shape
carat
color
clarity

LostSapphire: sending out love, dust, prayers and support to you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! You made it through work. Here''s hoping for a restful and monster free weekend.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
dammit. ate my post.

Let me try again

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
YAY what a wonderful end to a long week:

I got into work after a doctor’s appointment, and found the entire firm (lawyers in robes and all.....whoa!) waiting for me with cake, cookies, treats, speeches, cards, and lovely good wishes.

Such great kindness.

Then an amazing thing happened: a few years ago, one of our young lawyers was going through a cancer scare, and was quite afraid about what she may have to do to deal with it.

I gave her my copy of Eleanor Roosevelt’s writing on “fear” (text further below), thinking maybe it would help her. I’ve kept it in my wallet for years.

Anyhow, they had all gone together and bought a warm, snuggly blanket for me to take into the hospital. THEY EMBROIDERED THE POEM ONTO THE BLANKET!

I lost it then and there. Whew. That was hard. I read it to them out loud and had a really hard time getting through it. So we all had a good cry and then binged on cake.

emcake.gif

So it turns out I found my ZEN at the office after all!

face9.gif

The last thing I did tonight on the way home was cut off all my hair. I know they’re only going to shave part of it, but from the memories of last time, it never grows in right unless you just cut it all off. That sure makes it real….

LS

You gain strength, courage and confidence
by every experience in which you really stop
to look fear in the face.

You are able to say to yourself,
“I lived through this horror.
I can take the next thing that comes along.”

You must do the thing you think you cannot do.

Eleanor Roosevelt

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
6.gif
1.gif
39.gif

36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You make me cry LS, you are such an amazing person. May your zen last through the weekend and know that we here are all there with you on Monday.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
39.gif
Oh lord you have me crying LS. That poem is perfect. And what a wonderful thing they did for you, adding it to that blanket. I''m home Monday - and I''ll be sending up prayers as fast and furiously as I can. May I ask what time your surgery is?

And sweetheart- rock the hair, or lack there of. Short hair is sassy, and it will grow in as gorgeous as the person I know you to be. ((HUGS))

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I hope you have a wonderful weekend LS.
Your courage astounds me.
Sending prayers, dust and best wishes.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness gosh I realized the fourteenth had come and gone and there is so much news since then. I''m so sorry to hear your pain hasn''t yet stopped but I was really touched by your last day of work before the surgery. You have managed to deal with all of this with such strength and humor, you are truly an amazing person! I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your husband and wish you all the courage in the world as you go into surgery Monday. In the meantime, I''ll look up some pics from one of my (other) favorite websites, upsidedowndogs.com. Hope you enjoy the pics!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
kkPbMV7aXijalmb3AwhdcUtuo1_400.jpg
:)

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Shoot. didn''t work. gotta figure that out...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 11:05:59 PM
Author: Catmom
You make me cry LS, you are such an amazing person. May your zen last through the weekend and know that we here are all there with you on Monday.
Ditto

LS You are an amazing person, you have handled this with such strength and dignity. I am in awe of you. What a lovely thing your office did for you. The blanket with the poem, so perfect for what you are going through. Keep that Zen going. We will all be here on Monday praying for you... HUGS!!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Here''s one

kkPbMV7aXid6na5nAMaPiaURo1_r2_400.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock

kkPbMV7aXh39d0edkxxXAvHwo1_400.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock

kkPbMV7aXh8cxobbDyhu54L8o1_400.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock

kkPbMV7aXh9qk1k450bxWjpco1_400.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock

kkPbMV7aXh9qkjzhUN9Hp020o1_400.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock

kkPbMV7aXh9qlcjgucA6RZdoo1_400.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
another

kkPbMV7aXhnivkz3p3MarmYvo1_400.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Hope you enjoyed the upside down dogs.

kkPbMV7aXid6mb0vYYgFK0nlo1_400.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oh honey!! That''s so beautiful!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful thing your coworkers did for you.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Kelli: those dogs crack me up!

UPDATE: my surgery has been moved to 1st thing Tueday morning. I was third in a line of 3 procedures booked on Monday, and the neurosurg thought it would be best to slide mine over into the next day.

I''m really pleased with this. With so many things are going on, I was beginning to wonder how I was going to find quiet time with sweet DH and the furkids. Now we get to hang out all day Monday, and just have to be at the hospital tuesday really early in the morning.

Sorry for the confusion, but please don''t get yourselves stressed out on Monday: I''ll be kicking back with my teapot!

LS

p.s. I still HATE my hair all cut off.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oh, LS, I''m so happy you get a day with your DH and your furbabies. How wonderful.

I know it''s not thrilling to have short hair when you don''t pick it, but from one short-haired lady to another...LS, honey, on you, it''s a mark of strength. We''re proud of you.

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like you''re doing remarkably well, all things considered. I''m glad you''ll have a quiet Monday!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
LS -

I don''t know how I missed all this! I am sending lots of dust your way. You will be in my thoughts Tuesday AM.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Kelli - OMG I just laughed so hard I was in tears.

LS - Yay for another day to just relax with DH and the furkids. And I''m glad that you will be the FIRST in the lineup Tuesday, rather than the third on Monday.

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
The story about your coworkers made me cry!
39.gif
That is so incredibly sweet.

You will be in my thoughts this weekend and especially on Tuesday. How wonderful that you will be able to enjoy extra time with your family and be first in line on Tuesday!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Hi everybody.

Well, the chores are all done....laundry, tidying up, making up beds, grooming the furkids, etc etc.

Today we had a magical brunch out in the country in a restaurant surrounded by frozen waterfalls, snowflakes, roaring fires, yummy food and each other. It was perfect.

So, my nails are off (yuck yuck yuck), hair is cut off, pedicure done, I have new jammies and slippers, and I think the only thing left to do is tweezer my eyebrows...STILL hate the hair but it will grow back.

OMG: what was I thinking???? THE BLING HAS TO GO INTO THE SAFE! (those of you who know the origin of my forum name would understand this little thing!)
6.gif

The pain is excruciating today.
face14.gif
In a way, that''s a good thing. Yesterday it wasn''t so bad and I was second-guessing myself. Again.

I''m really tired. I hope you''ll stay with me another 36 hours or so. Thanks

LS

redheadma

Rough_Rock
Still here and counting down with you. The brunch sounded lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results