shape
carat
color
clarity

Matatora’s Lockes Solitaire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Matatora,
I really like the head on your ring. You may have answered this already, but would a band sit flush to it? It''s hard to tell in the pictures. Thanks!

blondie76

Rough_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous Matatora! It''s stunning and I''m so glad you can finally have your ring back, should be smooth sailing from here right?! Do you know if your band is 2 mm? 2.5? Bigger? Just curious.

Have a great week!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

Tea green- I believe there will be a small amount of negative space diving the engagement ring from the wedding band.

Blondie76- The shank of the ring is 2.5mm

Amandas_Jewels

Rough_Rock
Hey Mat! Just stoppin by again for my daily dose of your GORGEOUS HUGE ROCK! Your dog is so cute! Best wishes.
4.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow! A daily dose eh? Thank you Miss Amanda you flatter me, and my Ava.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Mat -- it''s gorgeous!!! I''m a big fan of Lockes!

I didn''t realize they would set other people''s diamonds. Is it less exensive than buying a diamond directly from them?

Sign me up for the NYC get together!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Hey AP!
I defiantly think we should all meet up over the summer! It would be great fun! I do not know how much the cost of a stone would have been with them, but they were so friendly and helpful, I would definitely ask, they were not in the least bit snobbish. I did not know they would set other’s diamonds until Demzela posted that they would. I am soo glad that they do though! I am super happy with the setting!

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful, Beautiful stone. Absolutely lovely! Nice and simple solitare setting. Fantastic ring!

-jason (Ukieza)

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Matatora,

I cannot make it through 13 pages ;-)

But - you''re ring is soooooo beautiful!! Wow, I am in love with your setting and your stone!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matatora,

I think I said this before but not sure...................your ring is my absolute dream ring!!
30.gif
The stone is gorgeous and the setting is my very favorite. I''m so happy for you that everything finally worked out.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: KittenKat
I cannot make it through 13 pages ;-)
Me, neither!!

But Matatora, your ring is TRULY my favorite classic solitaire!!

I''m convinced it will become a PriceScope legend....like Reena''s and Lovey''s (both of whom were long gone before I first arrived.)

Simply the best...

widget

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I just LOVE your setting Matatora. I think I will have to persuade my BF to go for this one. Does Lockes negotiate on the price much (if at all)?

Did you have them set the diamond for you and does that void WF''s warranty? Sorry if this has been answered before -- I skimmed through all the pages and I don''t think I saw these questions.

thanks!
30.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Jason I am really loving it!
9.gif

KittenKat- sorry I do enjoy pictures, and can go a bit overboard, I am glad you like it!

Oh thank you Michelle, I am very happy with it!

Widget- I could never aspire to be the next Lovey! I am just glad everyone likes it as much as I do, no one in “real life” has noticed it or said anything yet. I am so lucky to have PSers like yourself to share my joy with.
4.gif

Diamondlove- Lockes does not negotiate the price of the setting, though it does vary slightly by the mm size of your stone. They also will only set stones above a certain ct weight. Lockes doesn’t start making the setting until they have your stone, and have approved (for cut, clarity, color and overall appearance). I am not sure what you mean about the WF warranty though, if you mean the 10 day buy back period I would imagine it will take longer then that for you to send the stone to Lockes and have it set. If you have any other questions feel free to ask! The gentleman I worked with was nothing but polite and very sweet, it was an excellent experience.
What sort of stone do you have? Is there a thread I can read?

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2006 3:39:56 PM
Author: Matatora

Widget- I could never aspire to be the next Lovey! I am just glad everyone likes it as much as I do, no one in “real life” has noticed it or said anything yet. I am so lucky to have PSers like yourself to share my joy with.
4.gif

Isn''t that annoying in a way when you are totally excited about something and no one says anything about it?! Well, Mata, I''m sure they have noticed it. How could they not? They may be trying to be polite and not mention it. But it sure would be fun to have people swoon over it, huh! Don''t worry, like you said we are ALL swooning over it!

Also, Mata, you went with platinum. Was this personal preference on the look of the metal, etc. or do you think your small surprise diamonds ''require'' platinum for safety sake?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

Sunkist-no one noticing is a mixed blessing. I am painfully shy until I get to know people and I don’t care much for being the center of attention. But at the same time I am so happy that V asked me to be his wife that I cannot express it. And I want to wiggle my fingers in the lecture hall lights but that seems like showing off.

