shape
carat
color
clarity

Makeover! 1.59 transition in vintage yg solitaire

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my god. Yup, yup, and YUP! Wow Neil, just wow. I am blown away by the difference this setting made. Both the before and after are simple in nature, but your new setting somehow changes the entire ballgame. Love it paired with your expertly matte finished band, too! And the prongs! (In case it isn't clear, because I didn't actually come out and say it... :love::love::love:)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my god. Yup, yup, and YUP! Wow Neil, just wow. I am blown away by the difference this setting made. Both the before and after are simple in nature, but your new setting somehow changes the entire ballgame. Love it paired with your expertly matte finished band, too! And the prongs! (In case it isn't clear, because I didn't actually come out and say it... :love::love::love:)
Haha thanks. That's how I feel about it too. I feel bad becuase caysies ring really is beautiful but it just didn't flatter my finger. Like a dress that doesn't flatter my figure, doesn't matter how well it's made.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My favorite kind of setting. It's just like mine. I've always loved that style. :)

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh I loveeee this setting so much better!!! Not that there's anything wrong with Caysie's, but this one compliments your stone so much more IMO!!! :love: It's definitely at home!! :clap:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh that's just beautiful! I love the rich warmth of the gold against your fabulous stone. It's fantastic.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love the more substantial yellow gold on you and with the stone. I have to wonder if the trinity band (do you still have that?) might look fab as well! Beautiful stone and a great setting find!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love the more substantial yellow gold on you and with the stone. I have to wonder if the trinity band (do you still have that?) might look fab as well! Beautiful stone and a great setting find!

I do. It looks ok but it isn't my fave. After my fingers stop swelling (that time of the month) I'll try to snap some pics

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A true classic. Its combination with the matte band and the twist band is just lovely. What a gorgeous set! And your diamond - outside - in yellow gold - is lush!!

Congratulations on a beautiful new acquisition.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful, you always find the best deals.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new stone in its new setting! The stone seems to be very lively and the prongs accent the stone in a really lovely way. Enjoy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel I love this setting. At first (and as you know lol) I voted platinum but after reevaluating both I realized that this platinum girl prefers this diamond on you in this yummy yellow gold setting. It just suits you and the diamond. Gorgeous and I am not just saying that.:love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh I've been waiting for this!!! LOVE this setting, and how it looks with your diamond, and how it looks on your hand! :love::love::love: The yg is perfection on you! The band looks fabulous with it too! I love it Niel! :appl:

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes!!!!! This is the PERFECT setting. I have 2 pictures of other stones saved in very, very similar settings but both of those ladies have enormous stones I believe around the 5 carat mark so I didn't know if it would translate. And boy does it!!! The yellow gold is lucious. This is AMAZING!!! Congratulations!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My favorite kind of setting. It's just like mine. I've always loved that style. :)
Tourmaline you have my absolute favorite set on pricescope, i figured part of it was the size of the stone and I'm sure it is, but this thread makes me so happy to see that it is still incredible in a smaller size!!!!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the new setting and the fact that it is not higher. It looks so wearable, and very classic. Congratulations.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to drop into Pricescope just to read everyone's reaction to your gorgeous stone's transformation. Choosing the right setting really does matter. "Grace" is a keeper for sure. She's gorgeous!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to drop into Pricescope just to read everyone's reaction to your gorgeous stone's transformation. Choosing the right setting really does matter. "Grace" is a keeper for sure. She's gorgeous!

You full credit for naming her :appl:

Q

Queenie60

It's beautiful. Love the new setting. You have a great eye! Such a wonderful find. Congratulations and enjoy.

totallyfree

Shiny_Rock
Love it! Great match between the diamond and the setting <3

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its beautiful Neil! I like both settings for her...the white gold gave it a modern look while the yellow gold gives that vintage look that really suits the stone.
I can see why you love her!

I always enjoy seeing what project you come up with next!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its beautiful Neil! I like both settings for her...the white gold gave it a modern look while the yellow gold gives that vintage look that really suits the stone.
I can see why you love her!

I always enjoy seeing what project you come up with next!

Yeah if you didn't look closely at the cut, or know anything about diamond cuts, the old plat setting would have looks very modern Tiffany's but I've never really been a modern platinum gal so she just wasn't at home.

Thanks tyty I've always got something cooking

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well she is my cup of tea!!!! So, so pretty Niel. I hadn't worn yellow gold in over 10 years and bought a few antique gold bangle bracelets last year. I have been hooked ever since. Your stone and new setting are stunning.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I think it's safe to say that yellow gold is making a major comeback and Niel will be leading the way!!! GORGEOUS!!! It looks absolutely stunning! Really at home in its new setting. And I love that you did the scotch brite trick - looks fab. Wow wow wow. Makes me curious if your original wedding set was yellow gold?

Would you say your set in this thread is 14k or closer to 18k?

Great find on the setting - it all looks just exceptional. I'm blown away!! You're making me want to re-size my yellow gold band so I can wear it on my ring finger :)

Ok more pics please? When you get a chance. I cannot get enough of this luscious antique beauty!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I think it's safe to say that yellow gold is making a major comeback and Niel will be leading the way!!! GORGEOUS!!! It looks absolutely stunning! Really at home in its new setting. And I love that you did the scotch brite trick - looks fab. Wow wow wow. Makes me curious if your original wedding set was yellow gold?

Would you say your set in this thread is 14k or closer to 18k?

Great find on the setting - it all looks just exceptional. I'm blown away!! You're making me want to re-size my yellow gold band so I can wear it on my ring finger :)

Ok more pics please? When you get a chance. I cannot get enough of this luscious antique beauty!

My original wedding set was my Trinity band and a pearl plain shank Halo. So had some gold in there.

You should matte up your band and wear it!

I will absolutely try and get more pics for you guys

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only a quick photo addition but shows the size on my finger. For whatever reason, as I've said, it seems bigger. No more dds for me. Who knew that could be accomplished without a Halo

IMG_20170522_223307_138.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, much better finger coverage and it does suit the stone ie look more Antique now than the first setting, not that it wasn't a beautiful setting I just like this one with this stone better.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love that you matted the setting yourself! Kudos. And the ring is so pretty and shows the stone off beautifully!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The lighting is different of course but here's a before and after

IMG_20170520_103738_147.jpg

That's a lovely set you put together. Love the matte band and the ingenious way you did it yourself. However I am curious about the coverage. Usually a thin band makes the center stone looks larger but why does the diamond appear to have better coverage with this new thicker shank?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! Keep the pics coming!
Maybe the bigger claws give it more presence?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a lovely set you put together. Love the matte band and the ingenious way you did it yourself. However I am curious about the coverage. Usually a thin band makes the center stone looks larger but why does the diamond appear to have better coverage with this new thicker shank?
I think it's a few things. I think the thin band didn't flatter my somewhat larger and thicker fingers. I also think your eye gets pulled up towards the stone with the graduation.plua I think the increase in number of prongs helped. But I agree you often hear a taper in towards the diamond or a thin band all around make the diamond look larger. I don't have an answer for that for sure- I guess.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results