shape
carat
color
clarity

LostSapphire: sending out love, dust, prayers and support to you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2009 4:19:22 PM
Author: LostSapphire

Date: 1/26/2009 3:43:13 PM
Author: geckodani
I''m so glad LS! How you feeling? ((HUGS))
about as good as dirt.
40.gif

LS
I''m sorry LS, maybe a nice dirt cake would help? I realy hope you feel better soon!

dirt-cake-lg1.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 4:51:35 PM
Author: Catmom
I''m sorry LS, maybe a nice dirt cake would help? I realy hope you feel better soon!
you got me Catmom. Made me giggle.
thanks

LS

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 4:51:35 PM
Author: Catmom

Date: 1/26/2009 4:19:22 PM

Date: 1/26/2009 3:43:13 PM
I'm so glad LS! How you feeling? ((HUGS))
about as good as dirt.
40.gif

LS
I'm sorry LS, maybe a nice dirt cake would help? I realy hope you feel better soon!
EEW!! You put in the gummy worms
3.gif
I'm glad that made you feel better, LS
9.gif
take two gummy worms and call me in the morning....
17.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor LS, I just hope you get some relief SOON!!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 7:41:06 PM

Date: 1/26/2009 7:06:29 PM
Beautiful things can come from dirt (this is the back of a dirty car window):

http://www.dirtycarart.com/gallery/index.htm

you guys aren''t gonna let me wallow no matter how hard I try!
1.gif

thanks. It''s just hard when it huts so bad. man I got a HEADACHE

LS
Monster headache, or I''m healing from surgery headache?

And nope. No wallowing. Only hope and hugs allowed. ((HUGS))

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 10:21:34 PM

Monster headache, or I'm healing from surgery headache?

Mostly they "wrecked my neck in the surgery" headache. The neck/head positioning is rather extreme for this surgery, and a lot of patients have difficulties afterwards until their neck muscles relax. I'm working on that tonight and it's starting to ease up a bit.

LS

I have a pic of my staples. Would that freak people out if I posted it? (really, really small though so it doesn't make people puke)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Maybe do a post before with REALLY BIG LETTERS warning that your next post is the pic?

If it makes you feel better to share it sweetie- post away. ((HUGS))

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
maybe I''ll wait until the staples are out. Not so gruesome.

I''m not really into sharing all the blood and guts of this procedure. So I guess that means I''m just BORED.
2.gif

LS

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 10:55:28 PM

Date: 1/26/2009 10:21:34 PM

Monster headache, or I''m healing from surgery headache?

Mostly they ''wrecked my neck in the surgery'' headache. The neck/head positioning is rather extreme for this surgery, and a lot of patients have difficulties afterwards until their neck muscles relax. I''m working on that tonight and it''s starting to ease up a bit.

LS

I have a pic of my staples. Would that freak people out if I posted it? (really, really small though so it doesn''t make people puke)
I hear you on the neck issue. I am so sorry. I hope it eases up soon. I have 3 herniated disks in my neck, have had neck surgery. I remember waking up feeling my scalp and was like there are holes. No one told me about that. HUGS. Am praying it goes away.
12.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 11:28:48 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I hear you on the neck issue. I am so sorry. I hope it eases up soon. I have 3 herniated disks in my neck, have had neck surgery. I remember waking up feeling my scalp and was like there are holes. No one told me about that. HUGS. Am praying it goes away.
12.gif
Yeah, I hear you about the "holes". the surgical site doesn''t bother me, but I remember the last time I couldn''t figure out what the 2 small (maybe 1/2" dia) holes on my forehead hairline were....really bugged me because they seemed quite deep.

When I asked the surgeon,he looked at me funny. then said, "well, those are for the hooks". HOOKS? What hooks!!!???? Apparently when they open up your head they have to hold the skin back somehow....hence the hooks. EW

I have hook holes again this time. In a different place. you''d think they''d use the same ones!

LS

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 11:37:02 PM

12.gif
Yeah, I hear you about the 'holes'. the surgical site doesn't bother me, but I remember the last time I couldn't figure out what the 2 small (maybe 1/2' dia) holes on my forehead hairline were....really bugged me because they seemed quite deep.

When I asked the surgeon,he looked at me funny. then said, 'well, those are for the hooks'. HOOKS? What hooks!!!???? Apparently when they open up your head they have to hold the skin back somehow....hence the hooks. EW

I have hook holes again this time. In a different place. you'd think they'd use the same ones!

LS
23.gif

32.gif

23.gif

Ow.

And Ew.

