shape
carat
color
clarity

LostSapphire: sending out love, dust, prayers and support to you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 10:01:54 AM
Author: LostSapphire
emnote.gif
OH HAPPY DAY
emnote.gif

I think I've crossed the line over to a person 'on the mend'!!!!!
9.gif

Woke up this morning with just a headache, NO migraine!

My neck isn't as stiff since my bath yesterday! YAY

My balance function is once again, functioning! (no more falling down!)

My hearing on the left side is still working! YAY!!

AND

It's now DAY FIVE with no monster.....(shhhhh don't wake him up!!!!)

LS

HOORAAYY!!!!

so they might not be dead monsters...but they are running in fear!!

(side note, google dead monster and the same weird fake dead thing keeps on coming up!)

deadmonster.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
WOO-HOOO! AGAIN!!! YAY!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
emnote.gif
DING DONG THE MONSTER'S DEAD. THE MONSTER'S DEAD. THE MONSTER'S DEAD.
emnote.gif

emnote.gif
DING DONG THAT WICKED MONSTER'S DEAD!
emnote.gif
(I think!)

LS

oops missed the pic. will attach below. My doctor 'deaded' the Monster.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
...this is as dead as I can make him.

Foo154.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock

This is the closest pic I can find that best describes how the monster made me feel.

LS

Foo155.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope he''s deader than a door nail (where did that expression come from anyway?).
29.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 9:09:51 PM
Author: Harriet
I hope he''s deader than a door nail (where did that expression come from anyway?).
29.gif
Have no idea, Harriet. But I appreciate the sentiment nonetheless.

LS

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank goodness, LS! I hope that he''s been permanently kicked out the door never to return again!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is great news!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 9:27:46 PM

Date: 1/31/2009 9:09:51 PM
Author: Harriet
29.gif
Have no idea, Harriet. But I appreciate the sentiment nonetheless.

LS

I had to look it up. From Wiktionary. Probably from William Shakespeare''s play Henry VI, Act 5, Sc.10, l.40-1 John Cade: "...and if I do not leave you all as dead as a door-nail, I pray God I may never eat grass more." Although there is some evidence that the phrase was in use before this time.

When doors were built using only wood boards and hand forged nails, the nails were long enough to dead nail the (vertical) wooden panels and (horizontal) stretcher boards securely together, so they would not easily pull apart. This was done by pounding the protruding point of the nail over and down into the wood. A nail that was bent in this fashion (and thus not easily pulled out) was said to be dead. Thus the expression - dead as a doornail.

Sooooo glad to hear it''s DEAD!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Wo-hoo! Oh LS - Keep that monster RUNNING! Yay!!!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 7:55:15 PM
Author: Fly Girl

I had to look it up. From Wiktionary. Probably from William Shakespeare''s play Henry VI, Act 5, Sc.10, l.40-1 John Cade: ''...and if I do not leave you all as dead as a door-nail, I pray God I may never eat grass more.'' Although there is some evidence that the phrase was in use before this time.

When doors were built using only wood boards and hand forged nails, the nails were long enough to dead nail the (vertical) wooden panels and (horizontal) stretcher boards securely together, so they would not easily pull apart. This was done by pounding the protruding point of the nail over and down into the wood. A nail that was bent in this fashion (and thus not easily pulled out) was said to be dead. Thus the expression - dead as a doornail.

Sooooo glad to hear it''s DEAD!
Thank you Fly Girl, for the education today!
LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 8:31:50 PM
Author: geckodani
I''m trying!

My biggest problem (other than that pesky hole in my skull, that is!) is the lack of balance function.

The balance nerve on my RH side was severed 15 years ago when the brain tumor was removed. So now, this surgery is on my LH side. The balance nerve on that side has been (hopefully temporarily) affected. So I am experiencing a lot of vertigo, nausea and generally icky in my tummy feeling. That should pass, soon.

Headache continues but not the migraine as before.

Scar is healing beautifully. Since the staples (FOURTEEN!) were taken out on Friday, it has smoothed right out and looks amazing. Love that polysporin.

It was a gorgeous sunny day today. The sun was blindingly white and I SO wanted to go out for a hike in the woods. But am still too tipsy on my feet to give that a go. Maybe next week.

Thank you for keeping track of me Gecko. I really appreciate it.

LS

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 9:31:35 PM

Date: 2/1/2009 8:31:50 PM
Author: geckodani
I'm trying!

My biggest problem (other than that pesky hole in my skull, that is!) is the lack of balance function.

The balance nerve on my RH side was severed 15 years ago when the brain tumor was removed. So now, this surgery is on my LH side. The balance nerve on that side has been (hopefully temporarily) affected. So I am experiencing a lot of vertigo, nausea and generally icky in my tummy feeling. That should pass, soon.

Headache continues but not the migraine as before.

Scar is healing beautifully. Since the staples (FOURTEEN!) were taken out on Friday, it has smoothed right out and looks amazing. Love that polysporin.

It was a gorgeous sunny day today. The sun was blindingly white and I SO wanted to go out for a hike in the woods. But am still too tipsy on my feet to give that a go. Maybe next week.

Thank you for keeping track of me Gecko. I really appreciate it.

LS
1.gif
I would drive up and walk with you if I could my friend. ((HUGS)) I'm glad you're doing better, and I hope the vertigo passes soon!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting more great news. I am so happy for you!!!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Great. I mean, Really Great.

