shape
carat
color
clarity

Meet Marjorie, or, Why has PreRaphaelite been so obsessed with pearls lately?

collier

Shiny_Rock
@collier -- Have you read Hold Still, Sally Mann's memoir? It brings back such a rush of Lex memories. No place else quite like Rockbridge County.

(Sorry, I promise I won't hijack this thread anymore!)

No! I'll have to pick that up. But I do love to visit Boxerwood Gardens (where she grew up). I had the pleasure of staying at the house one weekend and couldn't get over how casually famous first edition prints of hers were just on the walls.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
@PreRaphaelite

I saw these posted and thought of Marjorie, if you are still looking at pearls. They would make a stunning double bracelet, and then you could look at Marjorie all day long.

https://www.rubylane.com/item/510967-rbx20Pinkx20Pearlx20Necklace/Pink-Cultured-Pearl-Strand-Necklace-14k?utm_medium=email&utm_source=shopsub,784975&utm_term=item_pic

Necklaces and earrings are great, but you can't admire them the same way you can a ring or bracelet.

OOh! Thank you - I will go check them out!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Omgosh it’s gorgeous. I’ve never seen anything like it. It’s so beautiful!!!!

collier

Shiny_Rock
A classic combination, diamonds and pearls. So lovely.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @joelly !
Another restless night. And so Marjorie and Edwina got strung up. Partners in Crime.
B2625324-67EE-4297-80D1-466FB10DC8FF.jpeg
Forgive my hirsute wrist!

What? Where? Lol not hirsute at all. Nope. Gorgeous bracelet ❤️

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Hello again - quick question:

The labs are probably going to open up for business again in the next 60-90 days, so I'm trying to decide where to send Marjorie for grading. Edwina went to GIA which was kind of a waste of money and a disappointment as I didn't know GIA didn't provide angles for old cuts the way they do for modern cuts. (Seems problematic to charge full price and not provide full service but maybe they'll change at some point.) Anyway, can anyone recommend a lab to send Marjorie to? Thoughts?

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
AGS provide all the cut data for OECs, except perhaps star and lower half lengths. I know these two facet lengths are missing from AVR and CER certs, but that might be by request.

I don't know if AGS deal with the public, IIRC they are based in Las Vegas.

Last edited:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
AGS provide all the cut data for OECs, except perhaps star and lower half lengths. I know these two facet lengths are missing from AVR and CER certs, but that might be by request.

I don't know if AGS deal with the public, IIRC they are based in Las Vegas.

Thank you. May I ask, if you were me, where would you send this stone?

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I looked at the AGS website and it does say trade only, so I would ask my jeweler, DKJ, if it would be possible for them to send it to AGS for me.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow I love it!!!!! Those pearls surround a beautiful facet OEC :love::love:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In this thread by @dreamer_dachsie there is mention that EGL in both NY and LA do a decent job on old cuts. LINK

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know how I missed this thread!
So I'm late to the party.
Pearls and diamonds are a match made in heaven. Or on the jeweler's bench!
The bracelets look great! So refreshing to see pearls and diamonds!
Great job, @PreRaphaelite

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I don't know how I missed this thread!
So I'm late to the party.
Pearls and diamonds are a match made in heaven. Or on the jeweler's bench!
The bracelets look great! So refreshing to see pearls and diamonds!
Great job, @PreRaphaelite

Thank you!
I think PS notifications are a bit bugged sometimes? Not sure.
But yah thanks!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
6EA277AA-E05F-4B63-97BF-279683F2183A.jpeg

E68FA6A0-60A2-4779-829E-15BAD52B0E52.jpeg

I felt a little 'meh' today (is this ennui setting in again?), so instead of buying one of those spring-loaded stone holder rings, I just popped Miss Marjorie in a temporary setting. Not a dress. More of a housedress. A muu-muu. A bathrobe, if you will.

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is such a beauty and one of my favorite finds of yours. Love this look as well, whether it’s in or not is of little importance, she is rocking it!

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I felt a little 'meh' today (is this ennui setting in again?), so instead of buying one of those spring-loaded stone holder rings, I just popped Miss Marjorie in a temporary setting. Not a dress. More of a housedress. A muu-muu. A bathrobe, if you will.

I was skimming the text and wondered briefly what on earth an "ennui setting" was before my brain caught up.

Love the idea of a diamond in lounging pajamas or a dressing gown--having a teeny glass of wine while she decides what to wear.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I was skimming the text and wondered briefly what on earth an "ennui setting" was before my brain caught up.

Love the idea of a diamond in lounging pajamas or a dressing gown--having a teeny glass of wine while she decides what to wear.

Haha! I suspect Marjorie would have a dry Sherry, as long as no one was looking... how else should she stay warm?
dressing gown.jpg

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
6EA277AA-E05F-4B63-97BF-279683F2183A.jpeg

E68FA6A0-60A2-4779-829E-15BAD52B0E52.jpeg

She cleaned up a real beauty
did you do anything with the original pearl setting ?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results