another one will come along, I just spent a chunk of change.

MORE FOOL I, because the damned things are apparently rare as hen's teeth (and somewhat pricier). So for the last two years, I've been keeping an eye out and growing more and more forlorn about the possibility of finding one at a reasonable price.

Buuuuuut a few weeks ago, I ordered a ring ... that wasn't quite right ... so I returned it, and got what I had really wanted, even though it was a little more expensive ... and popped onto PriceScope to thank the posters who'd been advising me, and wound up trawling eBay to find comps and make suggestions ... AND FOUND ANOTHER FRENCH-CUT BAND. And in my size, to boot. It was like "Groundhog's Day," only I didn't repeat my mistake. :rodent:

So I bought it on the spot, and then I was all like this:

wiktory_.png

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just picture that little rodent dancing to "it's your birthday."

Now, the band I originally purchased fills me with glee: it's a band of french-cut rubies, about a carat and a half, set in platinum with the finest, most delicate milgrain possible. I ADORE the color.

ps_ruby_french_cut_1.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm mostly wearing it stacked with my anniversary rings, my 2.5 transitional J and a really delicate little orange blossom band that I picked up for this year's anniversary. I stack it on my right hand, too, but I have no idea how people get good pictures of their non-dominant hands. Feel free to school me. :ugeek:

ps_ruby_french-cut_2.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So, what, you might ask, am I wearing on my right hand? ;-)

ps_french_cut_1.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm loving ALL of your gorgeous bling!! Both your bands (ruby and carre) are amazing - lucky you! enjoy and wear in good health :bigsmile:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am really thrilled with this ring. It appraised as being approximately 2.9 carats, F-G, and VS. It fits perfectly with my wedding band on my right hand, and I feel like my hands are finally ... balanced, if that makes sense. And, oh, man, how I love the french cuts. They're like the melee version of old cuts, with these huge flashes of light - when I look at my hand in the sun, it's this geometric assortment of perfect triangle facets gleaming back at me. Yum! :cheeky:

ps_diamond_french_cut_1.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Heheh - thanks, Enerchi! I need to take a shot of all of my bands together - COME OUT ALREADY, SUN! I feel like I'm being thwarted, there hasn't been a good day for photographs all week! Hence the weird candlelight shots ... though I'm guessing y'all might find it in your hearts to forgive me. Just to be sure, here are a few bonus shots: one of the two frenchies together:

ps_french_cuts_together.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Man, I posted too soon --- look at all the lovely shots you keep teasing us with!! I'd wear them stacked like you have just above - ruby and carre together - totally YUMMY!!

You have incredible taste in awesome rings, Circe!! Love them!! and Yes - I do hope the sun comes out soon because I'm also excited to see the triangle fire shots!!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm not wearing it with my anniversary band alone - it's almost a full size bigger. But, just for curiosity's, I snapped a few shots - I was surprised by how much I liked them together! It's the complementary facets, I think:

ps_french_cut_set_1.jpg

ps_french_cut_set_2.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

oh my... this is what heaven feels like :saint:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Heheheh - Enerchi, your lips to God's ear! And, to wrap it up and hit my day from end-to-end - a shot of just the anniversary ring, taken in the one beam of sunshine I found today, and another showing how I settled onto the whole "bling shoot" theme for my evening. Hey, a bottle of wine ... a little candlelight ... of course a girl's mind turns to documenting her latest disco balls for her imaginary friends in the box!

That line of thought is why my husband is giving me A Look, isn't it. He may have a point, so I bid you a fond adieu for the evening ... (though, like the Terminator, I'll be back). Night, guys! :twirl:

ps_french_cuts__040.jpg

ps_french_cut_3.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Those are simply lovely bands. I'm glad you finally found what your heart has desired for so long.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
This is a dangerous thread for me. That is phenomenal and I WANT ONE!!!! I have never seen a french cut diamond band on Ebay. Did you just search "french cut" and there it was? Had it been up long? Wow, oh wow...that's all I can say. And I love the ruby one as well! Huge congrats to you...kismet, indeed!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Hubba Hubba love them both especially stacked with your transitional ,I agree I think the facets of your bands and ER compliment each other in a way you don't normally see with modern cut diamonds.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I'm sold, I officially want a french cut diamond band too! It's gorgeous, congrats!! :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous goodness!

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
circe, how beautiful!
I wish you could post a picture with the two hands together, side by side, so that we could get a sense of how your rings look all together :))

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful band - great find! Enjoy!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Love it!!! You have an awesome collection, lady!!! :appl: :love: :appl: :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning- simply stunning!! :love:
You have amazing taste in jewelry Circe-I love all your jewels!!
Wear in health and happiness!! :appl:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
:love: :love: :love:

Well done Circe! What a find. What a ring!!!