Why don't you consult with one of your (more progressive) Docs on any vitamins that may help. I did a quick search and found (even though I knew of these already):

The most important nutrients for nerve cell growth and regeneration are: vitamins B6, B12, calcium, magnesium, alpha-lipoic acid and acetyl L-carnitine.

I'm a big "B" believer for nerve things. I know lots of people have success with it (myself included).

Also, lack of balance for all you've had done is not surprising. And remember, you are just finishing nausea, too.

JMO.

More soft hugs.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 7:24:33 PM
Author: sonomacounty
Great. I mean, Really Great.

Why don''t you consult with one of your (more progressive) Docs on any vitamins that may help. I did a quick search and found (even though I knew of these already):

The most important nutrients for nerve cell growth and regeneration are: vitamins B6, B12, calcium, magnesium, alpha-lipoic acid and acetyl L-carnitine.

I''m a big ''B'' believer for nerve things. I know lots of people have success with it (myself included).

Also, lack of balance for all you''ve had done is not surprising. And remember, you are just finishing nausea, too.

JMO.

More soft hugs.
Thanks Sonoma. You and I are on the same page re: vitamins. I am just holding off a bit, as they asked me to discontinue ALL supplements and meds prior to the surgery, in order to monitor what''s going on neurologically. I will be meeting with my neurologist (a VERY progressive guy) and the neurosurgeon in a month. At that point, we''ll have a better handle on the balance issue as well, and can start adding in supplements with a clean slate.

So for now, it''s only a multi vitamin and some greens. It''s actually a good time to detox out of a few things, and get things cleaned up. I''m mostly just happy to be without a migraine and not puking! (AND, OH YEAH, DID I MENTION THE MONSTER IS DEAD????)
9.gif

LS

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Whooo Hooo!!!! Can we nail him in a coffin and bury him forever???

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
I agree. Just wanted to give you some things to consider for the future.

(AND, OH YEAH, DID I MENTION THE MONSTER IS DEAD????)

So Very, Very, Very, Very, Very, Very Very Glad. ! ! !

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 7:49:45 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Whooo Hooo!!!! Can we nail him in a coffin and bury him forever???
I think so.

It would be nice to say I am now 100% pain free and out of the woods. BUT, 4+ years of dental surgeries while trying get a handle on the pain in my jaw , have resulted in some problems with numbness and pain at the front of my mouth.

(nothing substantively wrong with my teeth, but this is a normal outcome for someone with atypical trigeminal neuralgia).

Am I pain free? NO
Is the axe handle out of my face? YES

So I guess I'm kind of 50/50 on this one. Yes, we can bury the monster. But there is still a bit of a road to go in order to get the secondary numbness/pain problems under control.

I was hoping for something more black and white. But no such luck. I do believe, however, that I will retain most functionality and not be as paralyzed by pain as I was up until Jan 20th. The rest will be up to the neurologist and I working on nerve regeneration (a la Sonomacounty), and some healing in the dental surgery sites.

LS

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so thankful you are getting better, LS! This has been a very scary journey and I really admire your courage through it all!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best wishes on your continued recovery. I''m sure it will take some time but at least for now that excruciating pain is gone. I really don''t know how you stood it for so long - I used to just cringe reading your posts and trying to relate to that level of pain for that long. I had a cousin that had a tumor in his paratoid - they operated but he has never been fully pain free and apparently never will be - guess that is part of the reason I have celebrated your triumph.

I am so happy for you - please keep those good days coming!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LS - I can''t believe you were working -- let alone funcitoning -- with the pain you were experiencing.

And I''m so glad to see each day''s update!

I''ll keep doing my version of the dust thing, just in case...
2.gif

BTW, it makes me smile just to think of the emotifest we''ll have when you pronounce it dead for good!!!!!

Take care of yourself...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 9:17:43 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
Best wishes on your continued recovery. I''m sure it will take some time but at least for now that excruciating pain is gone. I really don''t know how you stood it for so long - I used to just cringe reading your posts and trying to relate to that level of pain for that long. I had a cousin that had a tumor in his paratoid - they operated but he has never been fully pain free and apparently never will be - guess that is part of the reason I have celebrated your triumph.

I am so happy for you - please keep those good days coming!
Ditto, prayers continued; you are a strong lady. huge hugs (((((()))))))

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
LS I am so happy for you!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
5.gif
Sending you prayers and dust hoping that you become pain free! I agree, you''re a strong lady that''s endured more than a person ever should, but that won''t stop you.
1.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
35.gif
((HUGS)) Yay for dead monsters! And I truly hope that you are able to find a workable solution to the pain you still find yourself in. ((HUGS)) You''re one amazing lady!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gecko.

It''s been a rough night. I am having a fair bit of pain in my teeth (that is the secondary issue which was not fixed in the surgery). But I have meds that control that quite well, so gonna go pop a couple and have a sleep for the afternoon.

I keep forgetting it is only 2 weeks today since the surgery. Part of me thinks everything should be just DUCKY by now. (DUH - it was brain surgery you idiot, not an abcess on your left pinky!).

nighty night

LS

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
((HUGS)) I think it''s an amazing that you''ve come as far as you already have!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kicken news that the monster is gone gone gone!!!!!!!!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LostSapphire: I hope all is still going well. You know there are a lot of PSers pulling for you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results