shape
carat
color
clarity

Major Upgrade!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
You guys are great sports!!! Thanks for playing along with our outrageous tales....well mine was. The others were pretty believable
2.gif

Patty, I did believe you had new earrings
9.gif

Happy April Fools Day Everyone
35.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2005 4:15:13 PM
Author: fire&ice

Cfluist is simply too frugal & websailor too attuned to that for such a lavish purchase w/o her input
It''s been a fun ride.
9.gif
Ah, F&I knows me well. We actually could go out and buy such a stone but we have much more conservative spending habits.
2.gif
Heck, websailor had to practically beat me over the head last summer to buy the new diamond tennis bracelet from Wink.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2005 4:30:42 PM
Author: Libster
You guys are great sports!!! Thanks for playing along with our outrageous tales....well mine was. The others were pretty believable
2.gif

Patty, I did believe you had new earrings
9.gif

Happy April Fools Day Everyone
35.gif
HI:

I believed the diamond stories totally--I mean when have we ever seen Jen joke about diamonds???? Maybe it is time for a PS sabattical........
Congrats Patty on the earrings!!!

I suspected the Lottery story--because my sister called me and told me the same thing, to which I responded with news of my pregnancy.

cheers--Sharon

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jesus that is a beautiful oval! Id love to see that on your finger. That should cover the whole thing.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2005 4:42:15 PM
Author: cflutist
2.gif
  Heck, websailor had to practically beat me over the head last summer to buy the new diamond tennis bracelet from Wink.

We should all have such troubles!
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
This was fun, I knew something was up!! Happy April fools everyone!! Good job websailor!!
36.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2005 4:18:52 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I saw the picture early this morning, but did not post for awhile thinking it might be a joke...and when the thread kept getting longer I thought---must be real!

I''ve been wondering all afternoon how much freakin Google stock you had to buy to afford a 5 ct D stone...!!!
Well according to websailor''s description of profits, my quick math when I first saw his post yielded about 2100 shares or an original cost base of about $180,000. Nice play money for the stock market. That in itself was a giveaway.

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Noobie,

What! Are you saying that we EXAGGERATED
emquestion.gif

LOL!

Your math is right on!
emthup.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Actually WS, it wasn''t the size of the play money that gave you away, it was that fact that you put that much into a volatile stock as Google at IPO. Cflutist would have killed you eight times over for that one.
1.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2005 5:19:30 PM
Author: noobie
Actually WS, it wasn't the size of the play money that gave you away, it was that fact that you put that much into a volatile stock as Google at IPO. Cflutist would have killed you eight times over for that one.
1.gif
Noobie, I already killed him last year when he finally liquidated his Palm IPO shares. Lets just say we could have bought 3 of my tennis bracelets from Wink with the money we lost. Good news is we have a lot of losses to offset gains on Schedule D for at least the next 10 years.

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
So many posts to reply to!

Belle - "aaaahh.....so glad you didn''t REALLY have to worry about that thing while you were at work all day!!" - You have no idea how dead I would be if I did that to cflutist! On the other hand, I would be LMAO just thinking about it all day...and she would be calling me every fifteen minutes!

fire&ice -
emteeth.gif
I''m glad we beat you to the punch! I had joked about doing something on PS and that got me to do a search on April Fools - when Mara''s thread came up, I just knew we would have to do something this year.... I''ll hand over the baton to you for next year''s production! Thanks for the kind words about CF and me - you are right on there. Our real spending limit without having to talk to each other is $500 - CF bends that a bit at times, but she does fine with me. We could spend a lot more if we wanted to...

FireGoddess - It was touch and go there for a little bit....fortunately, with a little help, the topic got back on it''s wildly hilarious track! I was kinda worried that my starting it might give it away from the get-go, given my sterling reputation in being serious
9.gif

kaylagee - We did have to experiment with the pictures - after we couldn''t find a suitable real diamond picture that cflutist would accept, we went to her CZs - it had the correct proportions for her. But it was only 1 carat...so some nifty photo work was required so there would be no clues as to it''s real size. Plus we had to make sure the lighting didn''t give it away. We had one picture on our granite counter top that photographically was a great picture...but you could see through the stone...not good for a real diamond!
canuk-gal - "I suspected the Lottery story--because my sister called me and told me the same thing, to which I responded with news of my pregnancy." - Ooohhh, that is good! LOL

ame - "Jesus that is a beautiful oval! Id love to see that on your finger. That should cover the whole thing." - I had some photoshopped pics ready to go around 11 AM (people were getting more suspicious and wanted pics for verification), but my photoshop skills are pretty pathetic! I was only going to post them as a last resort and plead ignorance as to what the real size proportions would be... The one I did of her e-ring on her finger did completely cover her 3ct pear plus some - no finger was visible on either side... I don''t think if this was real that cflutist would wear it like that - I''m guessing she would have liked it in a pendant.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
edit:
ok i am a dork...thanks belle
1.gif

i keep forgetting what today is...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh kim! you''re still in for a surprise i think!
read this entire thread!
40.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steve, I just noticed that you are from Elkhart, IN .... thats the musical instrument manufacturing capital of the USA. Two of my three flutes were made in your town. The other in Boston MA.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
thanks belle, ding dong here

