shape
carat
color
clarity

Marquise RHR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I am ready to start my RHR. I think I want to use my marquise stone but want to do a bezel style... I was wondering if anyone knows where Jazmine got her temporary yellow gold setting for her Marquise? I really like the east west very plain heavy look. I want to cover some of the end flaws so I think a bezel would be best. Any thoughts? Can anyone Show me marquise bezel examples? I am having a horrible time finding something. I love the white flash round bezel but can''t find a marquise style...

WOOOOO Thank you

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
That was a temporary setting for a small princess cut that I have. The diamond was not even set in it. I just have an empty setting at home that I placed the marquise into for pics. Not bad though huh?
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
E-W, bezel & quite heavy...
10.gif

EVM.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do pendant count?

Diam_Pend_MQ.jpg
Can't remember who mentioned this shop, but it was for a men's ring and definitely pricescoper - you may find the ref. if needed.

There is a bezel ring that everyone seems to like... despite the only appearance in a small, grainy photo:
pmhring.jpg

I don't think I have seen that many bezel set e-w marqs online or off. Can't think of any reason - the idea sounds great.

Google darling turned out this:

FUT_12.jpg
no idea of the source. With your large stone and a full bezel, I would like it even better
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
this refused to attach above...

EVMI.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It goes without saying that with your large, thin marquise... the ring might end up looking something like this:
38.gif

EVMIII.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One reason I can think of why marqs and bezels do not meet as often... aside for the fact that these stones are not CC shape-wise and rings need to be custom, is that some marquises tend to darken if not suspended in a high setting. Since there is some lenience about brilliance for this shape, that minority could be quite numerous... I don't know how would your diamond take a close setting, but you may want to check this somehow before ordering the ring.

The setting by Perret listed above is a farely open bezel - so something like that should help, if it turns our that a closed one is not ideal. And there are half bezels (like the English ring I photoshopped to death above) that hide the tips but leave most of the girdle in the open.

These below come from Sholdt Design

RC247.jpg

There are more on their website.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Wow Jazmine I really like the look.... Great Job.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Valeria, great ideas. I really like the simple one that is open on the sides....but never thought that a bezel may make the stone look darker..
7.gif
Don''t want that. Maybe I should think of something that keeps the light going throught it. You found some great ideas for me. THANK YOU :)

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I found this beautiful ring ForeKitty bought and wonder if I could have something like this made. Do you think it would look to much with my size stone? Love her new ring.

pear%20mod%204.jpg

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
What do you think of this one. He''s making one for me right now like this but he''s modifying it to fit a 4 carat synthetic ruby. I love this setting. I can let you know the quality soon when I get my ring back which should be soon.

Marquise East/West Setting

12053.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love that setting.... That would great great RHR!!! When will you get yours? I love sapphires almost as much as diamonds. That ring will be stunning with a sapphire. Please let me know when yours is done. WOW, thank you again.. I think my stone would great in that setting

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
By the way, this guy will do a bezel for the same price.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Does this seem to much?? Kind of cool but may be to much ring... 18Kt. handmade.

5030738378_0.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
trying to make it larger

vintage.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2006 9:47:35 AM
Author: woobug02

...never thought that a bezel may make the stone look darker...

Maybe not - as far as I can tell, whether that happens has allot to do with how brilliant the diamonds are. You don''t have to acually set the stone to know if it would look good or bad in a bezel. The test (IMO) is seeing if the diamond looks dim placed on a black background (if the pavilion gets sunk in whatever that background is even better).

Garry had some pictures taken with two RBC sitting on something black to demonstrate what an ideal cut does. I know it is somewhere in video tutorila at EF, but couldn''t find it for the life of me now.

Basically, leakage areas get dark - same as they would in a bezel setting. With a bezel ring, the diamonds are not seen top down in a static view forever, so this ''test'' is really very harsh: if it doesn''t make you hate the diamond, you will love it in a bezel.
This comes from a amateur of bezel settings who would rather give up a gem that would not look good in one!
10.gif

This bit below mean to show what Garry''s photo did.

ShadedMarq.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2006 9:57:33 AM
Author: woobug02

I found this beautiful ring ForeKitty bought and wonder if I could have something like this made. Do you think it would look to much with my size stone? Love her new ring.
No... not too much (well, not for me). I would love it done that way!
37.gif
Besides, with a large marquise, there will not be much setting showing, and you could always ''try it on'' photoshop-wise.
2.gif

What do you think of this bit?

