shape
carat
color
clarity

Married ladies- who DOESN'T wear a wedding band?

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
WillyDiamond|1384220719|3554703 said:
Can a guy weigh in here..........I wear my wedding band 24/7. It's that comfortable. However, my bride takes all her jewelry off at night to sleep, no jewelry at all. She wears both the ER and the wedding band together. When we go on vacation and we are doing lots of activities that I think could damage the ER, I ask her to leave it home and she just brings the wedding band. Does not wear the wedding band during the day on active days like hiking or canoeing, but puts it on for dinner. She does not have a separate, knock around wedding band, just the eternity band I gave her when we got married. However, whatever makes you happy, there are no rules.

Edit: Just another thought. I do look at peoples hands and wrists. I am a watch enthusiast. When I look at a woman hand and I notice just the ER, then I naturally thing she is engaged, maybe not married. So I wonder, OP, if this is the reaction from other people, this is what you want to give off. Again, its your rings and your finger, and you should do what you want and who cares what people think.

Thanks for a guy's perspective WD. I've always thought the same thing when I see a woman wearing only her e-ring. Most of the time I ask "when's the wedding" and 100% of the time (so far), they aren't married and start talking about wedding plans, etc.

Since getting married, I never wear my e-ring w/out my w-band, so I designed the two rings to work as a complimentary set (and had them lightly soldered for ease of handling). At times, however, I'll wear my wedding band alone, so DH suggested we have a second eternity band made for that purpose.

Of course, there are no rules and I think what's most important is to have options, versatility, and fun with your rings!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous as a standalone ring Soxfan! It gives enough presence and finger coverage. It's a very sophisticated look to wear your ring seperately :love:

The important people in your neighbourhood will know that you are married! Who cares anout the others?

I used to wear my w-ring all the time. Now I only wear it when I feel like it.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
soxfan|1384101044|3553833 said:
After wearing my ring for a while, I thought about getting two small bands to wear with it, but I really like my ring on it's own. :love:It's a 2.04 K with emilya halo (so the spread is about 10mm total) on a size 4.5 finger. I love the donut, and the finger presence it gives. It's just so substantial on it's own. My husband could care less if I wear a wedding band. He says it's obvious we are married, and we aren't really that sentimental.

I was just wondering how many of you chose not to pair a band with your e-ring?

I attached a couple of pics. What do you think? Ok on it's own or would you add a band?

Have you tried it with a band or two? It looks fine on it's own, but I'd love to see it paired w/ two super thin (super micro?) diamond bands (around 1.5mm or smaller each). A friend of mine did that when she got married recently and I thought the look was really unique. I know I've seen them on PS somewhere as well because there was a discussion about the security of the stones, etc etc etc but I just loved the look.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
When I was in my 20's, I tried not wearing a wedding band and people constantly asked when my wedding was going to be. I figured when I turned 38 that no one would ask and they would assume I was married. Nope! I didn't wear a wedding ring for a little while recently and I think I was asked within one day when I was going to get married. So, truthfully, one of the reasons I wear a wedding band is so I'm not constantly asked!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just spent the weekend camping and wore just the solitaire for the first time in ages - usually I'm a stacking girl - and I loved the switch. Counter intuitively, it seemed to make the stone much bigger! Think I'll add this look into regular rotation ....

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear a WB with my solitaire but I actually like my e-ring on its own better from a purely esthetic perspective. But somehow it doesn't feel "married" to me when I wear it alone. Not that others ask if I am engaged when I wear only one ring... I don't think anyone has ever asked me that, even when I was engaged! The feeling is just in my own mind. So I wear two rings when I wear my solitaire.

When I don't wear my platinum wedding set I wear a 2mm or a 7mm yellow gold plain wedding band.

Circe|1384789343|3558463 said:
I just spent the weekend camping and wore just the solitaire for the first time in ages - usually I'm a stacking girl - and I loved the switch. Counter intuitively, it seemed to make the stone much bigger! Think I'll add this look into regular rotation ....

Only you, Circe, would "scale down" for camping by wearing a 2.5ct diamond solitaire :tongue:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results