shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost engagement ring!!

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
My beautiful pink sapphire engagement ring is gone. :( I've been in denial. But I think I need to begin thinking about replacing it. You all helped me learn so much about sapphires, design and where to have it made (David Klass of course) prior to our engagement. Was hoping to get your help in finding my replacement sapphire. I'm looking for something pink, & love the orange, peachy/pinks. Something with a little liveliness and in the 2 carat size or at least comparable dimensions. Open to round, cushion cut or others. But not pear or step cuts. Screenshot_20240315_205251_Chrome.jpg Sharing a few posts for inspiration.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240204_231817_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240204_231817_Chrome.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20240209_012831_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240209_012831_Chrome.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 17
Oh honey... I'm so terribly sorry. But that ring was created and given with love, and so too will the new one. Dare I say you might even like it better? And your sentiments surrounding it will grow over time. ❤️

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry. As someone who also lost their ring, I feel your pain.
I remember your ring and it was lovely. I really am sorry you lost it. :(sad

Do you have a budget in mind for the stone? That would probably help in the search.

Edit to add: Sorry the pics are so big. :shifty:

I saw this 1.56ct on Finewater. Link
IMG_9585.jpeg

1.72ct from Gemfix. Link
IMG_9586.jpeg

2.06ct from Africa Gems. Link
IMG_9588.jpeg

2.13ct from Africa Gems. Link
IMG_9589.jpeg

1.85 from Africa Gems. Link
IMG_9591.jpeg

1.72ct from Africa Gems. Link
IMG_9592.jpeg

Way more saturated than your examples, but it is a rich pad color so I figured I’d add it. 2.01ct from Africa Gems. Link
IMG_9593.jpeg

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
Oh honey... I'm so terribly sorry. But that ring was created and given with love, and so too will the new one. Dare I say you might even like it better? And your sentiments surrounding it will grow over time. ❤️

Thank you, it's still hard to believe. I'm hoping the replacement will have more tones of peach and maybe a bit more flash. But I miss my old one a ton and one take it back in a heart beat!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, it's still hard to believe. I'm hoping the replacement will have more tones of peach and maybe a bit more flash. But I miss my old one a ton and one take it back in a heart beat!

im so sorry to read about your ER
but may you both have fun on the journey of choosing the new one as you make the new ring's own story in the happy history of your relationship

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
I’m so sorry. As someone who also lost their ring, I feel your pain.
I remember your ring and it was lovely. I really am sorry you lost it. :(sad

Do you have a budget in mind for the stone? That would probably help in the search.

Edit to add: Sorry the pics are so big. :shifty:

I saw this 1.56ct on Finewater. Link
IMG_9585.jpeg

1.72ct from Gemfix. Link
IMG_9586.jpeg

2.06ct from Africa Gems. Link
IMG_9588.jpeg

2.13ct from Africa Gems. Link
IMG_9589.jpeg

1.85 from Africa Gems. Link
IMG_9591.jpeg

1.72ct from Africa Gems. Link
IMG_9592.jpeg

Way more saturated than your examples, but it is a rich pad color so I figured I’d add it. 2.01ct from Africa Gems. Link
IMG_9593.jpeg

I'm sorry this happened to you as well. :( It's definitely super sad. Do you have any idea what happened to it?

I think my ring was valued all in at $5,500 so that's likely our total budget as we are going to go through insurance. Probably $3000 max for the stone. Curious if anyone knows anything about navigating that process. We have the insurance recommended on here, Mutual something.

I know some folks buy gemstones from Instagram accounts and have had luck. Are there any credible vendors on Instagram that are recommended?

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
im so sorry to read about your ER
but may you both have fun on the journey of choosing the new one as you make the new ring's own story in the happy history of your relationship

Thank you that's really kind. I've been avoiding starting this process. I felt overwhelmed by it for a long time. But funny thing I started looking at sapphires on the internet and my baby boy came up and saw my phone and yelled "EGG!" He scrolls through my phone looking at the pictures of the sparkley eggs!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you that's really kind. I've been avoiding starting this process. I felt overwhelmed by it for a long time. But funny thing I started looking at sapphires on the internet and my baby boy came up and saw my phone and yelled "EGG!" He scrolls through my phone looking at the pictures of the sparkley eggs!

definatly a sign =)2

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
She really makes some pretty rings! The round stone is the shade I like

She really does.
I can vouch for JuliaB as she made and sourced my spinel 3 stone and my oec band!
Julia can source stones, as well.

