shape
carat
color
clarity

LostSapphire: sending out love, dust, prayers and support to you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Pretty good over here. Work is boring. Getting ready to move is stressful. Other than that, all is well.
1.gif

How are you today?

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 10:00:03 AM
Author: geckodani
Pretty good over here. Work is boring. Getting ready to move is stressful. Other than that, all is well.
1.gif

How are you today?
When''s your moving date? Have you started the packing up process yet?

I''d LOVE to be back at work right now. The cabin fever usually sets in at about day 4 for me, and so by now I''m crawling the walls.

Mornings are not so bad painwise. But the vertigo is at its worst so I won''t be able to eat anything until about noon-1pm. Clear tea and that''s it.

So I sit and watch Court TV (woo hoo for the first time in my life I can watch a trial from start to finish). And simultaneously play online......

LS

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
LOL. Court TV can be entertaining. As can online. We need to get you playing am MMORPG (Massive Multiplater Online Role Playing Game) like Warhammer or World of Warcraft. That'd keep you entertained!

I'm sorry to hear that you're still not feeling well.
7.gif
I hope the vertigo goes away soon!

I start moving stuff in in a week,
23.gif
and then the major move day with the truck and the people and the chaos will be Sunday the 22nd.
9.gif

I've already done a lot... but I feel like I still have SO MUCH to do! I need to get the DH's rear in gear and make him go through the boxes that he hasn't touched since he moved in when we got married.... if it's still in the box.... does he really need it.... etc...

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 10:31:50 AM
LOL. Court TV can be entertaining. As can online. We need to get you playing am MMORPG (Massive Multiplater Online Role Playing Game) like Warhammer or World of Warcraft. That''d keep you entertained!

I''m sorry to hear that you''re still not feeling well.
7.gif
I hope the vertigo goes away soon!

I start moving stuff in in a week,
23.gif
and then the major move day with the truck and the people and the chaos will be Sunday the 22nd.
9.gif

I''ve already done a lot... but I feel like I still have SO MUCH to do! I need to get the DH''s rear in gear and make him go through the boxes that he hasn''t touched since he moved in when we got married.... if it''s still in the box.... does he really need it.... etc...
Oh bother, I''d just move it and be done with it....there are still 6 boxes in my basement from 20 years ago when we first got married. I can''t be bothered to deal with them (they''re mostly old cookbooks and some of DH''s records). We just shove them onto a shelf and forget about them. Some day when I have absolutely NOTHING to do and every other part of my house is perfect, I might go through them. But I have an "issue" with ditching books. Can''t even donate them...it''s like they are my children. So the book collection just grows and grows....

LS

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
LOL. I''m about to go and donate a bunch of books to the library later. I used to hang on to them for dear life. But.. we just don''t have the SPACE. Apartment living sucks sometimes.

The thing with those boxes of Adam''s.... I know there''s just junk in there, LOL. I want it GONE!
3.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 11:03:51 AM
LOL. I''m about to go and donate a bunch of books to the library later. I used to hang on to them for dear life. But.. we just don''t have the SPACE. Apartment living sucks sometimes.

The thing with those boxes of Adam''s.... I know there''s just junk in there, LOL. I want it GONE!
3.gif
Yeah, I get it.

There is a section in storage in our basement, that has about 6 large boxes of promotional materials related to DH''s business: it''s old and outdated. He NEVER uses it. But it would make a great bonfire.

I guess he thinks if I''m holding onto old cookbooks, he can keep some stuff too...luckily we have room for it. I make a point to not go down to the basement anyways...out of sight, out of mind....

LS

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hah! BONFIRE! Love it. I burned a couple of my textbooks when I graduated. It was a fun night.
11.gif
When we have a basement... I''m sure I''ll hang on to more stuff!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How are you feeling, LS?

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
I''m ok DS. So kind of you to ask.

The post-op issues are getting a bit calmer. My vertigo continues (actually not such an awful thing, it sure wreaks havoc with one''s appetite so I''m not overeating in spite of being at home 24/7).

The mouth pain continues. Some days it''s at a 6/7 out of 10. Today: so far I''d say a 3, tops. Which is kind of nice. If I could get it to stay down there I could feel somewhat optimistic.

So I continue to log the stats every day. Hmmm....let''s take a look over the last 10 days:

5 days = pain above a 7
5 days = pain at about 3/4 out of 10

Maybe I need to watch the trends, as out of these 5 ''lower pain'' days, 3 of them have been since Friday the 6th....hmmm, maybe we''re on to something (pleeeeeeze God).

I know it''s a reach but I''ll take whatever positivity I can find out of this.

I am driving more every day. Today I went to my parents and they took me out for most of the morning visiting my aunts.
Was nice to get out.

AND, sleeping is getting better. Not sleeping through the night just yet, but I''m at least getting about 5-6 hours. Which is up from the 3 hours or so from a week or 2 ago.

