shape
carat
color
clarity

Married in Maui--Harleigh''s Wedding Photos!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
And the sun goes down...

53n619422978_807858_4881.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Everything looked beautiful! Congratulations!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
A BEAUTIFUL DAY!The last picture of you is elegant!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Pretty sunset...

54n619422978_808137_3133.jpg

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Last one...

55n619422978_807859_6490.jpg

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Well, that''s it, everyone...I hope you enjoyed them!

Thank you, ladies, for all of your support getting me through this wedding...I couldn''t have done this without all of you!

You are all the very best!

Love,

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some of those beach shots are INCREDIBLE.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 11:49:51 PM
Author: diamondfan
I agree, it looks so romantic and beautiful
30.gif
30.gif

Harleigh, you are a gorgeous bride and what a handsome hubby you have there!!! MANY CONGRATS
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Harleigh, I love the latest pics you posted -- gorgeous! You and your bridal party look wonderful. If I were you, I''d have these pics plastered all over my house!!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 10:55:49 PM
Author: geckodani
OMG Harleigh - not only did you get married by the same minister that married us 2 years ago, but I think you had the same photographer! LOL. Probably not, but the attitude sounds similar. You look gorgeous!

You look so happy, and your pics look great despite whatever drama you had with your photographer - I love the color of the bridesmaid dresses!
LOL, dani! That is too funny! Did you go through a wedding planner? As far as I know, she only works through the company we went through...THEY were wonderful, but as my dad said, the photographer looked like a former crack you-know-what...she was really strung out and on edge...I was NOT happy.

Thanks so much for the nice compliments...I was really happy with how everything looked! The girls'' dresses (which are much more of a fuchsia pink than in the pictures) were the $24.99 ones I found at ROSS and the guys'' shirts were on clearance at Mervyn''s for about $12 or 13! I am a frugal bride, that''s for sure!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 11:02:28 PM
Author: Linda W
Hi Harleigh sweetheart
35.gif

Oh what a gorgeous bride you were. You look simply stunning and I love your dress. Rusty looks so handsome too.

I think the pictures you posted are beautiful. I sure have missed you.

Love, Linda
Hi Mom Linda!

I sure have missed you, too! I''m so glad you like the pictures! I''ll try to get more of the dinner, trip and reception posted soon, too, and I will try to be on here a bit more...school is back in session and I''m still trying to get everything moved out of my house and into Rusty''s, so time doesn''t seem to be my own these days!

Love,

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 11:12:39 PM
Harleigh, it all looks so lovely! You were a beautiful bride!!
Thanks, diamondfan! So nice to "see" you again!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Awesome pictures Harleigh!! You looked Fabulous!!!
I am partial to beach and sunset pictures, but I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
the bling and dress detail photos too!!

I really do think the ones on the beach are exquisite.

Congratulations.
36.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 11:13:47 PM
Author: Gypsy
I''m so glad you bought that dress. It''s just a gorgeous dress on you!

You look beautiful and SO tan! I know how dissappointed you were with the photographer and certainly you should post reviews of her wherever you can warning people cause god, who wants to deal with that. I''m sorry you had to. Still and all the pics you posted are really lovely, and despite her best attempts to sour your mood, you look like a happy glowing bride.

Many congrats honey!
Hi Gypsy!

I am so glad I ended up with this dress, too...it is so totally me, and it was absolutely comfortable to wear. Everyone commented that it was a totally "Harleigh" style dress, which was nice to hear!

I was pretty tan...we have a pool here at the house, but I try to be careful out in the sun so had been using self-tanning cream before we left, but then I began panicking about it rubbing off on the dress, so I stopped. We did go snorkeling the day before the wedding and my back got a lot of color, and then I think we had one day out at the pool with suntan lotion (low SPF) a few days before, so I was really happy with my color. I actually did my own makeup and was amazed that I actually pulled it off (I have REALLY shaky hands, so was a tad bit worried!) I used Bare Minerals and it held up pretty darn well...I could have used a little powder in the humidity, but not too bad overall, I don''t think! Thanks for the lovely compliments...so sweet of you!

