shape
carat
color
clarity

LostSapphire: sending out love, dust, prayers and support to you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2009 12:29:42 PM
Author: LostSapphire

Date: 1/11/2009 12:27:36 PM
Author: Harriet
Here''s Myrtle for you.
Look at THAT FACE!!!! Too cute! And she is groomed beautifully, I must add.

LS
Can you see the rascal in her?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
This is my other MCC, Woody. There was a myth that racoons and cats mated and produced Maine Coons. That was not possible, of course. The breed is big, shaggy and looks a bit like a bobcat, especially the brown tabbies. Woody just turned 20 years old this year
1.gif

Archive 18Woody 2.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2009 12:32:27 PM

Date: 1/11/2009 12:29:42 PM

Date: 1/11/2009 12:27:36 PM
Here''s Myrtle for you.
Look at THAT FACE!!!! Too cute! And she is groomed beautifully, I must add.

LS
Can you see the rascal in her?
Myrtle looks to have a bit of a "Cheshire Cat" in her....(where''s that from,Alice in Wonderland?)

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2009 1:17:00 PM
Author: risingsun
This is my other MCC, Woody. There was a myth that racoons and cats mated and produced Maine Coons. That was not possible, of course. The breed is big, shaggy and looks a bit like a bobcat, especially the brown tabbies. Woody just turned 20 years old this year
1.gif
Holeee Moleee now I get it. WOW Is Woody as big as he looks in the pic? He looks really tall and long and non-delicate, KWIM?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2009 1:37:00 PM

Date: 1/11/2009 1:17:00 PM
Author: risingsun
1.gif
Holeee Moleee now I get it. WOW Is Woody as big as he looks in the pic? He looks really tall and long and non-delicate, KWIM?
Woody is 18 lbs and he is a big guy. He was 22 lbs at his heaviest. Maine Coons are rugged and solid, especially the males. Abby is half his size, but is the "madame" of the house. Everyone else is her staff and that''s the way she likes it
23.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Good luck with your surgery. I will be checking up on you and thinking of you on the 19th.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2009 5:10:50 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Good luck with your surgery. I will be checking up on you and thinking of you on the 19th.
Thank you LtlFirecracker

LS

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2009 1:35:05 PM
Myrtle looks to have a bit of a ''Cheshire Cat'' in her....(where''s that from,Alice in Wonderland?)
Yup. Here''s Winston to say "hi."

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too will be thinking of you on the 19th and hoping that this nightmare will be over for you. You have been such a trooper through all of this and all the pain. . . most of us can''t imagine what it has been like for you.

We''ll all focus on positive thoughts for you - here''s to a wonderful outcome!
36.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2009 9:51:14 PM
Here''s Winston to say ''hi.''
Harriet:

THANK YOU.

I am unable to sleep tonight and have been tossing and turning for hours. Tomorrow I have my pre-op admissions appointment and I guess I''m starting to second guess this whole thing and where the next week will take me.

I''m getting flashbacks and 15-year old memories from my first brain surgery running through my mind. Only the bad stuff mind you...none of that goodie goodie "miracles" nonsense, just black, negative, scary thoughts....right now I was just fixated on how horrible it is when they remove the drains they put in your neck during surgery...yeah, it''s that bad.

So I decided to get up and have a look on PS. FIRST THING I see? is that silly goofy Winston pic you posted. You made me laugh out loud...no mean feat these days.

Thank you.
LS

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
LostSapphire, I just wanted to stop in and tell you that I''m thinking of you and wishing you the best. I read up on this thread and am sending you positive thoughts and dust for your surgery, as well as the negative thoughts going through your head right now. You are a strong and inspirational woman, truly. I can only imagine what you are going through right now. Sending HUGS and love to you from afar.

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/11/2009 11:37:44 PM
Date: 1/11/2009 9:51:14 PM

Here''s Winston to say ''hi.''

Harriet:

THANK YOU.

I am unable to sleep tonight and have been tossing and turning for hours. Tomorrow I have my pre-op admissions appointment and I guess I''m starting to second guess this whole thing and where the next week will take me.