((HUGS))

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2009 8:54:54 AM
Date: 1/26/2009 11:37:02 PM

12.gif

Yeah, I hear you about the ''holes''. the surgical site doesn''t bother me, but I remember the last time I couldn''t figure out what the 2 small (maybe 1/2'' dia) holes on my forehead hairline were....really bugged me because they seemed quite deep.

When I asked the surgeon,he looked at me funny. then said, ''well, those are for the hooks''. HOOKS? What hooks!!!???? Apparently when they open up your head they have to hold the skin back somehow....hence the hooks. EW

I have hook holes again this time. In a different place. you''d think they''d use the same ones!

LS

23.gif

32.gif

23.gif

Ow.

And Ew.

((HUGS))
WHAT SHE SAID!!
6.gif

It is so nice to see you posting again though! I really hope you get to feeling better soon and that the monster is gone for good!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
OK you little babies

(careful, I'm in a good mood today!)

I ran my headshot through an watercolour filter so as to not offend any of your sensibilities!

Here you go

LS

Foo151.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Owie, OWIE Miss LS!!!
32.gif
Somehow I wasn''t imagining such a huge incision. YIKES! I''m glad you''re in a good mood though.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock

I put the biggest filter I could find on the pic. Didn''t mean to gross any of you out!

It''s fine, really

4.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OWIE LS, gosh that gives me a headache just looking at that. I am glad you are OK though. You poor little thing.

Love, Linda

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/27/2009 1:04:20 PM

I put the biggest filter I could find on the pic. Didn''t mean to gross any of you out!

It''s fine, really

4.gif

No gross outs here, of course I also watch all the medical shows on the discovery health channel and TLC.
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
No gross out here either just - Ow. LOL.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the pic - it gives an idea of what went on. When do you go back to the surgeon to find out more details on the results of the surgery? Is the excruciating pain gone now - aside from the post surgical pain you have?

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Wouldn''t it be great if there were some way to explain to your pain neurons that the swelling is temporary and helpful, and they should just shut the heck up? I mean, it''s all well and good to let you know that something''s wrong, but it''s sort of the biological equivalent of those car alarms that just keep going off and GOING OFF.

I hope you feel slightly less like dirt every day.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bless your heart. That monster had better be dead after all this.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Today has been a slightly better day. I'll take that! Even improvement in small increments means I'll get there eventually.

The biggest problem is the headache, which is being caused by a wrench in my neck due to positioning in the OR.

So I had my chiro work on my neck and shoulder today. She is wonderfully gentle yet pointed in her movements. And the headache is a bit better. It felt really good when she was working on me.

So we're making some progress. Staples come out on friday, which should help loosen things out a bit.

LS

ETA: You are absolutely right, DS, that DAMN MONSTER HAD BETTER WELL BE GOOD AND DEAD

we'll know in another week or so.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes that damn monster better be gone for life. I am glad today was a bit better. You are doing a great job, your strength is amazing. You are one tough cookie. HUGS!!!! xxoo Lisa

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
prayers continue!!
Hope today is going much better for you.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
So glad you went to the chiropractor and that she was gentle. (I love chiro''s. I''m there once or twice a month). A gentle massage therapist would be great for you also.

Can you get in the bathtub and soak any? That loosens muscles. (Would that be safe for you at this point.) Hot water bottle on the way lower neck and upper back? I also really like those BenGay/Mineral Ice 8 hour patches that they sell in the drug store.

Neck tension Absolutely causes headaches. Among other issues, I''m a migraine sufferer from ones that stem from neck tension. I''ve got a prescription that works really well for it, though.

More big soft hugs.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2009 1:23:51 PM
Author: sonomacounty
So glad you went to the chiropractor and that she was gentle. (I love chiro''s. I''m there once or twice a month). A gentle massage therapist would be great for you also.

Can you get in the bathtub and soak any? That loosens muscles. (Would that be safe for you at this point.) Hot water bottle on the way lower neck and upper back? I also really like those BenGay/Mineral Ice 8 hour patches that they sell in the drug store.

Neck tension Absolutely causes headaches. Among other issues, I''m a migraine sufferer from ones that stem from neck tension. I''ve got a prescription that works really well for it, though.

More big soft hugs.

WOW thanks for the suggestion. I''m not a "bath" girl but this sounds exactly what''s needed.

I''m off to the tub....THANKS!

Ls

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2009 1:56:32 PM

Date: 1/28/2009 1:23:51 PM
Author: sonomacounty

More big soft hugs.

WOW thanks for the suggestion. I''m not a ''bath'' girl but this sounds exactly what''s needed.

I''m off to the tub....THANKS!

Ls
Baths are the only thing that keep me sane. Light some candles, have some wine and relax!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results