shape
carat
color
clarity

Married in Maui--Harleigh''s Wedding Photos!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 8:02:47 AM
Author: geckodani

Date: 9/3/2008 12:07:51 AM
Author: Harleigh

Date: 9/2/2008 10:55:49 PM
OMG Harleigh - not only did you get married by the same minister that married us 2 years ago, but I think you had the same photographer! LOL. Probably not, but the attitude sounds similar. You look gorgeous!

You look so happy, and your pics look great despite whatever drama you had with your photographer - I love the color of the bridesmaid dresses!
LOL, dani! That is too funny! Did you go through a wedding planner? As far as I know, she only works through the company we went through...THEY were wonderful, but as my dad said, the photographer looked like a former crack you-know-what...she was really strung out and on edge...I was NOT happy.

Thanks so much for the nice compliments...I was really happy with how everything looked! The girls'' dresses (which are much more of a fuchsia pink than in the pictures) were the $24.99 ones I found at ROSS and the guys'' shirts were on clearance at Mervyn''s for about $12 or 13! I am a frugal bride, that''s for sure!
That''s awesome with the dresses! Yeah, we went through a wedding planner. Precious Maui Weddings. We had SUCH drama with our photographer. We had paid for a package of I think 30 photos with the option to buy the negatives at an additional cost depending on how many negatives. The package wording (it''s changed as a result now...) made it sound like we could pick and choose our negatives up to a certain number. I think it was $100 for every additional 25 negatives? I don''t remember. Anyway, she made us drive down to Wailea (we were staying in Kaanapaali) to the Ritz Photo to view our photos... Then wanted $500 for the negatives. ''This is where I make my money. You have to pay for all of them or you get none.'' She had padded the negative count, taking pictures of leaves, the limo drivers etc - things we neither wanted nor needed. Well, I was pissed, but we didn''t have $500 for the negatives just kicking around, so we picked out our photos. She paid the Ritz Camera people like 20 bucks and left.

And.... the equipment was broken. So no photos ''til 5. Okay, so we went to the Marine center. Then called at 5. Still broken. We had now had to re-schedule a dinner cruise, lost a day of our honeymoon and had no photos. At this point I was so ticked off that I put on my actress hat and called the photographer. No answer. Called our coordinator.... Left a message and told her the whole story, threw in some broken voice teary comments about just wanting my photos etc etc etc. Got a call back 10 seconds later from the photographer.

She wanted us to drive down again to get the photos. I lied and told her we were leaving the next day (I had already lost a day of my Honeymoon and was NOT happy). She said she would meet us at the gas station on the way to the airport with our photos, and if for some reason they were not ready she would just give us the negatives.

Well, I threw a suitcase full of laundry in the car, had our tickets out, met her at the gas station and managed to talk her into giving us all the negatives for $100 since it had been such a horrid experience.

So, it all worked out - but dang some of those photographers have quite the scam set up! Captive couples on their honeymoons that have to shell out to get their negatives.
8.gif
My coordinator has re-worded the agreement on the website to make it clearer that you have to purchase ALL of the negatives. Argh.

ETA: I LOVE your shoes, LOL!!!
Hi Dani!

We went through ForeverMauied.com, but I know they have other names like Timeless Memories, etc... Were your photographer''s initials TR? It sounds just like her trying to get more money out of us when we''d already agreed on and paid for a package...too weird! I am certain that I don''t have your acting abilities...I had to hold my tongue the entire time...I couldn''t believe the difference in her demeanor and professional manner when we went to her house...I think she''s psychotic!

Glad you liked the shoes! I''m bummed that I didn''t get the heel protectors for them, and since they didn''t turn off the water, they got pretty water-stained...I''m going to take them to a shoe repair place and see if they can be fixed, because I just LOVE LOVE LOVE them! I would love to be able to wear them out with jeans or some hot outfit!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful pics! That one with the rainbow and waterfall is just breathtaking.
30.gif
She would've been a dolt if she made you miss that! (what's up with all the bad photographers lately?!). I love the bright fuchsia and mellow green together - what a beautiful colour combination! My colours were fuchsia and green too (lime green), but it didn't 'pop' as nicely as yours.
1.gif

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous wedding. The pictures on the beach literally made me catch my breath. So gorgeous!

Now, where''s that drooling emoticon?

