shape
carat
color
clarity

Madagascar Sphene arrived from Precision Gem!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for pendant and another vote for yellow gold. I know it''s just a matter of personal preference, but there it is anyway - somehow I like seeing yellow stones with high dispersion set in yellow gold. I''d also consider a brushed finish on the gold, so that it''s "cooled down" further and therefore brings out that fireball even more, but some tiny diamonds as accents (like on a bail or something) are definately an option too IMO.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful stone & fantasitic photography skills!

I also vote for a pendant in YG with a brushed/satin finish.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
another fantastic stone and photos!
1.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW the new photos show that your stone is just STUNNING.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh the dispersion is amazing! I love sphene. I wish it was a harder stone so I could wear a ring with one, but alas.

I vote pendant.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2010 4:16:28 AM
Author: ma re
Another vote for pendant and another vote for yellow gold. I know it''s just a matter of personal preference, but there it is anyway - somehow I like seeing yellow stones with high dispersion set in yellow gold. I''d also consider a brushed finish on the gold, so that it''s ''cooled down'' further and therefore brings out that fireball even more, but some tiny diamonds as accents (like on a bail or something) are definately an option too IMO.
ma re, I really like your setting ideas, and this time, I think they are spot-on. I''d decided to drop the halo, since a pendant wouldn''t get nearly as much wear, and I''ve noticed that yellow gold prongs all but disappear around the stone - definitely think that''s the way to go. And YES to the diamond accent bale!!
36.gif

How does one get a brushed gold finish? This is just a special process done at the end instead of polishing, right?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 8:49:34 AM
Author: cellentani

How does one get a brushed gold finish? This is just a special process done at the end instead of polishing, right?
That would be kinda/sorta probably right, I''m not a jeweller so really can''t give a definite answer. Now where are the pros when you need them...
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results