shape
carat
color
clarity

Mine... almost! 4.00ct rose cut solitaire

liloette

Rough_Rock
Pinch pinch pinch and pinch again! My husband is buying me this beauty for christmas! I love it as is but will eventually have it in a secure bezel setting, 18k. The hand shots are of Grace,
Not myself, as I have not seen the stone in person just yet. How would you wear it?

img_13894.jpg

img_13895.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd wear it just like that but with a few more prongs to keep it secure

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is beautiful. Have you ever tried on a rose cut like this before? Because of it's size, I suspect you may be able to see through to your finger. So this is one you really have to see in person (during the return period) to know if it is a forever stone for you. I'd put a halo around a rose cut, personally. I like it as it is, too (but more secure as Niel said).

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
Uh, I'd wear that beauty like this: to work, to bed, to the park, to the gym, to the grocery store, . . . to everywhere!
Lucky lady!

liloette

Rough_Rock
I do know that you can see skin underneath. I have tried on rose cuts but nothing of this size. I think it would look lovely with double claw prongs, do you think that would be secure enough?

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
In a vintage style setting! Congrats!

HS4S

Rough_Rock
I love this rose cut so very much! I love rose cuts and I adore my rose cut. It is my favorite stone. It shimmers and reflects all day. I did end up setting it up a little higher off the finger so that light could shine through the basket but it was equally beautiful before. I did see my finger more before but and less now that it sits higher in the basket. It didn't bother me though because it's part of the charm. I think double prongs or a bezel would be perfect! So excited for you!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is spectacular! Wear it in good health!

Niel|1481151289|4105481 said:
I'd wear it just like that but with a few more prongs to keep it secure

Yup. I'd take a good look at those prongs. From the pictures, it looks as if the stone has a somewhat thick girdle, and some of the prongs seem to just barely extend over the edge of the girdle... which would seem to indicate that although the prongs are substantial, there's actually very little holding that BIG, beautiful rose cut in place. BUT - the pictures could be misleading. You'll know better once you have that ring on your finger!

liloette

Rough_Rock
I would like to see photos of your rose cut that you had raised. fun!

liloette

Rough_Rock
HS4S|1481159281|4105507 said:
I love this rose cut so very much! I love rose cuts and I adore my rose cut. It is my favorite stone. It shimmers and reflects all day. I did end up setting it up a little higher off the finger so that light could shine through the basket but it was equally beautiful before. I did see my finger more before but and less now that it sits higher in the basket. It didn't bother me though because it's part of the charm. I think double prongs or a bezel would be perfect! So excited for you!

will you post photos of your ring setting?

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
oh my god this ring is :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I love the setting as is, but if you are worried about security then I think a thin bezel with some milgrain could be just lovely and secure. Grace has some beautiful examples of this style.

Whatever you decide, make sure to post hand shots when you receive!!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
So dreamy!

Lots of hand shots when you get it!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tres chique!! What a stunning diamond and ring. I love the design of the ring but I would add prongs for security.
Looking forward to see your handshots.

HS4S

Rough_Rock
@Elepig pictures of my original setting and reset are in the thread "Rose Cut Shimmer" that is on page one in this forum☺️

DiamondXXX

Rough_Rock
Oh well... I am actually relieved :) so now I can stop saving money for this beauty and spend it on something else :) Would have taken me at least the next 10 years...

Its such a beautiful ring, I am so happy for you. Please stop by later and update us on your decisions, settings, pictures :) for setting I like the present setting actually, but agree on the security issue. I am a fan of simple bezel for the rose cut itself, to make it pop and protect the edges... What metal would you use?

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Love this! :love: It's so beautiful! :appl: Congratulations! :clap:

liloette

Rough_Rock
It will be here on Tuesday! I will keep it in the original setting and wear it sparingly until I'm ready to have it in a yellow gold bezel. Maybe I will like rose gold that it has but I tend to love yg. It's another $1800 to reset by grace and she is who I will choose when the time comes. I'm still in disbelief this is really happening!

HS4S

Rough_Rock
@liloette....I replied this to you yesterday and accidentally put the wrong name. I apologize. Here is my reply.

"Pictures of my original setting and reset are in the thread "Rose Cut Shimmer" that is on page one in this forum☺️"

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad it went to a good home. And that I can stop thinking about wanting it. Ha. :love: Congrats on one amazing Christmas present!

liloette

Rough_Rock
I was like... how the heck does she know I have pet pigs?!!

HS4S

Rough_Rock
@liloette....lol. It was a name copied in another post as a response. Somehow when I responded to you I pasted the wrong name. How awesome that you have pet pigs. They are so adorable.

liloette

Rough_Rock
HS4S|1481328584|4106006 said:
@liloette....lol. It was a name copied in another post as a response. Somehow when I responded to you I pasted the wrong name. How awesome that you have pet pigs. They are so adorable.

Yes, indeed they are!!! Pigs in pricescope lol.

img_13933.jpg

img_13934.jpg

img_13935.jpg

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh!! Your pigs are adorable!!! :love: oh and your ring is pretty stunning as well ;-)

HS4S

Rough_Rock
They are so adorable! Thank you for sharing ☺️

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your rose cut ring, it's gorgeous! And your pet piggies.....adorbs!!!!!

liloette

Rough_Rock
The ring came today. I wasn't blown away upon opening the package. It's a lovely, lovely ring but it's just not the right stone for me.

img_13945.jpg

img_13946.jpg

img_13947.jpg

img_13948.jpg

liloette

Rough_Rock
This is the 4ct next to my 2.22 oec. I'm thinking I'll give cushion a try next.

img_13950.jpg

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
Oh no! I'm sorry you don't love it, that must be such a disappointment.

Rose cuts are temperamental, and they can look awfully flat in some lighting/angles - I love them, and think they are so elegant, but actually think they are better in smaller sizes, where the windowing is less apparent.

I hope you find something you love soon! You have a very healthy budget, and I'm sure there is something wonderful out there for you :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely. Feminine elegant piece. Congratulations!! Wear in health and happiness. And I just love the current setting, fwiw.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results