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pictures, Harleigh! I can''t BELIEVE she gave you such a hard time.
29.gif
Seriously, missing those rainbow pics would have been criminal. And agreed with everyone else: your dress looks phenomenal on you, like a greek goddess. Congrats!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 4:39:58 PM

Date: 9/3/2008 8:02:47 AM

That''s awesome with the dresses! Yeah, we went through a wedding planner. Precious Maui Weddings. We had SUCH drama with our photographer. We had paid for a package of I think 30 photos with the option to buy the negatives at an additional cost depending on how many negatives. The package wording (it''s changed as a result now...) made it sound like we could pick and choose our negatives up to a certain number. I think it was $100 for every additional 25 negatives? I don''t remember. Anyway, she made us drive down to Wailea (we were staying in Kaanapaali) to the Ritz Photo to view our photos... Then wanted $500 for the negatives. ''This is where I make my money. You have to pay for all of them or you get none.'' She had padded the negative count, taking pictures of leaves, the limo drivers etc - things we neither wanted nor needed. Well, I was pissed, but we didn''t have $500 for the negatives just kicking around, so we picked out our photos. She paid the Ritz Camera people like 20 bucks and left.

And.... the equipment was broken. So no photos ''til 5. Okay, so we went to the Marine center. Then called at 5. Still broken. We had now had to re-schedule a dinner cruise, lost a day of our honeymoon and had no photos. At this point I was so ticked off that I put on my actress hat and called the photographer. No answer. Called our coordinator.... Left a message and told her the whole story, threw in some broken voice teary comments about just wanting my photos etc etc etc. Got a call back 10 seconds later from the photographer.

She wanted us to drive down again to get the photos. I lied and told her we were leaving the next day (I had already lost a day of my Honeymoon and was NOT happy). She said she would meet us at the gas station on the way to the airport with our photos, and if for some reason they were not ready she would just give us the negatives.

Well, I threw a suitcase full of laundry in the car, had our tickets out, met her at the gas station and managed to talk her into giving us all the negatives for $100 since it had been such a horrid experience.

So, it all worked out - but dang some of those photographers have quite the scam set up! Captive couples on their honeymoons that have to shell out to get their negatives.
8.gif
My coordinator has re-worded the agreement on the website to make it clearer that you have to purchase ALL of the negatives. Argh.

ETA: I LOVE your shoes, LOL!!!
Hi Dani!

We went through ForeverMauied.com, but I know they have other names like Timeless Memories, etc... Were your photographer''s initials TR? It sounds just like her trying to get more money out of us when we''d already agreed on and paid for a package...too weird! I am certain that I don''t have your acting abilities...I had to hold my tongue the entire time...I couldn''t believe the difference in her demeanor and professional manner when we went to her house...I think she''s psychotic!

Glad you liked the shoes! I''m bummed that I didn''t get the heel protectors for them, and since they didn''t turn off the water, they got pretty water-stained...I''m going to take them to a shoe repair place and see if they can be fixed, because I just LOVE LOVE LOVE them! I would love to be able to wear them out with jeans or some hot outfit!

So weird. No, her initials were NN... but she sounds like the clone of your photographer! When I made the "teary" phone call I was so convincing DH thought I was sobbing. I wasn''t. I was PISSED.

I hope you can get your shoes wearable again! They rock!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 12:29:22 AM

Hi Skippy!

It was a wonderful day...thanks so much for the sweet compliments!

P.S. I''m looking for some turtle pix to share with you on your turtle thread...we actually saw one snorkeling, but the rest were at the aquarium...they were my favorites, so I was excited to see your cute little guy! He has the best turtle mama ever having you as his new owner!
I would LOVE to see your turtle pics, thanks for your sweet words!!! Love your pictures!!!
30.gif
30.gif

juleswiththecushion

Rough_Rock
Harleigh I absolutely love your dress - I''ve been looking for something like this for a while! Do you mind me asking the designer?

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Harleigh, these photos are beautiful! You look so happy! Has your backyard reception happened yet, or is that still to come? Sorry if you''ve said...I''ve been distracted lately and haven''t been reading everything very carefully, but I was wondering how it all is going/went
1.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, Harleigh''s back! I mean, I know you''ve been back for a while now, but it''s good to "see" you again. I love your photos! I know you had issues with your photographer, but these pics are really great. Best wishes to you and the Mr.
1.gif

snuggles1

Shiny_Rock
Nice wedding photos! Your wedding looked beautiful!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
despite the drama, you''ve got some FANTASTIC pictures! love them! and oh my! that dress.... made-for-YOU.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 11:39:30 PM
Sunset pix...

