shape
carat
color
clarity

LostSapphire: sending out love, dust, prayers and support to you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 12:45:14 PM
Author: Lorelei
yay!!
yeah! But I am terrified this is a fluke........

LS

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Stay positive friend!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SEE! Didn''t I tell you? YAY!!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME NEWS! So happy for you:):):):):):)

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
It''s 9:30 p.m.

I''m still at or below a THREE
36.gif

I even went so far as to try and tick things off my doing 10 minutes on my elliptical...very slowly mind you, and I had to hang on tight, but I worked up a sweat and it made no difference to the pain in my face.
36.gif

A month ago just going up a flight of stairs would have felt like a hatchet in my face.

Is it possible things are progressing? This is now day 3 of reasonable pain levels. First time since the surgery.
36.gif

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

LS

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! Cheering for you, my friend!
36.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cheerleader1.gif
yayy.gif
cheerleader1.gif
yippee10.gif
yayy.gif
yippee10.gif
cheerleader1.gif
yayy.gif
cheerleader1.gif

(deep in my heart of hearts, some part of me always wanted to be a cheerleader!)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2009 12:47:20 PM
Author: LostSapphire

Date: 2/12/2009 12:45:14 PM
Author: Lorelei
yay!!
yeah! But I am terrified this is a fluke........

LS
I think it is the beginning of your recovery and a positive sign of better days ahead for you!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 11:33:06 PM
Author: VRBeauty
cheerleader1.gif
yayy.gif
cheerleader1.gif
yippee10.gif
yayy.gif
yippee10.gif
cheerleader1.gif
yayy.gif
cheerleader1.gif

(deep in my heart of hearts, some part of me always wanted to be a cheerleader!)
I''ll second that! Except the wanting to be a cheerleader part.
2.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woo hoo! Progress!!!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have to whisper anymore: HOUSTON, WE HAVE PROGRESS!

It''s now day 4. I spend 1/2 of the day visiting my office (ie: 3 hours of yak yak time!)

AND MY FACE IS STILL QUIET!!!!

woot woot woot woot

LS

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
WOO-HOO! It''s so nice reading your progress every day!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 12:12:14 PM
Author: LostSapphire
So this is probably going to totally JINX things but here goes:

It''s 12 noon and time to make an entry in my pain log. Guess what I just wrote??

A TWO!!! A 2!! A 2!! A 2!!! A 2!!!

LS
yay, honey, prayers continued for more 2''s!!
36.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 9:32:16 PM
Author: geckodani
yayy.gif
yayy.gif
yayy.gif
10 p.m. and I''M STILL GOOD!!!!

I can hardly believe it. FINALLY there is a light at the end of this 3-1/2 year long darkness.

LS

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously LS, that is the best news we could have. I''m so happy for you! Now go out and have a wonderful Valentine''s Day.
emlove.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Hi everybody.

Had a slight scare last night, and spent most of V-Day at the hospital: I was having some drainage from my surgery site, and they have to check to make sure that my brains weren't leaking out! (and that is as graphic as I'll get here!).

My Valentine's day 'treat' was a Mars Bar out of the vending machine at emerg...no lovely dinner
emotion-33.gif
, no roses
emrose.gif
(they do't give them out in the ER, go figure!), no wine
emcocktl.gif
, nuthin but good news from the Doc
emotion-19.gif
(Sweet DH and I are celebrating today instead, yippeeeeee)

Anyhow, everything looks good, just a little post-op thing going on. Nothing serious.

On another note, have I mentioned lately that my pain is ranging from: *DRUM ROLL PLEASE*

a ZERO to a THREE!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

So we've had wonderful progress over the past week. I think it's time to shut down this pity party.

Thank you to every one of you who took the time to post when I was scared, in pain, having anxiety and frustration, and all of the possible combinations of fears that come up when one is facing brain surgery.

And a special thank you to all of you who were patient when I was unable to be...and who told me this "will take time". Of course you were right.

What I seem to have left is a low-grade pain in my face, which actually is improving still...and a fair patch of facial numbness which is probably permanent.

I'm going to start another thread for the PARTY INVITATION. Let the emoties run wild!
Here's the "Monster Slaying Party" invitation thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-come-to-my-monster-slaying-party.107524/

Thank you all so much. Let's make room for people who need to be stickey'd to the top of the Hangout.

Love, Catherine (LostSapphire)

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
ETA to the above, to save you from reading through 25+ pages trying to figure out what went on here:

I have had severe facial/jaw pain for almost 4 years, resulting in numerous surgeries on my jaw, gums, teeth, etc etc.

Was finally diagnosed with Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia in November 2008. Medications were not helping.

January 20, 2009 I had a "MicroVascular Decompression" (MVD for short). This neurosurgery went into my brain stem and disentangled my trigeminal nerve from a large artery that was pressing on it.

It is now 25 days post-op, and my symptoms are finally going AWAY. YAY.

LS

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
So very, very, very glad.

I still think Lyrica would do wonders for you - when your Drs. feel you are up to it.

Why not be 100 percent? (Meaning that it could possibly get you, yes You, there.)

I don''t mean to be pushy or anything, LS. Just saying what I''ve seen in 20 years of working around these these things.

Just some food for future thought.

Big hugs & congrats.

--

You do seem better. I''ve noticed you''re back to really talking sapphires with people.
2.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 7:23:04 PM
Author: sonomacounty
So very, very, very glad.

I still think Lyrica would do wonders for you - when your Drs. feel you are up to it.

Why not be 100 percent? (Meaning that it could possibly get you, yes You, there.)

I don''t mean to be pushy or anything, LS. Just saying what I''ve seen in 20 years of working around these these things.

Just some food for future thought.

Big hugs & congrats.

--

You do seem better. I''ve noticed you''re back to really talking sapphires with people.
2.gif
As always, you and I are on the same page. The thinking is, once I''m at 6 weeks and we have a pretty good idea where it''s settled, we may go back onto the Lyrica to deal with the teeth/jaw. I really don''t want to mask any symptoms at this early stage. I''d prefer to get all the crap out of the way and see what we''ve left to deal with.

But I must say, for the past couple of days I don''t actually have pain, but more numbness than anything in my face, above my teeth. The past 3 days I have had no "TOOTH PAIN" (THAT OLE'' PHANTOM!). So I''m feeling really optimistic.
LS

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Whoa about the scare last night, but wonderful news, nonetheless! Sounds like the pain is on the run, and you are healing.

Hooray!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results