I am trying to hold my tongue where the photographer is concerned as I still do not have the other pictures on cd in hand...the wedding planner just emailed me that they would not be touched up, which is a joke since most of these weren''t touched at all, and she wants us to release them of any further responsibility where the pictures on CD are concerned, so am waiting for Rusty to come home to deal with that one, which won''t be until Thursday, so I''ll think about it more then. You can be sure I will be filing a complaint against her with someone in Maui after this is all said and done...scary thing is that she was sweet as pie when we went to pick up the pictures...a completely different person...it was eery! (And I think it''s funny you said I still looked lovely in spite of her...I saw a couple pix that were not so flattering where I looked like I was ready to raise the roof! Yikes! Not my best look at all!)

Thanks so much for chiming in...I see things are moving right along for your wedding...I can''t wait to see everything put together!
36.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 11:15:56 PM
Author: iluvcarats
Congratulations on your wedding! You looked beautiful!
Thank you, iluvcarats!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 11:26:45 PM
Author: Blair138
FABULOUS SHOES!! Everything looks beautiful! Congrats!!
Thank you, Blair! Hee hee...the shoes were by far my favorite part! I just
30.gif
them!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 11:39:04 PM
Author: Harriet
Aw, Harleigh, you looked lovely.
P.S. Great figure!
2.gif
Thank you, Harriet...that''s very sweet of you!

I am looking forward to seeing your wedding pictures, too!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 11:41:08 PM
Author: snlee
Everything looked beautiful! Congratulations!
Hi snlee!

Thanks so much!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 11:41:44 PM
Author: jewelerman
A BEAUTIFUL DAY!The last picture of you is elegant!
Thank you, jewelerman...so sweet of you to say!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi again!

Those and the rainbow shots are my favs!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 12:22:28 AM
Author: Harleigh

Hi Gypsy!

I am so glad I ended up with this dress, too...it is so totally me, and it was absolutely comfortable to wear. Everyone commented that it was a totally ''Harleigh'' style dress, which was nice to hear!

I was pretty tan...we have a pool here at the house, but I try to be careful out in the sun so had been using self-tanning cream before we left, but then I began panicking about it rubbing off on the dress, so I stopped. We did go snorkeling the day before the wedding and my back got a lot of color, and then I think we had one day out at the pool with suntan lotion (low SPF) a few days before, so I was really happy with my color. I actually did my own makeup and was amazed that I actually pulled it off (I have REALLY shaky hands, so was a tad bit worried!) I used Bare Minerals and it held up pretty darn well...I could have used a little powder in the humidity, but not too bad overall, I don''t think! Thanks for the lovely compliments...so sweet of you!

I am trying to hold my tongue where the photographer is concerned as I still do not have the other pictures on cd in hand...the wedding planner just emailed me that they would not be touched up, which is a joke since most of these weren''t touched at all, and she wants us to release them of any further responsibility where the pictures on CD are concerned, so am waiting for Rusty to come home to deal with that one, which won''t be until Thursday, so I''ll think about it more then. You can be sure I will be filing a complaint against her with someone in Maui after this is all said and done...scary thing is that she was sweet as pie when we went to pick up the pictures...a completely different person...it was eery! (And I think it''s funny you said I still looked lovely in spite of her...I saw a couple pix that were not so flattering where I looked like I was ready to raise the roof! Yikes! Not my best look at all!)

Thanks so much for chiming in...I see things are moving right along for your wedding...I can''t wait to see everything put together!
36.gif

Hmm. Crazy photographer. Some people just don''t have the temperment to be in a service industry. Problem is most of them hide it until it''s too late. Wait till you have the pics, then just full out blast the woman. You did your own makeup? It looks fabulous! You look fabulous! Great job, but then you have a great canvas. Yup, our wedding planning is moving along. I can''t believe sometimes that its so close, at other times I just want it HERE. I''m sure every bride feels the same way.
2.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 11:52:11 PM
Author: Skippy123

I agree, it looks so romantic and beautiful
30.gif
30.gif

Harleigh, you are a gorgeous bride and what a handsome hubby you have there!!! MANY CONGRATS
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Hi Skippy!

It was a wonderful day...thanks so much for the sweet compliments!

P.S. I''m looking for some turtle pix to share with you on your turtle thread...we actually saw one snorkeling, but the rest were at the aquarium...they were my favorites, so I was excited to see your cute little guy! He has the best turtle mama ever having you as his new owner!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 11:57:11 PM
Author: Krissie
Harleigh, I love the latest pics you posted -- gorgeous! You and your bridal party look wonderful. If I were you, I''d have these pics plastered all over my house!!
Hi Krissie!

