shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Meet Marilyn

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Beautiful and wholly unique. Such a great look on your slender finger. Love it :love: Wear it in much happiness and love.
Thank you Slick1, I'm in total love!

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Stunning! It's just so different & pretty! Am I right in thinking this ruby was in your original engagement ring that was a family piece of your husband?
Thank you Alex T, yes it is the ruby in my original cluster engagement ring. It was purchased in the Philippines as a new ring, so not a family ring. We realised after hubby bought the diamonds this year that we couldn't not use my ruby as we were very sentimental about it and it is beautiful between the 2 diamonds.

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Very unique and eye catching! So glad your jeweler was able to execute it exactly the way you wanted it. A keepsake for the ages!
Thank you MissGotRocks, I'm glad it looks more unique, I thought it would, as you don't see many vertical rings, I intend to wear her with joy for the rest of my days!

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
So gorgeous!:love:
I am a big fan of curving and circular designs. I love the spirals cradling the diamonds!
Thank you stracci2000, I love this style and am so happy with the amount of swooping lol! The original inspiration was more elongated, but I couldn't be more pleased with how well my jeweller instantly knew what to do to execute it for me personally.

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: She is BEAUTIFUL! And those antique style prongs are just delicious!! :appl:
Thank you KristyDarling, the delicate prongs are everything to me. I've always wondered on here why everyone is obsessed with prongs and now I know!! I love how the yellow gold prongs securing the ruby make it stand out more than when it was in the heavy cluster setting.

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Lovely and feminine and just beautiful on your gorgeous hands. The lengthwise setting totally emphasizes your long graceful fingers. Congratulations on this beautiful ring.
Thank you LLJsmom, I'm so so happy! It fits my finger like a dream and I love the contrast of the yellow gold and platinum. It is a feminine ring and I'm so glad it's just the right length for my finger, giving the right amount of coverage without looking gaudy.
I feel blessed to have something so special to wear with pride and confidence.

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I thought I'd just take the time to really honour my darling husband for his part in my new ring. He took a while to feel comfortable with the idea of changing my ring as he was sentimental about the original one he gave me (which I completely understood)
Once he had processed that and became more comfortable he of course was happy to participate in the purchase of my new diamonds and is extremely happy to have been able to do that for me. He is an extremely generous, kind man and I'm very fortunate and blessed to have him as my husband. He is as thrilled and satisfied as I am with my new ring, I couldn't have hoped for better in love and life with him and I'm so excited to have been able to share this journey with my fellow jewellery lovers.

For anyone who was curious, this is the inspiration ring.

Screenshot_20190608-111130.png
I decided early on I didn't want any side stones and had a slight suspicion that it wouldn't be able to be quite so elongated, but overall I am just delighted that my jeweller achieved such a beautiful ring with just one photo and a 20 minute lunchtime meeting!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great piece! Enjoy it!

cheers--Sharon

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I honestly started off feeling very scared of the process and having never done anything custom before I was nervous about it coming out the way I thought or hoped it would. My jeweller really is a pleasure and it's exceptionally clever at what he does. In a very un-pricescope manner I literally just gave him a photo of the inspiration ring.
He spent about 20 minutes measuring my finger and chatting with me about what I wanted and then delivered me the final product just over 2 weeks later!

My hubby is completely over the moon like me that we still have my gorgeous ruby as pride and place and honestly it is such a great spot for her.
The diamonds literally fell into my lap (well they were sitting in a cabinet at my work in an estate jewellery store!) GIA certs from the 1980's and they are such sparkle bombs, I can't believe I have them on my finger! Hubby bought them for me and I saved up for the setting so it feels like a lovely joint project.

I'm delighted your husband is completely over the moon, I know initially you had been very worried about hurting his feelings and he had perhaps been reluctant for this project. I think this ring goes much better with the earrings he bought you though, it's now like you have this joint representation of your relationship with each other that you can both be delighted with. What a perfect ending to the story!!!

The diamonds honestly look really glorious, I wouldn't have guessed from your pictures that they were M and N, honestly. They look really sparkly. I would be really interested to see a video of this ring in motion if that was something you were willing to share. :geek2:

I love the way you had the ring made. I honestly think that's lovely. Hopefully, there's no real 'Pricescope way' - just the way that brings you joy and happiness and whatever works for you.

You do you!

Congratulations! :D

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
HI:

Great piece! Enjoy it!

cheers--Sharon
Thanks for the kind comment Sharon, that means alot as you have such great taste in jewels.

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I'm delighted your husband is completely over the moon, I know initially you had been very worried about hurting his feelings and he had perhaps been reluctant for this project. I think this ring goes much better with the earrings he bought you though, it's now like you have this joint representation of your relationship with each other that you can both be delighted with. What a perfect ending to the story!!!

The diamonds honestly look really glorious, I wouldn't have guessed from your pictures that they were M and N, honestly. They look really sparkly. I would be really interested to see a video of this ring in motion if that was something you were willing to share. :geek2:

I love the way you had the ring made. I honestly think that's lovely. Hopefully, there's no real 'Pricescope way' - just the way that brings you joy and happiness and whatever works for you.

You do you!