914387 947068

Adamant cuts a very pretty stone and they have more in inventory, they may have or can source your perfect color. It's worth reaching out.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you check my threads I made a very detailed thread about my experience replacing my damaged star sapphire through Jewelers mutual.

LOL it would be amazing if it did! But it's literally been gone a really long time. I've torn the house upside down looking for it. Several times. :(

Well I don't want to give you false hope... but when that has happened to me, it pops up once I stop looking. So you never know. But! I would now put my energy into creating a special piece you can cherish for a lifetime (and in the safe she goes when not being worn!). :dance:

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
She really does.
I can vouch for JuliaB as she made and sourced my spinel 3 stone and my oec band!
Julia can source stones, as well.

20221124_145056_resized.jpg 20230922_152540.jpg

Adamant cuts a very pretty stone and they have more in inventory, they may have or can source your perfect color. It's worth reaching out.

I LOVE your stack! I'd never heard of Adamant. Their stones are gorgeous!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
JuliaB is great! Also, check with desertrose on IG and see if she has anything.

SO sorry about your ring!!!!

Frenchieglitter

Rough_Rock
Hi @Sirenagirl
So sad for you, any chance it could've slipped off when digging around in a pocket or purse? Have you looked in coat, pant, purse pockets? Even dresser drawers? Maybe you'll have a SATC Carrie moment, when she found her necklace in her purse lining. :pray::pray:In the meantime hope you get a replacement that you love even more!

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi @Sirenagirl
So sad for you, any chance it could've slipped off when digging around in a pocket or purse? Have you looked in coat, pant, purse pockets? Even dresser drawers? Maybe you'll have a SATC Carrie moment, when she found her necklace in her purse lining. :pray::pray:In the meantime hope you get a replacement that you love even more!

It was fitting pretty tight :( so that's unlikely. But I did actually search all my bags/purses. And dresser drawers too. I know exactly THE moment in SATC. :) That would still be amazing!!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I once lent a ring to a friend who lost it, then found it much, much later in a pants cuff. (I later lost it myself, to my unending regret.) Also, I once found a lost EarPod about three years later in the lining of a coat. I had dropped it, and it seemed to have vanished into thin air, but it had fallen into a pocket, through a hole, and into the lining.

Frenchieglitter

Rough_Rock
Wow those are amazing stories, the pants cuff was especially lucky! (sorry it got lost any way, I guess that ring had other places to be:think: but who knows, there could be a chance! For now, enjoy shopping for new bling!!! Hope you'll share what you choose, I never get tired of looking at everyones treasures =)2

Hi @Sirenagirl

And with it, she recovered her identity. I loved that moment... it also kind of showed the power of jewelry in that it marks certain events in our lives.
nod.gif

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I don't want to give you false hope... but when that has happened to me, it pops up once I stop looking. So you never know. But! I would now put my energy into creating a special piece you can cherish for a lifetime (and in the safe she goes when not being worn!). :dance:

this is exactly what i was just thinking
i would say (if i was a betting woman which im not) there is at least a 50% chance of @Sirenagirl 's lost ER turning up within a day or two of her having her new ER on her finger

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I once lent a ring to a friend who lost it, then found it much, much later in a pants cuff. (I later lost it myself, to my unending regret.) Also, I once found a lost EarPod about three years later in the lining of a coat. I had dropped it, and it seemed to have vanished into thin air, but it had fallen into a pocket, through a hole, and into the lining.

oh that's sad about your lost ring, it just cant have ment to be
...or maybe there is a chance it will one day pop up again ???

regarding the pant's cuff a while ago (before the position was outsourced) i did the banking for our then local Bunnings (Australian big box hardwear store based on Lowes, owned by Westfarmers, largest conglomerate in Southern hemisphere)
it was actually high stress finding the veriences and working with loss prevention (anything over $5 had to be investigated, we did sack people for steeling on a too regular basis )
anyway we had one of those big machines- the changemaster, for the checkout operators to get their change from
at the end of the day one lady found a roll of coins in her jeans cuff

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi @Sirenagirl

@Sirenagirl i lost my keys -( home, work, the only key to our wash house), for about 5 months,but i just knew they were at home somewhere,
one day i was in a rush and left the house without brushing my hair (i wear a cap for work) at the bus stop i took the brush i hardly ever use out of my hand bag, it had its own long skinny pocket and
low and behold, there were my keys, they had been with me every day

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results