So it's pretty sunny today on the East Coast. I'll be checking back for more pics :naughty:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
[attachment=0]photo__22_.jpg[/attachment

photo__22_.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
You are hilarious and your bling is breathtaking!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
motownmama|1355492685|3331119 said:
Motown!!! Those are awesome!! you and Circe should get your bands together to have a 'play date'!! I'd love to see your bands hangin' out, chillaxin', just doing the sparkle thing in the sun.... 8-)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm up for it!! :D

CDCsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Circe, I love your taste in jewelry! Your ering is what I hope mine can one day grow up to be and your bands are just yummy. Congrats!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Stop, I can't take it!! :love: Amazing!! Congrats on your terrific find Circe! Happy Holidays to you!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

All good things come to those who wait....I'll take that ruby band when you've finished! ;))

Congrats on your patience and lovely finds.

cheers--Sharon

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
YayTacori|1355456539|3330880 said:
oh my... this is what heaven feels like :saint:

Tell me about it! I feel quite lucky. :halo:

Laila619 said:
It's beautiful!

Thank you!

JaneSmith said:
Those are simply lovely bands. I'm glad you finally found what your heart has desired for so long.

Thank you, Jane - I very much appreciate the sentiment!

Demelza said:
This is a dangerous thread for me. That is phenomenal and I WANT ONE!!!! I have never seen a french cut diamond band on Ebay. Did you just search "french cut" and there it was? Had it been up long? Wow, oh wow...that's all I can say. And I love the ruby one as well! Huge congrats to you...kismet, indeed!

Thanks, Demelza - I know what you mean, PS introduces me to more and more things that I don't just want, I NEED. eBay gets french cut bands once in a while, but they tend to be either pricey or sketchy, in my experience - like, Peter Suchy has has a nice 2.12 band for two years and counting, but it's priced at 5K, which is a little rich for my blood for an eternity. On the other hand, a lady in NY listed a Neil Lane french cut band of approximately three carats on both my local Craigslist and on eBay ... with the blurriest photos you ever did see. Seriously, I couldn't tell if she had a sixth finger or was holding something in some of them. She wanted 4K+, and she wouldn't respond to requests for additional photos. :roll:

I'd been running the broadest searches possible for a long time, so it's actually pretty ironic that I DID find this one just by searching "french cut" - I think it had been listed a couple of hours earlier with a BIN, so I jumped on it. Pure dumb luck. :cheeky:

SandyCheeks said:
Hubba Hubba love them both especially stacked with your transitional ,I agree I think the facets of your bands and ER compliment each other in a way you don't normally see with modern cut diamonds.

Sandy, that's it exactly! It all feels somehow .. period-appropriate, if that makes sense. They're both on fire by candle-light, that's for sure.

Christina... said:
Ok, I'm sold, I officially want a french cut diamond band too! It's gorgeous, congrats!! :love:

Heheheh - my job of enabling here is done.

lknvrb4 said:
Gorgeous goodness!

Hee, thanks!

dianabarbara said:
circe, how beautiful!
I wish you could post a picture with the two hands together, side by side, so that we could get a sense of how your rings look all together :))

DB, I told my husband my invisible friends were requesting his services as a photographer - he says your wish is his command! :rodent:

MissGotRocks said:
Beautiful band - great find! Enjoy!

Thanks, MGR!!!

Dani said:
Love it!!! You have an awesome collection, lady!!! :appl: :love: :appl: :love:

Merci beaucoup! I definitely want to see how many of the bands I can actually physically stack, now that the sun is cooperating .... :mrgreen:

missy said:
Stunning- simply stunning!! :love:
You have amazing taste in jewelry Circe-I love all your jewels!!
Wear in health and happiness!! :appl:

Missy, thank you! They're turning into a case of like begetting like - since I want everything to go with everything else, all of a sudden, boom! Art Deco Revival in my jewel box. :mrgreen:

GemFever said:
:love: :love: :love:

Well done Circe! What a find. What a ring!!!

So it's pretty sunny today on the East Coast. I'll be checking back for more pics :naughty:

Lady, I like the way you think - first I deposit these grades, then I set up my miniature photo studio!

motownmama said:

You have MATCHING bands! MATCHING bands! New goal.

Rosebloom said:
You are hilarious and your bling is breathtaking!

Thenkyew, thankyew verramush! I'll be here all week, tip the waitress and remember to try the bling du jour. :naughty:

Enerchi said:
motownmama|1355492685|3331119 said:
Motown!!! Those are awesome!! you and Circe should get your bands together to have a 'play date'!! I'd love to see your bands hangin' out, chillaxin', just doing the sparkle thing in the sun.... 8-)

Hey, I'm calling for a GTG in Hangout. Do it - dooooooooooo itttttttttttt!

CDCsparkles said:
Circe, I love your taste in jewelry! Your ering is what I hope mine can one day grow up to be and your bands are just yummy. Congrats!

Heheheh - thanks, CDC - mine IS what I hoped mine would grow up to be, that's my anniversary ring! My e-ring is off getting sized but I just got the e-mail the original was ready for pickup. My precious should be back and joining the party soon!

yennyfire said:
Stop, I can't take it!! :love: Amazing!! Congrats on your terrific find Circe! Happy Holidays to you!!

Thanks, so much Yenny, and the happiest of holidays to you as well. :wavey:

canuk-gal said:
HI:

All good things come to those who wait....I'll take that ruby band when you've finished! ;))

Congrats on your patience and lovely finds.

cheers--Sharon

They do indeed! Hey, if I keep waiting, perhaps one day we can meet and play dress-up in one another's jewel boxes! Now, THAT would be a good thing! :Up_to_something:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results