shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost engagement ring!!

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
And with it, she recovered her identity. I loved that moment... it also kind of showed the power of jewelry in that it marks certain events in our lives.
nod.gif

Totally!! That Carrie necklace is ICONIC.

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
I once lent a ring to a friend who lost it, then found it much, much later in a pants cuff. (I later lost it myself, to my unending regret.) Also, I once found a lost EarPod about three years later in the lining of a coat. I had dropped it, and it seemed to have vanished into thin air, but it had fallen into a pocket, through a hole, and into the lining.

Yeah that's what seems to have happened. It vanished into thin air. Unless one of my toddlers or dog ate it LOL.

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
When my kids were young, my DH and I lost our rings, my ER and his wedding band. My ER was in the vacuum cleaner bag. I found his wedding ring in my toddler son’s toy box 9 months later!

So you really never know.

this is exactly what i was just thinking
i would say (if i was a betting woman which im not) there is at least a 50% chance of @Sirenagirl 's lost ER turning up within a day or two of her having her new ER on her finger

Right? As soon as you replace her, she'll pop out of hiding like "tadaaa!!"
neenerneenerguy.gif

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
Can I get everyone's thoughts on this one:

It's a particolored sapphire with flashes of orange. I really like that multi-color effect. I do see that it has a lot of brown which I'm worried will bother me in the long-term.

It also has some inclusions which also am worried I will see and be not pleased with on a daily basis.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I know it’s not an engagement ring but I lost my absolutely favourite brooch that y husband bought me and that the stones were from other sentimental origins. It fell off between y home work and getting back again. I was devastated.

I am only grateful that it was a “made” item rather than an irreplaceable hierloom.

My first purchase this year when I could afford it was to replace the brooch and my wonderful, sweet, kind jeweller replaced it cor me for cost.

Original;

IMG_1663.jpeg

IMG_2706.jpeg

It’s not identical but I love it very much - not least because my long, long time jeweller was so kind to me in helping me replace it.

I really wish I could see the vids, because the color looks quite pretty in the photos. Yes, Umba is one of the major producers of pink-orange sapphires. Some sellers will even refer to them as pads, but they tend to be darker and have a brown modifier. So labs like AGL will not certifty them as pads. I don't see significant brown in the photo, but I'm not sure about the videos. Were they taken in daylight? Try just copy and pasting the links rather than embedding them.

P.S. The cut is lovely... the inclusions may be something you need to see if you can tolerate in person.

I know it’s not an engagement ring but I lost my absolutely favourite brooch that y husband bought me and that the stones were from other sentimental origins. It fell off between y home work and getting back again. I was devastated.

I am only grateful that it was a “made” item rather than an irreplaceable hierloom.

My first purchase this year when I could afford it was to replace the brooch and my wonderful, sweet, kind jeweller replaced it cor me for cost.

Original;

IMG_1663.jpeg

IMG_2706.jpeg

It’s not identical but I love it very much - not least because my long, long time jeweller was so kind to me in helping me replace it.

Isn't that beautiful... an unfortunate tale that had a happy ending. Your jeweler (and husband) is a keeper, that's for sure!

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock

Original;

IMG_1663.jpeg

IMG_2706.jpeg

Ah I feel your pain. Both brooches are LOVELY. What a nice gesture from your jeweler. I love that the new brooch has that element of kindness associated with it. Thanks for sharing.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Original;

IMG_1663.jpeg

IMG_2706.jpeg

that is so sad but
with a happy ending
and very descent of your jeweller
i winder if the person who picked it up realizes its true worth ?
i cant bare to think of it lost under the shrubbery or worse
i mean who would leave that sparkly thing just sitting there on the footpath ?

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

Let's put it in contention. I think you can do better.
*contact these people at Nabati they also have loose stones

Finding a textbook 'pad' is going to take time. If they have the designation they can go for 2k a ct or more. Does it have to be unheated?
What are you looking for exactly? Peach, more on the pink with hint of purple? Sunset?
Your best bet will likely be having someone source to find what you're looking for or it may take awhile until you happen across a deal.

Last edited:

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
I prefer the peach/pink combined undertones but also open to those with predominantly peach tones. That Etsy stone above is PRETTY! I reached out to some of the folks mentioned here today about what I’m looking for. Totally appreciate the guidance and suggestions. Keep them coming!

I don’t mind if it’s heated.

Ahh I see her. So I only concern myself with how a gem looks in natural light. And this one is a little washed out for my tastes. It's a rather lackluster peach in daylight. Just my two cents. Naturally, it must please you!

Untitled (1).jpg

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
I'm just seeing all this and am so sorry for your loss!! I've lost jewelry before and am still sad when I think about those pieces so I can only imagine how hard losing something that sentimental must be! I own and love lab grown diamonds so would totally recommend that route if you're wanting something sooner than later because I know how hard sourcing a peachy/pink sapphire can be (I searched two years for mine. Also, FYI, it's actually listed in the pre-loved forum but doesn't seem to be the shape you're looking for). In any case, all the best with your search and have fun creating something you love!!

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
I'm just seeing all this and am so sorry for your loss!! I've lost jewelry before and am still sad when I think about those pieces so I can only imagine how hard losing something that sentimental must be! I own and love lab grown diamonds so would totally recommend that route if you're wanting something sooner than later because I know how hard sourcing a peachy/pink sapphire can be (I searched two years for mine. Also, FYI, it's actually listed in the pre-loved forum but doesn't seem to be the shape you're looking for). In any case, all the best with your search and have fun creating something you love!!

Thank you, it's really very sad. Yes I'm realizing that finding the right sapphire is going to be a mission. Of course I found the lab grown diamonds thread and my heart has skipped a beat for the super hard to find OEC's. LOL if only I were a simple girl. Did you mean to attach a link?

