What is that ring next to your zircon? Done remember saw your post about it

Snapped one
PicsArt_08-11-07.12.57.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like them all, you have great taste!
What is that ring next to your zircon? Done remember saw your post about it
That lovely lady was a steal of a platinum ring I had found on eBay for a song. I did not post her as there are rules prohibiting flipping and I didn't want to cross any lines, even if it was just to show off that beauty. I sold her to a jewelry store and they are asking an arm and a leg now!

imdoubler

Shiny_Rock
I wanna become your friend, lol, I never find anything good from ebay

That lovely lady was a steal of a platinum ring I had found on eBay for a song. I did not post her as there are rules prohibiting flipping and I didn't want to cross any lines, even if it was just to show off that beauty. I sold her to a jewelry store and they are asking an arm and a leg now!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanna become your friend, lol, I never find anything good from ebay
Well of course! I need friends to buy these things because my hubby doesn't like that I snatch them all up :lol-2:

imdoubler

Shiny_Rock
Is your zircon Rong from ebay as well?

Well of course! I need friends to buy these things because my hubby doesn't like that I snatch them all up :lol-2:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is your zircon Rong from ebay as well?
She is I am still very proud of that buy she's got some scratches but I could buy that ring several times over for what it would cost to remake.

I've taken to buying most of my jewelry second hand now. I find the search more interesting and I find when I was having jewelry made the idea in my head never lived up to the final product no matter how beautiful the end result. What I find about second hand jewelry is I appreciate the piece in its totality. I don't get bothered by a scratch there or how I might wish the shank was .2 mm wider. I dunno, hard to explain, but I just fall for a whole piece and I forgive anything that, had I made it, I might consider a "flaw. ". The mount for this ring and the wedding band I had found second hand together the two were under $300. Had I made the setting myself I probably would have wanted wire prongs in platinum or maybe this or that. But the fact I found that setting that fit my stone so well I don't care what it could have been it was just perfect for what it needed to be.

imdoubler

Shiny_Rock
Well said! Let me try to contact you via LT, lol, hope I can find your listing there

She is I am still very proud of that buy she's got some scratches but I could buy that ring several times over for what it would cost to remake.

I've taken to buying most of my jewelry second hand now. I find the search more interesting and I find when I was having jewelry made the idea in my head never lived up to the final product no matter how beautiful the end result. What I find about second hand jewelry is I appreciate the piece in its totality. I don't get bothered by a scratch there or how I might wish the shank was .2 mm wider. I dunno, hard to explain, but I just fall for a whole piece and I forgive anything that, had I made it, I might consider a "flaw. ". The mount for this ring and the wedding band I had found second hand together the two were under $300. Had I made the setting myself I probably would have wanted wire prongs in platinum or maybe this or that. But the fact I found that setting that fit my stone so well I don't care what it could have been it was just perfect for what it needed to be.

memorystation

Rough_Rock

Great job on the setting. I like it very much as it gives the stone a perfect "vintage/antique" feel. Did you find the stone on ebay as well?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great job on the setting. I like it very much as it gives the stone a perfect "vintage/antique" feel. Did you find the stone on ebay as well?
I just saw this. No caysie sourced it for me

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had a real thing going for some years for anniversary bands that DONT stretch side to side on the finger - particularly those classic 7 stone bands which are bead and channel set. I love seeing more an 'insert' of diamonds on a plain band. This is perfect, Niel, and reminds me of the Van Craeynest style I've coveted for sooooo long.

A lovely addition and a great complement to your e-ring!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Came to shamelessly share a new companion band
I absolutely ADORE the beautiful new band! It's a perfect complement to your ER and to the ER/WB stack!

I've had a real thing going for some years for anniversary bands that DONT stretch side to side on the finger - particularly those classic 7 stone bands which are bead and channel set. I love seeing more an 'insert' of diamonds on a plain band. This is perfect, Niel, and reminds me of the Van Craeynest style I've coveted for sooooo long.

A lovely addition and a great complement to your e-ring!
Same!! I've been craving a 5 or 7-stone band. I love when it spins a bit and the diamonds lean over to one side....this looks so elegant to me.