They are, they are! I think I may be driving Rusty crazy with them, actually! I have them in all sizes, color, B & W, etc... And I haven''t even started the album yet! Poor guy really didn''t realize what he was getting into when he married me...I am a photo fiend! I have pictures of us and all of our friends up all over the house...he can''t escape the pictures around here, and the wedding ones have just begun!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 12:13:58 AM
Author: miraclesrule
Awesome pictures Harleigh!! You looked Fabulous!!!
I am partial to beach and sunset pictures, but I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
the bling and dress detail photos too!!

I really do think the ones on the beach are exquisite.

Congratulations.
36.gif
Hi there,

Thanks so much! Those are my favorite pix, too, especially because there aren''t shadows on our faces and no one is squinting into the sun. I know you can relate to the disappointment with some of the pictures...I really hope you get some of the pictures you want in her follow-up session...wish I could have one of those, too!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 12:28:26 AM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 9/3/2008 12:22:28 AM

Hi Gypsy!

I am so glad I ended up with this dress, too...it is so totally me, and it was absolutely comfortable to wear. Everyone commented that it was a totally ''Harleigh'' style dress, which was nice to hear!

36.gif

Hmm. Crazy photographer. Some people just don''t have the temperment to be in a service industry. Problem is most of them hide it until it''s too late. Wait till you have the pics, then just full out blast the woman. You did your own makeup? It looks fabulous! You look fabulous! Great job, but then you have a great canvas. Yup, our wedding planning is moving along. I can''t believe sometimes that its so close, at other times I just want it HERE. I''m sure every bride feels the same way.
2.gif
I swear she had a split personality, and our wedding planner (owner of company, not there on day of) seemed stunned to find out she was anything less than stellar, and she had been pretty up front about everything until that occurred...now I sense her loyalties divided between an employee of hers and a bride who has already paid her money and most is said and done, oh well. I''ll let you know how it all turns out on that end.

Yep, did my own makeup...still not sure how I pulled it off, because I practiced at both of my showers, and I swear I looked sorta like a drag queen...it was a bit too much, so luckily I figured out how to tone it down enough on the eyes and plump it up a bit more on the cheeks and lips...I was really happy with how it turned out, but I swear I need another lesson from the gal at Bare Minerals! That sheet she gave me looks like complicated chemistry to me, which was my worst subject in college if that tells you how much sense it makes to me!

Now I can relax and follow everyone else''s big days...I can''t wait!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Simply gorgeous. The sunset photos are especially breath-taking. It is so nice to hear from you Mrs. Harleigh!!
5.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 1:12:03 AM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Simply gorgeous. The sunset photos are especially breath-taking. It is so nice to hear from you Mrs. Harleigh!!
5.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thank you, Sarah! It''s so weird to see "Mrs." attached to my name! That sure does take some getting used to, let me tell ya!

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
Hi Dear Harleigh!!

I lovelovelove your pictures. I love the really great hug one; it actually made me sort of choke up. And the ones on the bench with your wicked-cool shoes, and the rainbow, and, and..... You look so lovely and I love your dress.
(I liked what you said about it being a "Harleigh" dress .. that''s what we''re doing with my stuff, trying to make it all so "Molly" -- so I know exactly what you mean.)

I''ve missed you around here so much but I''m so glad everything (minus the photog) went so well and that you had a nice trip. I can''t wait to see a few photos (if you post them) of the reception.

Also, sorry to threadjack but we got the Maine Coon cat, too!! Check my Melody thread for details, if you want.

Welcome back, Harleigh!

love,
Molly

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 12:07:51 AM

Date: 9/2/2008 10:55:49 PM
Author: geckodani
OMG Harleigh - not only did you get married by the same minister that married us 2 years ago, but I think you had the same photographer! LOL. Probably not, but the attitude sounds similar. You look gorgeous!

You look so happy, and your pics look great despite whatever drama you had with your photographer - I love the color of the bridesmaid dresses!
LOL, dani! That is too funny! Did you go through a wedding planner? As far as I know, she only works through the company we went through...THEY were wonderful, but as my dad said, the photographer looked like a former crack you-know-what...she was really strung out and on edge...I was NOT happy.