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
i knew it!!!! all of you are evil!!
11.gif

i am so sad... i suspected it from the start (see my first post on the first page...) but i WANTED TO BELIEVE!!!! hehe oh well......
9.gif
9.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2005 5:51:53 PM
Author: Feydakin
Hey, mine was real!! But it happened last Christmas not yesterday :)

I''ve actually been a good boy for several years now.. April 1st has always held a special place in my twisted mind, but I''ve been convinced to let it go for a few years now..
Feydakin,

I knew I really liked you for some reason!
36.gif
emvamp.gif
Mmmmm, what can we start planning for next? When is Guy Hawkes Day...don''t we get to blow things up then?

emotion-14.gif
the external instigator!

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2005 6:20:36 PM
Author: flopkins
i knew it!!!! all of you are evil!!
11.gif

i am so sad... i suspected it from the start (see my first post on the first page...) but i WANTED TO BELIEVE!!!! hehe oh well......
9.gif
9.gif
Yes, tragically so. It's that little guy on my left (evil) shoulder that keeps whispering "Go ahead, you can do it! They won't catch you!" Here he is (from our Who's Who thread):

bsd-small.jpg

Just image what it's like for poor innocent cflutist to put up with this (me) all the time!
9.gif

No wonder I have to buy her nice things every once in a while!

PS - Calvin and Hobbes was my favorite cartoon if that gives you any more hints
21.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
websailor- calvin & hobbes is my fav too.......
9.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well...this started out seeming like a good idea, but part way through I started to feel guilty! It hadn''t occurred to me that nice people I know here might congratulate me in good faith!

Also: it''s a little frightening to think that no matter how extravagant a purchase some of us might make, that it is *BELIEVABLE* to others (at least some others)! It made me take a deep breath and think! "Conspicuous consumption" came to mind!!!

Deb ;-)

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
hahahaha

I knew it!!!

It was too good to be true!!!!!!!

Good one, (I believe it is now 4 of you???? Jen, Websailor, Cflutist and Libster) you little stinkers...uuuhhh I mean devils
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

heheeee

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
To be completely honest, I did believe jeniffer for a while.....
5.gif

BBLOND

Rough_Rock
what a great surpize! can''t wait to see it in a setting. its stunning.
10.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Websailor

i knew this was an april fools joke
27.gif
that''s why i didn''t even reply to this thread last nite.
9.gif
websailor,i''ll tell you why i wasn''t fool because,you''re not even a good LIAR, i watch CNBC everyday and i knew google never traded hand @ $85 a share since ipo,now if you said you bought in @ $100 then i would of believe you....so the jokes on you...ha,ha,ha.
9.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2005 6:28:35 PM
Author: websailor
When is Guy Hawkes Day...don''t we get to blow things up then?

I believe that that is Guy Fawkes ;-).

Deb

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
OK now!
face8.gif
for deceiving innocent civilians and wasting precious bandwidth, Websailor is now banned without chance for parole.
face7.gif
face19.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2005 7:28:38 AM
Author: Jennifer5973

3. I don''t want to give Dancing Fire any satisfaction.....

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
Jenn
nothing you post would surprise me anymore.
16.gif
you watch, i''ll get my satisfaction come May 9 th
2.gif
....LOL

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2005 8:50:17 PM
Author: Pricescope
Websailor is now banned without chance for parole.
Now.. THIS is obviously a joke (no ?
5.gif
)
The 5 carat thinghie wasn't - kind'a half believed it. Could happen... A bit further down the thread, a quarter' million piece sort of brought things into perspective though.

Great April 1st, guys !

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2005 8:26:36 PM
Author: Rockchick
To be completely honest, I did believe jeniffer for a while.....
5.gif
9.gif

Trust me, rockchick--I wanted to believe it myself!
38.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Maybe this will redeem me--I did pick up my new thumb ring today. 1.52 cts, SI1, F-G in YG. I also ordered the same style in white gold with princess stones--must have both tones of gold for the wardrobe!
2.gif

I think jadeleaves inspired my thumb and pinky ring mania.
2.gif
3.gif
1.gif
9.gif
11.gif

YG.thumb.collage.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results