I''m getting flashbacks and 15-year old memories from my first brain surgery running through my mind. Only the bad stuff mind you...none of that goodie goodie ''miracles'' nonsense, just black, negative, scary thoughts....right now I was just fixated on how horrible it is when they remove the drains they put in your neck during surgery...yeah, it''s that bad.

So I decided to get up and have a look on PS. FIRST THING I see? is that silly goofy Winston pic you posted. You made me laugh out loud...no mean feat these days.

Thank you.

LS

I hope your appointment goes well - and i am glad you turn to PS for a smile! :)

Thinking of you!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LS, hope your appointment went well!! This crew says if you can''t sleep tonight then just come and join the party and guaranteed you will be sleepin'' it off with the rest of them!

Cat_Party01.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hee hee Catmom! That''s hilarious!

LS - Just wanted to drop by and say I hope all is well!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2009 4:18:31 PM
Author: geckodani
Hee hee Catmom! That''s hilarious!

LS - Just wanted to drop by and say I hope all is well!
Ditto!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 2:42:04 PM
Author: Catmom
LS, hope your appointment went well!! This crew says if you can''t sleep tonight then just come and join the party and guaranteed you will be sleepin'' it off with the rest of them!
Catmom you crack me up. I like the fish bones under the edge of the sofa.

LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Hello everybody.

Well, it has been a very long day. 5 hours at a pre-op assessment and admissions process.

I''ve been poked, prodded, needled, weighed, measured and checked from stem to stern.

EKG, chest X-Rays, blood work, more bloodwork, swabbing for super bugs (nope, got none), BP checks, and interviews with nurse practitioners, anaesthetists, pharmacists, etc etc etc.

So they say I''m good to go. I''d like to run in the other direction.

It was a very long night. I had to get up at 4 a.m. and yet was still awake at 3:10 a.m...

Brings back a lot of memories. But I must say, I have never experienced such professionalism, empathy and sheer kindness from healthcare staff. EVERY single person I interfaced with today ''wished me well'' as they then moved me further along the assembly line of admissions to a neurosurgical unit....it was an amazing experience. And all from people who didn''t know me personally.

Monday morning I am to be there 4 hours before surgery start time for another round of CT scans and testing....

I am sooooo tired. So it''s off to bed to dream of kittens and puppies.

LS

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad to hear that your day at the hospital went as well as could be expected. I''ll definitely be thinking of you over the next week. So will Caileigh: she says if her bone will help you get better, you can have it. (And if not, she says, could you please throw it?)

Caleigh29.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RS: I''m glad your appointment today went well, and that you''ll be in caring hands next Monday. Until then, I wish you moments of peace.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
LS wishing you the best outcome. My thoughts are with you and yours.
Take care
kate in Australia

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LS, it sounds like they treated you well at the hospital today and certainly gave you some thorough testing. I hope you slept well tonight dreaming of cute puppies and kitties. Hugs to you, Brave Lady.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
LS, I did it, I found the monster! Look! She''s terrifying.

2.gif
Just imagine her cuddling with you instead of shooting death glares like she is now.

ohmigawshlolaisthemonster.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
((HUGS)) Sweet dreams my friend.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
*lots and lots of hugs* Sleep sweet.

I have next Monday off, so I plan to sit up with you, as it were.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope this brightens your day.

Cuteforls.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
((HUGS)) Thinkin about you.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
A late addition to this post.

Sending you best wishes and hugs from Singapore...

Sparkles

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Good morning my friends (including the furry ones).

Thank you for your notes. I am struggling to make it through the week at work (finish on Friday). There is so much to do yet I can only tackle the serious stuff. The rest will have to wait.

It feels like everybody wants "a piece of me" before I leave...things they''ve left unanswered for months have suddenly become URGENT. They''ll have to get over it.

Sleeping a bit better the last couple of nights.

I''m loving the animal pics. They are wonderful. ESPECIALLY THAT MONSTER, PRINCESS!
3.gif
ow, how fierce is that?

Have a good day everybody.

LS

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thoughts and prayers continue LS!
35.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Glad it could make you smile.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results