P

PierreBear

Gorgeous! Where did you find the 7 stone band? It's already been said plenty of times but you have a great eye for settings and pairing rings. Thanks for sharing! :appl::love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Where did you find the 7 stone band? It's already been said plenty of times but you have a great eye for settings and pairing rings. Thanks for sharing! :appl::love:
Someone on eBay was selling it for a song. You know it actually cost less than my plain wedding band

P

PierreBear

Someone on eBay was selling it for a song. You know it actually cost less than my plain wedding band

You are my hero! Design extraordinary + bargain hunter!!! :clap:

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love the new band and your engagement ring! I love the yellow gold and the prongs!

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Loving all your pairings !
And at a bargain! Oh my. How wonderful.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely ADORE the beautiful new band! It's a perfect complement to your ER and to the ER/WB stack!

Same!! I've been craving a 5 or 7-stone band. I love when it spins a bit and the diamonds lean over to one side....this looks so elegant to me.

I know what you mean about the spinning I wear a Tiffany twist band with an antique sapphire cluster ring for my right hand an I love when the cluster just effortlessly gets a bit cattywampus.

dollyparton

Rough_Rock
Oh yes, LOVE your ring. Thanks for the help, I'm gonna go for the gold :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel-

Your solitaire is gorgeous. I love the story of the amethyst ring and of how you used Scotch Bright to matte it yourself. I also want to share that when I was in high school my best friend gave me one of the best rings I ever owned as a birthday present. It was a used ring of hers that she didn't mind parting with, but she was wealthy and I was not and I had never had such a beautiful ring. It looked exactly like the setting you had, but with a garnet. (I lost it when our first house was burgled a couple of years after I was married.)

But I took one look at your solitaire and thought of my beautiful garnet ring. When I read the story of how your ring started out as an amethyst, it made sense. I had been thinking it was amazing that a designer had come up with a ring so similar to the one I had received as a gift in the late 1960's. But maybe it was once a style for for colored gems. Do you have any idea how old the ring you bought was? At any rate, your ring is simply smashing (as is your whole set).

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel-

Your solitaire is gorgeous. I love the story of the amethyst ring and of how you used Scotch Bright to matte it yourself. I also want to share that when I was in high school my best friend gave me one of the best rings I ever owned as a birthday present. It was a used ring of hers that she didn't mind parting with, but she was wealthy and I was not and I had never had such a beautiful ring. It looked exactly like the setting you had, but with a garnet. (I lost it when our first house was burgled a couple of years after I was married.)

But I took one look at your solitaire and thought of my beautiful garnet ring. When I read the story of how your ring started out as an amethyst, it made sense. I had been thinking it was amazing that a designer had come up with a ring so similar to the one I had received as a gift in the late 1960's. But maybe it was once a style for for colored gems. Do you have any idea how old the ring you bought was? At any rate, your ring is simply smashing (as is your whole set).

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

You know you’re exactly right when I was searching I remember a lot of the settings I liked had colored stones in them. It’s sad that yours was stolen.

My setting was well loved. The makers mark is comepletely worn and the purity stamp is nearly gone too. I’ve got nothing to date it off :/

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know you’re exactly right when I was searching I remember a lot of the settings I liked had colored stones in them. It’s sad that yours was stolen.

My setting was well loved. The makers mark is comepletely worn and the purity stamp is nearly gone too. I’ve got nothing to date it off :/

I am sorry you do not know more, but I bet your ring was one of the rings that lucky girls and women who could afford them got to wear when I was coming of age! I was one of the lucky ones, too, of course due to my best friend! Thank you for sharing that gorgeous ring!

Deb :))

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Niel I love your ring and bands. That crown head is awesome!

I need instructions on diy matte finish! Seriously, how did you do it? I am going to look for some inexpensive gold bands and try this!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Niel I love your ring and bands. That crown head is awesome!

I need instructions on diy matte finish! Seriously, how did you do it? I am going to look for some inexpensive gold bands and try this!
So I just used the green side of a scotch brute dry and rubbed the band in a strait line against the sponge. There is a bit of a pattern when you do it so you want to do lines all going the same direction

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I just used the green side of a scotch brute dry and rubbed the band in a strait line against the sponge. There is a bit of a pattern when you do it so you want to do lines all going the same direction

Hitting the pawn shops tomorrow! Thanks for the tip!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know what you mean about the spinning I wear a Tiffany twist band with an antique sapphire cluster ring for my right hand an I love when the cluster just effortlessly gets a bit cattywampus.

It’s my favorite way to view my ering. :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results