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, it's really very sad. Yes I'm realizing that finding the right sapphire is going to be a mission. Of course I found the lab grown diamonds thread and my heart has skipped a beat for the super hard to find OEC's. LOL if only I were a simple girl. Did you mean to attach a link?

I totally can relate! Old cut diamonds have my heart. Definitely follow Alex Parks' page on IG- he has some beautiful OECs for great prices but they get snapped up fast. Loosegrowndiamond.com also has some occasionally (I got a 1.2 CT one for a pendant from there) but they are typically more expensive than lab MRB, as I'm sure you're seeing so something to keep in mind. Last, there are also some gorgeous lab OECs on the preloved formum here, if you wanted to take a look. I was thinking my sapphire wasn't exactly the shape /color you were looking from the examples you shared above so I didn't share the link but here it is if you wanted to check it out:

Looking forward to following your journey and seeing you find another ring you love!

GemView

Shiny_Rock
Sapphire is more durable and classic; however, there are other choices in peachy-pink gemotones. I am partial to Zircon — not to be confused with CZ — because it is my birthstone. In the days before simulants, Zircon was commonly used as a diamond substitute. Zircon comes in many colors, including pink. The following is from a precision cutter on eBay. Most of the seller's current offerings are lab-made stones but he's capable of cutting just about anything (competition cutter).

Here's one of the current pink-peach stones he has available (Zircon):

As to your loss, I hope for your sake it will show up. Did you ever find it?

Unfortunately, I can relate. I just lost a ring my DH bought me — less than a year old! — containing yellow and white diamonds. It disappeared seemingly out of a jewelry box. Apparently I am on a losing streak because the other day I placed a white gold chain and a white gold finding in a small plastic zip-top jeweler's bag. I put the bag in a felt pouch (jewelry type with drawstrings) along with a small plastic container containing a loose stone that I intend to have set in a pendant. Due to a schedule change, I never made it to the jeweler so I went to retrieve the felt pouch out of my purse only to find that the loose stone is accounted for but not the chain and the pendant finding! (In fact I found this topic by searching PS to see if there was a topic on lost-and-found jewelry.)

I have turned my house upside down twice in two weeks looking for missing jewelry. Prior to this, the last time I lost a piece of jewelry I was a kid! Needless to say, it was the kick in the pants I needed to make sure my jewelry is insured.

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
I totally can relate! Old cut diamonds have my heart. Definitely follow Alex Parks' page on IG- he has some beautiful OECs for great prices but they get snapped up fast. Loosegrowndiamond.com also has some occasionally (I got a 1.2 CT one for a pendant from there) but they are typically more expensive than lab MRB, as I'm sure you're seeing so something to keep in mind. Last, there are also some gorgeous lab OECs on the preloved formum here, if you wanted to take a look. I was thinking my sapphire wasn't exactly the shape /color you were looking from the examples you shared above so I didn't share the link but here it is if you wanted to check it out:

Looking forward to following your journey and seeing you find another ring you love!

You're so right, old cuts are romantic! I have been eyeing some pre-loved jewels too. I'm feeling a tad bit all over the place. Also wanting to take the appropriate steps since we are going through insurance for the replacement. Your sapphire is lovely! Just not quite what I am aiming for. Hope she finds a wonderful new home soon.

I am looking forward to sharing my journey with you all too. ❤️ Hopefully everything works out LOL. Things feel kind of up in the air right now.

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
Sapphire is more durable and classic; however, there are other choices in peachy-pink gemotones. I am partial to Zircon — not to be confused with CZ — because it is my birthstone. In the days before simulants, Zircon was commonly used as a diamond substitute. Zircon comes in many colors, including pink. The following is from a precision cutter on eBay. Most of the seller's current offerings are lab-made stones but he's capable of cutting just about anything (competition cutter).

Here's one of the current pink-peach stones he has available (Zircon):

As to your loss, I hope for your sake it will show up. Did you ever find it?

Unfortunately, I can relate. I just lost a ring my DH bought me — less than a year old! — containing yellow and white diamonds. It disappeared seemingly out of a jewelry box. Apparently I am on a losing streak because the other day I placed a white gold chain and a white gold finding in a small plastic zip-top jeweler's bag. I put the bag in a felt pouch (jewelry type with drawstrings) along with a small plastic container containing a loose stone that I intend to have set in a pendant. Due to a schedule change, I never made it to the jeweler so I went to retrieve the felt pouch out of my purse only to find that the loose stone is accounted for but not the chain and the pendant finding! (In fact I found this topic by searching PS to see if there was a topic on lost-and-found jewelry.)

I have turned my house upside down twice in two weeks looking for missing jewelry. Prior to this, the last time I lost a piece of jewelry I was a kid! Needless to say, it was the kick in the pants I needed to make sure my jewelry is insured.

That's a pretty stone. No it has not shown up and I've given up hope. It's been a long time. I'm so sorry you lost your ring. It's the worst feeling. :(

I'm surprised there aren't more lost jewelry posts. Think I'd feel better if there were . Like I'm not the only one.

We even searched a vent that is low enough for one of the toddlers to reach. We found a few toys and several baby toothbrushes LOL. But no ring. I'm surprised there wasn't more stuff in there actually!!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know how heartbreaking it is to lose a special piece of jewellery. I’m sure the right replacement sapphire is out there waiting for you.
Recently I lost a diamond band ring. I searched the house top to bottom, even “un potted” the plants I had done the day before, just in case. Couldn’t remember where and when I might have taken it off. Checked my pockets, checked my handbag, checked the car, checked the vacuum cleaner. A complete mystery.
Guess where I found it.
In my pillowcase when I changed the bed sheets.
I must have put my hand inside the pillowcase while I was sleeping and when I pulled my hand out it I left the ring behind inside.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results