shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Morrell pear will be ready- maybe this week

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That is beautiful. MM created the perfect setting for both rings. I love how the band curves. Just gorgeous!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CV_Pear_020s.JPG.JPG

Oh wow, your wife''s new wedding set is just beautiful. There are no words to describe it. Just beautiful.

I can''t believe how much the wedding band resembles the mounting I had made from WF, and to think I called Mark Morrell first and left a long detailed message of what I wanted and then patiently waited for a return phone call which never came, which was the reason I ultimately chose WF. He makes the same ring! It even has the little lip at the end. He is a man who is mindful of how a ring is going to feel on the wearer. His end curve is more graceful. I think you got the best workmanship possible! She''s going to be bowled over.

95viper

Rough_Rock
Bummer. Missed the Thursday shipment and insurance co won''t let Mark ship on Thur-Sun. This means Mon shipment which will arrive Tuesday. Po10472, Yes she has been involved in the process since November. In fact, she hasn''t had her wedding set since then. I sent it to Mark to ensure positive sizing.

One thing I should note that is hard to appreciate until you really see it...check out the picture from the side. We wanted a split rail on the band but that normally creates a problem. They sit high and Mark didn''t want it to cover up side of the ring. He designed it to sit so low that he didn''t even have tools to get inside there to shape and polish it. He had to get real creative he said and buy some new tools and he used a process with a laser. That must have taken a lot of patience.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
It''s just beautiful!!! Can''t wait for handshots!!
36.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow that is stunning!
30.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/18/2008 7:36:46 AM
Author: 95viper
Bummer. Missed the Thursday shipment and insurance co won''t let Mark ship on Thur-Sun. This means Mon shipment which will arrive Tuesday. Po10472, Yes she has been involved in the process since November. In fact, she hasn''t had her wedding set since then. I sent it to Mark to ensure positive sizing.

One thing I should note that is hard to appreciate until you really see it...check out the picture from the side. We wanted a split rail on the band but that normally creates a problem. They sit high and Mark didn''t want it to cover up side of the ring. He designed it to sit so low that he didn''t even have tools to get inside there to shape and polish it. He had to get real creative he said and buy some new tools and he used a process with a laser. That must have taken a lot of patience.
One man''s "split rail" is another woman''s "open gallery". That''s the first thing I noticed on your wife''s ring and that''s a detail we definitely pay for. Yes, yours is small but it''s so impeccably done! Mark''s work can only (possibly) be compared to Leon''s work. Those two men stand alone for quality and workmanship.

I think it takes patience, a keen eye and a very steady hand!

95viper

Rough_Rock
Gemgirl, Bummer experience that you had with Mark and the phone call. I had delays in communication too but he must really have no time to talk considering the fact that he does all the work out of his shop. I just went the extra mile to help out the whole process knowing that he was more stressed out than I was. Another issue you might have had was that you were trying to use your own diamonds. Other than the pear from WF, Mark sourced all the others for ours. Based on my reading here, the major designers seem to want to use their own sources and I was perfectly fine with that from Mark. I trusted that he would pick the best stones possible and it took even that much more work off of me. On a positive note, you got to use Bob from WF. He picked out our pear. He is fantastic. I think that I said this before...we haven''t seen anything yet, not even the pear. Only pictures. It went directly from WF to Mark. Tuesday is going to be a big day.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous set! I can''t wait to see more pictures! Great job!

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
That is huge and beautiful. I love how the wedding band fits perfectly with the e-ring. You did a wonderful job with the design.

gedean

Shiny_Rock
I have to admit that your rings are one of the most beautiful sets that I have ever seen. It''s absolutely stunning!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Stunning. I''m liking his work more and more.

Jban

Rough_Rock
This set is beautiful. I love pears and that work is exceptional.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
ooooh not long now til your masterpiece arrives!!

36.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
What a beauty!! Can''t wait to see some hand shots!
3.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So viper......... has the eagle landed??
4.gif

95viper

Rough_Rock
Yes...trying to post pictures. Not good with the camera...clouds came in minutes before we got the camera out...they are currently exceeding the limits on the website for size.

95viper

Rough_Rock
Received the ring today. Amazing work by Mark Morrell. Pics...

95viper

Rough_Rock
number 2

95viper

Rough_Rock
number 3

95viper

Rough_Rock
Sorry about the size....is there something that I can do to reduce those?

SparkleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
* thud *
30.gif
Wow. Stunning! Me likey!

We need a smiley with crossed eyes and little birds flying in a circle around its head for those of us who faint!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a perfect pear!

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow!!!
happy%20hearts.gif
Just gorgeous! I love pears!!!

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2008 8:27:27 PM
Author: SparkleSparkle
* thud *
30.gif
Wow. Stunning! Me likey!

We need a smiley with crossed eyes and little birds flying in a circle around its head for those of us who faint!
ambu23.gif
Does this work!!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Viper, I go to my "My Pictures" folder, bring up my photos and right click on them one at a time to use the Windows Picture Viewer editing tool. Click on the "image" tab at the top, then click on "stretch and skew" and choose a percentage to reduce them by. I choose 50% and they appear fine here. Not too big, not too small.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
number 2

Ring%20pictures%20002%20(2).jpg

We need specifics please!!! It''s stunning!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a gorgeous set. I love the diamond!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful wedding set! Worth the wait.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results