shape
carat
color
clarity

Married ladies- who DOESN'T wear a wedding band?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After wearing my ring for a while, I thought about getting two small bands to wear with it, but I really like my ring on it's own. :love:It's a 2.04 K with emilya halo (so the spread is about 10mm total) on a size 4.5 finger. I love the donut, and the finger presence it gives. It's just so substantial on it's own. My husband could care less if I wear a wedding band. He says it's obvious we are married, and we aren't really that sentimental.

I was just wondering how many of you chose not to pair a band with your e-ring?

I attached a couple of pics. What do you think? Ok on it's own or would you add a band?

img_2652.jpg

img_2653.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't - never have. I like the look of the e-ring by itself - it's the biggest, prettiest part - the attention getter - and I like to show it off. :naughty:

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
I always always always wear mine! It means SOO much to me. No matter what my ering looks like, I will always wear it with my wedding band.

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
I don't wear a wedding band and never have. I am on my 3rd setting and each setting has deliberately been a stand alone piece that frankly would look awkward with a wedding band (thicker bands). With that said, I dream about having a halo setting like yours and I already think about all the great wedding bands I could get to wear with it!!! (Darn PS gives us too many ideas!!) But, I am so used to wider rings covering my finger, so a thin dainty band makes my finger feel naked!

Your ring is soooooo beautiful and looks gorgeous on your finger! I think it looks perfectly fine without a band and you shouldn't feel you need one. An option...you could get a band and just wear it on occasion...that would give you a different look every once in awhile when you feel like it.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soxfan, I haven't been wearing a band with my new setting either until the past few days… I feel like you - my setting takes up a lot of finger real estate and I think the ring just looks so nice on its own. Also, the band is platinum and my ering is 18k and I have this weird OCD worry that one of the rings is going to slice through the other in a matter of hours! But I've been wearing my thin vintage eternity with it over the weekend to see how I like it, and I'm on the fence. I think I still prefer it by itself, but I'll probably wear the band with it every once in a while, depending on my mood lol. It seems a shame to have a pretty little eternity and not ever wear it. But if I didn't already have a band, I really doubt I would have purchased one.

I'm 53 and have been married for 29 years, so I'm not worried about someone thinking I'm not married or anything like that! One of the nice things about being older is nobody pays attention to what you do anyway hehe. And my husband and I are not sentimental about rings.

Just wanted to let you know I understand where you're coming from. And I think your ring looks beautiful and absolutely fine on its own, and if that's the look you like, I think that's how you should wear it. You can always change your mind down the road anyway! :Up_to_something:

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm currently not wearing a wedding band because I don't like any of my stackers with my new ER. I do want a band though, my hand feels empty and alone! With an earlier version of my ER I wore it alone and it was fine! I say rock whatever you want.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
My original wedding band was very thin and soldered to the ering. It was like wearing one ring. When I did my reset, I could get comfortable with the idea of wearing two rings, plus the design didn't really allow for a w-band to be worn with it.

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I haven't for a couple of years. It's soldered to my e-ring, and one of the prongs on my e-ring is cracked and I haven't fixed it yet. I'll probably have the e-ring diamond re-set into a semi-bezel in the future and wear it and my wedding band on my right hand. On my left I'm wearing my 10th anniversary gift - a diamond in the Vatche Grace setting - and it has one of those surprise diamonds at the base of the gallery so I'm not keen to wear my band with it.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a plain wedding band 24\7 - it has never been removed & is my most treasured possession. But I have friends who chose not to wear their wedding rings in favor of a stand alone engagement ring. Its personal preference I think :))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[

I'm 53 and have been married for 29 years, so I'm not worried about someone thinking I'm not married or anything like that! One of the nice things about being older is nobody pays attention to what you do anyway hehe. And my husband and I are not sentimental about rings.

Just wanted to let you know I understand where you're coming from. And I think your ring looks beautiful and absolutely fine on its own, and if that's the look you like, I think that's how you should wear it. You can always change your mind down the road anyway! :Up_to_something:[/quote]

HI:

This!! Although I must admit I LOL the other day when a young gal commented on my ER--and asked me when I was getting married (I also don't wear a band!). It was charming! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always wear a band... when I'm not wearing my e-ring and my other jewelry I have a plain platinum band. I wear this to the gym, to the beach, to clean the kitchen, to sleep.. it's my all pupose band.

When I put on the rest of my jewelry I put on one or both of my pave' bands...and the plain band goes back in the jewelry box.

I think your ring is lovely and I think it's lovely without the band(s), it's completely a personal choice. When I was engaged I loved wearing the halo by itself.. they really are so lovely when they stand alone!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know lots of married women who separate their rings - ER on left hand, WB on right hand. Might be a regional thing.

Your ring looks great on its own but if you want to add a WB, I'd go for a thin plain metal band so as not to take away from ER.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sox, you should go with whatever makes you happy when you look at your finger, since your DH is not sentimental about it. I have worn my plain platinum 3.5mm band for 16 years. My finger is sooo deformed from wearing it. But I just realized I love the look of my e-ring with two blingy pave bands. So that's how I'm gonna go. Changing it after 16 years. Kinda can't get over it myself. :) Enjoy your super gorgeous VC Emilya.

