shape
carat
color
clarity

Marquise RHR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2006 10:06:06 AM
Author: woobug02

Would you do an SI3 EGL?
Same question as 'would you do Si2-I1 GIA'. Answer... sure, if it looks good, why not
5.gif
I am not alone in this - there are a couple of celebrated I1s around here. Mostly RBC, but then, most diamonds talked about here are.

IMO, a lovely diamond with low paper grades means 'great buy'.
3.gif

If you do not like the stone... the story is no longer good fun. Do you?

Btw. Re. that e-w setting with two w-tips on a band... I saw it on the designer list of Platinum Guild. Couldn't find the designer, but if you like it at all, maybe your jeweler would know.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woooo, thank you so much for the info. The diamond is a great buy and the inclusion could probably be hid be a prong but I have been driving nuts by the inclusions I have in my marquise and love love love looking at this 1.10 SI1

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
What do you think of this one?? Found it at Fay Cullen. I have ask for a setting price only.

1s6.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
wooo, I love it but am not sure if they do just the setting ..... waiting to hear

12p.jpg

Small

Brilliant_Rock
I really like that Fay Cullen setting. I think that would look great with a marquise as a RHR.

I am a marquise owner who is getting ready to reset as well. I'm still going to be wearing mine on my left hand though...husband is ok with me getting my new RB stone but doesn't want his original pick left in the jewelry box all the time so I'll alternate between the two. I love my stone...it's .81 D SI2 eye clean but in its current setting it's sitting a bit low and not a lot of light is let in for it to shine. I've picked a cleaner lined setting where the marquise sits much higher. I am not looking forward to it sitting higher as it gets banged around enough but I would like it to 'shine' a bit more. I should be getting it done this week (eyes rolling...waiting for the damn jeweler to get back into the store) so then I'll be posting my pictures (well as soon as my new digital camera arrives
2.gif
).

Good luck...I hope you find a fabulous setting to put your marquise in!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Small, so excited for you. I have to tell you that my hubby was the same. Really wanted me to wear his orginal stone....I have been thru many rings but he still makes comments about his personal choice :) I can''t wait to see what you get and your new marquise setting. I am really excited about that setting. Right now is comes in Platinum only and although my new set is platinum I would prefer white gold for the price :) Waiting to see what they say.

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Woo, Woo, Woo, I just love that Fay Cullen setting! Girl that would make a awesome RHR!!! I got my new digital camera today and OMG!!! it''s going to take me awhile to take good pics. Everyone I take it gets so close up on it looks like a huge ball of shine and you can take and crop your pics and save to size right on the camera but I can''t get the pics to take good yet. Going to take some getting use to. And on your new stone the rb the 2.36 I''m like Valeria101 I would do the SI3 EGL if it looked good, but I understand what you mean also about the price, but if it looks good to the eye and it''s something you want I would go for it ( if the price was right ) !!! Let us all know what they say about the Fay Cullen setting !!!
emteeth.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2006 1:35:56 PM
wooo, I love it but am not sure if they do just the setting ..... waiting to hear

The setting looks new - hope they do make these. It looks great for a marquise, with the leaf-like pattern at the ends matching the shape of the stone.
30.gif

h.jpg

It can't hurt to get some alternative quotes too, I'd guess...

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woooo kittykat and valeria, I am getting excited. They do it only in platinum but a pretty good price $1800.00 what do you think? My stone is 12 X 6. I think it would look good. I love the old look of the ring.... I think they said it could take up to 12 weeks
7.gif
Oh well just in time for my Birthday!! I still thinking about the SI3. I did search on Pricescope and everyone was so negative about the SI3 that I got scared
7.gif
.. They are setting my marquise in the white gold tiffany so I can wear it while I wait on the new RHR. I am waiting on some more info from Fay Cullen. i will keep you up to date

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2006 2:57:50 PM
Small, so excited for you. I have to tell you that my hubby was the same. Really wanted me to wear his orginal stone....I have been thru many rings but he still makes comments about his personal choice :) I can''t wait to see what you get and your new marquise setting. I am really excited about that setting. Right now is comes in Platinum only and although my new set is platinum I would prefer white gold for the price :) Waiting to see what they say.
Thank you! I did find out that the jeweler will be in tomorrow sooooo...woooohooooo FINALLY (its been over a month since I picked the setting) I''ll be getting it done.
I wanted WG as well for the cost savings but the store gave me $300 off the platinum setting if I would just buy that so I said "OK!" Then my new RB I debated about getting WG or Platinum but in the end I decided on the platinum because although it needs to be polished I never have to rhodium plate it or leave it anywhere for them to polish. Most jewelers can polish it while you wait. I know I should be more trusting but I''m not lol.

That Fay Cullen seems like a decent price. I know my platinum setting for my marquise was originally around 1400 and they sold it to me for 1100. It has a total weight of .51 with a round and baguette on each side. I did look at alot of platinum settings and most were priced around 1500-2000 for what I wanted. So that doesn''t seem out of line for the price quote.

12 weeks is a long time but it''ll be worth the wait! Can''t wait to see it
1.gif

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Wow Woo, I think it''s a nice price to for the Fay Cullen, and what a terrific birthday gift it will be. I love the old look of the ring to. I think it''s going to look out of this world way to go Woo, I can''t wait to see it!!!!
emdgust.gif
I bet you can tell by the look on my face!!! he he !!
face20.gif
keep us posted!!!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Woo, just got my marquise back in a tiffany. Funny how a different setting makes a stone look different. Sitting up really high and clean the thing doesn''t look to bad. Waiting to hear from my jeweler and Fay cullen............................wooo

MV1226S.JPG

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...beautiful in that setting...it''ll be absolutely a knock out in the Fay Cullen!

