carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Meet Marilyn

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi all,

I'm over the moon to introduce my new vertical 3 stone ruby and diamond forever ring.

Special and then a few photos!

1.50ct oval ruby

#1 mrb
0.96ct
VS1
N

#2 mrb
0.95ct
VVS2
M
Platinum and 18ct yellow gold.
The original inspiration was a long sold ring on sin city finds, Edwardian but a little more elongated as the stones were smaller than what I was working with. I loved the vertical style as I just have such skinny fingers I was never going to be able to fit it across my finger. Finger size is just under an H New Zealand and I think that's about 3.5-3.75.

Very happy with the design and my jeweller just got it 100% right first time and is an exceptionally talented jeweller. European Jewellers in Christchurch and Blue Pearl Gallery in Akaroa, the quality of his work is sublime and a wonderful person to boot!

The name Marilyn is two fold, of course for Marilyn Monroe who I've always loved to read about and for my wonderful mum Marilyn Jane who is the strongest woman I know and I love her to bits!

Photos and more to come if you'd like...
DSC_0736.JPG DSC_0733.JPG DSC_0739.JPG DSC_0744.JPG
Thanks to all who have taken the time to respond to previous threads when I wasn't sure what to do. I am beyond happy.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the crown baskets.
Looks lovely on your hand, too!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely and unique ring!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s an amazing ring @Weeivy73 and thanks for the recommendation as I’m in Christchurch so am always keen to hear of jewellers who’re good!
Please post more pictures..

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring. Huge ! Wow!
Rubies and diamonds always look fabulous.
Yes, we’ll have some more photos too.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, we all want your tiny finger size (hahahah makes everything look bigger in a good way!!!) :D

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Some more photos, thanks for the positive comments!
DSC_0747.JPG DSC_0746.JPG DSC_0745.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0746.JPG
    DSC_0746.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 54

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Some more...

DSC_0749.JPG DSC_0750.JPG
I'm loving the delicate yellow gold claws on my ruby.
And the heftier weight of the platinum, I've never owned a platinum ring before.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marilyn is dreamy!

marilynisdreamy.gif

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
What a fabulous, swoopy, gorgeous ring. I totally get Marilyn Monroe vibes from it but it's awesome your mummy is called Marilyn too!!! Super special!:kiss2: I'm going to go and stalk your other threads now to see the journey you went on to get to this point. You must be delighted!

Also, that box (the latch, especially) is pretty cool too! A charming house for a beyond charming ring!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I've just been going through your other threads. What an amazing journey you have been on and I'm so delighted that you have got to this stage! Honestly I can't even imagine how special this ring must be to you.

How is your husband feeling about it now? I hope he is delighted that you still have the ruby that signifies so many special things still on the finger it was put on originally! And that the setting is now secure and safe.

It's a wonderful design, I love the swoopy baskets. It's very antique looking, which is perfect too. I'm glad that your ruby can still take pride of place and I think the two diamonds were an awesome find, honestly! They look super sparkly and wonderful. I also love the two-tone, putting the ruby into yellow gold but the other diamonds into platinum! It's fabulous! :kiss2:

Really really delighted for you. Congratulations. :geek2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and wholly unique. Such a great look on your slender finger. Love it :love: Wear it in much happiness and love.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! It's just so different & pretty! Am I right in thinking this ruby was in your original engagement ring that was a family piece of your husband?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very unique and eye catching! So glad your jeweler was able to execute it exactly the way you wanted it. A keepsake for the ages!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous!:love:
I am a big fan of curving and circular designs. I love the spirals cradling the diamonds!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: She is BEAUTIFUL! And those antique style prongs are just delicious!! :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely and feminine and just beautiful on your gorgeous hands. The lengthwise setting totally emphasizes your long graceful fingers. Congratulations on this beautiful ring.

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Love the crown baskets.
Looks lovely on your hand, too!
Thank you for your kind comment Rfisher, I love the baskets and the way the rich yellow gold contrasts with the platinum.

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
That’s an amazing ring @Weeivy73 and thanks for the recommendation as I’m in Christchurch so am always keen to hear of jewellers who’re good!
Please post more pictures..
Thanks foxinsox, the quality of workmanship is just top notch and I really think he's one of THE best in Christchurch.

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Beautiful ring. Huge ! Wow!
Rubies and diamonds always look fabulous.
Yes, we’ll have some more photos too.
Thanks Bron357, I just love rubies and diamonds together and secretly always longed to have that look in platinum. Even though the diamonds are M and N colour they look whiter most of the time than I thought they would. I love the slight warmth of colour and I was never after super white diamonds, these are the perfect diamonds for me and I am thrilled to finally have something I can wear with confidence.

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous, we all want your tiny finger size (hahahah makes everything look bigger in a good way!!!) :D
Thank you arkieb1, my jeweller did a wonder job of fitting all that carat weight on my finger that's for sure.

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Marilyn is dreamy!

marilynisdreamy.gif
Thank you missy! I am in dreamland with my new ring!
My mum was born in 1953 and my granddad loved the name Marilyn so that's what he and my Nana decided to call my mum. But for some reason after a wee while my Nana switched out Marilyn for the middle name of Jane, which she's always been known as. I'm not sure of the timeline but I wonder if my Nana didn't like it because of the lovely Marilyn Monroe??

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
What a fabulous, swoopy, gorgeous ring. I totally get Marilyn Monroe vibes from it but it's awesome your mummy is called Marilyn too!!! Super special!:kiss2: I'm going to go and stalk your other threads now to see the journey you went on to get to this point. You must be delighted!

Also, that box (the latch, especially) is pretty cool too! A charming house for a beyond charming ring!
Thank you for your kind comment lykame, I am really so excited to finally have her on my finger. The box is very lux and I also love the latch.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! it's beautiful, another piece of art jewelry.. it looks beautiful on your hand also.. Marilyn is a beautiful name, and fits your ring. congratulations!

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Okay, I've just been going through your other threads. What an amazing journey you have been on and I'm so delighted that you have got to this stage! Honestly I can't even imagine how special this ring must be to you.

How is your husband feeling about it now? I hope he is delighted that you still have the ruby that signifies so many special things still on the finger it was put on originally! And that the setting is now secure and safe.

It's a wonderful design, I love the swoopy baskets. It's very antique looking, which is perfect too. I'm glad that your ruby can still take pride of place and I think the two diamonds were an awesome find, honestly! They look super sparkly and wonderful. I also love the two-tone, putting the ruby into yellow gold but the other diamonds into platinum! It's fabulous! :kiss2:

Really really delighted for you. Congratulations. :geek2:
I honestly started off feeling very scared of the process and having never done anything custom before I was nervous about it coming out the way I thought or hoped it would. My jeweller really is a pleasure and it's exceptionally clever at what he does. In a very un-pricescope manner I literally just gave him a photo of the inspiration ring.
He spent about 20 minutes measuring my finger and chatting with me about what I wanted and then delivered me the final product just over 2 weeks later!

My hubby is completely over the moon like me that we still have my gorgeous ruby as pride and place and honestly it is such a great spot for her.
The diamonds literally fell into my lap (well they were sitting in a cabinet at my work in an estate jewellery store!) GIA certs from the 1980's and they are such sparkle bombs, I can't believe I have them on my finger! Hubby bought them for me and I saved up for the setting so it feels like a lovely joint project.

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Wow! it's beautiful, another piece of art jewelry.. it looks beautiful on your hand also.. Marilyn is a beautiful name, and fits your ring. congratulations!
Thank you Tekate, I can't stop looking at her and I really feel the name embodies her too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results