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
I should get mine this week but mine will be MUCH different than the photos. THe guy has been really nice to work with and I''ve talked to him on the phone 3 times. He says the ring is lightweight, I guess because there''s not too much to it. I told him to set the stone low and comfort fit the shank and he said A-OK. My stone however is a emerald, modified cushion cut so I have no idea how it will look. It measures 12 X 8 1/2. It''s the most gorgeously cut stone I''ve ever seen. Sorry for the bad picture, he has my ring so I can''t take better photos now.

redrubyjaime1234.jpg

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
This one from the same seller is gorgeous too although not east/west.

11925.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
your stone is wonderful!! I love that setting too... I can''t wait to hear how yours turns out... How long has it taken?

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Do you think he will selling the setting by itsself??

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
'Lightweight' and pave may get those little stone flying. Would it bother you if the setting turns out 'high maintenance' ?

Can't swear this will happen, but ...

Have you seen those settings? The pictures are so doctored almost no detail shows, aside the large beads holding invisible diamond points.

Haven't checked the price - I suppose it is quite tempting, and not allowing second guessing the quality of the setting work, the diamonds or what not. At the very least I'd want these to hold together.

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
This is a gift so my MIL picked out the setting. I will only know when I get it if it''s cheesy and I''m going to set it in something fantabulous later on anyway. The setting doesn''t have much to it so I thought that meant "lightweight". I know it''s not artwork, but we''ll see if it''s ok. I didn''t notice the doctoring of pics, I''m not good at spotting that.

I sent my stone last week............I know he''ll sell the setting separately but I chose to send my stone. I should get it this week so 2 weeks time. I''m sure it''s nothing heavy/substantial artwork like WF, Mark Morrell or Leon but I wanted something quick and pretty.

I''ll let you know as soon as I get mine.

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Hey Woo, I see that you have been working on your RHR this weekend to!!!! I also see that you''ve went with your marquise!! great! I''ve also been at my jewelers three times this weekend all yesterday. Once by myself and twice with my husbands cousin that''s getting married this summer. I really like the idea of the east west setting for your marquise, I love that look. I looked at a setting for my emerald cut it had around .225ct trillions on each side. I thought that would be kind of small but the jeweler and hubby''s cousin said that they thought that would showcase the emerald like nothing else. He said that he would know something on my stone this week, what he can find and get anyway. I checked bluenile I thought about finding on through them and having my jeweler set it, but I''m going to see what he can get. I hope that you find a setting soon, I can''t wait to see what eye candy you come up with Woo. Keep us posted.
emteeth.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2006 10:04:16 AM
Author: marriahlyn
What do you think of this one. He''s making one for me right now like this but he''s modifying it to fit a 4 carat synthetic ruby. I love this setting. I can let you know the quality soon when I get my ring back which should be soon.

Marquise East/West Setting
I love this setting!!
Woo, I''m glad to see you starting so soon on your new ''project''. Can''t wait to see what you end up with. We''ll be here all the way for ya!
2.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Wooooo, can''t wait to see your emerald. I think I will head to the jeweler tomorrow and see what they suggest. Valerie mentioned high maintenance
emsad.gif
Not what I am looking for. I need low maintenace. I hope to find something unique but something that wont take away from my wedding set
emteeth.gif
I hope I can find that perfect east west look. What type of setting are you looking at for the emerald???

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
There is one that I''ve looked at that has a knife edge with small trillions on the sides. Something with clean smooth lines, simple. I don''t want high maintenance either thats why I''m keeping my setting simple, You''ll find that perfect east west setting I jusy know it. What was your carat weight on that marquise Woo, I can''t remember right off? I love the setting idea you are going with. If I had a marquise of a good size it would for a fact be set east west. I''m going back to my jewelers Wednesday so I hope to know something more then. Make sure you update after the trip to the jeweler tomorrow!
35.gif

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
If the setting is made properly, it should not be high maintenance. I will let you know when it arrives how well it''s put together.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woooo, that sounds beautiful :) I went by the jewelers and they are going to set my marquise in this until I find the perfect setting. I don''t want to rush and get something I reqret. Very ERing but at least I wont loose the stone. Bad news on the 2.36 ct. When the cert came in it stated SI3
7.gif
I thought it was GIA but it was EGL. The stone is beautiful but I just don''t feel comfortable spending all of that money on a SI3 sooooooooooooooo the hubby lucked out. I will be keeping the 1.10ct for a while longer. Would you do an SI3 EGL?

1012430.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
EGL is the only lab that does SI3, I think. At the very least, it's not a GIA grade. SI3 could be equivalent to GIA I1 so personally, I would pass. It depends on the nature and visibility of the inclusion, but I would imagine it's not eyeclean. (And you already have an I1 whose inclusion is driving you nuts and started this whole process, right?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results