Thanks so much for the nice compliments...I was really happy with how everything looked! The girls' dresses (which are much more of a fuchsia pink than in the pictures) were the $24.99 ones I found at ROSS and the guys' shirts were on clearance at Mervyn's for about $12 or 13! I am a frugal bride, that's for sure!
That's awesome with the dresses! Yeah, we went through a wedding planner. Precious Maui Weddings. We had SUCH drama with our photographer. We had paid for a package of I think 30 photos with the option to buy the negatives at an additional cost depending on how many negatives. The package wording (it's changed as a result now...) made it sound like we could pick and choose our negatives up to a certain number. I think it was $100 for every additional 25 negatives? I don't remember. Anyway, she made us drive down to Wailea (we were staying in Kaanapaali) to the Ritz Photo to view our photos... Then wanted $500 for the negatives. "This is where I make my money. You have to pay for all of them or you get none." She had padded the negative count, taking pictures of leaves, the limo drivers etc - things we neither wanted nor needed. Well, I was pissed, but we didn't have $500 for the negatives just kicking around, so we picked out our photos. She paid the Ritz Camera people like 20 bucks and left.

And.... the equipment was broken. So no photos 'til 5. Okay, so we went to the Marine center. Then called at 5. Still broken. We had now had to re-schedule a dinner cruise, lost a day of our honeymoon and had no photos. At this point I was so ticked off that I put on my actress hat and called the photographer. No answer. Called our coordinator.... Left a message and told her the whole story, threw in some broken voice teary comments about just wanting my photos etc etc etc. Got a call back 10 seconds later from the photographer.

She wanted us to drive down again to get the photos. I lied and told her we were leaving the next day (I had already lost a day of my Honeymoon and was NOT happy). She said she would meet us at the gas station on the way to the airport with our photos, and if for some reason they were not ready she would just give us the negatives.

Well, I threw a suitcase full of laundry in the car, had our tickets out, met her at the gas station and managed to talk her into giving us all the negatives for $100 since it had been such a horrid experience.

So, it all worked out - but dang some of those photographers have quite the scam set up! Captive couples on their honeymoons that have to shell out to get their negatives.
8.gif
My coordinator has re-worded the agreement on the website to make it clearer that you have to purchase ALL of the negatives. Argh.

ETA: I LOVE your shoes, LOL!!!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 1:48:35 AM
Author: matildawong
Hi Dear Harleigh!!

I lovelovelove your pictures. I love the really great hug one; it actually made me sort of choke up. And the ones on the bench with your wicked-cool shoes, and the rainbow, and, and..... You look so lovely and I love your dress.
(I liked what you said about it being a ''Harleigh'' dress .. that''s what we''re doing with my stuff, trying to make it all so ''Molly'' -- so I know exactly what you mean.)

I''ve missed you around here so much but I''m so glad everything (minus the photog) went so well and that you had a nice trip. I can''t wait to see a few photos (if you post them) of the reception.

Also, sorry to threadjack but we got the Maine Coon cat, too!! Check my Melody thread for details, if you want.

Welcome back, Harleigh!

love,
Molly

Hi Sweet Molly,

How are you??? So good to hear from you...I have missed you, too! That hug picture is one of my favorites...to me there''s more emotion in that one than in most of the kissing ones. You are so sweet...thank you, thank you for the kind compliments! I am so glad to see that things are working out so much better for you and that Melody has gotten such a great home with you! I knew you''d make a good choice and I hope you have many happy years with your sweet kitty!

My dear sweet brother (the short bald guy in the bridal party) gave me a coupon for my birthday to get a rescue kitty when I am ready...he knows Rusty isn''t a big cat lover and wanted to be sure I got one whether he liked it or not! I would love to get another one, but I feel like I have to get completely moved out of my house before we take on any pets, so maybe in a few months we''ll start looking for both a dog and a cat. All I know is it sure is lonely around this house when Rusty is at work for 48-72 hours at a time, let me tell ya! When the time comes, my brother wants to go with me...he loved Maverick as much as I did...he was devastated by his loss, too, and would love to see me have another kitty to love. I''ll keep you posted on what we end up with!

I hope everything else is going well...I know I haven''t been on a lot lately...with moving, the wedding, school starting and the reception, I''ve been feeling a bit overwhelmed. I am actually home today with a migraine that started Sunday night, and I was conked out when Rusty stopped by the house...scared the pants off of him to find me home and passed out...he said he had trouble waking me. A sure sign I am NOT getting enough sleep these days! Currently I am letting my mind go to mush while I catch up on my soap operas!

I''ll definitely try to be in touch more...please keep me posted on how things are going for you...I love keeping in touch! I''ll check out your Melody threads later today...my girlfriend is in town and stopping by in a bit...guess I should get out of my pj''s sometime today!

Take care, hun!

Love,

Shannon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results