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
Me! See my avatar. Married 35 years last week and see no reason to wear one. :wink2:

And, just love my Leon on its own.

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
I always wear my wedding band as my husband wears his. So the forever changing, deserve all attention e-ring has my entire right hand to herself.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I wear on ering on my right hand and eternity on the left... no real band

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
When I had my Julia solitaire I did not wear a wedding band, I couldn't find a band that I liked with it. Also due to the design, the diamond size, and diamond being set low, it created a larger gap than I wanted. It was ok though because I loved the look of the ring on it's own and it allowed me to stare at the gorgeous profile-which is why I chose the setting in the first place.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mother only wears a diamond 5 stone. Not really an e ring or a band.

My sisters husband, my father, and both my grandfathers don't. My fi thinks its weird. I think its weird he wants one. Ha!

nomissjane

Shiny_Rock
Hey Soxfan, I have the Emylia as well for my 2.12ct, so about the same size, and I mostly wear it by itself.
I love the look of the Emylia alone, and i agree it feels quite a presence all by itself.

I did have VC make the matching eternity to go with it and sometimes wear them with a 1mm plat spacer, but mostly by itself.
Every now and then I wear them together without the spacer...but veery infrequently.

I usually wear the matching VC eternity on my right hand with a larger eternity my hubby bought when our little girl was born.
I sometimes even stack them with my original eternity style wedding band and mix it up with plat or rose gold spacers in between.
I'm rubbish at posting photos but I try to show you what I mean.

_11817.jpg

_11818.jpg

_11819.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wear whatever makes you happy! If you like it without a wedding band, then do that.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I usually wear my ering solo as it's 3-sided pave. I occasionally wear my diamond band by itself. At home I wear neither.

To be honest I don't like the feel of any ring on my fingers but I love the way they look!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I usually wear one but I really like just my ering without a band. Someday when I reset my stone into a permanent setting I will not be wearing a wedding band with it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot remember my mom ever wearing a WB with her ER. She wears a 5 stone band on her other hand much of the time but never a WB with her ER. I really never thought about that before lol. Personally I like wearing a WB with my ER and when I received my ER upgrade I temporarily didn't have a WB that I could wear with it as my shared prong eternity band looked wrong so I went a few weeks without one and I didn't like the feeling.

You could always wear a WB on your other hand so as not to detract from your ER.

And just as an aside, my parents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary next month so not wearing a WB didn't affect their relationship at all. :cheeky: :appl:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the replies! I think if my husband hasn't already gone ahead and worked out the band with our jeweler, I am going to pass for now and just enjoy my ring. Also, if I DO decide I'd like something, I might just get it from IDJ where it's SO much cheaper. :lol:

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Blast from the past: My favorite great aunt (1894-1994), a suffragette, wore neither a wedding ring, which she called a badge of slavery, nor an engagement ring. My dear great uncle, to whom she was very happily married for half a century, humored her in everything. She wore an Eastern Star ring, which I suspect my uncle gave her, with tiny colored stones at the points of the star and a small diamond in the center, as I recall.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
boerumbiddy|1384193853|3554378 said:
Blast from the past: My favorite great aunt (1894-1994), a suffragette, wore neither a wedding ring, which she called a badge of slavery, nor an engagement ring. My dear great uncle, to whom she was very happily married for half a century, humored her in everything. She wore an Eastern Star ring, which I suspect my uncle gave her, with tiny colored stones at the points of the star and a small diamond in the center, as I recall.

I have a friend who says about the same "just a reason for a man to claim ownership. "

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can a guy weigh in here..........I wear my wedding band 24/7. It's that comfortable. However, my bride takes all her jewelry off at night to sleep, no jewelry at all. She wears both the ER and the wedding band together. When we go on vacation and we are doing lots of activities that I think could damage the ER, I ask her to leave it home and she just brings the wedding band. Does not wear the wedding band during the day on active days like hiking or canoeing, but puts it on for dinner. She does not have a separate, knock around wedding band, just the eternity band I gave her when we got married. However, whatever makes you happy, there are no rules.

Edit: Just another thought. I do look at peoples hands and wrists. I am a watch enthusiast. When I look at a woman hand and I notice just the ER, then I naturally thing she is engaged, maybe not married. So I wonder, OP, if this is the reaction from other people, this is what you want to give off. Again, its your rings and your finger, and you should do what you want and who cares what people think.

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
Before you commit to custom making 2 bands....have you tried wearing some fun cheapie ones? Maybe sterling silver...etc...just to see and that ways there's no expense involved?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to think I'd wear my e-ring on its own with no band... but I like thick rings that cover knuckle to knuckle. I don't like my e-ring so much with a single band but with my thick stack... YES. When I wear all three and have, what, over a centimeter wide stack, I really KNOW I have some rings on and I always like that feeling when I wear rings, lol. If my ring was naturally wide on its own, maybe I wouldn't.

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
I don't because it looks better alone. Your ring will be amazing with or without!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results