This picture is absolutely gorgeous!!! They are all great, but this one just took my breath away! Congrats, and sorry you had to deal with photog. drama! At least you got some great pictures out of it!

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Harleigh, congratulations!!! You looked so beautiful (as did everyone else!) and the pictures are so beautiful! I love the rainbow ones and the beach ones. I wish we had a beach near our ceremony site too so we coudl have gotten some sunset pictures. hehe.

Congrats again! So beautiful! :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pictures, Harleigh!!! The rainbow is terrific!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Awwwwwwwww congratulations!!! Wow you were gorgeous, I love the gown!!!!!!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
harleigh, I had to go hunting for this thread when I saw your post in someone else''s wedding thread. I don''t know how I miss this one. I had to resurrect it to say congratulations! You looked so beautiful, the beach photos were incredible and I love how tan you and Russ are!!! You both look great. Best wishes!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2008 10:33:36 PM
Author: CrownJewel
harleigh, I had to go hunting for this thread when I saw your post in someone else''s wedding thread. I don''t know how I miss this one. I had to resurrect it to say congratulations! You looked so beautiful, the beach photos were incredible and I love how tan you and Russ are!!! You both look great. Best wishes!
Oh my goodness! CrownJewel, first of all, thank you for the kind words...so very kind of you!

Second of all, to all of the ladies I now see I never replied to...I just saw my thread at the top again and noticed CrownJewel''s reply, and now I see there was a whole page of this threat that I never responded to!

For a few weeks, I didn''t receive anything from PS letting me know there were replies to any threads I was on...I honestly thought I was a leper or something, as in, gee, after I post, no one''s got ANYTHING to say, sheesh! I have also been so busy with marriage, moving and a new school year that I really didn''t have time to look into many threads, so didn''t worry about whether or not someone had responded.

Nope, it turns out that all of my PS emails started going to my spam folder, and by the time I realized it, none of the ones from this thread were left, and I never thought to check it!

So, please accept my apologies, and I will take the time to respond to all of you now!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 4:58:03 PM
Author: Sha
Wow, beautiful pics! That one with the rainbow and waterfall is just breathtaking.
30.gif
She would''ve been a dolt if she made you miss that! (what''s up with all the bad photographers lately?!). I love the bright fuchsia and mellow green together - what a beautiful colour combination! My colours were fuchsia and green too (lime green), but it didn''t ''pop'' as nicely as yours.
1.gif
Thanks, Sha! I saw a beautiful rainbow the other day and it reminded me of Maui...I wish I was back there right now!

I loved my colors, too, but the girls dresses were much more "pink" in person than they appeared in the photos...they took on a color of their own in the photos. The guys'' shirts were also a much more muted celery green in person, but they were pretty darn bright in the photos!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 5:21:40 PM
Author: pjean
What a gorgeous wedding. The pictures on the beach literally made me catch my breath. So gorgeous!

Now, where''s that drooling emoticon?
Thank you, pjean! I love looking at the photos so much that I look forward to when my slideshow screensaver kicks in on my laptop...I just sit there enthralled!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 5:36:18 PM
Author: Selkie
Beautiful pictures, Harleigh! I can''t BELIEVE she gave you such a hard time.
29.gif
Seriously, missing those rainbow pics would have been criminal. And agreed with everyone else: your dress looks phenomenal on you, like a greek goddess. Congrats!
Hi Selkie! Long time, no see! I like that, Greek goddess...maybe I could pull that off for Halloween this year? At least then I could get another wear outta it! Hee hee...I think I might give that a try!

We are still in "negotiations" read here: arguing, with our wedding planner regarding the remainder of our wedding photos we are supposed to receive on CD as per our contract. I lost several of the emails I was writing by hitting an unknown button on my laptop and just am not in the mood to try to draft another email stating our case yet again...just too tired...maybe next week!

Thanks for the nice compliments! I hope all is well with you!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 5:36:45 PM

So weird. No, her initials were NN... but she sounds like the clone of your photographer! When I made the ''teary'' phone call I was so convincing DH thought I was sobbing. I wasn''t. I was PISSED.