I got mine reset today and will see if the old camera (which sucks) can get a good picture to post. I love my reset too
1.gif

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
emotion-20.gif
WOWEEE WOO GIRL!!!! that marquise will knock your eyes out!!!!!
emdgust.gif
You need to take some more pics of that rock!!!! and that Fay Cullen will look out of site with that baby!!!! Like Small said it''s very beautiful in that setting!!
face23.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
I posted my reset in SMTR but mine is really blurry. I see so many people with great pictures of their rings so it''s either me or my camera
38.gif
I ordered a new one because lots of our pictures come out blurry if they are up close or of things aside from people. I just wonder how to get them to come out as clear as some of the ones posted!

That marquise really does look awesome in that picture. What are the specs again?

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I love it in the temp. setting, temporarily.
2.gif
However, I LOVE that setting from Fay Cullen. I can''t wait to hear what they say.

shay

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I do not like the Fay Cullen ring at all. The model''s hand is beautiful, but the ring does NOTHING to accentuate it. Your solitaire looks much better, and it makes your finger/ hand look so much more slender. I say keep it as is!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Forekitty, I am kind of liking it too. Sitting up real high so all the light can go thru makes it show way nicer than when it was in my set. Thank you for your thoughts.... Do you think if I did something like this it would look at?

DM49400300_MQ_100_100.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woo

CM30500100_MQ_100_100.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
wooo

DM30400300_MQ_100_100.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2006 9:27:14 AM

Sitting up real high so all the light can go thru makes it show way nicer than when it was in my set. ...Do you think if I did something like this it would look at?

Well... I am afraid that sidestones will cut off light again, although I am very fond of marquises with wide sidestones: shields or.. whatever is called 'home plates' at Diamondsbylauren - skinny step cut half moons. IMO, those help the stone look substantial rather than 'skinny'. But the sides don't catch up light quite like they do in a solitaire.

Sure enough, diamonds could get on the band (pave or shared prongs or something) without the detraction mentioned above.

A random opinion...

Anyway, the bit of info behind this reasoning is that the bit of marquise that does so much better remaining in the open are the sides of the pavilion in the 'bow tie' area. And that's precisely where sidestones fit.

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Woo, are we thinking sidestones????? IMO I think marquise look great with sidestones. Pears or baguettes, I like the trillions and I''m not sure what they are called but the half moons I think like Valeria101 had said. I take it you haven''t talked to your jeweler or anyone on the Fay Cullen yet? Let us know girl!!!
face6.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
wooo kittycat, I talked to fay cullen but it is 12 weeks and sight unseen....kind of nervous. my jeweler quoted me twice the price for the setting. So I am still looking... You have inspired me with your side stones :) Have you seen the J stone ????? WOOOOOOO

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Just my 2c as a fellow marquise owner...

I had something very similar to the setting you posted with the baguettes. Now I had a two toned band so that may have been its ultimate downfall but I will say that the flow with the baguettes on the side is a bit choppy. I always felt like the head was set apart from the sides of the baguettes. It truly drove me nuts. I have the rounds on the sides along with baguettes and like it so much better. Marquises aren''t super brilliant anyway so as much as I wished mine put off rays of light Im not sure in any setting I''d be happy with what I''m getting. I can say that my marquise is soooooo incredibly white now which I''m happy with. I do see more color coming off of it but I''m also getting color bouncing off my round sidestones. I''d say if you go with sidestones on the band to nix baguettes right next to it. It''s a nice look but ulitmately baguettes aren''t going to give you any more brilliance either. I almost wish I''d just settled for a simple solataire setting like you have now. But I''m happy with what I picked. It''s soooo much better than what I had and it flows more with the center...I don''t see any space between my marquise and the rounds and that was a big sticking point for me with the baguettes lol

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Also wanted to mention that I really like the marquise set with those blue sapphires
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2006 12:04:41 AM
Author: Small
Also wanted to mention that I really like the marquise set with those blue sapphires
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Me too! Love the combination and in pears, too perfect.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Pear diamond sidestones, definitely. One of my all time favorite combinations. when the pears are the right shape and size, it''s absolutely breathtaking. Signed Pieces had one like that for the longest time, but someone must have bought it cuz it''s not there anymore.

I plan to reset my marquise like that one day, so i may be biased.
5.gif

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Well Woo, I go today and look at the ( I think he said ) 3.08ct J he said that he also got a 3.14ct I that''s not " that " much difference in price, so I''m going in to look at them both. I have to make sure that I look at them in all light thank god it''s a sunny day!!!
face20.gif
and girl I love a marquise with side stones, after I looked at your thread yesterday I looked at some webpages to see some diff. marquiese with side stone settings and it was like I didn''t see one that I didn''t like! You have to let me know what you pick, well for me it''s off to the jeweler...
35.gif

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Woo, I thought I would give you a bump so you can give us some info on your RHR when you come back to your thread. I went to the jewelers today and you''ll be seeing some ec rhr pics from me soon. I just hope hubby lets me have the ring now . Let us know whats up!!
35.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Wooo Kittykat, I am as excited for you as I am for me. This is soooooooooo fun. Get that ring asap. I want to see :) WOOOOOO been in Mexico on busines... flying back today....jeweler tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results