shape
carat
color
clarity

Makeover! 1.59 transition in vintage yg solitaire

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it's a few things. I think the thin band didn't flatter my somewhat larger and thicker fingers. I also think your eye gets pulled up towards the stone with the graduation.plua I think the increase in number of prongs helped. But I agree you often hear a taper in towards the diamond or a thin band all around make the diamond look larger. I don't have an answer for that for sure- I guess.

Reasonable guesses, Niel. I was only thinking that more prongs help it look larger. Most would agree that a bezel helps a stone look larger and so more prongs (rounded, not clawed) would have closer to the bezel effect, making the diamond seem larger. More photos please!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely love your ring! I love it when the perfect vintage setting meets the perfect stone and your ring is a prime example of this. Congratulations on putting them together. The richness of the yellow gold adds an extra special element to your set as well.
It looks amazing on you! :love::love::love:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. It really does make the diamond look bigger! Great set....

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a great makeover! Love the new set!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Love the lush gold and thicker shank!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful transformation! I love the yg on your hand. It is especially nice when you finally found what you really wanted. :wavey:

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Any more pictures would always be welcome !

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys wanted a few more pics and of course I'm always here to help ;-)
My summer swells have set in lol so my bands don't look as amazing as you might hope but nevertheless

PicsArt_05-27-11.34.24.jpg

PicsArt_05-27-11.38.19.jpg

PicsArt_05-27-11.35.49.jpg

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! The yellow gold is so lush, I love it!!!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Humina Humina Humina!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Humina Humina Humina!!

My thoughts exactly lol!
LOVE the new pics Niel, the yg looks so beautiful on you, and that diamond is amazing! That last pic...perfection! :love:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Caysie really found you a fabulous stone.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a great find! Looks wonderful!! Great job!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How beautiful!
Have to admit, I thought your first picture was a "before" and all I could think was: why mess with perfection?
Glad to see my instincts were the same as yours, not that I don't like the white gold temp setting, but boy, oh boy, do I love the new one!
Enjoy and wear it in good health.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh, I love it so much! :love::love::love: You have such a great eye!

P

PierreBear

So beautiful. Understated but makes such a powerful statement. Love how you know exactly what you want and went for it. As Rubybeth said above, you do have a great eye for design!!! Enjoy!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Niel, you always open my eyes to new possibilities. I love your unique style and that ring is absolutely lovely.
The stack is just perfect.

Some day, in the near future, I'd like to get a ring but I'm overwhelmed and don't know what I want. I'm hoping you'll can help me get there...

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love love love these warm gold stacks:love: Your diamond truly pops

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow! Nothing short of perfection! I can't believe you just found that setting!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well would'ya look at that :love: :love:

You have managed to buck every single piece of traditional PS advice on "how to make a stone look bigger sans halo or bezel" - and it all came together perfectly! I can't say I'm surprised though, I know you well enough to know you know what you're doing 8-)

I LOVE it, of course. The new setting suits your finger and showcases different side of your stone - the old setting brought out the crispness of the faceting so dramatically that it was almost... Too harsh. The new setting softens the contrast nicely, to my eyes -invites you to admire the stone more closely ::)

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love the different combinations with bands :clap:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well would'ya look at that :love: :love:

You have managed to buck every single piece of traditional PS advice on "how to make a stone look bigger sans halo or bezel" - and it all came together perfectly! I can't say I'm surprised though, I know you well enough to know you know what you're doing 8-)

I LOVE it, of course. The new setting suits your finger and showcases different side of your stone - the old setting brought out the crispness of the faceting so dramatically that it was almost... Too harsh. The new setting softens the contrast nicely, to my eyes -invites you to admire the stone more closely ::)
Haha yes I found it almost too funny as it's almost as if I I went out of my way to do the opposite of traditional ps wisdom.

"Yellow gold prongs make your diamond look worse"
"Taper in towards the diamond to make it look larger"
"Set it higher to make it look larger"

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's really beautiful Niel.I think yellow gold has a richness to it that is so pleasing to the eye and your old cut beauty looks amazing in yellow gold.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had to pop in to wish you heartfelt congratulations on a job well done. What a stunning ring & love all your stackers. The setting is n awesome find & once again, you sure have a keen eye.
Wear the rings in great health.

Judy
:)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Daaaaamn I love BOTH of those macaron pics!!!!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The new pictures are beautiful, and I love this setting with bands so much too. I think I have fallen in love with yellow gold as well, it's just so lush!

plpinkinsa

Rough_Rock
I love your new setting!!! It fits your diamond perfectly. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results