clarity

Makeover! 1.59 transition in vintage yg solitaire

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them both but yellow suits you. You are a nice friend to your coworker as well.

scoutfinch

Shiny_Rock
Your gold setting is one of my absolute favorites here on PS and your bands just complete this beautiful look! I have my great-grandmothers opal ring in the very same type 8 prong, low yellow gold setting and it melts my heart.

acv123

Shiny_Rock
Premium
hi @Niel what search terms did you use to find this setting? I love how the prongs don't bend outward too much toward the edges of the stone if that makes sense..I guess it's because the base/donut is wide?

I have 1 carat stone i'd like to find something similar for. Thanks!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi @Niel what search terms did you use to find this setting? I love how the prongs don't bend outward too much toward the edges of the stone if that makes sense..I guess it's because the base/donut is wide?

I have 1 carat stone i'd like to find something similar for. Thanks!

“Vintage solitaire “ and make sure you search in description this is really the best way to find it. Also search in “fine jewelry” and “gemstone rings” will be easiest. 1ct shouldn’t be difficult to find the real trick is finding anything 14k or higher. Do you have a thread somewhere? I can look and post some of you like.

acv123

Shiny_Rock
Premium
“Vintage solitaire “ and make sure you search in description this is really the best way to find it. Also search in “fine jewelry” and “gemstone rings” will be easiest. 1ct shouldn’t be difficult to find the real trick is finding anything 14k or higher. Do you have a thread somewhere? I can look and post some of you like.

Thanks @Niel
I've just been searching "vintage/antique gold ring" but of course that brings up about 5k listings.
No thread yet as the stone is new to me and not actually my engagement ring, just a side project while I wait for my engagement ring to be done. Always scheming!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Niel
I've just been searching "vintage/antique gold ring" but of course that brings up about 5k listings.
No thread yet as the stone is new to me and not actually my engagement ring, just a side project while I wait for my engagement ring to be done. Always scheming!

I’ll see what I can find. Budget?

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My all time favorite solitaire

acv123

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I’ll see what I can find. Budget?

wow, thank you! :)
Around $250 ideally?

Edited to add that 14k gold or above is fine with me!

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Niel-

I follow this thread about your ring, so when I saw a new entry to it, I came over to see what it said. I went to eBay and looked at the ring you recommended to someone who loved yours. (I loved it, of course.) It jogged my memory. I remembered that because I missed the garnet ring my best friend from high school had given me (see a posting I made in your thread above) I asked a jeweler I "met" on Diamond Talk many years ago to make up some similar rings for me. I had bought some very inexpensive stones on eBay for about $5.00 to $20.00 apiece. I sent them to him down in Mexico and he set all four of them for me! Here is a link to the thread about them.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/four-custom-made-rings-four-colors.8113/

Deb/AGBF :wavey:

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was curious as to what the setting was officially called and I came across a name. Is it called a
belcher setting?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was curious as to what the setting was officially called and I came across a name. Is it called a
belcher setting?
I see people call it a belcher setting I don’t necessarily consider it a traditional belcher but I do see people call that

acv123

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I see people call it a belcher setting I don’t necessarily consider it a traditional belcher but I do see people call that

Thanks @Niel I like the one you linked too! I wonder if the swoops would be too big? Yours seems daintier but maybe DK did that?

I do see it called a belcher sometimes but it seems like a cross between that and a tiffany style a little bit.

This is my all time favorite solitaire but the vendor is asking $1,000 for the setting which is out of my budget.

VEG_864-2_2048x2048.jpg VEG_864-4_2048x2048.jpg

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Niel I like the one you linked too! I wonder if the swoops would be too big? Yours seems daintier but maybe DK did that?

I do see it called a belcher sometimes but it seems like a cross between that and a tiffany style a little bit.

This is my all time favorite solitaire but the vendor is asking $1,000 for the setting which is out of my budget.

VEG_864-2_2048x2048.jpg VEG_864-4_2048x2048.jpg

Definitely asking too much just for setting

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results