shape
carat
color
clarity

Matching sets still in fashion?

Luxxy

Rough_Rock
I remember my mom had a matching bracelet, earrings and ring set of beautiful diamonds, and I would like to know if that is still in fashion? Do people still match all their jewelry or is that a thing of the past?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started a thread recently about this, can't post link as I am on my phone, sorry.

DK :))

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Luxxy|1479471419|4100102 said:
I remember my mom had a matching bracelet, earrings and ring set of beautiful diamonds, and I would like to know if that is still in fashion? Do people still match all their jewelry or is that a thing of the past?

Beautiful jewelry never goes out of fashion, and a suite of pieces can be mixed with others as well as worn individually. The funny thing about jewelry is what is in style now may go out of fashion a decade from now, but eventually what is old is new again. The halo trend, which has been popular for about 20 years now, was a hot trend back in the Victorian era, as well as in the 1960's. Trends in jewelry last much longer than they do in clothing or even home fashions!

Luxxy

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies. I guess you're right about jewelry fashion always coming back in fashion again. I understand what you mean about how I could wear one piece at a time and mix and match it up. Thanks for the advice.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think over time you will be clear on what appeals to you the most. :). And just go with that.

Luxxy

Rough_Rock
Acinom|1479596089|4100652 said:
dk168|1479474317|4100126 said:
I started a thread recently about this, can't post link as I am on my phone, sorry.

DK :))

Here's dk's recent thread about the same topic: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/matching-jewellery-accessories-make-up-etc.226903/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/matching-jewellery-accessories-make-up-etc.226903/[/URL]
Thanks for the link. I'll be sure to check that thread out. This is something that I have been wondering a lot about.

AllThingsSparkling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think so! I like matching. I have this sapphire set, a gift from my MIL. I would LOVE to have a princess Di ring made to match it.
fullsizerender__4__7.jpg

And then I got myself this set for my 30th bday :) its my day to day go-to.
ear_shot_0.jpg
image_4413.jpg

I think a bracelet to match might be overkill though.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I think so, but people do a lot of mixing & matching now too! I have a couple of sets, but don't have pics to share. :doh: One is a colored stone set and the other is a crisscut necklace/earring/ring set. I rarely wear any of it though because I tend to stick to the same stuff for daily wear. :wavey:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm from the school where anything you feel good wearing is fashionable. I have a few matching pieces...not always bought together but more because I loved something enough. For example, I had a pendant made to match the ring in my profile pic. But for some reason, I seldom wear them together :lol:

Luxxy

Rough_Rock
That ring is so beautiful. I'm convinced now. Matching jewelry is still very much in fashion and it's great that you can still take the individual pieces and wear them separately or with other stuff.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results