Thanks again for keeping tabs on me. I''m bored out of my skull (no pun intended)!

LS

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I'm telling you- gotta get hooked on an online game. You'll never be bored again.
2.gif

I am still amazed by your optimism and humor. I truly, truly hope that the trend of lower pain days continues, and that the pain continues to lessen. You are in my prayers.
lil%20hug.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gecko.

I''m hangin'' on by the skin of my teeth.

Online Gaming? are you kidding? my brain can''t focus very well yet! That will be a few weeks coming. (the least of my worries...that''s just a matter of time).

But it was nice to have a "3" day today, instead of a 7 or an 8....

nighty night
LS

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah for having a "3" day!
36.gif
Sleep well.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The analyst in me has to say -- HOORAY for downward trends!
3.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 12:13:23 AM
Author: VRBeauty
The analyst in me has to say -- HOORAY for downward trends!
3.gif
yeah, when all else fails, start keeping stats...

LS

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really does sound like things are improving at least a little bit at a time which is much better than not at all! Here''s hoping that today is the first of many "2''s".

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 9:27:46 AM
Author: Catmom
It really does sound like things are improving at least a little bit at a time which is much better than not at all! Here''s hoping that today is the first of many ''2''s''.
OMG a TWO??? What''s that????

A 2? A 2? MY KINGDOM FOR A 2!

LS

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 9:46:53 AM
Author: LostSapphire

Date: 2/11/2009 9:27:46 AM
Author: Catmom
It really does sound like things are improving at least a little bit at a time which is much better than not at all! Here''s hoping that today is the first of many ''2''s''.
OMG a TWO??? What''s that????

A 2? A 2? MY KINGDOM FOR A 2!

LS
Ahhhhh, LS. Thanks for the smile. When my arthritic joints are acting up a bit, like today, you put it all into perspective.

I have a feeling that those 2s are just around the corner!
36.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Hoping to continue the downward trend! I second catmom, let''s go for a two!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ll raise that to a ONE!!!!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
HI LS,
Just popped onto this thread to see how you''ve been doing.......sounds like maybe slowly but surely things are getting a little better? Surgery of any kind is such a trauma to the body. Just have patience, and hopefully each week will bring small rewards of healing to you.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
OK so I know we''re aiming for pain levels at 2''s, or 1''s out of 10, but I''ve discovered something tonight that gives me some hope:

Since yesterday morning, the pain has stayed at about a 3. This is the first 2-day time frame where I haven''t had a spike to a 7 or an 8 out of 10. (small YAY)

Tonight around 9, for some reason my teeth pain returned (remember, it''s NOT MY TEETH! but nerve endings around my face that are acting up....). So I took 2 x Tylenol #3s just to see if they would help any. Prior to my surgery, NO pain medication whatsoever took the pain away. I could eat Oxy-Contin by the handful to no effect.

It''s now 11 p.m. and guess what? My pain has gone back down to a 3!!!!!!!!!
9.gif

Such joy in baby steps. aaahhhhh progress. YAY

Just thought I''d share something positive for a change.

LS

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
cheerleader1.gif
walklikeanegyptian.gif
Yay LS! Progress! Yay for Progress! I hope you have a good day!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 11:10:23 PM
OK so I know we''re aiming for pain levels at 2''s, or 1''s out of 10, but I''ve discovered something tonight that gives me some hope:

Since yesterday morning, the pain has stayed at about a 3. This is the first 2-day time frame where I haven''t had a spike to a 7 or an 8 out of 10. (small YAY)

Tonight around 9, for some reason my teeth pain returned (remember, it''s NOT MY TEETH! but nerve endings around my face that are acting up....). So I took 2 x Tylenol #3s just to see if they would help any. Prior to my surgery, NO pain medication whatsoever took the pain away. I could eat Oxy-Contin by the handful to no effect.

It''s now 11 p.m. and guess what? My pain has gone back down to a 3!!!!!!!!!

9.gif

Such joy in baby steps. aaahhhhh progress. YAY

Just thought I''d share something positive for a change.

LS
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY, YAY, YAY!!!!!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
So this is probably going to totally JINX things but here goes:

It''s 12 noon and time to make an entry in my pain log. Guess what I just wrote??

A TWO!!! A 2!! A 2!! A 2!!! A 2!!!

LS

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 12:12:14 PM

It''s 12 noon and time to make an entry in my pain log. Guess what I just wrote??

LS
yayy.gif
yayy.gif
yayy.gif
yayy.gif
yayy.gif
yayy.gif
yayy.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 12:29:07 PM

Date: 2/12/2009 12:12:14 PM

LS
yayy.gif
yayy.gif
yayy.gif
yayy.gif
yayy.gif
yayy.gif
yayy.gif
shhhhhhhhhh Gecko....not so loud! Let''s not jinx it!!
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY ....

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 12:34:08 PM
YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY ....
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yay!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results