I don’t even know if they make the ring in WG, I never asked. I like the weight of the ring, and I like the way platinum ages. I am not sure if surprise diamonds “need” platinum that is something I am not qualified to answer. I do think that for someone who is highly spastic (me) that having a metal which wears away as gold does, that in the future I would be more likely to damage it. Plus I am not going to want to have to worry about getting it re-plated.

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your reply! No, we don''t have the stone yet but are in the process of shopping around. I may be mistaken by the WF warranty situation but I read on another thread (WF stone/Robbins Bros Setting) where people seemed to recommend for the poster to have WF set the stone rather than Robbins Bros because it would void some warranty if something happened to the stone.

Perhaps I have misunderstood something? I will go back and reread that thread but if you can, please clarify.

Thanks

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know how I missed this thread!!! OMG, your ring is beautiful! Congratulations, you must be so happy!!

jewelryjunkie

Rough_Rock
Matatora your ring is one of my favorites, and your diamond is to die for!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
10 Day Money Back this is the Whiteflash info, it does not say that if another company sets your stone that they will not take it back.

The issue I think that would bother you is that when you send your stone to Lockes you sign a full waiver saying that should anything happen to the stone that Lockes is free from any sort of recourse. In the other thread the setting was a stock setting, so it could be shipped to Whiteflash. The Lockes is made specially for the diamond it will hold. You run the risk that the diamond could be ruined and neither WF or Lockes would be responsible for getting you another, you would have to file with your insurance company.
Does this help?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Kalispera- Thank you!
1.gif

Jewelryjunkie-thanks I like it too!
5.gif

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Yes! You''ve been very helpful. Did you guys have insurance to cover the stone in the event that it did get injured while being set by Locke''s? It obviously turned out beautifully.
10.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
DL- Insurance is vital for every step of owning a diamond. We use Chubb for our jewelry insurance. However if you choose a WF setting and something happens to the stone, their insurance will cover it.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mat,

If I were you and in study hall, I would "quietly", be wiggly" my finger under the lights anyhow, ha ha ha.

You know, I still do that with my 20th annivesary ring my hubby and I designed 5 years ago I told you about.

I got caught doing that last week in my Dr.''s office by his receptionist. She laughed at me. OH well, at my age, we can still do that. HA!!!.

Linda P.S. and I LOVE the pink flashes in your ring, absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Can you send more pics of that? A stupid question here, did you ask for that in the stone, or were you just surprised when the ring arrived from WF?

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Mat: would you still have acess to that insurance without your families'' house? FI is telling me our insurance options are limited bc we do not own...

I ogled your ring again for a bit before asking
31.gif
so classic!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
LindaW- I did not ask for a pink tone, if I had known I could ask for such things I would have gotten blue. Nothing like a pale icy blue anything to make me sigh. I am glad to know that I am not the only one who wiggles their fingers, I was doing it as I walked across the quad today, I am sure that anyone who saw me thought I was mental.
37.gif

Oh and the stone is an ACA from WF but the ring itself is from a jeweler in NYC called Lockes!
RainbowTrout- The insurance policy is not part of my parents policies. I got it through their salesperson, but it is in my name and not theirs and is not related to their policies, I wish it was it would have been less for me. I would definitely call around, I have Chubb and so do others here on PS, but I have also seen posts where people said the first Chubb agent they spoke with would not insure it, but were later able to find someone willing. HTH

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Matatora, I didn''t know about that whole story about your first diamond being chipped until now! Egads! You''re right, only a true PS-er would understand. We can commiserate with you. But this diamond is spectacular!

I love the surprise diamonds, ALL the photos with the white flowers, the photo with the ring in between your dog''s toes, and the photo with your ring on the Breitling face. The box is also so pretty!!!! I can see why you took so many pics of it.

I''m glad this story had a happy ending.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Ahhhhh...I so love this ring. I even had a dream about it the other night. I didn''t dare tell hubby that I''m now dreaming about PSers rings...He''d commit me!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

Lizz- thank you for understanding, it is funny how emotionally attached we can become about things. Ava says thank you as well, she is a fabulous model when she chooses. I may have gone a teensy bit overboard with the pictures, but I do so enjoy taking them!

Miranda, oh wow! I feel so honored! I think you are right about not telling hubby, no worries though, PS is like Vegas, what happens here stays here.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Whoopsidaisy! I forgot about the real reason I initially was going to respond to this thread. I couldn''t figure out what your new avatar was when I saw it earlier. I thought it was some sort of rodent, then a cave, then when I sat my laptop down a little later and sat back, I finally realized what it was--a woman''s back. I''m glad I figured out what it was!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Wow what a nice thread to come back to!

Your new ring looks gorgeous!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results