I hope you can get your shoes wearable again! They rock!
Hi dani! I am getting near that point myself...we have gotten nowhere with the photographer or the wedding planner.

I haven''t figured out the shoe issue yet...I asked Freke, her being our resident shoe expert and all, but I have since learned she is a closet shoe hoarder...she doesn''t actually wear those beauts outside of the house, so she has not had to deal with this issue!
9.gif
Had I known I was only supposed to wear them from the closet to the couch, I would not be having this dilemma right now!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 10:44:25 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 9/3/2008 12:29:22 AM

Hi Skippy!

It was a wonderful day...thanks so much for the sweet compliments!

P.S. I''m looking for some turtle pix to share with you on your turtle thread...we actually saw one snorkeling, but the rest were at the aquarium...they were my favorites, so I was excited to see your cute little guy! He has the best turtle mama ever having you as his new owner!
I would LOVE to see your turtle pics, thanks for your sweet words!!! Love your pictures!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Ruh roh...never sent the turtle pix! How is your little guy doing, Skippy? Are you still a happy turtle mama?

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 11:25:31 PM
Author: juleswiththecushion
Harleigh I absolutely love your dress - I''ve been looking for something like this for a while! Do you mind me asking the designer?
Hi Jules...I see you haven''t posted since this day...so sorry I didn''t see this and get back to you sooner!

It is the Casablanca 1831...neatfreak had the same one with no beading, and I think she shortened or got rid of the train.

HTH!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2008 2:03:42 AM
Author: Octavia
Harleigh, these photos are beautiful! You look so happy! Has your backyard reception happened yet, or is that still to come? Sorry if you''ve said...I''ve been distracted lately and haven''t been reading everything very carefully, but I was wondering how it all is going/went
1.gif
Thanks so much, Octavia!

We had our backyard reception in August, and aside from a few glitches, it was a perfect day! It was so great to see everyone, and even though it got hot for awhile in the late afternoon, a huge breeze swept in and it actually got chilly!

I hear you about being distracted...I can''t seem to keep track of anything these days!

I hope everything is going well with you! I need to catch up on your threads, too!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2008 7:25:18 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Yay, Harleigh''s back! I mean, I know you''ve been back for a while now, but it''s good to ''see'' you again. I love your photos! I know you had issues with your photographer, but these pics are really great. Best wishes to you and the Mr.
1.gif
Hi Zoe! It''s so great to "see" you again, too!

How is married life treating you? I hope things at home and work are going well...how''s the new school year going for you? I can''t believe we''re in the middle of Week 9 at my school...yikes! Where DOES the time go?

Take care, hun!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2008 1:52:44 AM
Author: snuggles1
Nice wedding photos! Your wedding looked beautiful!
Thank you, snuggles!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2008 7:21:03 AM
Author: jcrow
despite the drama, you''ve got some FANTASTIC pictures! love them! and oh my! that dress.... made-for-YOU.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Hi jcrow! How are you? Thanks for the kind words! I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
my dress! It was totally me! Of course, I liked it even more with the fuchsia shoes!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2008 7:34:01 AM
Author: Sabine

This picture is absolutely gorgeous!!! They are all great, but this one just took my breath away! Congrats, and sorry you had to deal with photog. drama! At least you got some great pictures out of it!
Hi Sabine!

I loved the sunset pix, too! I honestly cannot tell you which is my favorite picture out of them all!

How is married life treating you?

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2008 11:52:25 AM
Author: April Diamonds
Harleigh, congratulations!!! You looked so beautiful (as did everyone else!) and the pictures are so beautiful! I love the rainbow ones and the beach ones. I wish we had a beach near our ceremony site too so we coudl have gotten some sunset pictures. hehe.

Congrats again! So beautiful! :D
April! Hello! How are you? So nice to "see" you again!

We were very lucky on some of the photos...I cannot stress enough to brides to lay out a plan of desired photos beforehand and get that in writing...that was by far my biggest mistake as it was just "discussed" and "agreed upon" verbally. There were so many other beautiful pictures I would have liked to have had, but I''ve learned to love the ones I DO have.

Thanks for the kind words...I hope all is well with you!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2008 3:03:37 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Beautiful pictures, Harleigh!!! The rainbow is terrific!
Thanks, diamondseeker! I
30.gif
the rainbow, too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results