Congratulations! :D
He was just happy that I was so happy! Through being honest with him I actually think I paved the way for him to have great joy from the changing of my ring rather than him being gutted that he didn't quite succeed in his mind the first time, having said that I think he had firm views at the start that I shouldn't change it, but when it became a quality and wearability issue he was less upset.
The diamonds are truly wonderful! You can see the hint of warmth in some lights and angles, but the look so sparkly and have some lovely flashes of fire too.
I've always been a yellow gold girl and my vintage right hand rings are a combo of yellow/white gold and platinum so I think it's all good and I will continue to wear those too as they are my baby rings from when my boys were born.

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
@Lykame, I will take a video and see if my 13 year old tech wizz son can post a video from his YouTube page.

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Here it is... Diamonds look a little obstructed by the phone while videoing, but you get the idea.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,

I'm over the moon to introduce my new vertical 3 stone ruby and diamond forever ring.

Special and then a few photos!

1.50ct oval ruby

#1 mrb
0.96ct
VS1
N

#2 mrb
0.95ct
VVS2
M
Platinum and 18ct yellow gold.
The original inspiration was a long sold ring on sin city finds, Edwardian but a little more elongated as the stones were smaller than what I was working with. I loved the vertical style as I just have such skinny fingers I was never going to be able to fit it across my finger. Finger size is just under an H New Zealand and I think that's about 3.5-3.75.

Very happy with the design and my jeweller just got it 100% right first time and is an exceptionally talented jeweller. European Jewellers in Christchurch and Blue Pearl Gallery in Akaroa, the quality of his work is sublime and a wonderful person to boot!

The name Marilyn is two fold, of course for Marilyn Monroe who I've always loved to read about and for my wonderful mum Marilyn Jane who is the strongest woman I know and I love her to bits!

Photos and more to come if you'd like...
DSC_0736.JPG DSC_0733.JPG DSC_0739.JPG DSC_0744.JPG
Thanks to all who have taken the time to respond to previous threads when I wasn't sure what to do. I am beyond happy.

quite simply, just gorgeous! so feminine and unique, as well=)2:clap:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock

Here it is... Diamonds look a little obstructed by the phone while videoing, but you get the idea.

So sparkly! Such a beautiful ring! :) Thank you for sharing that. It's so special. Thanks to your son too! That was kind of him. :geek2:

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
quite simply, just gorgeous! so feminine and unique, as well=)2:clap:
Thank you Big Fat Facets, I am just loving wearing something so special! I am happy my ring has been well received and thought of a unique. I just wanted to fit all 3 lovely stones on my finger! :appl:

joelly

Ideal_Rock
What an incredible looking ring. I have not seen anything as gorgeous as this. :love::love::love::love:

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you so much joelly, I am just really incredibly happy with my new ring, I have to concentrate on keeping my eyes on the car in front when I'm driving! Distracted much!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much joelly, I am just really incredibly happy with my new ring, I have to concentrate on keeping my eyes on the car in front when I'm driving! Distracted much!!

I don’t blame you... I would too... It’s such a gorgeous ring and it has such a presence on your finger... it’s the kind of presence that you can’t ignore... it lives up to its name...:appl::appl::appl::appl:

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Been playing with the afternoon winter sun and Marilyn looks so beautiful.

DSC_0769.JPG DSC_0773.JPG DSC_0767.JPG DSC_0774.JPG

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I'm over the moon to introduce my new vertical 3 stone ruby and diamond forever ring.

Special and then a few photos!

1.50ct oval ruby

#1 mrb
0.96ct
VS1
N

#2 mrb
0.95ct
VVS2
M
Platinum and 18ct yellow gold.
The original inspiration was a long sold ring on sin city finds, Edwardian but a little more elongated as the stones were smaller than what I was working with. I loved the vertical style as I just have such skinny fingers I was never going to be able to fit it across my finger. Finger size is just under an H New Zealand and I think that's about 3.5-3.75.

Very happy with the design and my jeweller just got it 100% right first time and is an exceptionally talented jeweller. European Jewellers in Christchurch and Blue Pearl Gallery in Akaroa, the quality of his work is sublime and a wonderful person to boot!

The name Marilyn is two fold, of course for Marilyn Monroe who I've always loved to read about and for my wonderful mum Marilyn Jane who is the strongest woman I know and I love her to bits!

Photos and more to come if you'd like...
DSC_0736.JPG DSC_0733.JPG DSC_0739.JPG DSC_0744.JPG
Thanks to all who have taken the time to respond to previous threads when I wasn't sure what to do. I am beyond happy.

I wish we had an emoji that spins around and then blows off fireworks! This thing is the !!! Classy in ever sense of the word!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty and unique! Great North/South finger coverage too!

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I wish we had an emoji that spins around and then blows off fireworks! This thing is the !!! Classy in ever sense of the word!
Thank you GardenLady21, that sounds like fun!! I think that emoji would be used a lot around here with all the gorgeous bling that gets posted.

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Really pretty and unique! Great North/South finger coverage too!
Thanks so much tyty333, I'm really loving wearing it.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like it....a lot!!!

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I like it....a lot!!!
Thank you so much for your kind comment prs. I'm loving it more and more each day!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results